Tier 2 & 3 Rugby Forum

USA vs Georgia, June 17

Posts: 643
Joined: Thu, 16 Jul 2015, 17:26
National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

USA vs Georgia, June 17

Postby RugbyPUBtbilisi » Fri, 16 Jun 2017, 10:00

19:00 EDT (UTC-04)
Fifth Third Bank Stadium, Kennesaw, Georgia

US squad:

15 Mike Te'o
14 Matai Leuta
13 Bryce Campbell
12 AJ MacGinty
11 Nate Augspurger
10 Will Magie
9 Shaun Davies
8 Cam Dolan
7 Tony Lamborn
6 Todd Clever (c)
5 Ben Landry
4 Nate Brakeley
3 Chris Baumann
2 James Hilterbrand
1 Anthony Purpura

16 Peter Malcolm
17 Ben Tarr
18 Dino Waldren
19 Matthew Jensen
20 Andrew Durutalo
21 Ben Cima
22 Marcel Brache
23 Ryan Matyas


Georgian Squad:

1 - Mikheil Nariashvili
2 - Jaba Bregvadze
3 - Levan Chilachava
4 - Giorgi Nemsadze
5 - Konstantine Mikautadze
6 - Lasha Lomidze
7 - Viktor Kolelishvili
8 - Beka Bitsadze
9 - Vasil Lobzhanidze
10 - Lasha Khmaladze
11 - Alexander Todua
12 - Merab Sharikadze
13 - David Kacharava
14 - Giorgi Koshadze
15 - Merab Kvirikashvili

16 - Shalva Mamukashvili
17 - Tornike Mataradze
18 - Soso Bekoshvili
19 - Giorgi Chkhaidze
20 - Otar Giorgadze
21 - Giorgi Begadze
22 - Lasha Malaguradze
23 - Giorgi Tsutskiridze
Last edited by RugbyPUBtbilisi on Fri, 16 Jun 2017, 10:46, edited 1 time in total.

Posts: 231
Joined: Thu, 17 Apr 2014, 05:04
National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Re: USA vs Georgia, June 17

Postby Scorpion » Fri, 16 Jun 2017, 10:18

Image

Posts: 847
Joined: Mon, 21 Apr 2014, 08:23
National Flag:
FranceFrance

Re: USA vs Georgia, June 17

Postby beber » Fri, 16 Jun 2017, 10:51

Koshadze on the wing. Let's see how he play at this position !

Is Mchedlidze injured ?

Posts: 643
Joined: Thu, 16 Jul 2015, 17:26
National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Re: USA vs Georgia, June 17

Postby RugbyPUBtbilisi » Fri, 16 Jun 2017, 11:03

beber wrote:Koshadze on the wing. Let's see how he play at this position !

Is Mchedlidze injured ?


Not injured at all. He will rest a little bit to play Argies i think.

Posts: 175
Joined: Fri, 24 Apr 2015, 15:12
Location: Amsterdam
National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Re: USA vs Georgia, June 17

Postby sandro » Fri, 16 Jun 2017, 12:11

Why does Kolelishvili play? He had so much injuries let him rest and recover 100% so he can focus on his spot in the Clermont team. I think that is more important in the long run than this June tests. Too bad Gorgadze is injured I would love to see him play at this level.

Posts: 1199
Joined: Tue, 10 Jun 2014, 18:27
National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Re: USA vs Georgia, June 17

Postby GeoRugby » Fri, 16 Jun 2017, 13:48

So I am assuming Tkhilaishvili and Peikrishvili are both injured. Good to see Chilachava in the line up. Georgia really missed him in REC. Kolelishvili hasn`t played anywhere for a while now due to injuries. I wonder how he`ll do. And yes, Koshadze on the wing could be interesting.

Posts: 387
Joined: Thu, 23 Feb 2017, 01:37
National Flag:
United StatesUnited States

Re: USA vs Georgia, June 17

Postby TheStroBro » Fri, 16 Jun 2017, 16:03

Just did a bunch of Math

USA Front Row 771lbs v. 721.6lbs Georgia Front Row
USA Tight 5 1283lbs v. 1267.2lbs Georgia Tight 5
USA Scrum 1977lbs v. 1964.6lbs Georgia Scrum

User avatar
Posts: 430
Joined: Tue, 22 Apr 2014, 16:02
National Flag:
CanadaCanada

Re: USA vs Georgia, June 17

Postby jonny24 » Fri, 16 Jun 2017, 16:43

Was intentional to host the Georgia match in Georgia? :D
Norfolk Harvesters RFC 10-0-0 NRU "B" Division Champions

Posts: 643
Joined: Thu, 16 Jul 2015, 17:26
National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Re: USA vs Georgia, June 17

Postby RugbyPUBtbilisi » Fri, 16 Jun 2017, 16:53

TheStroBro wrote:Just did a bunch of Math

USA Front Row 771lbs v. 721.6lbs Georgia Front Row
USA Tight 5 1283lbs v. 1267.2lbs Georgia Tight 5
USA Scrum 1977lbs v. 1964.6lbs Georgia Scrum



But we all know what will happen in this component of the game.
Last edited by RugbyPUBtbilisi on Fri, 16 Jun 2017, 17:20, edited 1 time in total.

Posts: 643
Joined: Thu, 16 Jul 2015, 17:26
National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Re: USA vs Georgia, June 17

Postby RugbyPUBtbilisi » Fri, 16 Jun 2017, 17:10

TheStroBro wrote:Just did a bunch of Math

USA Front Row 771lbs v. 721.6lbs Georgia Front Row
USA Tight 5 1283lbs v. 1267.2lbs Georgia Tight 5
USA Scrum 1977lbs v. 1964.6lbs Georgia Scrum


Ur bad at math you know that? :D
Purpura (118kg)
Hilterbrand (108kg) combined=350kg=771 lbs
Baumann (124kg)

Brakeley (110kg)
Landry (122kg)
Clever (100kg)
Lamborn (103kg)
Dolan (113kg)

Scrum= 898kg=1979.7 lbs

vs

Nariashvili (118kg)
Bregvadze (105kg) combined=348kg=767lbs
Chilachava (125kg)

Nemsadze (115kg)
Mikautadze (128kg)
Lomidze (110kg)
Kolelishvili (105kg)
Bitsadze (105kg)

Scrum = 911kg = 2008.4 lbs

Posts: 387
Joined: Thu, 23 Feb 2017, 01:37
National Flag:
United StatesUnited States

Re: USA vs Georgia, June 17

Postby TheStroBro » Fri, 16 Jun 2017, 19:00

RugbyPUBtbilisi wrote:
Ur bad at math you know that? :D


Well I'm not. But the numbers you have may be more updated for your side than I found on their club rosters :P

RugbyPUBtbilisi wrote:
But we all know what will happen in this component of the game.


To be honest, I have no idea, the way you played up front against Canada has me wondering. That should have been a blowout as they are not very good. However, you have an almost fully professional side and we're still running around with 1/3 guys playing amateur or semi-pro egg chasing, so in theory you should win on paper.

Posts: 677
Joined: Thu, 17 Apr 2014, 20:56
National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Re: USA vs Georgia, June 17

Postby fullbackace » Fri, 16 Jun 2017, 19:55

TheStroBro wrote:To be honest, I have no idea, the way you played up front against Canada has me wondering. That should have been a blowout as they are not very good. However, you have an almost fully professional side and we're still running around with 1/3 guys playing amateur or semi-pro egg chasing, so in theory you should win on paper.


We rarely win by a lot. The only way we score is grinding pick and go in the opposition 22 until we go over, sometimes we do mauls as well, or straight up push 5meter scrum over the line. Which takes time and energy. To compensate for that we concede very little, have a very good defensive line that is almost impossible to breach without top class back play. So most games with us are very low scoring.

Our form has also been shite this year, Those top 14 guys had an exhausting season all the way to the playoffs and instead of vacation they're forced to play more rugby. I'm sure they're pretty damn annoyed even if they'll never admit it.

Also our replacement props are a young kid and a walking disaster.

we virtually have no second row past the two starters(I don't mean the squad I mean the whole country only has 2 locks who can play International level) When commentators start generically praising our forward packs they never mention that part, the whole country has only two freaking locks... unbelievable. Even in the youth teams we play flankers as locks because all the tall kids go to play fucking basketball.

One of the flankers is injured and the other hasn't played a game in the past year

Our kicker can't hit the target 50% of the time.

Our fly half has completely forgotten how to play since his injury in November, he can't pass or kick or make plays, he just stands there most of the time and we pray he doesn't get the ball. the coaches keep selecting him for god knows what reason.

Our best player/captain just retired.

so chances are basically 50/50
Don't Pray For Easy lives, Pray for enough Beer!

Posts: 17
Joined: Fri, 06 Jan 2017, 23:28
National Flag:
IsraelIsrael

Re: USA vs Georgia, June 17

Postby ZUKER » Fri, 16 Jun 2017, 21:00

Is it gonna be streamed or TV-ed? Georgia or US channels?

Posts: 387
Joined: Thu, 23 Feb 2017, 01:37
National Flag:
United StatesUnited States

Re: USA vs Georgia, June 17

Postby TheStroBro » Fri, 16 Jun 2017, 21:18

ZUKER wrote:Is it gonna be streamed or TV-ed? Georgia or US channels?

It's on TheRugbyChannel.TV/App in the US. Georgia did have a Youtube stream of their Canadian match.

Posts: 860
Joined: Thu, 21 May 2015, 08:02
National Flag:
United StatesUnited States

Re: USA vs Georgia, June 17

Postby Suiram » Sat, 17 Jun 2017, 03:26

Curious about the lineup for the US. Understand some changes, but figured we would be going for power and consistency to match Georgia. But my other pet theory is that this is still a test of some lineup revisions with an eye towards preparing for Canada.

Hoping some of the exclusions are resting them for canada...not sure otherwise why Taufetee isnt on there...

Posts: 175
Joined: Fri, 24 Apr 2015, 15:12
Location: Amsterdam
National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Re: USA vs Georgia, June 17

Postby sandro » Sat, 17 Jun 2017, 12:12

fullbackace wrote:
TheStroBro wrote:To be honest, I have no idea, the way you played up front against Canada has me wondering. That should have been a blowout as they are not very good. However, you have an almost fully professional side and we're still running around with 1/3 guys playing amateur or semi-pro egg chasing, so in theory you should win on paper.


We rarely win by a lot. The only way we score is grinding pick and go in the opposition 22 until we go over, sometimes we do mauls as well, or straight up push 5meter scrum over the line. Which takes time and energy. To compensate for that we concede very little, have a very good defensive line that is almost impossible to breach without top class back play. So most games with us are very low scoring.

Our form has also been shite this year, Those top 14 guys had an exhausting season all the way to the playoffs and instead of vacation they're forced to play more rugby. I'm sure they're pretty damn annoyed even if they'll never admit it.

Also our replacement props are a young kid and a walking disaster.

we virtually have no second row past the two starters(I don't mean the squad I mean the whole country only has 2 locks who can play International level) When commentators start generically praising our forward packs they never mention that part, the whole country has only two freaking locks... unbelievable. Even in the youth teams we play flankers as locks because all the tall kids go to play fucking basketball.

One of the flankers is injured and the other hasn't played a game in the past year

Our kicker can't hit the target 50% of the time.

Our fly half has completely forgotten how to play since his injury in November, he can't pass or kick or make plays, he just stands there most of the time and we pray he doesn't get the ball. the coaches keep selecting him for god knows what reason.

Our best player/captain just retired.
so chances are basically 50/50



Come on man it's not like we have not ever won a match without Mamuka, we defeated Tonga, Fiji and draw Samoa whitout him and played some good Rugby last june.
I want to see a Georgia that forced his game on the USA and some nice ocasianal wide balls this game, then I will be seticfited!

Posts: 802
Joined: Thu, 15 Dec 2016, 11:18
National Flag:
KenyaKenya

Re: USA vs Georgia, June 17

Postby Neptune » Sat, 17 Jun 2017, 13:24

Why isn't Zach Test starting on the wing? Im beginning to get skeptical of this USA squad.

Posts: 1472
Joined: Wed, 30 Apr 2014, 16:57

Re: USA vs Georgia, June 17

Postby 4N » Sat, 17 Jun 2017, 13:42

Neptune wrote:Why isn't Zach Test starting on the wing? Im beginning to get skeptical of this USA squad.


He suffered a serious head injury which is clear if you search his name on google.

Watch it, Neptune.

Posts: 802
Joined: Thu, 15 Dec 2016, 11:18
National Flag:
KenyaKenya

Re: USA vs Georgia, June 17

Postby Neptune » Sat, 17 Jun 2017, 13:49

4N wrote:
Neptune wrote:Why isn't Zach Test starting on the wing? Im beginning to get skeptical of this USA squad.


He suffered a serious head injury which is clear if you search his name on google.

Watch it, Neptune.


What do you mean watch it? So, im not supposed to ask any questions? This forum was created for everyone to give their 2 cents on any matter. #ExcusemyFrench

Posts: 1472
Joined: Wed, 30 Apr 2014, 16:57

Re: USA vs Georgia, June 17

Postby 4N » Sat, 17 Jun 2017, 13:53

Don't ask ridiculous questions like "is there a link to this match" when one is posted above or "where is Zack Test" and you have any problems here.

Posts: 802
Joined: Thu, 15 Dec 2016, 11:18
National Flag:
KenyaKenya

Re: USA vs Georgia, June 17

Postby Neptune » Sat, 17 Jun 2017, 13:56

4N wrote:Don't ask ridiculous questions like "is there a link to this match" when one is posted above or "where is Zack Test" and you have any problems here.


ok policeman 4N. Got it #ExcuseMyFrench :roll: :roll:

Posts: 528
Joined: Thu, 28 Jul 2016, 19:33
National Flag:
ScotlandScotland

Re: USA vs Georgia, June 17

Postby Bruce_ma_goose » Sat, 17 Jun 2017, 14:02

If anyone could point to a legal stream for this match (regardless of language) it'd be appreciated.

User avatar
Posts: 1194
Joined: Thu, 26 Jun 2014, 05:56
Location: Zemo Vera, Tbilissi, GEORGIA

Re: USA vs Georgia, June 17

Postby FLIDTA RISXVA » Sat, 17 Jun 2017, 17:32

Last edited by FLIDTA RISXVA on Sat, 17 Jun 2017, 17:36, edited 1 time in total.

Posts: 17
Joined: Fri, 06 Jan 2017, 23:28
National Flag:
IsraelIsrael

Re: USA vs Georgia, June 17

Postby ZUKER » Sat, 17 Jun 2017, 17:34

As I was awared the ligal stream will be hosted on Geo TV1 live. 11 pm GMT
http://1tv.ge/ge/live.html

Posts: 528
Joined: Thu, 28 Jul 2016, 19:33
National Flag:
ScotlandScotland

Re: USA vs Georgia, June 17

Postby Bruce_ma_goose » Sat, 17 Jun 2017, 17:41

Thanks guys. Confusion at my end as our media was listing it as a 3pm kickoff today (GMT+1).

Next

Return to Rugby Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BigG, Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], grande, The Captain's Run and 5 guests