Tier 2 & 3 Rugby Forum

Nations Cup in Montevideo, 10-18 june

National Flag:
FranceFrance

Re: Nations Cup in Montevideo, 10-18 june

Postby olivier » Sun, 18 Jun 2017, 20:18

Big question : Who will host Americas repechage return leg ?

National Flag:
ScotlandScotland

Postby Bruce_ma_goose » Sun, 18 Jun 2017, 22:21

Highlights Uruguay vs Spain

https://youtu.be/OBe18X0pOCM

A good 2017 for Uruguay continues. Impressive after losing to a whole bunch of lower ranked sides in 2016. Also good given that World Rugby hold up Uruguay as an example of how a union should operate.

National Flag:
SpainSpain

Postby Armchair Fan » Sun, 18 Jun 2017, 23:18

Congratulations to Los Teros!

amz wrote:It is interesting how Spain is trying to change the shape of their game plan.

It's still work in progress so I wouldn't be too worried now as a Spanish fan. They kept an eye on what is happening, they noticed Sevens doesn't bring anything to XV teams but au contraire, hurts and they try to shape their game to be more balanced.

It's work in progress for three years now and results still don't come. I didn't expect to win today and I never expected us to reach 2019 RWC, so I'm not desperate about what we've seen in Montevideo, but the general feeling from REC+WRNC is most of the player pool lacks either the skills or the physical shape to play how Santos wants. We're not ready for what 2018 should give us.

In REC we had many pros based in France and defense was brilliant, but on the attacking side it was disappointing barring the first half against Germany and the game against Belgium. In Nations Cup it was obvious physical shape couldn't be a strength with a mostly Spanish-based team, but we didn't see any light in attack.

Vova12 wrote:They had every chance to defeat Uruguay and not to rely on Vlad!

I'd say there were higher expectations on Spain's performance today in Russia than in Spain.

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby Vova12 » Mon, 19 Jun 2017, 08:02

Armchair Fan wrote:I'd say there were higher expectations on Spain's performance today in Russia than in Spain.

If the team goes on a tour from Europe to South America then it should arive at least 2 weeks before the first match, at least to have time to acclimatiz.
And since the Rugby Federations do not have the money for this and the teams from Europe suffered in the second round.

Italy , Spain and Russia in the third round looked much better than in the second. At least in defense ...

National Flag:
ItalyItaly

Postby Canalina » Mon, 19 Jun 2017, 08:06

Do you know where I could find a whole footage of Argentina v Italy? I missed the try not conceded to the italians and I'd like to see it. Highlights on youtube don't show that moment

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby STMKY » Mon, 19 Jun 2017, 08:32

Still, we need to involve Ostrikov, Sergeev and Bookerou, if we want to qualify and play at the World Cup. Otherwise, the 2nd line will be our weak link. One Elgin from the Enisei is not enough, Fedotko and Suslov are young, Garbuzov is already old. And if the injury, then there will be a complete failure.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby Bogdan_DC » Mon, 19 Jun 2017, 08:37

Spain & Russia will be difficult opponents for us next year.Really raised their level.

Russia weak points are still in 1st line & Kushnarev from my point of view. At least you don't play him at 15.But like i said before. i warn you, no more Vlad if you dont play Kushnarev at 15 against Romania :)). 2line is not great but you have good ones in 3d line who can jump and catch a ball.

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby Vova12 » Mon, 19 Jun 2017, 08:49

Bogdan_DC wrote:Spain & Russia will be difficult opponents for us next year.Really raised their level.

Russia weak points are still in 1st line & Kushnarev from my point of view. At least you don't play him at 15.But like i said before. i warn you, no more Vlad if you dont play Kushnarev at 15 against Romania :)). 2line is not great but you have good ones in 3d line who can jump and catch a ball.

Kushnarev is a mood player. He can play very well and can fail the match.
Russia in February and March will again lower its level. One hope for the playoff games in the fall.

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby Vova12 » Mon, 19 Jun 2017, 08:52

STMKY wrote:Still, we need to involve Ostrikov, Sergeev and Bookerou, if we want to qualify and play at the World Cup. Otherwise, the 2nd line will be our weak link. One Elgin from the Enisei is not enough, Fedotko and Suslov are young, Garbuzov is already old. And if the injury, then there will be a complete failure.

My opinion does not change. Rats Sergeev and Bukery in the team do not need.

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby STMKY » Mon, 19 Jun 2017, 09:18

Kushnaryov has become more stable in recent years, yet experience has affected. But Scherban plays 50 to 50. One game is normal, the next always fails. End of the 1st half and the beginning of the 2 inning he had 4 or 5 errors, which the team of the level of Romania would certainly use. Pervukhin gave him time, and it was necessary to immediately change after 1 mistake at 30-35 minute 1 half.

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby STMKY » Mon, 19 Jun 2017, 09:19

Vova12 wrote:
STMKY wrote:Still, we need to involve Ostrikov, Sergeev and Bookerou, if we want to qualify and play at the World Cup. Otherwise, the 2nd line will be our weak link. One Elgin from the Enisei is not enough, Fedotko and Suslov are young, Garbuzov is already old. And if the injury, then there will be a complete failure.

My opinion does not change. Rats Sergeev and Bukery in the team do not need.

We do not have rotation in lines 2 and 3. I am sure that sooner or later Pervukhin will return them, but why waste time and wait for injuries. It is necessary to solve this conflict as early as possible.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby Bogdan_DC » Mon, 19 Jun 2017, 09:24

STMKY wrote:Kushnaryov has become more stable in recent years, yet experience has affected. But Scherban plays 50 to 50. One game is normal, the next always fails. End of the 1st half and the beginning of the 2 inning he had 4 or 5 errors, which the team of the level of Romania would certainly use. Pervukhin gave him time, and it was necessary to immediately change after 1 mistake at 30-35 minute 1 half.

He is a confidence player, this is why i will not start him at 15. At 10 his error are not decisive. Artemyev for example he is not even fullback but still is playing better in there.Class player with great confidence in himself.

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby STMKY » Mon, 19 Jun 2017, 09:25

I wonder what will be the composition for the Nations Cup in Hong Kong in November. In addition to Papua, we will play with Hong Kong and Kenya, teams of the level of Germany. If you go completely yong lineup, then we risk losing 2 games and worsen the rating, because of what we lose the right of the home field in the repeshage on World Cup.

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby STMKY » Mon, 19 Jun 2017, 09:29

Bogdan_DC wrote:
STMKY wrote:Kushnaryov has become more stable in recent years, yet experience has affected. But Scherban plays 50 to 50. One game is normal, the next always fails. End of the 1st half and the beginning of the 2 inning he had 4 or 5 errors, which the team of the level of Romania would certainly use. Pervukhin gave him time, and it was necessary to immediately change after 1 mistake at 30-35 minute 1 half.

He is a confidence player, this is why i will not start him at 15. At 10 his error are not decisive. Artemyev for example he is not even fullback but still is playing better in there.Class player with great confidence in himself.

In Krasny Yar Artemiev generally plays 13. But they have a complete leapfrog there with positions in the back line. Coaches constantly put on different positions for back line. Ostroushko in the Kuban also plays at 13. Is not good for Natioanal team.

National Flag:
SpainSpain

Postby Armchair Fan » Mon, 19 Jun 2017, 09:45

STMKY wrote:I wonder what will be the composition for the Nations Cup in Hong Kong in November. In addition to Papua, we will play with Hong Kong and Kenya, teams of the level of Germany. If you go completely yong lineup, then we risk losing 2 games and worsen the rating, because of what we lose the right of the home field in the repeshage on World Cup.

Is repechage format confirmed? It's supposed to take place totally in November 2018, so I don't think there will be home and away playoffs.

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby STMKY » Mon, 19 Jun 2017, 10:19

Armchair Fan wrote:
STMKY wrote:I wonder what will be the composition for the Nations Cup in Hong Kong in November. In addition to Papua, we will play with Hong Kong and Kenya, teams of the level of Germany. If you go completely yong lineup, then we risk losing 2 games and worsen the rating, because of what we lose the right of the home field in the repeshage on World Cup.

Is repechage format confirmed? It's supposed to take place totally in November 2018, so I don't think there will be home and away playoffs.

Exactly, I read it in Wikipedia. There will be a 4x tournament where everyone plays against everyone. Games on the neutral field. And I was hoping that we will have the chance to play a few games in the summer in Russia
:(

National Flag:
SpainSpain

Postby Armchair Fan » Mon, 19 Jun 2017, 10:32

My bet, for a few months already, is that it will take place in Hong Kong following Cup of Nations format.

National Flag:
KenyaKenya

Postby Neptune » Mon, 19 Jun 2017, 12:33

Congratulations to Uruguay on winning the Nations cup. Good stuff.

National Flag:
KenyaKenya

Postby Neptune » Mon, 19 Jun 2017, 12:44

Armchair Fan wrote:My bet, for a few months already, is that it will take place in Hong Kong following Cup of Nations format.

That depends also on whether Hong Kong qualifies for the tournament, but the issue of a neutral ground is not bad, considering most teams get away jitters when facing a harsh crowd of the home team.

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby STMKY » Mon, 19 Jun 2017, 12:47

Armchair Fan wrote:My bet, for a few months already, is that it will take place in Hong Kong following Cup of Nations format.

But then it will not be a neutral field. In addition, they have artificial grass. Although there is a large stadium with 50,000 seats.

National Flag:
KenyaKenya

Postby Neptune » Mon, 19 Jun 2017, 13:28

STMKY wrote:

But then it will not be a neutral field. In addition, they have artificial grass. Although there is a large stadium with 50,000 seats.

Yes, the Hong Kong 7s stadium would be perfect, but that's depending on if Hong Kong qualify for the repechege.

National Flag:
UruguayUruguay

Postby NaBUru38 » Wed, 21 Jun 2017, 20:21

I couldn't attend the match, I had other events.

MrBigglesworth wrote:Uruguay should fancy their chances for the Americas #2 qualifier for the upcoming World Cup. Especially since they will more than likely be up against the Canadians for that position.

In late 2015, I would have thought it was unlikely to beat the North American runnerup. Now I think we have a very decent chance. However, it's 160 minutes of play split by a long trip, so it's unpredictable.

STMKY wrote:The Nations Cup 2018 will be in Uruguay or maybe in Russia?

June is a very bad month of the year to play an international tournament. November would be nicer.

National Flag:
AlbaniaAlbania

Postby Zhenya_Zima » Wed, 21 Jun 2017, 22:08

Speak for yourselves! June and November are awesome (erm, our try count anyone?). February/March is shithouse, however.

National Flag:
ArgentinaArgentina

Postby argie » Wed, 21 Jun 2017, 23:04

Canalina wrote:Do you know where I could find a whole footage of Argentina v Italy? I missed the try not conceded to the italians and I'd like to see it. Highlights on youtube don't show that moment

Yes it don't show that try.

And the Russia vs Namibia highlights.

National Flag:
ArgentinaArgentina

Postby argie » Wed, 21 Jun 2017, 23:15

Final stands

1- Uruguay (13 pts)
2- Russia (12)
3- Argentina XV (11)
4- Namibia (6)
5- Spain (4)