Tier 2 & 3 Rugby Forum

June 10 Canada v. Georgia

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Re: June 10 Canada v. Georgia

Postby fullbackace » Tue, 13 Jun 2017, 09:40

Bogdan_DC wrote:
fullbackace wrote:
RugbyPUBtbilisi wrote:Canadians said that weather conditions is a reason why stream was so awful. But anyways not broadcasting TV signal is unspeakable.
Canada should be focused on popularizing rugby and TV is a main thing they should focus.

I hope canada is not becoming t3 country and remains as high performance T2.

Mate instead of Canada try to use "Canadian Rugby Union" or they think we hate Canada.

English isn't like Georgian, everything needs to be super specific or it might come off as rude and harsh.

I know it's annoying but English language simply isn't kind for Georgian speakers. We come off as rude or harsh even when we don't mean to ;)

That's why we get pages full of arguments even when there's nothing to argue.

Nice job twisting the words mate and that's the final word i have with you: stop being arrogant to others and you will not have pages full of arguments. :))

What ? where do you see arrogance, and what in the world are you on about ?
Don't Pray For Easy lives, Pray for enough Beer!

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby amz » Tue, 13 Jun 2017, 09:51

Even if latest results by Canada aren't the best and form was an issue, mentioning they can become T3 is silly and shows once again the lack of basic understanding of this sport by the respective poster.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby RugbyPUBtbilisi » Tue, 13 Jun 2017, 10:59

amz wrote:Even if latest results by Canada aren't the best and form was an issue, mentioning they can become T3 is silly and shows once again the lack of basic understanding of this sport by the respective poster.

Listen you Wallachian knight and savior of undefended. Keep your "Knights Code of Chivalry" for yourself, if i insulted someone with my post they will reply me and believe me Canadians do not need wallachian defender.

Canadian guys are mentioning same thing that CRU is on the way to T3. So they also dont understand the basics "of this sport"?

Why everyone who doesnt thinks like you "lacks of basic understanding of this sport" and only one who is understanding it is the "respective poster"?

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby amz » Tue, 13 Jun 2017, 11:36

I should have quoted your first post regarding LDS, good that you changed your mind, it would have been embarassing.

@PUB: than let them say it if they think, it's their stuff, don't push yourself in front being rude. As for those knighthood references :thumbup: :lol:

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby RugbyPUBtbilisi » Tue, 13 Jun 2017, 15:32

Amz thos is FORUM as simple as it souds. People are talking on forums. So let them reply me.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby amz » Tue, 13 Jun 2017, 15:41

RugbyPUBtbilisi wrote:Amz thos is FORUM as simple as it souds. People are talking on forums. So let them reply me.

How I don't let them reply? :shock: Than, you kind of contradict yourself, this is indeed a forum and I think I can express my opinions :)

National Flag:
United StatesUnited States

Postby TheStroBro » Tue, 13 Jun 2017, 15:47

RugbyPUBtbilisi wrote:Canadians said that weather conditions is a reason why stream was so awful. But anyways not broadcasting TV signal is unspeakable.
Canada should be focused on popularizing rugby and TV is a main thing they should focus.

Why TV? I watched the stream, they did have multiple angles so they definitely weren't filming with phones. They could have definitely put microphone mufflers so we wouldn't have gotten so much of the wind. Because a Facebook live event is accessible pretty much anywhere. If anything that makes it thoroughly accessible as I'm sure not everyone is willing to pay for TSN.

National Flag:

Postby Coloradoan » Tue, 13 Jun 2017, 16:37

TheStroBro wrote:

Why TV? I watched the stream, they did have multiple angles so they definitely weren't filming with phones. They could have definitely put microphone mufflers so we wouldn't have gotten so much of the wind. Because a Facebook live event is accessible pretty much anywhere. If anything that makes it thoroughly accessible as I'm sure not everyone is willing to pay for TSN.

TV gets far more casual fans and newbies flipping through the channels interested. Facebook/Youtube are better for the hardcore fan.

National Flag:
CanadaCanada

Postby ruckovercdn » Tue, 13 Jun 2017, 17:12

Most people who have interest in sport have tsn, so it's pretty common here. This weekend's game is getting broadcast on tsn as well. Thankfully.

National Flag:
CanadaCanada

Postby rusty_lock » Tue, 13 Jun 2017, 21:24

ruckovercdn wrote:Most people who have interest in sport have tsn, so it's pretty common here. This weekend's game is getting broadcast on tsn as well. Thankfully.

You are right. TSN (all channels) is included in my basic cable package with Shaw cable in BC. Having the games on TSN is the most accessible way to promote Rugby in Canada. Anyone who doesn't have access to TSN is unlikely to be sports fan let alone a rugby fan.

National Flag:

Postby TheStroBro » Tue, 13 Jun 2017, 21:50

rusty_lock wrote:
ruckovercdn wrote:Most people who have interest in sport have tsn, so it's pretty common here. This weekend's game is getting broadcast on tsn as well. Thankfully.

You are right. TSN (all channels) is included in my basic cable package with Shaw cable in BC. Having the games on TSN is the most accessible way to promote Rugby in Canada. Anyone who doesn't have access to TSN is unlikely to be sports fan let alone a rugby fan.

I don't know how it works up where you're at. But I cut the cord down here in December when I moved. And you get a good amount of "free" programming by paying for the internet. I watch almost all of my Rugby via the ESPN App on Roku.

National Flag:
CanadaCanada

Postby marvinparsons » Tue, 13 Jun 2017, 23:02

The weather was an anomaly, June in Calgary is typically gorgeous.

The piss poor stream, commentary, venue and Canadian team were all par for the course.

I think Canada can quite easily tumble into tier 3 status. We've already lost to Brazil. I watch and follow local rugby and it is doing very badly.

I think something that is important to realize too is that concussions are far more of a concern in Canada and we are generally way more up to speed on this issue compared to Argentina, Brazil, England, NZ. Actually I'd say more so than any country on earth.

This is because we get all the reporting on American football, one of our favourite sports to watch, and also ice hockey, our favourite sport, both of which have been torn apart by concussions. A LOT of people are hesitating at playing contact sports and for good reason. We are way more up to speed on this issue than elsewhere.

Previous

Return to Rugby Forum