Tier 2 & 3 Rugby Forum

Let's talk about union budgets

National Flag:
St Pierre & MiquelonSt Pierre & Miquelon

Re: Let's talk about union budgets

Postby evil santa » Mon, 27 Mar 2017, 19:24

According to Pervuhin http://www.enisei-stm.ru/news/index.php?id=2414 Russian Rugby Union budget is ~€2.4-2.7 mln

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby Vova12 » Mon, 27 Mar 2017, 20:12

I have long been interested in the budget of the Rugby Federation.

In 2013 the commercial director Boev refused to name the size of the budget saying that the Federation exist at the expense of the IRB and the Russian Ministry of Sport funds and there are no other means.

And at the end of last year Losaberidze said that the Rugby Federation of Russia was actually bankrut.

http://rugger.info/news/10834

Pervukhin said that the sponsorship funds 30-35 million rubles and acording to the documents only 8 million.

Nobody answered my letter ...

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby Vova12 » Mon, 27 Mar 2017, 20:15

evil santa wrote:According to Pervuhin http://www.enisei-stm.ru/news/index.php?id=2414 Russian Rugby Union budget is ~€2.4-2.7 mln

You know the Russian language? :shock:

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby Vova12 » Mon, 27 Mar 2017, 20:20

Sables4EVA wrote:
Actually the ZRU budget is 80%spent on developement and we hope to see this program which has run for a few years now start to bear fruit.

I do not know how much money the Federation is making for the development of rugby in Russia.

I remember 2 years ago the director rugby school in Zelenograd stole 1.8 million rubles and tried to steal 4 million.

National Flag:
ZimbabweZimbabwe

Postby Sables4EVA » Tue, 28 Mar 2017, 06:26

Unfortunately corruption is a disease throughout the world.

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby Vova12 » Tue, 28 Mar 2017, 15:57

Sables4EVA wrote:Unfortunately corruption is a disease throughout the world.

Fortunately this thief could not fly to London and now cleans snow in Siberia ... 8-)

National Flag:
JapanJapan

Postby Hinato » Wed, 19 Apr 2017, 14:25

Japan Rugby Football Union (Japan): 32 000 000 $ => 64 000 000 $ (X2).

National Flag:
AustriaAustria

Postby Tintifax » Sat, 22 Apr 2017, 07:51

Austrian Federation about 200K €
Tigers Rugby, Klagenfurt, Carinthia, Austria: Website, Facebook, Ladies' Facebook, Twitter

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby Zhenya_Zima » Sat, 22 Apr 2017, 11:19

Vova12 wrote:Zhenya_Zima will be able to say more precisaly.

This is correct, although I haven't seen this year's numbers, latest 2016.

The actual official figure is...
"More than you think and less than you think"

National Flag:
KenyaKenya

Postby Neptune » Sat, 22 Apr 2017, 15:15

Kenya rugby's specific budget is unknown, although our main sponsors are betting firm SportPesa, Ministry of Sports and real estate firm Tatu City among others.

Betting firm SportPesa who are also Hull City F.C official sponsors gave out a total of Ksh 607M for a duration of 5 years.
Tatu City provides sponsorship during Test matches and will provide ksh 5M for the test between the Simbas and Germany next month.

The other sponsorships include grants from WR and government through the Sports, Arts and Culture Ministry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIWL7wO6hLY

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby Vova12 » Sun, 23 Apr 2017, 05:26

Zhenya_Zima wrote:

In 2016 the Sports Committee alokated money for the training of women and men teams for the Olympics in Rio.

In 2017 this money is not in the budget. I think the budget for 2017 is less.

National Flag:
SwitzerlandSwitzerland

Postby OMANGE » Tue, 25 Apr 2017, 07:56

Tintifax wrote:Austrian Federation about 200K €

This is not a very large budget for a union running a mens XVs & 7s, a womens 7s and a youth program. Do you have any idea how it is divided between the different segments? Is there any sponsorship?

National Flag:
AustriaAustria

Postby bonzosarmy » Sun, 07 May 2017, 10:35

OMANGE wrote:
Tintifax wrote:Austrian Federation about 200K €

This is not a very large budget for a union running a mens XVs & 7s, a womens 7s and a youth program. Do you have any idea how it is divided between the different segments? Is there any sponsorship?

No unfortunately there is no sponsorship included. In the past, unfortunately, it has not worked out too well, and a new trust base had to be worked out with the few possible partners.

Segments as follows:
1. Nationale Teams (mens XVs, 7s, womens 7s & U18) - 90K (this includes everything except trainers)
2. Personal Sports - 35K
3. Personal Union - 20K
4. Infrastructure Union & Facilieties - 20K

National Flag:
SpainSpain

Postby Armchair Fan » Fri, 30 Mar 2018, 15:32

Vova12 wrote:The budget of the Russian Rugby Federation is a military secret ))

I wrote to the Federation and asked a question but I think I will not get an answer.

I think the budget is 500,000 - 1.000000 dollars .

evil santa wrote:According to Pervuhin http://www.enisei-stm.ru/news/index.php?id=2414 Russian Rugby Union budget is ~€2.4-2.7 mln

Zhenya_Zima wrote:

7.3 M$ was the number given today by Igor Artemyev. Much much higher than you were telling us, you little liars :D
https://rugger.info/news/19367
REC 2018 never happened. Please respect my beliefs

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby BigG » Fri, 30 Mar 2018, 20:04

Italy: 44.6 M€ (2017). Amazing! Argentina+Georgia+USA (even more).
Were are results?

P.S. What if Italy plays vs. joint team of the above mentioned three countries?

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby amz » Fri, 30 Mar 2018, 20:06

Armchair Fan wrote:7.3 M$ was the number given today by Igor Artemyev. Much much higher than you were telling us, you little liars :D

Whoaa.. :shock: what did you do with so much money ? That's almost double than Romania.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby BigG » Fri, 30 Mar 2018, 20:54

Georgian RU's budget in 4 years (i.e. WC cycle)is about 40 million Lari which is approximately 13 million euro (about 4,3 million euro per year).
The amount indicated above 8 million euro in 2016 might include expenses for organization of U20 WC activities.

National Flag:
United StatesUnited States

Postby TheStroBro » Fri, 30 Mar 2018, 21:05

amz wrote:
Armchair Fan wrote:7.3 M$ was the number given today by Igor Artemyev. Much much higher than you were telling us, you little liars :D

Whoaa.. :shock: what did you do with so much money ? That's almost double than Romania.

How the heck do you guys operate that the level your are under $4MM?

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby iul » Fri, 30 Mar 2018, 21:10

TheStroBro wrote:
amz wrote:

We don't have a lot of clubs, and the pro and semi-pro clubs get money not included in FRR budget from the local authorities.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby amz » Fri, 30 Mar 2018, 21:16

iul wrote:
TheStroBro wrote:
amz wrote:

We don't have a lot of clubs, and the pro and semi-pro clubs get money not included in FRR budget from the local authorities.

not sure I got your point. Russian clubs are also pro and probably their club have public money as well. Can you word it better, please? I hope you don't claim that club's monies should be included in Union's budget (I think Boudjellal and other would have something to say about)

National Flag:
SpainSpain

Postby Armchair Fan » Fri, 30 Mar 2018, 21:18

BigG wrote:Italy: 44.6 M€ (2017). Amazing! Argentina+Georgia+USA (even more).
Were are results?

P.S. What if Italy plays vs. joint team of the above mentioned three countries?

Don't forget Italy gets more than 20 M€ just because of being part of 6 Nations. And Argentina figure is unofficial, they're probably the least transparent union in Tier 1. I'd say their budget must have been increased by Super Rugby franchise.

amz wrote:

I'm surprised by the final amount, not so much by the fact it's above Romania. They've got men and women 7s, regular training camps abroad due to weather (how many times did they travel to Turkey this season?) and x3 or x4 as many registered players as Romania, which means a lot of expense and income that doesn't necessarily translates into high performance.

They are in a similar position to ours. Registering players and clubs increases budget but implies holding tournaments and games for them too.

BigG wrote:Georgian RU's budget in 4 years (i.e. WC cycle)is about 40 million Lari which is approximately 13 million euro (about 4,3 million euro per year).
The amount indicated above 8 million euro in 2016 might include expenses for organization of U20 WC activities.

OK, I edit it, although it looks a bit tight to me.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby amz » Fri, 30 Mar 2018, 21:24

TheStroBro wrote:
amz wrote:

we don't invest too much in Sevens and Women rugby and most if not all goes into XV. Also age grades is hectic since rely only on what clubs produce and we don't have a centralized program as Georgia. Steps are made but on such money it is pretty difficult.

National Flag:
BrazilBrazil

Postby victorsra » Fri, 30 Mar 2018, 21:37

Anything about Fiji, Samoa and Tonga?
Brazilian Rugby News: www.portaldorugby.com.br

National Flag:
SpainSpain

Postby Armchair Fan » Fri, 30 Mar 2018, 21:41

amz wrote:we don't invest too much in Sevens and Women rugby and most if not all goes into XV. Also age grades is hectic since rely only on what clubs produce and we don't have a centralized program as Georgia. Steps are made but on such money it is pretty difficult.

I know the budget is tight and you basically don't care (which is respectable), but from a political and social POV it will never cease to astonish me how FRR can afford to neglect women's rugby. I mean, is there any European country where women have had so much weight in national sport than Romania?

victorsra wrote:Anything about Fiji, Samoa and Tonga?

I doubt they even know it.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby amz » Fri, 30 Mar 2018, 21:49

Armchair Fan wrote:
amz wrote:we don't invest too much in Sevens and Women rugby and most if not all goes into XV. Also age grades is hectic since rely only on what clubs produce and we don't have a centralized program as Georgia. Steps are made but on such money it is pretty difficult.

I know the budget is tight and you basically don't care (which is respectable), but from a political and social POV it will never cease to astonish me how FRR can afford to neglect women's rugby. I mean, is there any European country where women have had so much weight in national sport than Romania?

It is not perceived as a woman sport and why go to rugby? there's handball or tennis which are much more visible and much better paid. best salary of a woman handball player is EUR 22k/month, true she is the best player in the world but still, rugby cannot compete with it. we had one or two women rugby players from handball age grades but there's no point to invest in it more than university teams.in tennis 6 out of best 100 women are Romanian and this is quite a respectable figure for a country of our size...

PreviousNext

Return to Rugby Forum