Tier 2 & 3 Rugby Forum

27 May Kenia-Germany

Posts: 1401
Joined: Wed, 14 Oct 2015, 13:30
National Flag:
GermanyGermany

27 May Kenia-Germany

Postby RugbyLiebe » Tue, 16 May 2017, 12:05

German travelling squad:

Heidelberger RK: Sean Armstrong, Raynor Parkinson, Timo Vollenkemper, Kehoma Brenner, Jaco Otto, Jarrid Els, Harris Aounallah, Dale Garner, Michael Poppmeier, Jörn Schröder
TSV Handschuhsheim: Pirmin Stöhr
Bremen 1860: Luis Ball
RG Heidelberg: Antony Dickinson
SC Frankfurt 1880: Chris Howells
FC St. Pauli: Ben Ellermann
SC Germania List: Daniel Koch
Brigdend Ravens: Jamie Murphy
NN: Marcel Coetzee, Samy Füchsel
La Rochelle: Erik Marks
Castres: Damien Tussac
RC Straßburg: Tim Menzel, Mikael Tyumenev
Chambery: Julius Nostadt
Colomiers: Christopher Hilsenbeck
False Bay: Dasch Barber
Tarbes Pyrénées Rugby: Mathieu Ducau
SU Agen: Felicien Vergnon
NWU Pukke:Marcel Henn

On call: Sebastian Robl (SC Neuenheim), Felix Lammers (Heidelberger RK), Mark Sztyndera (SC Frankfurt 1880)
How to grow rugby worldwide?
Look at the world ranking in July. Teams ranked 1-10 have to play one team from 11-20 (they don't play in a regular competition) away the next year. 11-20 play 21-30 away and so on. Yes, it really is that simple.

Posts: 1401
Joined: Wed, 14 Oct 2015, 13:30
National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Re: 27 May Kenia-Germany

Postby RugbyLiebe » Tue, 16 May 2017, 12:09

According to http://www.rugby-verband.de/?p=11904 a mix between old and young players. Luis Ball won't play as he's stil eligible for the U18, but apparently he's a big talent. Also two U20 players are nominated with Pirmin Stöhr and Ben Ellermann.
Tussac's appearance is again subject if he is released.
New are Felicien Vergnon a French based player and Marcel Henn a South Africa based player.

In my eyes, a stronger squad than expected.
How to grow rugby worldwide?
Look at the world ranking in July. Teams ranked 1-10 have to play one team from 11-20 (they don't play in a regular competition) away the next year. 11-20 play 21-30 away and so on. Yes, it really is that simple.

Posts: 60
Joined: Fri, 30 May 2014, 00:58
National Flag:
KenyaKenya

Re: 27 May Kenia-Germany

Postby Trendsetta » Tue, 16 May 2017, 20:20

RugbyLiebe wrote:According to http://www.rugby-verband.de/?p=11904 a mix between old and young players. Luis Ball won't play as he's stil eligible for the U18, but apparently he's a big talent. Also two U20 players are nominated with Pirmin Stöhr and Ben Ellermann.
Tussac's appearance is again subject if he is released.
New are Felicien Vergnon a French based player and Marcel Henn a South Africa based player.

In my eyes, a stronger squad than expected.


I also did not expect a stronger squad especially with the sevens team playing in the grand prix(world cup qualifier) next month and also warm up events this month. This looks like it will be a close game.

Posts: 36
Joined: Fri, 30 Oct 2015, 09:19
National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Re: 27 May Kenia-Germany

Postby cheesus » Tue, 16 May 2017, 21:25

will there be a livestream of the game?

Posts: 60
Joined: Fri, 30 May 2014, 00:58
National Flag:
KenyaKenya

Re: 27 May Kenia-Germany

Postby Trendsetta » Tue, 16 May 2017, 22:33

cheesus wrote:will there be a livestream of the game?


Yes, through the union's broadcast partner ZukuTv (Zuku Official) on facebook.
Last edited by Trendsetta on Wed, 17 May 2017, 13:25, edited 1 time in total.

Posts: 851
Joined: Thu, 15 Dec 2016, 11:18
National Flag:
KenyaKenya

Re: 27 May Kenia-Germany

Postby Neptune » Wed, 17 May 2017, 05:33

RugbyLiebe wrote:German travelling squad:

Heidelberger RK: Sean Armstrong, Raynor Parkinson, Timo Vollenkemper, Kehoma Brenner, Jaco Otto, Jarrid Els, Harris Aounallah, Dale Garner, Michael Poppmeier, Jörn Schröder
TSV Handschuhsheim: Pirmin Stöhr
Bremen 1860: Luis Ball
RG Heidelberg: Antony Dickinson
SC Frankfurt 1880: Chris Howells
FC St. Pauli: Ben Ellermann
SC Germania List: Daniel Koch
Brigdend Ravens: Jamie Murphy
NN: Marcel Coetzee, Samy Füchsel
La Rochelle: Erik Marks
Castres: Damien Tussac
RC Straßburg: Tim Menzel, Mikael Tyumenev
Chambery: Julius Nostadt
Colomiers: Christopher Hilsenbeck
False Bay: Dasch Barber
Tarbes Pyrénées Rugby: Mathieu Ducau
SU Agen: Felicien Vergnon
NWU Pukke:Marcel Henn

On call: Sebastian Robl (SC Neuenheim), Felix Lammers (Heidelberger RK), Mark Sztyndera (SC Frankfurt 1880)


Looks like a very strong squad. The scores could go any side. Raynor Parkinson stands out for me here. He is a sure kicker. Anyway, all the best to both teams :)

Posts: 36
Joined: Fri, 30 Oct 2015, 09:19
National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Re: 27 May Kenia-Germany

Postby cheesus » Wed, 17 May 2017, 07:27

Trendsetta wrote:
cheesus wrote:will there be a livestream of the game?


Yes, through the union's broadcast partner ZukuTv on facebook.



that's great!
looking forward to the game.
i think i read sean armstrong was injured by the last bundesliga game against pforzheim, so he will be missing.
but nonetheless will be a strong team for germany.

Posts: 851
Joined: Thu, 15 Dec 2016, 11:18
National Flag:
KenyaKenya

Re: 27 May Kenia-Germany

Postby Neptune » Thu, 18 May 2017, 05:16

cheesus wrote:
Trendsetta wrote:
cheesus wrote:will there be a livestream of the game?


Yes, through the union's broadcast partner ZukuTv on facebook.



that's great!
looking forward to the game.
i think i read sean armstrong was injured by the last bundesliga game against pforzheim, so he will be missing.
but nonetheless will be a strong team for germany.


I should be able to post the link here on the day of the game, so keep your wifi running mates. :) :thumbup:

Posts: 851
Joined: Thu, 15 Dec 2016, 11:18
National Flag:
KenyaKenya

Re: 27 May Kenia-Germany

Postby Neptune » Thu, 18 May 2017, 05:27

Kenya are currently in South Africa training with Super Rugby side the Stormers. The German test has been treated with all the seriousness it deserves.

http://ragahouse.com/news/item/kenya-si ... rugby-side

Posts: 247
Joined: Fri, 01 Aug 2014, 10:24
National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Re: 27 May Kenia-Germany

Postby DragonMike » Thu, 18 May 2017, 18:26

Where do the new players play?

Posts: 771
Joined: Sun, 27 Apr 2014, 03:45
Location: Australia
National Flag:
New ZealandNew Zealand

Re: 27 May Kenia-Germany

Postby RugInt » Fri, 19 May 2017, 00:02

Is there a copy of the Kenyan squad please?

Posts: 851
Joined: Thu, 15 Dec 2016, 11:18
National Flag:
KenyaKenya

Re: 27 May Kenia-Germany

Postby Neptune » Fri, 19 May 2017, 05:08

RugInt wrote:Is there a copy of the Kenyan squad please?


There is a provisional squad of 40 players, which is yet to be cut down to the final match day squad.

http://nondies.co.ke/2017/03/09/benjami ... 017-squad/

Posts: 851
Joined: Thu, 15 Dec 2016, 11:18
National Flag:
KenyaKenya

Re: 27 May Kenia-Germany

Postby Neptune » Fri, 19 May 2017, 05:13

DragonMike wrote:Where do the new players play?


what do you mean dragonmike? I don't understand your question. :)

Posts: 851
Joined: Thu, 15 Dec 2016, 11:18
National Flag:
KenyaKenya

Re: 27 May Kenia-Germany

Postby Neptune » Fri, 19 May 2017, 05:16

The game will be played at 4 P.M (E.A.T) East African Time, so it should show on German screens at exactly 3 P.M since Kenya is 1 hour ahead of Germany. ;)

Posts: 851
Joined: Thu, 15 Dec 2016, 11:18
National Flag:
KenyaKenya

Re: 27 May Kenia-Germany

Postby Neptune » Fri, 19 May 2017, 07:41

You can follow on twitter to see what people are saying about the game to come on the 27th #Simbanimoja or #KenyavsGermany :)

Posts: 125
Joined: Wed, 19 Nov 2014, 10:11
National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Re: 27 May Kenia-Germany

Postby CM » Fri, 19 May 2017, 17:31

DragonMike wrote:Where do the new players play?


Pirmin Stöhr is apparently a scrum-half.
Luis Ball plays 7 or 8, and he won't be staying in Bremen for long.
Ben Ellermann is a center.
Mathieu Ducau also seems to be a center.
Felicien Vergnong is a lock.
Marcel Henn seems to play as a lock or a flanker.

I mostly googled them, so i can't guarantee much.

User avatar
Posts: 2719
Joined: Sun, 27 Apr 2014, 11:50
National Flag:
ItalyItaly

Re: 27 May Kenia-Germany

Postby Canalina » Wed, 24 May 2017, 10:35

I hope in a kenyan win. If they want to dream to go to the World Cup they must be able to defeat Germany
And I hope the match will be streamed also outside facebook; usually the facebook streaming have troubles, at least on my pc
Maybe here, let's see in the next days http://www.zuku.co.ke/about-us/11-gener ... nt/28-live
Italian rugby news blog: http://www.rugby.it/news/

Posts: 52
Joined: Sun, 21 May 2017, 06:04
National Flag:
KenyaKenya

Re: 27 May Kenia-Germany

Postby SANE17 » Wed, 24 May 2017, 11:28

Germany Land In Nairobi Ahead Of Tatu City Series Clash:

https://www.kru.co.ke/news/germany-land ... ies-clash/

Posts: 851
Joined: Thu, 15 Dec 2016, 11:18
National Flag:
KenyaKenya

Re: 27 May Kenia-Germany

Postby Neptune » Thu, 25 May 2017, 08:24

Canalina wrote:I hope in a kenyan win. If they want to dream to go to the World Cup they must be able to defeat Germany
And I hope the match will be streamed also outside facebook; usually the facebook streaming have troubles, at least on my pc
Maybe here, let's see in the next days http://www.zuku.co.ke/about-us/11-gener ... nt/28-live


Thanks Canalina for supporting Kenya :) , anyway, the service provider zuku do have weak internet, but plans are on board to bring in Kwese sports who are more reliable, after the zuku contract expires.

Posts: 851
Joined: Thu, 15 Dec 2016, 11:18
National Flag:
KenyaKenya

Re: 27 May Kenia-Germany

Postby Neptune » Thu, 25 May 2017, 08:32

German skipper speaks ahead of Kenya Simbas and German test.

http://ragahouse.com/news/item/germany- ... yan-threat

Posts: 1324
Joined: Thu, 17 Apr 2014, 09:18
Location: Bucharest
National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Re: 27 May Kenia-Germany

Postby amz » Thu, 25 May 2017, 09:17

Is a stream expected to be available?

Posts: 851
Joined: Thu, 15 Dec 2016, 11:18
National Flag:
KenyaKenya

Re: 27 May Kenia-Germany

Postby Neptune » Thu, 25 May 2017, 09:54

amz wrote:Is a stream expected to be available?


Yes amz, im currently looking for a stream from zuku, and once they confirm it, i will post it on Saturday first thing in the morning. :)

Posts: 52
Joined: Sun, 21 May 2017, 06:04
National Flag:
KenyaKenya

Re: 27 May Kenia-Germany

Postby SANE17 » Thu, 25 May 2017, 09:55

Kenya Simbas squad to play Germany named:

Kenya Simbas
1.Moses Amusala 2.Peter Karia 3.Dennis Karani 4.Wilson Kopondo (Captain) 5.Simon Muniafu 6.Eric Kerre 7.Davies Chenge 8.Martin Owila 9.Samson Onsomu 10.Biko Adema 11.Jacob Ojee 12.Patrice Agunda 13.David Ambunya 14.Darwin Mukidza 15.Tony Onyango


Replacements
16.Bram Mayaka 17.Philip Ikambili 18.Oscar Simyu 19.Oliver Mangeni 20.George Nyambua 21.Kevin Masai 22.Leo Seje 23.Dennis Muhanji

Posts: 851
Joined: Thu, 15 Dec 2016, 11:18
National Flag:
KenyaKenya

Re: 27 May Kenia-Germany

Postby Neptune » Thu, 25 May 2017, 10:04

SANE17 wrote:Kenya Simbas squad to play Germany named:

Kenya Simbas
1.Moses Amusala 2.Peter Karia 3.Dennis Karani 4.Wilson Kopondo (Captain) 5.Simon Muniafu 6.Eric Kerre 7.Davies Chenge 8.Martin Owila 9.Samson Onsomu 10.Biko Adema 11.Jacob Ojee 12.Patrice Agunda 13.David Ambunya 14.Darwin Mukidza 15.Tony Onyango


Replacements
16.Bram Mayaka 17.Philip Ikambili 18.Oscar Simyu 19.Oliver Mangeni 20.George Nyambua 21.Kevin Masai 22.Leo Seje 23.Dennis Muhanji


Good squad, mixture of young blood plus experienced boys. Would have liked Cyprian Kuto and Joshua Chisanga to play this game, but all in all, it's a good squad.

Posts: 52
Joined: Sun, 21 May 2017, 06:04
National Flag:
KenyaKenya

Re: 27 May Kenia-Germany

Postby SANE17 » Thu, 25 May 2017, 10:35

Neptune wrote:
SANE17 wrote:Kenya Simbas squad to play Germany named:

Kenya Simbas
1.Moses Amusala 2.Peter Karia 3.Dennis Karani 4.Wilson Kopondo (Captain) 5.Simon Muniafu 6.Eric Kerre 7.Davies Chenge 8.Martin Owila 9.Samson Onsomu 10.Biko Adema 11.Jacob Ojee 12.Patrice Agunda 13.David Ambunya 14.Darwin Mukidza 15.Tony Onyango


Replacements
16.Bram Mayaka 17.Philip Ikambili 18.Oscar Simyu 19.Oliver Mangeni 20.George Nyambua 21.Kevin Masai 22.Leo Seje 23.Dennis Muhanji


Good squad, mixture of young blood plus experienced boys. Would have liked Cyprian Kuto and Joshua Chisanga to play this game, but all in all, it's a good squad.


Yeah it's a good squad. Especially the fact that all the backs (minus onsomu) have featured for Kenya 7s in the past.

Next

Return to Rugby Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Bogdan_DC, bolleje, Google [Bot], honestly_united, sammo, toulousain, vino_93, Working Class Rugger and 17 guests