Postby 4N » Sun, 11 Jun 2017, 14:02

Egg on face tweets... Nothing quite like them

https://mobile.twitter.com/T2Rugby/stat ... 0963267585

National Flag:
CanadaCanada

Re: June 10 Canada v. Georgia

Postby Canadian_Rugger » Sun, 11 Jun 2017, 14:12

BigG wrote:Ser Podrick of Payne

British do not play in open arenas like this.

That wasn't an arena, it was uncle Bill's cornfield. I've been saying this for about ten years but the practice of playing international tests at a crap community pitch should have ended long ago.

National Flag:
CanadaCanada

Postby ruckovercdn » Sun, 11 Jun 2017, 15:42

BigG wrote:It was not rugby. Furthermore, playing under those weather conditions is extremely dangerous. I am not talking about wind, low temperature makes rugby very traumatic. We lost two players. Could be much more. That is why the game turned into kicking ping-pong. I am wondering if there are other "safe" places in Canada? Was is relevant to choose this place for the game?

It was 15 and raining. It's rugby not tennis.

Also every single stadium in the premiership is open.

National Flag:
United StatesUnited States

Postby TheStroBro » Sun, 11 Jun 2017, 17:25

BigG wrote:It was not rugby. Furthermore, playing under those weather conditions is extremely dangerous. I am not talking about wind, low temperature makes rugby very traumatic. We lost two players. Could be much more. That is why the game turned into kicking ping-pong. I am wondering if there are other "safe" places in Canada? Was is relevant to choose this place for the game?

Uh...I've played in the Snow. Argentina XVs played in the Snow against Canada during the ARC. Rugby is a man's game. The end.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby BigG » Sun, 11 Jun 2017, 18:02

TheStroBro wrote:

Uh...I've played in the Snow. Argentina XVs played in the Snow against Canada during the ARC. Rugby is a man's game. The end.

If it is good let's suggest to the World Rugby to have all tournaments in snow.

P.S. By the way women also play rugby

National Flag:

Postby TheStroBro » Sun, 11 Jun 2017, 23:02

Do you understand the expression? Our Lady Eagles are some hard MFers. Alev Kelter played DI Hockey and Soccer at U Wisconsin. Definitely a better athlete from me and harder than me. Eagle River is cold.

National Flag:
CanadaCanada

Postby ruckovercdn » Mon, 12 Jun 2017, 01:32

BigG wrote:
TheStroBro wrote:

Rugby is played in the winter is most places. The six nations, which Georgia is keen to join, is played through Feburary in open stadiums, infect there were big complaints when Wales wanted to close the top of Millenium Stadium for a game this year. I don't understand your complaints, can you name a sport outside of tennis and baseball that stops because it's a touch rainy ?

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby Bogdan_DC » Mon, 12 Jun 2017, 06:01

The weather was atrocious but i don't see how the hosts can control that.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby fullbackace » Mon, 12 Jun 2017, 06:21

ruckovercdn wrote:
BigG wrote:
TheStroBro wrote:

Rugby is played in the winter is most places. The six nations, which Georgia is keen to join, is played through Feburary in open stadiums, infect there were big complaints when Wales wanted to close the top of Millenium Stadium for a game this year. I don't understand your complaints, can you name a sport outside of tennis and baseball that stops because it's a touch rainy ?

Does it look like February mate ?

actually never mind, it prolly does where you're standing :thumbup:
Don't Pray For Easy lives, Pray for enough Beer!

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby Bogdan_DC » Mon, 12 Jun 2017, 07:02

fullbackace wrote:
ruckovercdn wrote:
BigG wrote:
TheStroBro wrote:

Does it look like February mate ?

actually never mind, it prolly does where you're standing :thumbup:

Exactly ...is June so the weather should be better so where is their fault? I must talk with the Romanian Union to make a complain about big humidity&heat from Japan. They should move the World Cup in perfect lab conditions in Tbilisi.

National Flag:
Faroe IslandsFaroe Islands

Postby Ser Podrick of Payne » Mon, 12 Jun 2017, 07:36

Bogdan_DC wrote:The weather was atrocious but i don't see how the hosts can control that.

Exactly, plus rugby was initially developed to be played in the winter of Western Europe and there is always going to be an element of luck in the conditions - unless of course you have a covered stadium. The stadium in Calgary was far from the best but it was I am sure not a typical June day in the city, just bad luck. Do we have to always assume that Test match rugby has to be played in warm sunshine with no wind with a perfect dry surface now?

Plus, international rugby has been played in some horrific conditions in the past,

see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ewq-hMcAuHQ , https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZ0hQu8CXx4

And more recently I give you the ARC 2014 game New Zealand v Argentina in Napier, where NZ showed you just get on with it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpXcOQPnR_8

National Flag:
ItalyItaly

Postby Canalina » Mon, 12 Jun 2017, 07:53

Mud rocks :thumbup:

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby sandro » Mon, 12 Jun 2017, 13:15

We should not blame the weather we have not played a good dominating game since Fiji last june. Even Samoa in november was a bad game.. we were lucky to win that one. Ok the weather is bad but where js our Georgian mentality keep the ball in hand make some carries play pick and go and dominated the game! We were not able to do that so dont blame the weather, i've seen Georgia playing better in Siberia in the winter. And lets not forget this Canadian team was far from optimal! And we could not even maull them from 5 meters serval times so common the weather is nothing more than just a factor we played horrible!

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby GeoRugby » Mon, 12 Jun 2017, 13:44

Both teams played horribly. Weather was a big factor in this. I agree about Georgian mauls though. What happened? Is it Brad Harris's fault or what? Ever since they hired him, I'm not impressed. It'll be interesting to see how they perform in much better conditions(hopefully) in the USA.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby sandro » Mon, 12 Jun 2017, 15:12

Yes both played horrible but Canada has an excuse they are the 23th in the world and there team was far from optimal! What is our excuse the weather? I wasnt expecting to see flying Georgian backs in that weather eather but why couldn't we dominate up front? That is what concerns me the most!

National Flag:

Postby TheStroBro » Mon, 12 Jun 2017, 15:51

In regards to the weather. It was going to be shit. They played in Calgary in June. I've never gone that far north but in Central Montana it snows from October to Mid July in most parts of the mountains. Calgary being 400 Miles north of Bozeman I'd expect it probably is only dry from Mid July to Mid September. I mean, that's why they held the Winter Olympics there. There's really only a few places in Canada with "Amazing" weather because of how far north it is.

National Flag:
CanadaCanada

Postby Buffalo » Mon, 12 Jun 2017, 16:11

That weather was more a Prairie storm front and less typical Calgary weather. What kind of frozen wasteland do people think we live in up here in Alberta? Edmonton and Calgary are both typically hot, dry and beautiful in the summer months. We do have some bad stretches of weather throughout but pretty much everywhere on earth does. Last weekend just happened to be one of those times. I know it went from like +26C, sunny and beautiful on Thursday to rainy/windy/storming +13C on Friday up here in Edmonton.

National Flag:
CanadaCanada

Postby ruckovercdn » Mon, 12 Jun 2017, 16:57

TheStroBro wrote:In regards to the weather. It was going to be shit. They played in Calgary in June. I've never gone that far north but in Central Montana it snows from October to Mid July in most parts of the mountains. Calgary being 400 Miles north of Bozeman I'd expect it probably is only dry from Mid July to Mid September. I mean, that's why they held the Winter Olympics there. There's really only a few places in Canada with "Amazing" weather because of how far north it is.

Snow is usually done by May, with a bit that will melt off in a day here and there. June is typically very warm with average temperatures in the 20s.

National Flag:

Postby Coloradoan » Mon, 12 Jun 2017, 17:42

TheStroBro wrote:In regards to the weather. It was going to be shit. They played in Calgary in June. I've never gone that far north but in Central Montana it snows from October to Mid July in most parts of the mountains. Calgary being 400 Miles north of Bozeman I'd expect it probably is only dry from Mid July to Mid September. I mean, that's why they held the Winter Olympics there. There's really only a few places in Canada with "Amazing" weather because of how far north it is.

They held the Winter Olympics in Calgary in the winter. Calgary also isn't in the mountains. They used to hold Churchill Cup matches in June in Edmonton, which is even further north than Calgary) and the weather was fine.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby fullbackace » Mon, 12 Jun 2017, 19:19

Bogdan_DC wrote:Exactly ...is June so the weather should be better so where is their fault? I must talk with the Romanian Union to make a complain about big humidity&heat from Japan. They should move the World Cup in perfect lab conditions in Tbilisi.

No one is blaming anyone for the weather...

Now the lack of humor is a whole another matter.

National Flag:

Postby TheStroBro » Tue, 13 Jun 2017, 04:46

Coloradoan wrote:They held the Winter Olympics in Calgary in the winter. Calgary also isn't in the mountains. They used to hold Churchill Cup matches in June in Edmonton, which is even further north than Calgary) and the weather was fine.

As far as the wind is concerned, I've played in some shit conditions in El Paso, so that wasn't much. I just find it interesting that Georgia played poor against Anscombe's B side. And we're out here bitching about "open arenas." Yes, it looked like a High School pitch. But the playing surface looked pretty good to me. That's the only thing to be concerned about to me.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby fullbackace » Tue, 13 Jun 2017, 05:18

TheStroBro wrote:
Coloradoan wrote:They held the Winter Olympics in Calgary in the winter. Calgary also isn't in the mountains. They used to hold Churchill Cup matches in June in Edmonton, which is even further north than Calgary) and the weather was fine.

As far as the wind is concerned, I've played in some shit conditions in El Paso, so that wasn't much. I just find it interesting that Georgia played poor against Anscombe's B side. And we're out here bitching about "open arenas." Yes, it looked like a High School pitch. But the playing surface looked pretty good to me. That's the only thing to be concerned about to me.

Yea, sorry mate. Americans aren't exactly reliable when evaluating climate.. :D

Seriously though, I don't think anyone is bringing weather as an excuse for Lelos terrible outing. In fact every Georgian poster is pointing out how bad our form has been since last November. And holly hell have we criticized the coaches.

I don't expect... no, I'm certain we wont be any better against the US, We'll have ton of knock ons, infringements, stupid kicks, missed Free kicks, Bekoshvili, and the Maul which was always our strength but has completely collapsed since Didier Bes left.

atop all that we have the most stubborn coaching staff who refuse to make much needed changes for god knows what reason.

P.S the weather in Canada was terrible.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby RugbyPUBtbilisi » Tue, 13 Jun 2017, 07:48

Canadians said that weather conditions is a reason why stream was so awful. But anyways not broadcasting TV signal is unspeakable.
Canada should be focused on popularizing rugby and TV is a main thing they should focus.

I hope canada is not becoming t3 country and remains as high performance T2.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby fullbackace » Tue, 13 Jun 2017, 08:34

RugbyPUBtbilisi wrote:Canadians said that weather conditions is a reason why stream was so awful. But anyways not broadcasting TV signal is unspeakable.
Canada should be focused on popularizing rugby and TV is a main thing they should focus.

Mate instead of Canada try to use "Canadian Rugby Union" or they think we hate Canada.

English isn't like Georgian, everything needs to be super specific or it might come off as rude and harsh.

I know it's annoying but English language simply isn't kind for Georgian speakers. We come off as rude or harsh even when we don't mean to ;)

That's why we get pages full of arguments even when there's nothing to argue.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby Bogdan_DC » Tue, 13 Jun 2017, 09:12

fullbackace wrote:
RugbyPUBtbilisi wrote:Canadians said that weather conditions is a reason why stream was so awful. But anyways not broadcasting TV signal is unspeakable.

Mate instead of Canada try to use "Canadian Rugby Union" or they think we hate Canada.

English isn't like Georgian, everything needs to be super specific or it might come off as rude and harsh.

I know it's annoying but English language simply isn't kind for Georgian speakers. We come off as rude or harsh even when we don't mean to ;)

That's why we get pages full of arguments even when there's nothing to argue.

Nice job twisting the words mate and that's the final word i have with you: stop being arrogant to others and you will not have pages full of arguments. :))

PreviousNext

Return to Rugby Forum