National Flag:
SpainSpain

Re: REC R3 - Spain vs Georgia - Mar 4

Postby Armchair Fan » Sat, 04 Mar 2017, 16:39

Oh, yellow card for Zabala :(

Postby 4N » Sat, 04 Mar 2017, 16:50

20 - 10 FT

Would have been 27 if not for the disallowed try under the posts that looked good (any gifs?). Accurate enough result really.

National Flag:
SpainSpain

Postby Armchair Fan » Sat, 04 Mar 2017, 16:51

4N wrote:20 - 10 FT

Would have been 27 if not for the disallowed try under the posts that looked good (any gifs?). Accurate enough result really.

If that try hadn't been disallowed, there wouldn't have been the real first Georgian try since it was just after :D

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby GeoRugby » Sat, 04 Mar 2017, 16:54

Phew. Georgia finally wins the game 20-10. Credit to Spain for playing well. Georgia`s tactics in this game failed completely. More mauls were in order instead of spreading the ball wide all the time which didn`t work very well. Bright spots were Tkhilaishvili, Kacharava and Matiashvili. Still with so many youngsters 3 wins in 3 games is very good.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby RugbyPUBtbilisi » Sat, 04 Mar 2017, 16:59

1st half (10 - 3)
2nd half (0 - 17)

Bravo spain. Really good performance.
Matiashvili was quite good despite awful match from Lelos.

Milton must remove Tsiklauri, Lomidze and Todua and bring back Gorgadze, Svanidze and Pruidze

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby GeoRugby » Sat, 04 Mar 2017, 17:10

Forgot to mention the quality of the broadcast. Amateurish. One of the worst I have ever witnessed. Simply unacceptable.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby RugbyPUBtbilisi » Sat, 04 Mar 2017, 17:19

GeoRugby wrote:Forgot to mention the quality of the broadcast. Amateurish. One of the worst I have ever witnessed. Simply unacceptable.

Venue was also not main pitch but some training base for Spanish 2nd division football clubs.
Camera guy was terrible.
Guy who controlled score board was watching rugby for the first time:
When Spain scored a conversation after their try it was 8-3 and someone counted it as a penalty and wrote 11-3 after the good kick.

Rugby Europe must have some sort of demands from the unions like minimum capacity 5000+, normal broadcast, Normal Referees, Normal conditions of the pitch.

National Flag:
SpainSpain

Postby Armchair Fan » Sat, 04 Mar 2017, 17:24

RugbyPUBtbilisi wrote:
GeoRugby wrote:Forgot to mention the quality of the broadcast. Amateurish. One of the worst I have ever witnessed. Simply unacceptable.

Venue was also not main pitch but some training base for Spanish 2nd division football clubs.
Camera guy was terrible.
Guy who controlled score board was watching rugby for the first time:
When Spain scored a conversation after their try it was 8-3 and someone counted it as a penalty and wrote 11-3 after the good kick.

Rugby Europe must have some sort of demands from the unions like minimum capacity 5000+, normal broadcast, Normal Referees, Normal conditions of the pitch.

No, it wasn't a training base. It's the main and only stadium in Medina del Campo and they built provisional grandstands to meet Rugby Europe requirements. Final capacity was around 7,000 seats. I've been alerting you on this for weeks in both Spanish rugby topic and this one because I was sure you were going to rant...

Broadcast wasn't good but I doubt it was because they didn't knew how score works, since it's from the same crews that usually do Spanish league. A simple glitch then. And I don't know if the quality of the image was an issue on Georgian TV, it was in online broadcasting but not on Eurosport Spain.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby GeoRugby » Sat, 04 Mar 2017, 17:41

Pitch looked decent. It's not the stadium. It is the actual direction and the camera work of the broadcast. Needs a lot of improvement by someone competent.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby RugbyPUBtbilisi » Sat, 04 Mar 2017, 18:40

We must host Spain, Belgium and Russia in Kutaisi Stadium. Without any replies. It is 20K stadium and not as far from Tbilisi as Medina del Campo from Madrid.
170km on highway is 2 hour drive on a bus.

Camera crew was absolutely terrible! i remember 11 episodes when camera lost ball for 5 sec+...

National Flag:
SpainSpain

Postby Armchair Fan » Sat, 04 Mar 2017, 19:01

If we play in Madrid, you complain because it's a university pitch and you have to warm up at Bernabéu's parking lot. If we play in other city, you complain because it's far from Madrid (although Valladolid has an airport and high speed trains, and anyway you decided to camp and train in Barcelona this week...) and the pitch is small (although it was measured and received the OK two months ago).

Come on, I have huge respect for Georgia and any Spanish fan has too. But rugby has no respect in Spain and it isn't easy to find suitable stadiums, particularly in February and March when weather is worse and there are no football international windows (like there are in November). Even Valladolid when it bidded for this game wasn't going to host you at Zorrilla, but at Pepe Rojo, the usual rugby ground.

National Flag:
Great BritainGreat Britain

Postby sk 88 » Sat, 04 Mar 2017, 19:18

"particularly in February and March when weather is worse"

I was in Seville last week for the football and the weather there was perfect for rugby. 20C and light to no wind. Admittedly the basque area won't be as nice as that but Spain is a big country and plenty of doesn't really have a winter at all, let alone a bad one!

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby amz » Sat, 04 Mar 2017, 19:33

Well, in Bucharest today was weather sa in late middle April and yesterday was like in November. Seville is far south.

The pitch was fine, I don't understand what's the fuss about. As for Georgian comments, they'll make it regardless and refuse to play on better pitches (e.g. Cluj Arena few years ago).

National Flag:
SpainSpain

Postby Armchair Fan » Sat, 04 Mar 2017, 19:41

sk 88 wrote:"particularly in February and March when weather is worse"

I was in Seville last week for the football and the weather there was perfect for rugby. 20C and light to no wind. Admittedly the basque area won't be as nice as that but Spain is a big country and plenty of doesn't really have a winter at all, let alone a bad one!

I know, I live in Andalucía. But it's pretty unstable. Two weekends ago there was torrential rain all over the region and Málaga in spite of being known as "Costa del Sol" was in an emergency state. And sport facilities aren't well prepared for this kind of weather.

National Flag:
United StatesUnited States

Postby Coloradoan » Sat, 04 Mar 2017, 19:55

Armchair Fan wrote:
sk 88 wrote:"particularly in February and March when weather is worse"

I know, I live in Andalucía. But it's pretty unstable. Two weekends ago there was torrential rain all over the region and Málaga in spite of being known as "Costa del Sol" was in an emergency state. And sport facilities aren't well prepared for this kind of weather.

How about Barcelona? Any stadiums available near there? Major airport, great weather, great city. Literally nothing to complain about if there is a decent stadium.

National Flag:
SpainSpain

Postby Armchair Fan » Sat, 04 Mar 2017, 20:22

Yes, there is Montjuïc and it would be awesome... but you can't imagine the pain in the ass it would be to take a senior Spanish national team to play in a big stadium from Basque Country or Catalonia considering the current political climate.

Postby 4N » Sat, 04 Mar 2017, 20:34

Matiashvili played well, reminds me a bit of Jack Nowell. Good call by Haig & co the bring him into the side.

National Flag:
United StatesUnited States

Postby Coloradoan » Sat, 04 Mar 2017, 20:34

Armchair Fan wrote:Yes, there is Montjuïc and it would be awesome... but you can't imagine the pain in the ass it would be to take a senior Spanish national team to play in a big stadium from Basque Country or Catalonia considering the current political climate.

Ah, yes. I was in Barcelona around New Year's and it was fairly shocking to see so many of the independence flags everywhere.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby GeoRugby » Sat, 04 Mar 2017, 20:45

4N wrote:Matiashvili played well, reminds me a bit of Jack Nowell. Good call by Haig & co the bring him into the side.

He was really good in this game. Very confident for his debut, scoring his first try and couple of nice line breaks as well. I wonder if Haig selects him for next two games. I think he should, at least as a substitute.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby BigG » Sun, 05 Mar 2017, 09:54

The most of Spanish fans remained seated during the Georgian anthem. Is that a local tradition?

National Flag:
SpainSpain

Postby Armchair Fan » Sun, 05 Mar 2017, 10:19

BigG wrote:The most of Spanish fans remained seated during the Georgian anthem. Is that a local tradition?

Unfortunately it is, a disgusting one. Not only people often remain seated, but some boos can be heard. And even our own national anthem is sometimes booed for political reasons.

During Spain v Uruguay, played in Málaga, I had to ask people nearby to stand up during anthems or to stop talking during kicks (even ours!)

Postby FLIDTA RISXVA » Sun, 05 Mar 2017, 11:10

KA|GE fact-file >> http://site.rugby.ge/ka-GE/2017-FF/#SPN

1TV coverage >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFCTOZeCqTU

PIX courtesy of PhotoScrum/Revista22 - Hector Sanchez

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby datodato » Sun, 05 Mar 2017, 13:43

I have to say that I thought the pitch was great (but quite small) but the camerateam was terrible. But respect for the spanish team, they played really really well. Their backs looked sharp and the forwards carried the ball very well. The defense was also tough. I think they missed the opportunity to beat Romania to be honest, I watched the game and they did too many errors. If they can sort out the mistakes when they are 10 m from the line of the opposition they can really surprise us I guess. Next weeks game Spain vs. Germany will be a cracking match!!! Looking forward to it.

Postby ihateblazers » Mon, 06 Mar 2017, 05:32

It is quite disappointing to see rugby Europe still has bad quality broadcasting. Even the Americas rugby Championship which is only on its second year has managed to get its act together.

Previous

Return to Rugby Forum