Tier 2 & 3 Rugby Forum

USA vs Georgia, June 17

National Flag:
United StatesUnited States

Re: USA vs Georgia, June 17

Postby Coloradoan » Sat, 17 Jun 2017, 23:07

Surprising number of Georgians at the match. Khinkali and khacapuri tailgate?

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby fullbackace » Sat, 17 Jun 2017, 23:09

Coloradoan wrote:Surprising number of Georgians at the match. Khinkali and khacapuri tailgate?

Half the NYC Georgians are down there, as well as some from Cali.
Don't Pray For Easy lives, Pray for enough Beer!

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby GeoRugby » Sun, 18 Jun 2017, 00:59

Georgia wins a difficult game 21-17.

National Flag:

Postby TheStroBro » Sun, 18 Jun 2017, 01:21

Man...we played like shit, but covered the line.

Neptune wrote:Why isn't Zach Test starting on the wing? Im beginning to get skeptical of this USA squad.

Zach will probably never play another game of Rugby in his life, suffered a head injury in the first game of the ARC that required emergency surgery. Lucky to be alive that kid.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby fullbackace » Sun, 18 Jun 2017, 01:32

Well played. We got really sloppy after that foolish yellow from the kid. he's inexperienced will get better with age. We definitely need Malaguradze back as starting 10, we just can't afford missed kicks. and it's not like Khmaladze is any better at fly half.

National Flag:

Postby Coloradoan » Sun, 18 Jun 2017, 01:39

fullbackace wrote:Well played. We got really sloppy after that foolish yellow from the kid. he's inexperienced will get better with age. We definitely need Malaguradze back as starting 10, we just can't afford missed kicks. and it's not like Khmaladze is any better at fly half.

Really think you guys should experiment with Lobzhanidze at 10 and Aprasidze at 9 in the REC. You really need to find a way to get Aprasidze on the pitch given how good his boot is. Combine that boot with the dominant Georgian scrum and you can keep the scoreboard ticking over all day. Congrats on the win.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby GeoRugby » Sun, 18 Jun 2017, 01:42

Couple of historic first away wins against Canada and the USA. Two wins out of three can count as a successful tour for Georgia. Players really do seem tired though. Tough game against Argentina next week.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby fullbackace » Sun, 18 Jun 2017, 01:46

Coloradoan wrote:
fullbackace wrote:Well played. We got really sloppy after that foolish yellow from the kid. he's inexperienced will get better with age. We definitely need Malaguradze back as starting 10, we just can't afford missed kicks. and it's not like Khmaladze is any better at fly half.

Really think you guys should experiment with Lobzhanidze at 10 and Aprasidze at 9 in the REC. You really need to find a way to get Aprasidze on the pitch given how good his boot is. Combine that boot with the dominant Georgian scrum and you can keep the scoreboard ticking over all day. Congrats on the win.

The thought has crossed my mind as well, I think Next year Aprasidze will be given time to adjust to Montpellier setup, which will leave only one year to test Aprasidze-Lobzhanidze duo, but Lobzhanidze already being an integral piece of the puzzle at 9 and Haig not being known as the riskiest of people I have my doubts.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby RugbyPUBtbilisi » Sun, 18 Jun 2017, 05:08

Bravo USA! good match.

Georgia has some serious problems! even scary to imagine what will happen vs Argentina.

National Flag:
EnglandEngland

Postby SirBurger » Sun, 18 Jun 2017, 21:56

How did Lasha Lomidze play and will he be a good signing for London Irish? I haven't seen much of him, but he looked good as an impact sub in the Autumn against Scotland and there is a good clip of him scoring a powerful try against Emerging Ireland on youtube. However, I have seen a few posts on here criticising him a little bit, so was interested to get a bit more feedback. We desperately need a powerful ball-carrier in the back row and a lot of fans are hoping he can fill that void.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby fullbackace » Sun, 18 Jun 2017, 22:39

SirBurger wrote:How did Lasha Lomidze play and will he be a good signing for London Irish? I haven't seen much of him, but he looked good as an impact sub in the Autumn against Scotland and there is a good clip of him scoring a powerful try against Emerging Ireland on youtube. However, I have seen a few posts on here criticising him a little bit, so was interested to get a bit more feedback. We desperately need a powerful ball-carrier in the back row and a lot of fans are hoping he can fill that void.

He played well, looked improved actually. Seems to be more comfortable at 6 compared to his previous position at #8. He's very strong and makes every tackle count.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby RugbyPUBtbilisi » Mon, 19 Jun 2017, 04:45

Lomidze was surprisingly good last 2 matches. Didnt make any mistakes.

I think he has improved after REC.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby Bogdan_DC » Mon, 19 Jun 2017, 09:19

Malaguradze vs Khmaladze i'll always choose the second. I know Khmaladze is back from the injury but Malaguradze at 10 in combination with Kacharava at 13 are slowing your backline, at least Kacharava is rock solid in defence in the center but i dont see any benefits from using Malaguradze.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby fullbackace » Mon, 19 Jun 2017, 20:58

Bogdan_DC wrote:Malaguradze vs Khmaladze i'll always choose the second. I know Khmaladze is back from the injury but Malaguradze at 10 in combination with Kacharava at 13 are slowing your backline, at least Kacharava is rock solid in defence in the center but i dont see any benefits from using Malaguradze.

Khmaladze before the injury maybe, but these days he's basically a flanker. Only difference between the two being Malaguradzes kicking ability.

National Flag:
EnglandEngland

Postby SirBurger » Tue, 20 Jun 2017, 07:36

Thank you for the replies on Lomidze. Glad he is playing well at the moment. Interesting that he has looked better at 6, as I think we will probably want him to play more in the 8 shirt for us, but I expect to begin with he will operate from the bench. Obviously he is still a young player and if he can follow the coaches orders, we are hopeful he can be a real weapon for us.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby fullbackace » Tue, 20 Jun 2017, 08:09

SirBurger wrote:Thank you for the replies on Lomidze. Glad he is playing well at the moment. Interesting that he has looked better at 6, as I think we will probably want him to play more in the 8 shirt for us, but I expect to begin with he will operate from the bench. Obviously he is still a young player and if he can follow the coaches orders, we are hopeful he can be a real weapon for us.

Better is an understatement, he's pretty much a different player when he plays 6. at 8 he looked like a headless chicken half the time. Although I hope he does well on both positions.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby RugbyPUBtbilisi » Tue, 20 Jun 2017, 11:56

fullbackace wrote:he looked like a headless chicken half the time. Although I hope he does well on both positions.

This is very rude. I remember him playing pretty good vs Romania in 2016 at N8. His individual attack against 3 defenders lead to try.
Lomidze's position is N8, N6, and sometimes as Lock. So he really is useful player for Georgia and will be useful for London Irish too.

He needs some british school to improve and will be descent.

Anyways insulting players is not nice.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby fullbackace » Tue, 20 Jun 2017, 21:43

RugbyPUBtbilisi wrote:
fullbackace wrote:he looked like a headless chicken half the time. Although I hope he does well on both positions.

This is very rude. I remember him playing pretty good vs Romania in 2016 at N8. His individual attack against 3 defenders lead to try.
Lomidze's position is N8, N6, and sometimes as Lock. So he really is useful player for Georgia and will be useful for London Irish too.

It's not an insult, it's an observation.

National Flag:
AfghanistanAfghanistan

Postby lelopride » Wed, 21 Jun 2017, 20:43

fullbackace wrote:
RugbyPUBtbilisi wrote:

Georgia is a small country, some of the players and coaching staff read this forum, so I personally try not to get personal on negative issues.

Its never nice to call someone a headless chicken, even though I agree with you that Lomidze has been underperforming compared to his potential.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby fullbackace » Wed, 21 Jun 2017, 21:35

lelopride wrote:
fullbackace wrote:
RugbyPUBtbilisi wrote:

Georgia is a small country, some of the players and coaching staff read this forum, so I personally try not to get personal on negative issues.

Its never nice to call someone a headless chicken, even though I agree with you that Lomidze has been underperforming compared to his potential.

ok first, sorry if it was an insult. secondly I don't think headless chicken is an insult, it means that he looks lost on the field some times.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby amz » Thu, 22 Jun 2017, 14:04

Did you ever cut the head of a chicken to see how it moves? :twisted: I personally don't think it was an insult, maybe an exaggeration with a pitoresque call and it does have a funny sound. However, I doubt Lomidze, if he reads this forum, is so sensitive, I think he knows his value well enough.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby Bogdan_DC » Thu, 22 Jun 2017, 14:19

Lomidze can take this, he is hearing a lot of nasty stuff on a stadium and some of them are good banter.
I still remember an English commentary about a winger "he is running like a bat out of hell" :))).

Previous

Return to Rugby Forum