Tier 2 & 3 Rugby Forum

World Rugby U20 Championship

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Re: World Rugby U20 Championship

Postby amz » Tue, 13 Jun 2017, 18:09

That Kiwi high tackle should have been an yellow and penalty, not only a penalty...poor refing imo

French 16 was badly concussed in last minute yet nobody noticed..

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby sandro » Tue, 13 Jun 2017, 18:16

What a game and what a win!! Much better defence made the difference, Argies could not dance trough our defence like the first game. And offcourse our good old scrums and maulls really helped us!
I think Ireland in this form is not a mission impossible what a result would that be!
Like Dato mentioned 14 players from this team will be availibe next WC plus some speedy U18s really looking forward to that. And Aprasidze and Abzjandadze where just outstanding fast, looking looking for the game line and some impressive kicking! Kveseladze had a great match too what a powerhouse back!!

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby datodato » Wed, 14 Jun 2017, 06:14

4N wrote:Wasn't able to watch but well done Georgia.

I hope Kingsley Jones calls Ireland-Georgia :D

I reales hate this gut Jones. Just because he is a shit coach and always lost to Georgia he now talks us down. His coaching record for Russia and the Dragons now tells you all you need: all Talk, no Rugby. Hate him!

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby datodato » Wed, 14 Jun 2017, 06:16

Also Samoa is allready relegated because Argentinien is the host Nation next year. That may explain their performance but they Did really had bad luck losing against france and having many injured players.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby sandro » Wed, 14 Jun 2017, 08:41

The next WC is in Scotland, but still I'm sure WR will not let Argentina go down.

Postby FLIDTA RISXVA » Wed, 14 Jun 2017, 10:52

LET ME CONGRATULATE PUMITAS WITH THIS WASH-OUT WIN

OVER NOBODY :!:

National Flag:
IrelandIreland

Postby dropkick » Wed, 14 Jun 2017, 10:58

Groups for next year already taking shape.

One group is decided: South Africa, France, Georgia, Ireland.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby fullbackace » Wed, 14 Jun 2017, 11:58

dropkick wrote:Groups for next year already taking shape.

Ehh we're in the same group... :|
Don't Pray For Easy lives, Pray for enough Beer!

National Flag:
NorwayNorway

Postby vazshap » Wed, 14 Jun 2017, 13:06

dropkick wrote:Groups for next year already taking shape.

I think pool C was the most difficult pool this year. Both Africa and France showed good, profational rugby, and Argentina wasn't bad as well..

Postby FLIDTA RISXVA » Thu, 15 Jun 2017, 05:41

A BIT PROPHETIC

National Flag:
New ZealandNew Zealand

Postby Scoob » Fri, 16 Jun 2017, 20:27

What a game that Georgia Argentina game was. Some true heroes in that Georgian side. Aprasidze and Abzhandadze were brilliant. Meskhi was great,try saving tackle in the first half. Saghinadze outstanding,number 6 might be his best position,as height might count against him long term to be a world class lock. Front rowers outstanding including the subs.Spanderashvili lead the team brilliantly again.Marchaladze had a great game. The try saving tackle in the 79 min by sub Kalmakhelidze was turning point.There was still time to restart if that try happened.
That game even made the sports talk in NZL radio,how impressed they were of Georgias performance and the never ending saga of including Georgia in the 6 nations.
With lots of these players back next year,i wonder if Ireland,France or Sth Africa in this group might be within reaching distance of some wins.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby fullbackace » Fri, 16 Jun 2017, 20:57

Scoob wrote:What a game that Georgia Argentina game was. Some true heroes in that Georgian side. Aprasidze and Abzhandadze were brilliant. Meskhi was great,try saving tackle in the first half. Saghinadze outstanding,number 6 might be his best position,as height might count against him long term to be a world class lock. Front rowers outstanding including the subs.Spanderashvili lead the team brilliantly again.Marchaladze had a great game. The try saving tackle in the 79 min by sub Kalmakhelidze was turning point.There was still time to restart if that try happened.
That game even made the sports talk in NZL radio,how impressed they were of Georgias performance and the never ending saga of including Georgia in the 6 nations.
With lots of these players back next year,i wonder if Ireland,France or Sth Africa in this group might be within reaching distance of some wins.

Good thing about being tier 2 is the fact that Tier 1 teams never expect you to outplay them. if you do they are shocked and go into the panic mode which helps you even more. That's what happened to Argentines, Losing to Georgia was unthinkable and once it became thinkable they were too nervous and shocked to come back.

The bad thing is that only works once in a while. So Ireland will be more than ready. Still I'm 100% sure it will be a very interesting game.

National Flag:
NorwayNorway

Postby vazshap » Fri, 16 Jun 2017, 21:47

Well, Georgia has at least achieved their goal, and are staying in elite. Rest is just a bonus, especially for a county with less then 5 million people and when selection for U-20 team happens from maximum 70 players, and with no international game experience.. Every team on U-20 are playing some U-20 turnaments. U-20 Six Nation, Oceania Rugby U-20 championship and so on. While Georgia has none, nothing..
Whatever they do against Irland, they already made us proud! And we stand with them all the way..
Last edited by vazshap on Fri, 16 Jun 2017, 22:04, edited 1 time in total.

National Flag:
NorwayNorway

Postby vazshap » Fri, 16 Jun 2017, 21:49

fullbackace wrote:
Scoob wrote:What a game that Georgia Argentina game was. Some true heroes in that Georgian side. Aprasidze and Abzhandadze were brilliant. Meskhi was great,try saving tackle in the first half. Saghinadze outstanding,number 6 might be his best position,as height might count against him long term to be a world class lock. Front rowers outstanding including the subs.Spanderashvili lead the team brilliantly again.Marchaladze had a great game. The try saving tackle in the 79 min by sub Kalmakhelidze was turning point.There was still time to restart if that try happened.

Good thing about being tier 2 is the fact that Tier 1 teams never expect you to outplay them. if you do they are shocked and go into the panic mode which helps you even more. That's what happened to Argentines, Losing to Georgia was unthinkable and once it became thinkable they were too nervous and shocked to come back.

The bad thing is that only works once in a while. So Ireland will be more than ready. Still I'm 100% sure it will be a very interesting game.

I disagree, it's unfair to say so! If Argentina really was so shocked and paralyzed, how they managed to make last try, on last sècond?! I would give a little credit to Georgian side as well! They just played good and didn't gave Argentinian's a room to play their game..
About Irland, Georgia has already beaten this same, Irish team, on 2015 U-18 Europian championship. All Georgia nèed is to believe in theirselves, and they can get it done. But in any case, it's not right to say that Argenita lost because of their bad play, and not because of Georgians good play..

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby fullbackace » Fri, 16 Jun 2017, 22:19

vazshap wrote:
fullbackace wrote:

I disagree, it's unfair to say so! If Argentina really was so shocked and paralyzed, how they managed to make last try, on last sècond?! I would give a little credit to Georgian side as well! They just played good and didn't gave Argentinian's a room to play their game..
About Irland, Georgia has already beaten this same, Irish team, on 2015 U-18 Europian championship. All Georgia nèed is to believe in theirselves, and they can get it done. But in any case, it's not right to say that Argenita lost because of their bad play, and not because of Georgians good play..

I don't think you understood what I meant mate. I said we outplayed them and they were shocked, which is why they couldn't rally, the last try was because of our lapse in concentration

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby RugbyPUBtbilisi » Sun, 18 Jun 2017, 10:01

half time:
U20 Georgia 10 - 7 Ireland U20

National Flag:
KenyaKenya

Postby Neptune » Sun, 18 Jun 2017, 10:27

Ireland 21 - Georgia 18 (64 mins) Georgia giving the irish blokes a run for their money.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby RugbyPUBtbilisi » Sun, 18 Jun 2017, 10:55

Full time
Georgia 18 - 24 Ireland - could have been better match

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby sandro » Sun, 18 Jun 2017, 10:59

Sad loss we really could have win this match, if it were not for that sloppy first 10 minutes in thebswcond half

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby GeoRugby » Sun, 18 Jun 2017, 12:10

I missed the game, but I saw Aprasidze`s try on World Rugby website. Has to be in top 3 tries of the tournament. What talent! I`m lost for words. This guy is future superstar of World Rugby.

National Flag:
BrazilBrazil

Postby victorsra » Sun, 18 Jun 2017, 12:40

Samoa 42-53 Argentina.... my god, Los Pumitas almost went down!
Brazilian Rugby News: www.portaldorugby.com.br

National Flag:
SpainSpain

Postby Armchair Fan » Sun, 18 Jun 2017, 23:22

Nah, they had the victory in the bag and Samoa scored a couple of tries in the last five minutes.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby Bogdan_DC » Mon, 19 Jun 2017, 05:47

Nice crop of young players after this WC and yes, Aprasidze looks like a future rugby star. He is full of confidence and i think he can convert at 10 with ease if he needs to.
Number 2 from NZ i think he can make an immediate impact on senior level. What a player!

National Flag:
IrelandIreland

Postby dropkick » Mon, 19 Jun 2017, 07:59

I thought the tournament was the closest ever in terms of the teams' ability to beat each other, with the exceptions of NZ and Samoa.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe these are the 3 groups for next year.

NZ, Australia, Wales, Trophy winner
England, Scotland, Italy, Argentina
South Africa, France, Ireland, Georgia

National Flag:
BrazilBrazil

Postby victorsra » Mon, 19 Jun 2017, 12:34

Who will host the 2018 tournament?
Brazilian Rugby News: www.portaldorugby.com.br

PreviousNext

Return to Rugby Forum