Re: REC Day 5 March 19th Russia - Germany

Postby Vova12 » Sun, 19 Mar 2017, 12:27

Russia - two try in the minority. :twisted:

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Postby RugbyLiebe » Sun, 19 Mar 2017, 12:38

Vova12 wrote:Russia - two try in the minority. :twisted:

New technique passing the ball forward with your fist is legal. Good to know ;-)
(Not that it would've made any difference.)
How to grow rugby worldwide?
Look at the world ranking in July. Teams ranked 1-10 have to play one team from 11-20 (they don't play in a regular competition) away the next year. 11-20 play 21-30 away and so on. Yes, it really is that simple.

National Flag:
ScotlandScotland

Postby Bruce_ma_goose » Sun, 19 Mar 2017, 12:39

That should be the match for certain now. Russia could really do with keeping the bonus point to stand any realistic chance of getting to the repechage next year.

National Flag:
AustraliaAustralia

Postby thatrugbyguy » Sun, 19 Mar 2017, 12:40

Looks like the Russians have this one. Unless a miracle happens next year it's going to be either Romania or Spain qualifying directly or through the Oceania playoff.

Postby 4N » Sun, 19 Mar 2017, 12:46

Impressive stuff from the Russians, really bullying Germany now. Their pack can get better with the addition of Ostrikov, Sergeev Jr (maybe even Boukerou) too.

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby Vova12 » Sun, 19 Mar 2017, 12:48

thatrugbyguy wrote:Looks like the Russians have this one. Unless a miracle happens next year it's going to be either Romania or Spain qualifying directly or through the Oceania playoff.

Perhaps I will believe in a miracle ... 8-)

National Flag:
ScotlandScotland

Postby Bruce_ma_goose » Sun, 19 Mar 2017, 12:56

A very entertaining game with some good quality (excluding the very poor lineouts). 52-25 to Russia.

Germany are realistically out of RWC contention with having to play Spain and Romania away from home next year. But this has been a decent tournament for them and they played fantastic in the last couple of minutes to work that consolation try.

I started the tournament confused about the Russian national team, and now I end it even more confused. How can the same side that almost lost to Belgium, did nothing against Spain and was smashed at home by Romania, then turn around and play well in Tblisi, then it sounds like change almost their entire starting XV and produce a similarly strong performance against Germany?

It is infuriating!

National Flag:
ArgentinaArgentina

Postby argie » Sun, 19 Mar 2017, 12:56

52-25 for Russia.

National Flag:
KenyaKenya

Postby Neptune » Sun, 19 Mar 2017, 13:01

Bruce_ma_goose wrote:A very entertaining game with some good quality (excluding the very poor lineouts). 52-25 to Russia.

Germany are realistically out of RWC contention with having to play Spain and Romania away from home next year. But this has been a decent tournament for them and they played fantastic in the last couple of minutes to work that consolation try.

I started the tournament confused about the Russian national team, and now I end it even more confused. How can the same side that almost lost to Belgium, did nothing against Spain and was smashed at home by Romania, then turn around and play well in Tblisi, then it sounds like change almost their entire starting XV and produce a similarly strong performance against Germany?

It is infuriating!

I wouldn't rule out Germany though. They are fighters those Germans. There is still round 2 in 2018.

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby Vova12 » Sun, 19 Mar 2017, 13:06

Neptune wrote:
I wouldn't rule out Germany though. They are fighters those Germans. There is still round 2 in 2018.

The Germans are greatly adding, but I think their main feats in the next tournament.

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby Vova12 » Sun, 19 Mar 2017, 13:10

Bruce_ma_goose wrote:A very entertaining game with some good quality (excluding the very poor lineouts). 52-25 to Russia.

It is infuriating!

Russia traditionally plays more strongy 4 and 5 matches and fails the first three games.

Very inconvenent time of the tournament due to the lack of game practice.

And when the team picks up the game form the tournament ends ...

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby Vova12 » Sun, 19 Mar 2017, 13:16

Last edited by Vova12 on Sun, 19 Mar 2017, 15:40, edited 1 time in total.

National Flag:
AlbaniaAlbania

Postby Zhenya_Zima » Sun, 19 Mar 2017, 13:20

Bruce_ma_goose wrote:First yellow card was for a late tackle (a bit of a harsh decision I think). Second one for the fullback (Kushnarov?) was for a deliberate knock on (a correct decision). This is going down to the wire!

I don't know how the German fitness is so good when so many play for amateur clubs. Also, is it normal for the Russian fullback to play there? I always see him playing fly half.

Gaisin and Kushnarev may wear 10 and 15, but will frequently swap positions during the game for both club and country. They (normally) seem to have an uncanny understanding of each. Gresev will also swap between 8 and 6 during a game and its stand ploy for our left and right wings to swap. I claim no idea why.

Vova12 wrote:
Neptune wrote:I wouldn't rule out Germany though. They are fighters those Germans. There is still round 2 in 2018.

The Germans are greatly adding, but I think their main feats in the next tournament.

Realistically, Germany are out of it. Strangely I think the final nail in the head for their RWC2019 will be when (if?) they win Core Status on the Sevens. As with us when we first went up, it really affected XVs as we found out who would play which form of the game (and in a couple of cases both). Like happened to us, Germany doesn't quite have the depth to deal with this unsettlement. At least yet...

thatrugbyguy wrote:Looks like the Russians have this one. Unless a miracle happens next year it's going to be either Romania or Spain qualifying directly or through the Oceania playoff.
Romania look fairly set to go through direct. Whilst we do have Spain at home, you have to think (perhaps in both cases) a lot will depend on how much of the South of France/Argentina realise they are in fact Spanish on the crucial dates.
As for Boukerou, he's been on the radar of management for a long, long time, but I doubt you'll see him in a Bears squad before any potential RWC2019 appearance. Same goes for the other two.

A lot for us now depends on managing the season better and if Pervukhin can finally decide which is more important: Enisei in Europe or Russia in another Rugby World Cup. As much as it will hit our domestic league, I'd like to see the wider first team squads have the summer off entirely. Simplikevich for example has done national team, Enisei and the Sevens and needs a break, but it's not just him (pick anyone on the field at any time v Romania). We could also do with adding the depth (which is sloooowly happening, to be fair...) through the Uruguay tournament.

National Flag:
St Pierre & MiquelonSt Pierre & Miquelon

Postby evil santa » Sun, 19 Mar 2017, 13:34

RugbyLiebe wrote:
Vova12 wrote:Russia - two try in the minority. :twisted:

New technique passing the ball forward with your fist is legal. Good to know ;-)
(Not that it would've made any difference.)

If you mean first try of second half, then you need to watch this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=box08lq9ylg

National Flag:
St Pierre & MiquelonSt Pierre & Miquelon

Postby evil santa » Sun, 19 Mar 2017, 14:04

Bruce_ma_goose wrote:First yellow card was for a late tackle (a bit of a harsh decision I think). Second one for the fullback (Kushnarov?) was for a deliberate knock on (a correct decision).

First? I think, was not for just late tackle, but not using hands in it on first place. As for second sin-bin - main ref was not going for it, but assistant ref influenced the decision.

Zhenya_Zima wrote:A lot for us now depends on managing the season better and if Pervukhin can finally decide which is more important: Enisei in Europe or Russia in another Rugby World Cup. As much as it will hit our domestic league, I'd like to see the wider first team squads have the summer off entirely. Simplikevich for example has done national team, Enisei and the Sevens and needs a break, but it's not just him (pick anyone on the field at any time v Romania). We could also do with adding the depth (which is sloooowly happening, to be fair...) through the Uruguay tournament.

I think keeping Russian clubs in European cup will need some major calendar revision, at least I do not see the point of playing two games, and then having a break for a month. And playing rugby in winter Russia, even in Sochi is not a good idea https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgHXDaeQMFw
For me it would be better to get a franchise in lower division of Currie cup.

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby STMKY » Sun, 19 Mar 2017, 14:43

Give a month of rest to all players of the Russian national team from the Enisei and Krasny Yar after the June tests. And in July, the Enisei and Krasny Yar can play mixed squards (foreigners + youth + experienced players of the second squards). For them, the main thing is to go to the playoffs.

Previous

Return to Rugby Forum