Tier 2 & 3 Rugby Forum

SUPER RUGBY 2017

National Flag:
AustraliaAustralia

Re: SUPER RUGBY 2017

Postby antlat » Sat, 15 Apr 2017, 01:43

I am a Melbourne Rebels member and I just received this email two days ago,

The following is a statement from the Melbourne Rebels Rugby Union Pty Limited board and management:

Not on our Watch

The Melbourne Rebels Rugby Union (MRRU) deny the right of the Australian Rugby Union (ARU) to “cut or chop” the Melbourne Rebels from the Super Rugby Competition. MRRU expresses great disappointment in the manner in which the matter has been managed and immediately calls on the ARU to publicly state that MRRU can not and is not being ‘cut or chopped’ from the Super Rugby Competition and advise the public that it had no right to say it could do this or to ‘request the Melbourne Rebels to ‘make its case’.

Legal position

Last Sunday evening, ARU Chair Cameron Clyne advised MRRU Chair Jonathan Ling that the ARU had decided to reduce the Australian representation from five to four teams and, further, that the Brumbies were ‘safe’ and that either the Rebels or the Force would be “cut”. This was contrary to advice that MRRU had previously received from ARU management.

We unequivocally reject that the ARU has any ability to “chop” or “cut” (ARU words) the Melbourne Rebels Super Rugby licence. Any representation by the ARU, including its Chairman, to that effect is legally incorrect and in complete conflict with the constitution of the ARU. The ARU’s continued use of these terms and perpetuation of this myth continues to cause significant damage to MRRU and its players and staff.

Despite being advised of its inability to “chop” MRRU, the ARU proceeded down this path thereby knowingly causing significant additional damage to MRRU – its players, coaches and stakeholders.

MRRU is steadfast in its stance that the Australian Rugby Union (ARU) does not have the legal right to ‘cut’ MRRU from the competition and that MRRU is in full compliance with the requirements of its Super Rugby Participation Deed. Further, MRRU will continue to perform all of its responsibilities to the Australian Rugby Union under its licence, and fully expects the Australian Rugby Union to do the same.

MRRU notes, and is very disappointed to hear and read statements that the board and senior management of the ARU did not believe for many years in the 5 team model and did not believe that model was financially viable. MRRU notes that this concern was not conveyed to Imperium Sports Management prior to its acquisition of MRRU despite the full board and management of the ARU having the opportunity to do so.

Patently through no fault of our own MRRU has suffered significant damage (financial, reputational, commercial and personal) by the ARU’s handling of this whole process and its unnecessary public statements and actions. Given these actions MRRU has notified the ARU of its intention to seek compensation and at this time has reserved all rights.

Support of our Fans and Stakeholders

MRRU would like to acknowledge the unwavering support it has received from the club’s members, fans and commercial partners during this unsatisfactory decision-making process.

MRRU is disappointed that its staff, players, members, fans and partners have suffered anguish and emotional distress.

MRRU appreciates all the support it has received from Victoria, Australia and around the World. MRRU acknowledges the frustration of some of its fans and social media followers and apologises for that perceived lack of communication while MRRU has been confirming its legal rights. With MRRU’s position now firmly established MRRU will be very public in its stance.

Rebels and the Victorian Rugby Union

MRRU, in conjunction with the Victorian Rugby Union (VRU), is totally committed to supporting the development and growth of rugby from grassroots to elite levels.

MRRU notes the ongoing support of the VRU and its President and Eminent QC, Tim North, who said:

“The VRU is strongly committed to its partnership with MRRU and its objectives of growing the game in Victoria and a successful Super Rugby Licencee in Melbourne is critical to that realisation.”

Ironically while the ARU has been looking to “chop” the MRRU team, rugby in Victoria has never been healthier. We have experienced unprecedented growth in participation, development and national success. And the MRRU’s and VRU’s commitment to rugby’s development pathways is yielding results with a record six home-grown players contracted to the Rebels this season and a record 10 Rebels named in the 2017 Australian U20s squad.

MRRU also wants to publicly acknowledge the Premier Daniel Andrews, Treasurer Tim Pallas, Sports Minister John Eren and their teams for their support of the MRRU and Victorian Rugby in general and specifically thoroughout this whole unnecessary and damaging saga.

ARU Broadcast Money

MRRU reluctantly accepts that the ARU board has voted to reduce the number of Super Rugby teams but it does not accept that the ARU arbitrarily takes the surplus funds ($6.0m) resulting from this decision.

This money is generated by the Super Rugby licencees and should be going back to the Super Rugby licence holders on an equal basis to ensure that they can be financially independent going forward – a stated ARU objective.

Growth of the game at all levels relies heavily on the success and sustainability of the Super Rugby teams and with their success will come greater participation and a profile for the game. The ARU has substantial revenue outside of this broadcast money and a judicious and unbiased allotment of this money will be sufficient to fund the direct investment they wish to allocate to the grassroots level of the game.

Competition Structure

The ARU has made it clear that Super Rugby is not delivering for the fans or viewers and the teams are all financially marginal. MRRU is disappointed that SANZAAR and the ARU did not use the strategic review as an opportunity to ensure that all teams played each other once by simply extending the Super Rugby Competition by two (2) more rounds, this could easily be fitted into the existing schedule by playing two rounds during the four week test window with limited impact.

This additional content would also be welcomed by the broadcaster, would make the competition fairer and importantly assist the Super Rugby teams with more opportunities to engage with fans and sponsors. We all want more Super Rugby not less, and we all want a fairer draw.

MRRU immediately requests the ARU to put an end to this ongoing saga and to allow the Australian rugby community and our Rebels Family, including players, staff, families, members, fans and stakeholders, to focus on rugby without further unwarranted distraction and mitigate any further damage.

We sincerely thank you for your ongoing support of the Club through this time and we look forward to seeing you at our home game against the Brumbies, tomorrow night at AAMI Park.

I take great heart that they are willing to fight to remain in Super Rugby.
This could get legally very ugly for SANZAAR as there is talk the Western Force are threatening legal action as well.

National Flag:
New ZealandNew Zealand

Postby YamahaKiwi » Sat, 15 Apr 2017, 12:42

RugbyLiebe wrote:
amz wrote:
RugbyLiebe wrote:Also a new era has begun with online-streaming. My weekly tv consumption has gone down to nearly zero. It is legal sport stream service DAZN for me, an App for my TV or Amazon prime. If you are not available you simply lose.

Exactly, they live in late 2000s - early 2010s and we are approaching the end of this decade; I love to watch tv sports but for some years, since I am able to pick most of the content I have an interest online, I only watch tv when I am too lazy to get down from bed.

So it's really confusing to see them talking all the time about going into new markets and this sort of crap with NH fixtures in Singapore and they don't realize they can go instantly on a global market...

What worries me is that stadium attendance is getting smaller...I see there are issues in other countries too. In Romania is a big issue especially since there is so much sport available on TV. Except some teams and competitions, no sport/team can afford to make budget prognosis based on gate receipts.

To be fair, they did get into new markets with Argentina and Japan. But even with Japan they totally messed up with the idiotic (and yes you have to be so drastic about that) move to host Sunwolves games in Singapore. There are to many "mimimimi"-cries in SANZAR. Kiwis mimimi all the time about they only play with the best of the best, not realizing that their total exciting and brilliant program is actually founded on foreign funds and they wouldn't be able to keep it up if no foreign money would flood in no more.

Australia doesn't apparently get their grass roots together and spends a lot of time listening to a) the Kiwi mimimi and b) fighting each other. South Africa at least forced the Japanese market in, because they understood how important this market is, if their economy tanks even more, but than made a mistake by allowing two Super Rugby franchise for one space at first and when the Kings came in they were already financially close to death and than the Singapore "mimimi" which let to the Sunwolves not being able to market the s*** out of their full potential (not playing the racist card of "Asians are all the same" here, but this bitter aftertaste is there as well - I mean you wouldn't think about letting a London team play in Dubai but London-Dubai is just 150km farer away than those 5300km Tokio-Singapore have in between) and than c) the Kiwi mimimi started once again, that the Sunwolves are not competitive, when they are de facto a rugby circus travelling by airplane around the world 3,25-times in one season.

They should have taken all the 18 teams and then reconsider what the better option for a) both the 18 existing teams and b) the posibilities of growth in the future are. Now there is another chance lost and I am not sure if Super Rugby will stand up after this knock-down.

At least they got the Jaguares right, but even then the Kiwi-mimimi came up again with "they are not good enough blablabla". Not sure what happened here, but I was once a big fan of the All Blacks, but this constant and shortsighted arrogance has driven me away from them.

Mate, allow me to introduce yourself to the FACTS of the matter of the SW inclusion. RSA was AGAINST Sunwolves coming into the competition. NZ & Aussie were the drivers behind their inclusion. RSA eventually relented ON THE PROVISO THAT MOST OF SUNWOLVES HOME GAMES V RSA TEAMS WOULD BE IN SINGAPORE SO THAT MOST RSA TEAMS WOULDN'T HAVE TO TRAVEL TO TOKYO EACH YEAR. Therefore the Singapore games are a compromise "solution" allowing the SW in, in return for not punishing RSA teams with more travel. Your assertion that the SW entry was the brainchild of RSA is simply bollocks! Sorry :)

Secondly, the team RSA did support from day one was the Jaguares. NZ and Australia had reservations at the start but as NZRFU CEO Steve Tew said Argentina's performances in the RC gave all three SANZAR unions confidence that the Jaguares would be competitive. Even when the inclusion of the Kings & Sunwolves was criticised in the NZ press, there were no arguments against the inclusion of the Jaguares.

As far as new markets are concerned, tell me which of the three original SANZAR teams has made the most effort, and been the first to try out playing in those markets? Yes, that would be the All Blacks, and the Maori All Blacks. Steve Tew isn't perfect but at the least he has been the CEO in SANZAR most able to see the possible strategic benefits of developing a relationship with North America and Japan. Contrary to your line that RSA sees the value of new markets, they are the one SANZAAR team that has yet to play in one of those new markets. So one wonders where you got your idea that RSA is leading SANZAAR's charge in that direction.

Yes, as I've harped on about before, there is a faction in NZ Rugby (and unfortunately the most powerful one) that is imo to blame for the current mess. However not all factions agree. The marketing dept of NZRFU was said to support non RSA team regular season play but they were overruled by the HPU faction. Also the players are against more NZ derbies (but coaches want them - Chris Boyd said this week "Bring them on!" :( ) So when you blame NZ, yes some parts are bad, some are ok. Also the NZ media, especially the NZ Herald has definitely played a disgusting, arrogant, and xenophobic agenda and heaping sh** on SR. It is almost redneck rugby journalism and it's played out well to the ignorant rugby fans in NZ. Even when the removal of three teams was announced, the amount of bitching and moaning over the new format was unbelieveable.

Btw, the Sunwolves are now under attack in the NZ media, with Herald again leading the attack, and asking whether the SW should be the ones culled, not the Aussie team. Wynne Gray and especially the curent rugby editor Gregor Paul have always had something against Japanese rugby right from the time they said the 2013 ABs Tokyo game was a waste of time. SteveTew showing more big picture vision than the media has consistently defended the SW inclusion.

However the admin of the SW has been so miserable, that apparently they will be told by SANZAAR to get their act together or else! As much as I love Japanese rugby, and loathe the Herald rugby writers, the warning will be thoroughly deserved. If the SW get kicked out because their back office can't organise the team professionally and help it's onfield performance they will have only themselves to blame.

National Flag:
ScotlandScotland

Postby Bruce_ma_goose » Sat, 15 Apr 2017, 15:25

Very interesting YamahaKiwi. So do you think the SW will play all home games in Tokyo when they are in the Oz conference?

If so, this would further reduce travelling and timezone issues and might make it easier for the SW to attract top Japanese (e.g. Yamada) and non-Japanese talent to help them be more competitive.

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Postby RugbyLiebe » Sat, 15 Apr 2017, 18:01

@YamahaKiwi cheers for the clearification and the correction. To be fair I am really a bit confused about this issue and you didn't write it: who was for the inclusion of the Sunwolves? I am more than prepared to give credit to whoever was behind this smart decision.

Sorry, maybe I was just blinded by the Kiwi arrogance, you described. Don't know what happened there but the mimimi coming from there was the loudest.
Off course a great nation like NZ does have some bright guys knowing differently and better.

I am a Melbourne Rebels supporter, don't ask my why but I am. Today they won their first game this season. Go to facebook and see the Kiwi Mimimi yourself on their page. It is unbelievable disgusting what fans write about Australia and the Rebels. Don't know when this started but the whole attitude is unacceptable, but more understandable if it apparebtly became an accepted thing if the press does it as well.

I did actually write that SA mimimi'd about Singapore ;-)
How to grow rugby worldwide?
Look at the world ranking in July. Teams ranked 1-10 have to play one team from 11-20 (they don't play in a regular competition) away the next year. 11-20 play 21-30 away and so on. Yes, it really is that simple.

Postby FLIDTA RISXVA » Sat, 15 Apr 2017, 19:34

National Flag:
ZimbabweZimbabwe

Postby Sables4EVA » Sun, 16 Apr 2017, 08:31

RugbyLiebe wrote:Super Rugby is a closed shop so off course everybody assumes that you mean the Super Rugby model when you talk about Super Rugby.

Your comparision with the English league system shows that you are not really familiar how it works. Educate yourself about it, before you insult others. If I was a billionaire and I founded the AFC Rugbyliebe and started in the lowest English league I could in theory bring this club up to Premier League.

As there are no clubs in the SANZAAR area comparing those two totally different systems makes no sense.
Also a Champions league system makes absolutely no sense as you would exclude a very high number of national team players from the highest playing standard AND they can't really change teams because they play for their provinces.

You have obviously closed your mind to anything outside your own opinion so I see no further reason to continue this discussion except to say this:

I know as much about the English league system as anyone who has a love of lower level sports. The English League system for Football and rugby is actually my main point behind this discussion. Every person who wishes to play sport in the UK can get access to a club that has competitive matches. They don't have to be professional sportsmen and the people who can't play sports can be in admin with those clubs. In time they may end up transfering to biggr clubs or, as in the case of Exeter Chiefs, can break the mould and become contenders. That is my point, The sout west of the UK has now got regular top level rugby which would never have happened if the Premiership was a closed shop as was proposed a few years ago, not only that but the increase in competitive team has resulted in a semi professional 2nd division.

"If you build it they will come."

National Flag:
New ZealandNew Zealand

Postby YamahaKiwi » Sun, 16 Apr 2017, 10:07

Bruce_ma_goose wrote:Very interesting YamahaKiwi. So do you think the SW will play all home games in Tokyo when they are in the Oz conference?

If so, this would further reduce travelling and timezone issues and might make it easier for the SW to attract top Japanese (e.g. Yamada) and non-Japanese talent to help them be more competitive.

On the page prior I made that observation. Hopefully all in Japan but the RSA teams might still demand games in Singapore, but you'd think at the least most would be in Japan. If that's the case I'd like to see at least one game a year outside Tokyo.

National Flag:
New ZealandNew Zealand

Postby YamahaKiwi » Sun, 16 Apr 2017, 10:34

RugbyLiebe wrote:@YamahaKiwi cheers for the clearification and the correction. To be fair I am really a bit confused about this issue and you didn't write it: who was for the inclusion of the Sunwolves? I am more than prepared to give credit to whoever was behind this smart decision.

Sorry, maybe I was just blinded by the Kiwi arrogance, you described. Don't know what happened there but the mimimi coming from there was the loudest.
Off course a great nation like NZ does have some bright guys knowing differently and better.

I am a Melbourne Rebels supporter, don't ask my why but I am. Today they won their first game this season. Go to facebook and see the Kiwi Mimimi yourself on their page. It is unbelievable disgusting what fans write about Australia and the Rebels. Don't know when this started but the whole attitude is unacceptable, but more understandable if it apparebtly became an accepted thing if the press does it as well.

I did actually write that SA mimimi'd about Singapore ;-)

No problem bro. I just wanted to make sure the facts were correctly stated. Yes, I'd have to admit the me me me shouts are loudest from NZ. Having said that, the Kiwi teams have been largely dominant the last couple of years especially and NZ fans feel they've been hard done by, especially for the playoffs where a NZ team has had more overall points than a team from another country who got a home playoff game over the top of the NZ team. That's probably been the biggest upset for Kiwi fans. And it's understandable. And they've seen that teams from other countries haven't kept pace and are easy meat. The NZ fans want hard, close games every week. they see a competition that was formerly strong and tough, become devalued. They have some points. However I am of the opinion that that the other unions are trying to grow their game, and that takes time. Who's to say in 10 years, NZ teams will still be dominant? That's where I don't like the ignorance and arrogance. And I believe if you're a leader on the field, you should be one off the field too, and therefore promoting a progressive attitude to taking the game forward. Yet I would have to say the majority of NZ rugby fans are ignorant, and depressingly conservative.

I think the arrogance has come to the fore as the ABs and NZ teams have won so much and been dominant (though the mens 7s team is now average) for the best of a decade. I guess prolonged success breeds arrogance, especially where fans are concerned. I try to remain humble, respectful towards other teams, open to new ideas and progression of the sport, and I've been happy to take other NZers down a peg when I've seem them being dickheads. So don't judge NZers by the dickheads you see on the Rebels fb page. I'm sure in German football there are plenty of the same types that post sh** on opposition pages. We all know those types exist all over the world (I remember some Americans posting stupid rascist remarks towards Japan, and Japanese on fb after their womens soccer team beat Japan in the last Womens Football WC final). I would stress the players are different. I took the same plane up to Tokyo as the Canes team, and the players were very down to earth, normal guys, which is a delight when you see all the prima donnas in some other sports like football etc.

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Postby RugbyLiebe » Tue, 18 Apr 2017, 07:26

Sables4EVA wrote:
You have obviously closed your mind to anything outside your own opinion so I see no further reason to continue this discussion except to say this:

I know as much about the English league system as anyone who has a love of lower level sports. The English League system for Football and rugby is actually my main point behind this discussion. Every person who wishes to play sport in the UK can get access to a club that has competitive matches. They don't have to be professional sportsmen and the people who can't play sports can be in admin with those clubs. In time they may end up transfering to biggr clubs or, as in the case of Exeter Chiefs, can break the mould and become contenders. That is my point, The sout west of the UK has now got regular top level rugby which would never have happened if the Premiership was a closed shop as was proposed a few years ago, not only that but the increase in competitive team has resulted in a semi professional 2nd division.

"If you build it they will come."

We agree on that, bar your unnecessary insulting. The English system (or better the European system in nearly every sport) both in soccer and in rugby allow clubs to get promoted from the bottom to the top. Good.

So what the hell does this have to do with the reality of Super Rugby, which is a franchise or province system?

You try to suggest a system for clubs for a franchise system. Would you allow everyone to start the club/franchise they want? That's what the Euro system actually does. I am not saying that to change to a 100% club system doesn't have its charm, but it would mean a 100% breakdown to everything that ever happened in Southern Hemisphere pro-rugby.

I mean look at NZ: clubs, provinces, Super Rugby franchise. Your suggestion would tear down provinces and the franchise and leave it up to the clubs to battle each other for the best players. Apart from this financial aspect there is another one. The "promoted" teams to your club-"Super Rugby" would also mean that some All Blacks wouldn't play in the highest level etc.
And my "closed [...] mind" thinks that this is not really thought through for a league like and the circumstances of Super Rugby
How to grow rugby worldwide?
Look at the world ranking in July. Teams ranked 1-10 have to play one team from 11-20 (they don't play in a regular competition) away the next year. 11-20 play 21-30 away and so on. Yes, it really is that simple.

National Flag:
ZimbabweZimbabwe

Postby Sables4EVA » Tue, 18 Apr 2017, 12:36

I know the difference between franchise and club, but its ok, you are not seeing my point at all I and I don't want to "offend" you any more so I will end this here.

National Flag:
United StatesUnited States

Postby TheStroBro » Sat, 22 Apr 2017, 19:58

Watched two Super matches this morning, Evening if you're on that side of the world.

Bulls-Cheetahs

Sharks-Rebels

Solid Rugby, very fast, but that's really what I wanted to comment about. The attendance figures for Super in SA have to be in the drink because both Versfeld Field and Kings Park looked less than half full.

Postby FLIDTA RISXVA » Sun, 23 Apr 2017, 08:13

NZL betters AUS this year by 14-0
11 still to play

Postby FLIDTA RISXVA » Mon, 24 Apr 2017, 07:18

How to stop the Kiwi domination of Super Rugby

By Tony Veitch >> http://www.nzherald.co.nz/rugby/news/ar ... d=11843633

For the past two nights I've sat back in awe of two Kiwi Super Rugby sides.

The Hurricanes put 42 points on the Brumbies in one half of footy last night.

I've jumped on the Canes bandwagon big time.
No one can keep pace with them as long as their key players stay fit and healthy.

Then comes the Crusaders - 36 points against the Stormers
in one of the most staggering and ridiculous halves of footy.

So, while I was writing my match notes,
I moved onto ideas on how to make this competition a much better contest:

Here goes:

1) Reduce the points for Kiwi tries.

2) Every time a New Zealand side scores more than three tries in one half,
a player must come off for the rest of the match.

3) Limit the matches anyone with the name Barrett can play across the season.
Maybe even put the Barretts into a Super Rugby draft, therefore
allowing foreign sides to experience the pure joy of watching the Barretta run amok.

4) Limit the number of All Blacks allowed on the field at any one time for Kiwi franchises.

5) Ban Kiwi forwards from playing with the skill set of a back.
Therefore, Cody Taylor's flick pass last night to Kieran Read for that wonderful try would be penalised.

6) Finally, this is a rule I take out of the America's Cup protocols.
Kiwi sides may only hold two training sessions per week.
Any other squad gathering will be considered a breach of Super Rugby rules
and result in a loss of competition points.

I'm sure I've missed some other key changes. Help me out!

National Flag:
ScotlandScotland

Postby Bruce_ma_goose » Wed, 26 Apr 2017, 19:35

Leitch to sign with Sunwolves in the next two years.

http://www.planetrugby.com/news/leitch- ... sunwolves/

Hopefully a sign the Japanese authorities are being more serious about ensuring their top internationals play for the Sunwolves.

National Flag:
IrelandIreland

Postby dropkick » Thu, 27 Apr 2017, 09:05

FLIDTA RISXVA wrote:How to stop the Kiwi domination of Super Rugby

By Tony Veitch >> http://www.nzherald.co.nz/rugby/news/ar ... d=11843633

For the past two nights I've sat back in awe of two Kiwi Super Rugby sides.

The Hurricanes put 42 points on the Brumbies in one half of footy last night.

I've jumped on the Canes bandwagon big time.
No one can keep pace with them as long as their key players stay fit and healthy.

Then comes the Crusaders - 36 points against the Stormers
in one of the most staggering and ridiculous halves of footy.

So, while I was writing my match notes,
I moved onto ideas on how to make this competition a much better contest:

Here goes:

1) Reduce the points for Kiwi tries.

2) Every time a New Zealand side scores more than three tries in one half,
a player must come off for the rest of the match.

3) Limit the matches anyone with the name Barrett can play across the season.
Maybe even put the Barretts into a Super Rugby draft, therefore
allowing foreign sides to experience the pure joy of watching the Barretta run amok.

4) Limit the number of All Blacks allowed on the field at any one time for Kiwi franchises.

5) Ban Kiwi forwards from playing with the skill set of a back.
Therefore, Cody Taylor's flick pass last night to Kieran Read for that wonderful try would be penalised.

6) Finally, this is a rule I take out of the America's Cup protocols.
Kiwi sides may only hold two training sessions per week.
Any other squad gathering will be considered a breach of Super Rugby rules
and result in a loss of competition points.

I'm sure I've missed some other key changes. Help me out!

It's a bit condescending in its tone. If it wasn't a niche sport in Australia Mr Veitch would have too many problems to worry about.

National Flag:
New ZealandNew Zealand

Postby YamahaKiwi » Fri, 28 Apr 2017, 11:00

Yes I agree, but the Landers just put almost 60 points on one of the supposed other top teams in the competition. It's up to the competition to raise their standards and make the Kiwi fans start asking some questions about their own teams. Thank goodness the Landers weren't in that form last week otherwise they would've put in 80 against the SW. That was a vintage Landers performance, a whole higher level than they played v SW last week. No disrespect to the SW who didn't bow their heads (and were actually a bit unlucky in some respects).

Btw, during the international test period, the waratahs are going up to Japan and will play TL Champs Suntory in a friendly on June 11th.

National Flag:
ScotlandScotland

Postby Bruce_ma_goose » Sat, 29 Apr 2017, 10:33

Sunwolves getting a losing bonus point in New Zealand. Very, very impressive and better than what some Oz and SA sides could acheive. Sunwolves continuing to pleasantly surprise me.

National Flag:
United StatesUnited States

Postby TheStroBro » Sat, 29 Apr 2017, 16:16

The Cheetahs have thousands of seats covered with sponsor activation at Free State Stadium and the place isn't even half full. I don't even know how the SA franchises are even viable.
Last edited by TheStroBro on Mon, 01 May 2017, 19:49, edited 1 time in total.

Postby FLIDTA RISXVA » Sun, 30 Apr 2017, 08:12

At this point AUS 0-15 NZL (10 to play)

Because of UN-balanced schedule, *blues* sit high on LADDER en'masse:

THIS YEAR they do NOT play *blacks* whitlst *golds* and *greens* DO
Last edited by FLIDTA RISXVA on Wed, 03 May 2017, 15:01, edited 1 time in total.

National Flag:
UruguayUruguay

Postby NaBUru38 » Sun, 30 Apr 2017, 21:13

That's why all four groups get a spot in the playoffs.

Postby FLIDTA RISXVA » Sun, 07 May 2017, 08:21

SAME story :!: AUS 0-17 NZL (8 to play)

Postby FLIDTA RISXVA » Mon, 08 May 2017, 07:07

Overseas dominance: New Zealand's Super Rugby teams making history

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/rugby/news/ar ... d=11851611

New Zealand's Super Rugby sides are winning overseas at a rate never seen before.

Postby FLIDTA RISXVA » Sun, 14 May 2017, 06:58

Some minor upsets, but still the same picture :!:

Can CHF stop CRS on Fri, 19/05, KO 07.35 GMT ... in Suva FIJ :?:

National Flag:
AustraliaAustralia

Postby thatrugbyguy » Sun, 14 May 2017, 07:04

Yeah, this conference system is a joke. A team with 3 wins gets to occupy a playoff spot whilst 3 other teams with more wins miss out.

National Flag:
Great BritainGreat Britain

Postby sk 88 » Sun, 14 May 2017, 12:16

Jaguares seem to have dropped right off, judging from results only. I'm really not convinced by these faux-national teams.

PreviousNext

Return to Rugby Forum