Tier 2 & 3 Rugby Forum

Rugby Europe Development Cup - May 2017

National Flag:
BrazilBrazil

Rugby Europe Development Cup - May 2017

Postby victorsra » Sat, 08 Apr 2017, 16:01

The Development Cup fixtures are in page 4 of Rugby Europe's calendar http://www.rugbyeurope.eu/competitions/ ... xt_match=1

Canalina included it in his calendar: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1082&start=225

According to it, Montengro will host Bulgaria and Slovakia from May 14th to 20th. This means Belarus is out and Greece will not return this year. I guess Belarus absence is because of local ongoing protests + lack of money?

With Turkey forfeiting I believe there won't be any other team relegated from Conference 2, right?

Also in that crazy calendar there are Monaco (back from the dead) matches included. But I supose it is just some sort of programming error.

I would like to see a 2018 Development Cup with 2 groups of 3, with 1 home and 1 away match for each team (or two home and away "semifinals"), with 2 teams being promoted (and 2 droping from Conference 2... and we have already 2 droping from Conference 1 to Conference 2... it is a bit bizarre to chose just the worst between both Conference 2 groups to be relegated). And it is important for these countries to play at least once at home every year.
Brazilian Rugby News: www.portaldorugby.com.br

Return to Rugby Forum