Nuno Sousa Guedes GD Direito 8
Sebastião Villax CDUL 10
Vasco Fragoso Mendes GD Direito 7

National Flag:
Faroe IslandsFaroe Islands

Re: Ukraine v Portugal - April 1st Odessa

Postby Ser Podrick of Payne » Sat, 01 Apr 2017, 12:51

No stream due to "technical difficulties" :roll:

Facebook updates says Portugal lead 14 - 0 with 2 converted tries at 27 minutes.

Update: 7 - 14 at half time

National Flag:
Faroe IslandsFaroe Islands

Postby Ser Podrick of Payne » Sat, 01 Apr 2017, 13:53

Portugal had a great last 10 minutes and scored 3 more tries to win 31 - 7.

5 tries against 1 so a BP win.

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby Vova12 » Sat, 01 Apr 2017, 13:59

Nothing surprising.

Rugby in Ukraine is a competition of amaturs.

National Flag:
PortugalPortugal

Postby Wolves » Sat, 01 Apr 2017, 20:26

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby Vova12 » Sat, 01 Apr 2017, 20:52

Ukraine flies to the lower division.

The anouncer at the stadium speak russian.

Explicet violation of the law! :evil:

Mod warning: What a load of Rubbish. I just came back from my 4th trip in last 18 months to Ukraine and spoke with plenty of people in Russian. Infact most of the people I met were either of Russian or mixed descent. Keep your stupid, Russian nationalistic drivel off this forum or you will be banned permanently. You have already been banned temporarily twice. Strike three is not far away if you ignore this warning.

National Flag:
BrazilBrazil

Postby victorsra » Sat, 01 Apr 2017, 21:33

What are exactly the effects of the war on Ukraine's results?

Were there many Russian-ethnic players that now are not with the national team? Or important clubs in Donbass area?

Or the problem is lack of $ to prepare the team? (simply war's economic impact)
Brazilian Rugby News: www.portaldorugby.com.br

National Flag:
New ZealandNew Zealand

Postby YamahaKiwi » Sun, 02 Apr 2017, 02:27

No Donbass wasn't a stronghold of rugby anyway. The top two teams contributing most of the national team players were and are Olimp from Kharkiv/Kharkov and Kredo63 from Odesa/Odessa.

Things and life seem pretty normal in the cities. There's a lot of really good cafes and restaurants that are still doing good business and the people are really friendly and welcoming. I actually think in many ways it's one of the most progressive countries in Europe (widespead wifi availability , paywave use, entrepreneurialship amongst young people) and I've visited most of countries in Europe. However, talking to locals life is not easy. Many work more than one job. Some have had their hours of work cut say from 5 to 3 days a week. Many are also helped by the fact they own their own homes without mortgage and have plots for veges and fruit trees. Also young people are leaving, particularly to Poland. It's also interesting that skilled professionals like doctors are one of the lowest paid professions in Ukraine. Undoubtedly the economic situation would have had an impact on the rugby union.

When I was first in Ukraine in September 2015 (Yes I was in a hotel bar in Kharkiv following the Japan v South Africa game livescoring! :lol: ) there was a big billboard at the entrance to the freedom square (biggest in Europe) featuring the Olimp rugby team by one of the big mobile phone companies IIRC. So they may have had some corporate support at that stage. Don't know if that's the case now.

Victor, this info is from someone who has actually been to Ukraine, including a number of cities, one very close to the Russian border, and one close to the combat zone. Unlike another member who probably gets his info off RT and other Russian government organs of media.

National Flag:
New ZealandNew Zealand

Postby YamahaKiwi » Sun, 02 Apr 2017, 03:01

Vova12 wrote:Nothing surprising.

Stop being an arrogant arse. You know, I hope Russia makes it to the the RWC, just so they can get drawn v ABs, get crushed by 100 points +, and then I will say "Rugby in Russia is a competition for amateurs ;) ". If you want respect for your team and country, then offer the same respect for others.

National Flag:
BrazilBrazil

Postby victorsra » Sun, 02 Apr 2017, 03:21

No Donbass wasn't a stronghold of rugby anyway. The top two teams contributing most of the national team players were and are Olimp from Kharkiv/Kharkov and Kredo63 from Odesa/Odessa.

Things and life seem pretty normal in the cities. There's a lot of really good cafes and restaurants that are still doing good business and the people are really friendly and welcoming. I actually think in many ways it's one of the most progressive countries in Europe (widespead wifi availability , paywave use, entrepreneurialship amongst young people) and I've visited most of countries in Europe. However, talking to locals life is not easy. Many work more than one job. Some have had their hours of work cut say from 5 to 3 days a week. Many are also helped by the fact they own their own homes without mortgage and have plots for veges and fruit trees. Also young people are leaving, particularly to Poland. It's also interesting that skilled professionals like doctors are one of the lowest paid professions in Ukraine. Undoubtedly the economic situation would have had an impact on the rugby union.

When I was first in Ukraine in September 2015 (Yes I was in a hotel bar in Kharkiv following the Japan v South Africa game livescoring! :lol: ) there was a big billboard at the entrance to the freedom square (biggest in Europe) featuring the Olimp rugby team by one of the big mobile phone companies IIRC. So they may have had some corporate support at that stage. Don't know if that's the case now.

Victor, this info is from someone who has actually been to Ukraine, including a number of cities, one very close to the Russian border, and one close to the combat zone. Unlike another member who probably gets his info off RT and other Russian government organs of media.

Thanks, YK!

Interesting that Odesa is a stronghold. Maybe some Romanian influence in its early years?

Probably this decline is really a reflex of short $ now. More countries are developing high performance systems, even if amateur systems but with professonal approach, and this is demanding more resources even in RE Trophy...
Brazilian Rugby News: www.portaldorugby.com.br

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby Vova12 » Sun, 02 Apr 2017, 04:52

YamahaKiwi wrote:

Stop being an arrogant arse. You know, I hope Russia makes it to the the RWC, just so they can get drawn v ABs, get crushed by 100 points +, and then I will say "Rugby in Russia is a competition for amateurs ;) ". If you want respect for your team and country, then offer the same respect for others.

I write what I think is necessary, if you do not like it then you can go in the ass with your forum.

I have enough to do in real life.

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby Vova12 » Sun, 02 Apr 2017, 05:00

Vova12 wrote:
Mod warning: What a load of Rubbish. I just came back from my 4th trip in last 18 months to Ukraine and spoke with plenty of people in Russian. Infact most of the people I met were either of Russian or mixed descent. Keep your stupid, Russian nationalistic drivel off this forum or you will be banned permanently. You have already been banned temporarily twice. Strike three is not far away if you ignore this warning.

My chatter does not kill anyone, unlike your new friends.

Pleasant pastime!

National Flag:
New ZealandNew Zealand

Postby YamahaKiwi » Sun, 02 Apr 2017, 08:14

Vova12 wrote:
YamahaKiwi wrote:

I write what I think is necessary, if you do not like it then you can go in the ass with your forum.

I have enough to do in real life.

If you had enough to do in real life, you wouldn't make cheap shot comments about other countries NEEDLESSLY. No other posters have made the same cheap shot comments about Russia without being antagonized by you in the first place. Why? Probably because they have better things to do with their life than spouting anti-Russia rhetoric. They're on here to talk rugby. If they want to talk politics they do it in the other, non-rugby part of the forum. None of your Russian colleagues on here indulge in the same BS as you. So I am just asking you to have the same respect for others as you want to have for yourself. I'm asking you to behave like a true rugby fan. Is that so hard?

National Flag:
New ZealandNew Zealand

Postby YamahaKiwi » Sun, 02 Apr 2017, 09:04

victorsra wrote:

Thanks, YK!

Interesting that Odesa is a stronghold. Maybe some Romanian influence in its early years?

Probably this decline is really a reflex of short $ now. More countries are developing high performance systems, even if amateur systems but with professonal approach, and this is demanding more resources even in RE Trophy...

I'm not sure about Romania, but I'm sure I can remember a Georgian poster, maybe FR, saying that Kredo 63 had an ex-USSR or Georgia player as their coach. Or maybe that was the Ukraine national team coach. sorry, my memory is a little fuzzy on the exact details.

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby Vova12 » Sun, 02 Apr 2017, 09:57

YamahaKiwi wrote:If you had enough to do in real life, you wouldn't make cheap shot comments about other countries NEEDLESSLY. No other posters have made the same cheap shot comments about Russia without being antagonized by you in the first place. Why? Probably because they have better things to do with their life than spouting anti-Russia rhetoric. They're on here to talk rugby. If they want to talk politics they do it in the other, non-rugby part of the forum. None of your Russian colleagues on here indulge in the same BS as you. So I am just asking you to have the same respect for others as you want to have for yourself. I'm asking you to behave like a true rugby fan. Is that so hard?

I wrote that the modern rugby in Ukraine - amateur!

Is this an insult to the country?

Lets talk until you banned me.

National Flag:
New ZealandNew Zealand

Postby YamahaKiwi » Sun, 02 Apr 2017, 10:55

It was a cheap shot comment and you know it. There was no need for you to say that. Neither I, nor others have taken the same cheap shots against Russian rugby. Infact we very much want it to succeed, as with all countries. It's one thing to criticize a national team, or club, or player. That's normal. Heck, I do it with the teams I support all the time. But you just trashed a country's rugby, knowing it's got issues. I'm sorry but that just came across to me as harsh and negative. Needless. You didn't have to write it, but yet you still did.

You also tried to start off a sh**fight by talking about the Russian speaking admin at the ground for the game. Again no one antagonized you. No one threw sh** at you. You just tried to sow the seeds of argument and hatred with a cheap shot one off comment that had NOTHING to do with the rugby and was totally uncalled for. When I, or others talk about Russian rugby we talk about the RUGBY. We don't throw sh** about Russia even if we aren't well-disposed towards Russia (personally I have been to Russia once and had a great time there). Why? Because we want to know about Russian RUGBY. We're not interested in having a sh**fight over Russia. I would prefer it if you had the same attitude, and not one that is needlessly antagonistic to others. You don't see me going around making antagonistic comments about other countries without provocation do you? Did any Ukrainian on this thread, or on the rugby forum make an unprovoked cheap shot comment about Russia? No. So there's no need for you to do the same.

As I've said to you, I value your contribution, especially when it comes to the Russian rugby scene. I don't want to ban anyone. But again no one else on this forum makes needless, uncalled for cheap shot comments about other countries, that often have nothing to do with rugby at all. I'm merely asking you to have the same respect and cut out those comments. Then you will be welcome to stay on the forum for as long as you like.

Is that not a fair request? If I saw some poster from another country also making unprovoked non-rugby cheap shot comments about Russia they would be getting the same warning. You can believe me on that.

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby Vova12 » Sun, 02 Apr 2017, 11:04

In Russia too rugby is mostly amateur.

This is not an insult but a statement of fact!

National Flag:
New ZealandNew Zealand

Postby YamahaKiwi » Sun, 02 Apr 2017, 11:07

Ok, on the amateurs I'll take your word for it that I misread the tone of your post. The other statement was still a provocation, but let's leave it there and move on....in a positive attitude, shall we?

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby Vova12 » Sun, 02 Apr 2017, 11:08

National Flag:
New ZealandNew Zealand

Postby YamahaKiwi » Sun, 02 Apr 2017, 11:09

Are you referring to me (a moderator) or the actual admin?

I don't know about the admin but I have studied a bit and can speak at an admittedly fairly basic level, and I can read and write the Cyrillic alphabet.

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby Vova12 » Sun, 02 Apr 2017, 11:12

Yes, Ukraine harasing russian language.

I can give you a million examples.

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby Vova12 » Sun, 02 Apr 2017, 11:14

YamahaKiwi wrote:Are you referring to me (a moderator) or the actual admin?

I don't know about the admin but I have studied a bit and can speak at an admittedly fairly basic level, and I can read and write the Cyrillic alphabet.

NAB ?

National Flag:
New ZealandNew Zealand

Postby YamahaKiwi » Sun, 02 Apr 2017, 11:22

As I've said, this is a RUGBY forum and I'm not going to have a political discussion about Ukraine with you, or anyone else on this thread.

As I've also said, almost all the people I've met in Ukraine have been of Russian, or mixed descent, and every conversation I've had was in English, or with some Russian thrown in, or with interpreting in Russian, and in public spaces. Not once was the person I was meeting who was speaking in Russian subjected to any harassment whatsoever. And this includes staff at restaurants, hotels etc who spoke in Russian, as I was mainly in the east of the country (Mariupol, Sumy, Kyiv, Poltava and Kharkiv). You are welcome to believe what you want. I just know I'll keep on going off my own, actual experiences in Ukraine.

Now let's move on with the rugby shall we?

Anymore political discourse or sh**throwing and I will delete your post and lock this thread. That is non-negotiable. As I said, let's stick to the rugby. Got it?

Return to Rugby Forum