Tier 2 & 3 Rugby Forum

Super Rugby

National Flag:
AustraliaAustralia

Re: Super Rugby

Postby Working Class Rugger » Thu, 26 Mar 2020, 05:54

Chester-Donnelly wrote:I for one like the way rugby in the Southern Hemisphere is headed. I understand the next Super Rugby season will be a 14 team single round robin regular season. Seven home games is enough to stay excited about as a supporter. Then, after a break for the July internationals, the seven team Currie Cup (3 home games). This is just the right amount of provincial rugby. Australia should have a similar competition; 4 Super Rugby teams plus Western Force, South China Tigers and Fijian Latui.
I think, these days a rugby supporter is happy to go to 10 home games and maybe an away game and an international game in a season. Less is more.

I'd actually prefer it the other way round. Domestic/regional based structures during the current window with the CC, M10 and NRC featuring Fiji and Samoa at the very least and may be the Tigers. And have SR as some kind of Cup competition post July leading into the RC. Top 2 from each competition plus the top 2 from the Top League/Japanese Pro League. Two pools of 4 playing home and awat for 6 games. Top 2 from each pool in the semi finals onward.

Previous

Return to Rugby Forum