Tier 2 & 3 Rugby Forum

RE DECIDER: 19 MARCH * ROMANIA - GEORGIA

User avatar
Posts: 348
Joined: Wed, 16 Apr 2014, 17:46
Location: Electoral Palatinate

Re: RE DECIDER: 19 MARCH * ROMANIA - GEORGIA

Postby ultravioletu » Sun, 19 Mar 2017, 19:33

zob79 wrote:There are a zillion light years between Romanian and german rugby; it's a sign of mental deficiency to ignore that.
As it is to ignore the undeniable progress shown by Germany. I've seen live the last three direct games hosted here (2009, 2015, 2017) and the Offenbach result is actually a logical consequence, or even the fulfillment of a trend. Romania admitedly had a horrible day, but it takes a good team to execute brilliantly those set-pieces that led to tries - not once, not twice, but thrice in the last 20 minutes. So it was not a fluke. And I am sure the Oaks will win next encounter by a confortable margin, but it's a sign of utter arrogance to discount Germany at this point.

Posts: 281
Joined: Thu, 28 Jul 2016, 19:33
National Flag:
ScotlandScotland

Re: RE DECIDER: 19 MARCH * ROMANIA - GEORGIA

Postby Bruce_ma_goose » Sun, 19 Mar 2017, 19:40

At least the correct message is getting out there.

http://www.planetrugby.com/news/rugby-e ... t-georgia/

This is not new to announce the winner wrong. The US commentators gave the ARC to Argentina XV instead of USA and announced the wrong winner of the domestic PRO rugby season with hilarious excitement.

User avatar
Posts: 1049
Joined: Thu, 26 Jun 2014, 05:56
Location: Zemo Vera, Tbilissi, GEORGIA

Re: RE DECIDER: 19 MARCH * ROMANIA - GEORGIA

Postby FLIDTA RISXVA » Sun, 19 Mar 2017, 19:55

Bruce_ma_goose

COULD *STANLEY CUP* BE GIVEN TO A WRONG TEAM ?

Posts: 1000
Joined: Wed, 14 Oct 2015, 13:30
National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Re: RE DECIDER: 19 MARCH * ROMANIA - GEORGIA

Postby RugbyLiebe » Sun, 19 Mar 2017, 20:22

zob79 wrote:
fullbackace wrote:
zob79 wrote:
RugbyLiebe wrote:Apart from this mess.

What a REC it was. I am a little bit subjective here, but if the 5th ranked team managed to beat the winner a competition is extremely healthy. Even if both wins were surprises or lucky or whatever.

All in all we are on a good way in Europe!


There are a zillion light years between Romanian and german rugby; it's a sign of mental deficiency to ignore that

Jesus, Calm down. You won, you're not the one who's supposed to be angry.


I find stupidity very annoying, no matter where does it come from.


Wait, did you really just tell me that I have a mental deficit, because I think that underdog wins are a good sign?
:D

Are you sure everything is alright with you? Do you need some help?
How to grow rugby worldwide?
Look at the world ranking in July. Teams ranked 1-10 have to play one team from 11-20 (they don't play in a regular competition) away the next year. 11-20 play 21-30 away and so on. Yes, it really is that simple.

Posts: 1265
Joined: Sun, 20 Apr 2014, 16:57
Location: Leicester
National Flag:
Great BritainGreat Britain

Re: RE DECIDER: 19 MARCH * ROMANIA - GEORGIA

Postby sk 88 » Sun, 19 Mar 2017, 21:03

Bruce_ma_goose wrote:At least the correct message is getting out there.

http://www.planetrugby.com/news/rugby-e ... t-georgia/

This is not new to announce the winner wrong. The US commentators gave the ARC to Argentina XV instead of USA and announced the wrong winner of the domestic PRO rugby season with hilarious excitement.



Just because others have made amateur mistakes doesn't really excuse it.

Congratulations to Romania, nice to see other teams come up alongside Georgia. Some will use it as a stick to beat Georgia with but Italy only beat Romania by about 10 points on a neutral venue in RWC2015.

And big shout out to Flidta Risxva for making sure the right team left the stadium with the trophy!

Posts: 143
Joined: Fri, 24 Apr 2015, 15:12
Location: Amsterdam
National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Re: RE DECIDER: 19 MARCH * ROMANIA - GEORGIA

Postby sandro » Sun, 19 Mar 2017, 21:07

unbelievable.

Posts: 2120
Joined: Thu, 17 Apr 2014, 02:51
Location: São Paulo
National Flag:
BrazilBrazil

Re: RE DECIDER: 19 MARCH * ROMANIA - GEORGIA

Postby victorsra » Sun, 19 Mar 2017, 21:45

ARC hasn't anounced Argentina offliacialy as champions AFAIK. They simply did not know who had won!
Brazilian Rugby News: www.portaldorugby.com.br

Posts: 1627
Joined: Wed, 16 Apr 2014, 19:00
National Flag:
United StatesUnited States

Re: RE DECIDER: 19 MARCH * ROMANIA - GEORGIA

Postby Coloradoan » Sun, 19 Mar 2017, 22:15

FLIDTA RISXVA wrote:Bruce_ma_goose

COULD *STANLEY CUP* BE GIVEN TO A WRONG TEAM ?


It's perhaps amateurish but you can't really compare a knockout tournament championship like the Stanley Cup Finals with what happened here.

Posts: 281
Joined: Thu, 28 Jul 2016, 19:33
National Flag:
ScotlandScotland

Re: RE DECIDER: 19 MARCH * ROMANIA - GEORGIA

Postby Bruce_ma_goose » Sun, 19 Mar 2017, 22:34

victorsra wrote:ARC hasn't anounced Argentina offliacialy as champions AFAIK. They simply did not know who had won!


The ARC got it right. It was just the commentators. And FR I am not excusing what happened. It was a disgrace and a real shame for the fans in the ground to be denied a full celebration.

Posts: 1083
Joined: Wed, 16 Apr 2014, 22:26
National Flag:
CanadaCanada

Re: RE DECIDER: 19 MARCH * ROMANIA - GEORGIA

Postby grande » Sun, 19 Mar 2017, 22:42

https://twitter.com/rugby_europe/status ... 1155290112

Good to see they finally fixed it, but jeeze, what a farce.

Posts: 126
Joined: Wed, 11 Jun 2014, 07:45
National Flag:
ArgentinaArgentina

Re: RE DECIDER: 19 MARCH * ROMANIA - GEORGIA

Postby carbonero » Sun, 19 Mar 2017, 23:01

Bruce_ma_goose wrote:
victorsra wrote:ARC hasn't anounced Argentina offliacialy as champions AFAIK. They simply did not know who had won!


The ARC got it right. It was just the commentators. And FR I am not excusing what happened. It was a disgrace and a real shame for the fans in the ground to be denied a full celebration.

USA Rugby’s twitter feed congratulated Argentina for the title. That’s why everybody got confused

https://twitter.com/USARugby/status/838147754857652224

User avatar
Posts: 1049
Joined: Thu, 26 Jun 2014, 05:56
Location: Zemo Vera, Tbilissi, GEORGIA

Re: RE DECIDER: 19 MARCH * ROMANIA - GEORGIA

Postby FLIDTA RISXVA » Mon, 20 Mar 2017, 06:19

Coloradoan, Bruce_ma_goose

It's MON morning here and memories bother my old head

It was around 2010 that Boks won a dead-rubber vs All Blacks, and
late Joost VDW, then a TV pundit, gave Freedom Cup to John Smit

NZL has already secured the series and
there was a confusion at pitch-side presentation

User avatar
Posts: 1049
Joined: Thu, 26 Jun 2014, 05:56
Location: Zemo Vera, Tbilissi, GEORGIA

Re: RE DECIDER: 19 MARCH * ROMANIA - GEORGIA

Postby FLIDTA RISXVA » Mon, 20 Mar 2017, 07:04

GEM & PEARL

Further to the victory of Romania 8-7 in Bucharest,
the ranking on the website has been automatically updated,
including a technical error with a huge consequence on the facts -
as the shield has been given to Georgia at the stadium.

Image

The update of the rankings on the website requires
technical assistance and will be done tomorrow.

Rugby Europe apologize a lot to the fans, the players and the unions
for the confusion around the final ranking and the trophy ceremony.

Posts: 39
Joined: Wed, 15 Mar 2017, 09:56
National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Re: RE DECIDER: 19 MARCH * ROMANIA - GEORGIA

Postby Bogdan_DC » Mon, 20 Mar 2017, 07:10

Come on guys, give us a break...We don't care at all about REC cup, our eyes stays on the Webb Ellis thing!
I have few scenarios about this thing:
1: Morariu is Machiavelli in disguise, he just planned everything with the Romanians players, after we destroyed Georgia by +1pt (we can beat them by at least 30 points but we decided to heart break them to only one) he just want to have a laugh about Georgians an give/take the trophy in a matter of hours.
2:Morariu is a marketing genius. How to put REC trophy (lets face it, nobody care about this trophy in the world) alongside Oscars & Miss World Competition?That was a huge hit,how creative!
3. Rugby Europe people just want to set a standard in how amateurish&fool you can be.Romanian union just joined them because they don't have a f_king clue about the rules.
I fancy with the first scenario but the common sense is telling me that 3rd is true.

About the game: first half was pretty good standard but second was awful.One of the worst between this two countries.Don't blame the kickers this time (but only this time!) the wind was really strange on the stadium.Congrats to both teams for their dedication!

Posts: 1000
Joined: Wed, 14 Oct 2015, 13:30
National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Re: RE DECIDER: 19 MARCH * ROMANIA - GEORGIA

Postby RugbyLiebe » Mon, 20 Mar 2017, 07:17

@Bogdan

you forgot the most important point.
4. he was not comfortable with the annual Antim Brawl ending directly after the game so he created a new reason for even other nations to join in. Smart man. :D
How to grow rugby worldwide?
Look at the world ranking in July. Teams ranked 1-10 have to play one team from 11-20 (they don't play in a regular competition) away the next year. 11-20 play 21-30 away and so on. Yes, it really is that simple.

Posts: 39
Joined: Wed, 15 Mar 2017, 09:56
National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Re: RE DECIDER: 19 MARCH * ROMANIA - GEORGIA

Postby Bogdan_DC » Mon, 20 Mar 2017, 07:45

@FLIDTA RISXVA you don't tell us what to do!Take the trophy to Georgia, we don't want it! We are not playing by the rules of the SYSTEM, we are a sovereign country! Morariu president of Romania!
And All Blacks&Springboks where are you hiding?When are you gonna tour Romania?Justice for Romania!

Posts: 1000
Joined: Wed, 14 Oct 2015, 13:30
National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Re: RE DECIDER: 19 MARCH * ROMANIA - GEORGIA

Postby RugbyLiebe » Mon, 20 Mar 2017, 07:54

Bogdan_DC wrote:@FLIDTA RISXVA you don't tell us what to do!Take the trophy to Georgia, we don't want it! We are not playing by the rules of the SYSTEM, we are a sovereign country! Morariu president of Romania!
And All Blacks&Springboks where are you hiding?When are you gonna tour Romania?Justice for Romania!


Good stuff that Morariu doesn't let stupid rules hinder him to show great Romanian hospitality.

Same goes for Germany. Not a shame to lose in Russia. Everybody lost in Russia, Napoleon i.e. lost in Russia, even Russians get lost in Russia if drinking too much vodka. Now that I think about it, we should tour New Zealand. Napoleon also went to an island after he lost against Russia and we all know that this was a great success as he was allowed to play the Home Nations afterwards in Belgium.
How to grow rugby worldwide?
Look at the world ranking in July. Teams ranked 1-10 have to play one team from 11-20 (they don't play in a regular competition) away the next year. 11-20 play 21-30 away and so on. Yes, it really is that simple.

Posts: 39
Joined: Wed, 15 Mar 2017, 09:56
National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Re: RE DECIDER: 19 MARCH * ROMANIA - GEORGIA

Postby Bogdan_DC » Mon, 20 Mar 2017, 09:04

Who knows how many trophies we won before but nobody tell us about them...

Posts: 852
Joined: Thu, 17 Apr 2014, 09:18
Location: Bucharest
National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Re: RE DECIDER: 19 MARCH * ROMANIA - GEORGIA

Postby amz » Mon, 20 Mar 2017, 09:12

Guys, let me remind you that there is no such thing as bad publicity!

Anyway we are stuck with each other in REC so the only thing we can do is growing this tournament and there are encouraging signs coming especially from Spain and Germany, sides which improved constantly in last years.

Applause for how gracious Georgian fans were in this defeat but I think we should keep the tradition of a brawl before Antim Cup, I haven't laugh so well before a match as I did last week!

Interesting how the traveling British fans with Eggchasers enjoyed Bucharest and the match, I hear many of the saying after this experience that they should try Tbilisi next year.

About the incident with the trophy, I think the original intention of REC was to play with the same rules as 6N but they forgot to update the manual :lol: I feel that having H2H method is a bit unfair since one team will have the home ground advantage but if all unions agree to keep this as opposed to 6N rules than so be it, we don't need to replicate everything they do.

Posts: 1000
Joined: Wed, 14 Oct 2015, 13:30
National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Re: RE DECIDER: 19 MARCH * ROMANIA - GEORGIA

Postby RugbyLiebe » Mon, 20 Mar 2017, 09:38

amz wrote:About the incident with the trophy, I think the original intention of REC was to play with the same rules as 6N but they forgot to update the manual :lol: I feel that having H2H method is a bit unfair since one team will have the home ground advantage but if all unions agree to keep this as opposed to 6N rules than so be it, we don't need to replicate everything they do.


Also the 6N didn't know nothing about this and changed the rules themselve to become more like Rugby Europe with bonus points for 4 tries. But Rugby Europe had already moved on. As said before "Laser ist future". And laser also stands for "lets amaze someone - European Rugby". And really we are all amazed. :D

Thanks for the great brawl and the great REC. It was a pleasure!
How to grow rugby worldwide?
Look at the world ranking in July. Teams ranked 1-10 have to play one team from 11-20 (they don't play in a regular competition) away the next year. 11-20 play 21-30 away and so on. Yes, it really is that simple.

Posts: 852
Joined: Thu, 17 Apr 2014, 09:18
Location: Bucharest
National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Re: RE DECIDER: 19 MARCH * ROMANIA - GEORGIA

Postby amz » Mon, 20 Mar 2017, 09:48

RugbyLiebe wrote:Also the 6N didn't know nothing about this and changed the rules themselve to become more like Rugby Europe with bonus points for 4 tries. But Rugby Europe had already moved on. As said before "Laser ist future". And laser also stands for "lets amaze someone - European Rugby". And really we are all amazed. :D

Thanks for the great brawl and the great REC. It was a pleasure!


Surely getting beaten in Germany than winning the tournament and award the trophy by mistake cause a lot of amazement but who cares, it was a good REC after all and I think the one from next year will be even more interesting. :thumbup:

Posts: 16
Joined: Sun, 19 Feb 2017, 18:10
National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Re: RE DECIDER: 19 MARCH * ROMANIA - GEORGIA

Postby BigG » Mon, 20 Mar 2017, 11:46

About the incident with the trophy, I think the original intention of REC was to play with the same rules as 6N but they forgot to update the manual :lol: [/quote]

Agree, that they forgot to update it. In other words they do not know the rules and procedures. They even do not care. Shameful. It is a clear example how useless and incompetent is REC.
The game did not impress me. Both teams played 19th century rugby, but in any case Georgia did not deserve a win.

Posts: 281
Joined: Thu, 28 Jul 2016, 19:33
National Flag:
ScotlandScotland

Re: RE DECIDER: 19 MARCH * ROMANIA - GEORGIA

Postby Bruce_ma_goose » Mon, 20 Mar 2017, 12:15

carbonero wrote:
Bruce_ma_goose wrote:
victorsra wrote:ARC hasn't anounced Argentina offliacialy as champions AFAIK. They simply did not know who had won!


The ARC got it right. It was just the commentators. And FR I am not excusing what happened. It was a disgrace and a real shame for the fans in the ground to be denied a full celebration.

USA Rugby’s twitter feed congratulated Argentina for the title. That’s why everybody got confused

https://twitter.com/USARugby/status/838147754857652224


Haha, hilarious. They must have listened to the amusing US commentator Dan Power call the result for Argentina. I would usually say this is the pitfall of complicated bonus point systems, but that wasn't the cause of the issue with the REC.

Posts: 852
Joined: Thu, 17 Apr 2014, 09:18
Location: Bucharest
National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Re: RE DECIDER: 19 MARCH * ROMANIA - GEORGIA

Postby amz » Mon, 20 Mar 2017, 12:25

BigG wrote:Agree, that they forgot to update it. In other words they do not know the rules and procedures. They even do not care. Shameful. It is a clear example how useless and incompetent is REC.
The game did not impress me. Both teams played 19th century rugby, but in any case Georgia did not deserve a win.


You guys seem more upset than Romanians, why? These things may happen, good that they did corrected the mistake immediately.

User avatar
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun, 03 Jul 2016, 10:32
Location: Lelo's Stronghold
National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Re: RE DECIDER: 19 MARCH * ROMANIA - GEORGIA

Postby SHIZZZO » Mon, 20 Mar 2017, 12:54

I was pissed at the yesterdays' performance, we deserved to loose and the team that wanted to win more got it. Congrats to Romania, hopefully lessons learned by our coaching team. But the rugby played by both teams was horrible, no place for us in 6N if we continue to play in this manner. See you in Tbilisi next year! :)
You are terminated!

PreviousNext

Return to Rugby Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 6 guests