June 24th - Romania vs Brazil

National Flag:
BrazilBrazil

June 24th - Romania vs Brazil

Postby victorsra » Mon, 19 Jun 2017, 15:13

7 PM local time
Venue: Arcul de Triumf
Referee: Dan Jones (Wales)
Live streaming: https://ww2.brasilrugby.com.br/pages/ao-vivo (in Portuguese) - any others?

First match ever between these two teams.

Brazilian squad:
André Felipe Zanella de Arruda "Buda" (Desterro), Arthur Bomfim Bergo (SPAC), Caique Santiago Silva Segura (São José), Cléber Dias da Silva Junior "Gelado" (Poli), Daniel Henri Sancery (São José), Endy Williams (Curitiba), Felipe Henri Sancery (São José), Frederico Candido Costa (Jacareí), Gabriel Torres Paganini (Band Saracens), Guilherme Coghetto (Desterro), Jacobus Malan De Wet Van Niekerk (Poli), João Luiz da Ros "Ige" (Desterro), Jonatas Santos Paulo "Chabal" (Band Saracens), Joshua Brian Reeves (Jacareí), Laurent Bourda Couhet (Band Saracens), Lucas Abud de Andrade (Poli), Lucas Rodrigues Duque "Tanque" (São José), Matheus da Cruz Daniel "Matias" (Jacareí), Matheus Joaquim Wolf (Joaca), Matheus Rodrigues Rocha "Blade" (Jacareí), Moisés Rodrigues Duque (São José), Nicholas Malcolm Smith "Nick" (SPAC), Pedro Luiz Menezes Bengaló (Desterro), Robert Aguinaldo Tenorio da Silva Santos (Pasteur) and Yan Victor Mota Rosetti (CBRu).

What about Romanian squad? Is it the same of the Japan-Canada tour?
Brazilian Rugby News: www.portaldorugby.com.br

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Re: June 24th - Romania vs Brazil

Postby STMKY » Mon, 19 Jun 2017, 16:02

That's what a good rugby federation's job means. Romania spent many years holding the Nations Cup in the summer and tests in November at home. Even without the Nations Cup, they play 1 home test in June, and as always 3 tests in November at home. Russia has not played home tests for 10 years already. This is the difference between the Romanian president and Kopiev!

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby amz » Mon, 19 Jun 2017, 22:42

@victor: not clear yet but Howells said before the tour that it is expected to play with a heavily changed team vs Brazil. I expect most players from France to be released for this match and few youngsters to start.

Could you please put that list in rugby position? It's kind of useless that way.

National Flag:
BrazilBrazil

Postby victorsra » Mon, 19 Jun 2017, 23:17

Ok, I posted quickly when it was release (that way).

Hookers: Yan Victor Mota Rosetti (CBRu, former CUBA, Argentina) (captain), Endy Williams (Curitiba);
Props: Caique Santiago Silva Segura (São José), Jonatas Santos Paulo "Chabal" (Band Saracens), Lucas Abud de Andrade (Poli), Matheus Rodrigues Rocha "Blade" (Jacareí), Pedro Luiz Menezes Bengaló (Desterro)
Locks: Cléber Dias da Silva Junior "Gelado" (Poli), Gabriel Torres Paganini (Band Saracens), Matheus Joaquim Wolf (Joaca);
Flankers Arthur Bomfim Bergo (SPAC), João Luiz da Ros "Ige" (Desterro), Matheus da Cruz Daniel "Matias" (Jacareí);
N8: André Felipe Zanella de Arruda "Buda" (Desterro), Nicholas Malcolm Smith "Nick" (SPAC);

Scrum-halves: Laurent Bourda Couhet (Band Saracens), Lucas Rodrigues Duque "Tanque" (São José);
Fly-halves: Joshua Brian Reeves "Josh" (Jacareí), Guilherme Coghetto (Desterro);
Centres: Moisés Rodrigues Duque (São José), Felipe Henri Sancery (São José);
Wings: Frederico Cândido Costa "Fred" (Jacareí), Jacobus Malan De Wet Van Niekerk (Poli), Robert Aguinaldo Tenorio da Silva Santos (Pasteur);
Fullback: Daniel Henri Sancery (São José)

*Coghetto is an utility back that can play wing and fullback too. Probably he will be the sub for 10 and 15. Moisés Duque can play fyl-half too, but probably will be 1st centre. Bourda-Couhet can play wing too. Arruda and Cléber Dias can play flanker as well.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby Bogdan_DC » Tue, 20 Jun 2017, 05:54

STMKY wrote:That's what a good rugby federation's job means. Romania spent many years holding the Nations Cup in the summer and tests in November at home. Even without the Nations Cup, they play 1 home test in June, and as always 3 tests in November at home. Russia has not played home tests for 10 years already. This is the difference between the Romanian president and Kopiev!

We are not so pleased with our tests, no T1 test for 10 years, so i guess everybody have something with his union. But yes not hosting a single test in 10 years that is ridiculous also. How it is supposed to grow popularity of this sport in Russia if the fans can't see their team ?! maybe other countries are afraid to come to Krasnoyarsk because of misconceptions like Siberia in summer = still North Pole:)? It is a solution to try hosting games in Moscow&Sankt Petersburg even if this cities are not rugby centers?

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby Bogdan_DC » Tue, 20 Jun 2017, 06:03

@victorsra Probably a mix between veterans& youngsters, i guess they will release some old heads for this game.
I hope they will not play only with youngsters because:
1. Based on Brazil last results we will lose!
2. Youngsters don't learn much if they will not have some veterans near them to teach them and show how to prepare an international test.
I am impressed with your team because it looks like all your players are based in Brasil and still you beat some European counterparts&USA.So this is meaning you have a strong local competition.Good job!

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby Stef » Tue, 20 Jun 2017, 08:14

victorsra wrote: What about Romanian squad? Is it the same of the Japan-Canada tour?

In the last image relesead by our federation that was the video analysis of your team, I noticed that many French-based players were kept in the team such as Macovei (Colomiers, PRO D2, captain), Antonescu (Colomiers, PRO D2), Gorgioaia (Massy, PRO D2), Badiu (Carcassonne, PRO D2), Nistor (Albi, Fédérale élite), they all played in the last two games. So I think, it will be a strong team, but not as strong as the one that played against Canada.

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby STMKY » Tue, 20 Jun 2017, 09:27

Bogdan_DC wrote:
STMKY wrote:That's what a good rugby federation's job means. Romania spent many years holding the Nations Cup in the summer and tests in November at home. Even without the Nations Cup, they play 1 home test in June, and as always 3 tests in November at home. Russia has not played home tests for 10 years already. This is the difference between the Romanian president and Kopiev!

We are not so pleased with our tests, no T1 test for 10 years, so i guess everybody have something with his union. But yes not hosting a single test in 10 years that is ridiculous also. How it is supposed to grow popularity of this sport in Russia if the fans can't see their team ?! maybe other countries are afraid to come to Krasnoyarsk because of misconceptions like Siberia in summer = still North Pole:)? It is a solution to try hosting games in Moscow&Sankt Petersburg even if this cities are not rugby centers?

Yes, in November you can not play in Krasnoyarsk, there is normal weather only from April to October. But who prevented them from playing in Moscow, St. Petersburg, Penza, Kazan, Rostov, Makhachkala? Moreover, in these cities very often there are various rugby-7 tournaments in good stadiums. I think that the whole thing is indifference. Kopyev lives in London, and his assistants are not interested in unnecessary work. They are easier to give tickets for the National team to Bucharest, Montevideo or Hong Kong and smoke bamboo in their office in Moscow ...

National Flag:
BrazilBrazil

Postby victorsra » Tue, 20 Jun 2017, 10:00

I am impressed with your team because it looks like all your players are based in Brasil and still you beat some European counterparts&USA.So this is meaning you have a strong local competition.Good job!

Our local competition is clearly improving, but our clubs are not that strong yet. What made Brazilian national team and Brazilian players improve is the high performance program with 3 high performance academies and other 3 develoment academies run by the Brazilian Rugby Union across the country since 2015.

Another good thing is that we'll field just 3 players not born in Brazil: Laurent Bourda-Couhet (French), Josh Reeves (New Zealander) and De Wet Van Niekerk (South African). All the others are Brazilians born in Brazil, although Yan Rosetti, Caique Silva and the Sancery brothers grew up and started rugby abroad and came to Brazil after the Brazilian Rugby Union identified them in Argentina (Yan and Caique) and France (Sancery brothers). This means, 18 of the 25 players traveling to Romania are 100% Brazilian clubs "products".

A nice story is Nick Smith. He is the grandson of Sidney Smith, an Englishman that was one the pioneers of rugby in São Paulo in the 1920s. Robert Smith (Nick's father) was born in Brazil and played for the national team. And now it is Nick's time.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby amz » Tue, 20 Jun 2017, 11:05

Oaks squad to face Brazil:

Props:
Constantin Pristavita (Stiinta Baia Mare)
Bogdan Neacsu (CS Dinamo)
Alexandru Gordas (CSA Steaua)
Andrei Ursache (Carcassonne)
Ionel Badiu (Carcassonne)

Hookers:
Andrei Radoi (Timisoara Saracens)
Ovidiu Cojocaru (Stiinta Baia Mare)

Locks:
Valentin Poparlan (Timisoara Saracens)
Johannes Van Heerden (Stiinta Baia Mare)
Marius Antonescu (Colomiers)
Andrei Iurea (Stiinta Baia Mare)
Ionut Lucian Muresan (Timisoara Saracens)

Backrows:
Viorel Lucaci (CSA Steaua)
Andrei Gorcioaia (Massy)
Vlad Nistor (Albi)
Mihai Macovei (Colomiers)

Scrum-halves:
Florin Surugiu (CSA Steaua )
Tudorel Bratu (CS Dinamo)

Fly-Halves:
Florin Vlaicu (CSA Steaua)
Samoa Luke (Stiinta Baia Mare)

Centers:
Florin Vladut Popa (Timisoara Saracens)
Paula Kinikinilau (CSM Bucuresti)
Sione Fakaosilea (Stiinta Baia Mare)

Wings:
Marius Simionescu (Timisoara Saracens)
Ionut Dumitru (CSA Steaua)
Jack Cobden (CSM Bucuresti)
Tangimana Fonovai (Timisoara Saracens)

Fullback:
Sabin Stratila (CSA Steaua)

So two new additions to the squad, 21 yo Muresan (Timisoara, lock forwards) and Bogdan Neacsu (Dinamo, prop).

Tarus (Sale Sharks) and Turashvili (Colomiers) who was redcarded anyway were not retained in the squad.

National Flag:
BrazilBrazil

Postby victorsra » Tue, 20 Jun 2017, 16:50

How do you rate this squad?

National Flag:
WalesWales

Postby sammo » Tue, 20 Jun 2017, 16:56

If I book tickets through here; https://www.myticket.ro/ro/evenimente/1 ... resti.html
Or here; https://www.bilete.ro/romania-brazilia/ ... -iun-2017/

will they be email tickets or will I have to pick them up somewhere?

Thanks!

EDIT: I think I've found an option where I can pick them up on the day, my Romanian is getting good ;)

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby Stef » Tue, 20 Jun 2017, 17:29

victorsra wrote:How do you rate this squad?

It is a very strong team, almost the same team that won against Canada last week. By Friday, we should know the team of the 23 players. I assume that on the bench, we will have many young players, at least 3 of them under 21: Cojocaru (he will earn his first cap, Baia Mare), Muresan (Timisoara), Simionescu (Timisoara) and/or Popa (Timisoara).

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby amz » Tue, 20 Jun 2017, 18:40

sammo wrote:If I book tickets through here; https://www.myticket.ro/ro/evenimente/1 ... resti.html
Or here; https://www.bilete.ro/romania-brazilia/ ... -iun-2017/

will they be email tickets or will I have to pick them up somewhere?

Thanks!

EDIT: I think I've found an option where I can pick them up on the day, my Romanian is getting good ;)

If you buy from bilete.ro, you can pick them from a network of small stores called Inmedio : https://inmedio.ro/
Assuming you're staying around the Old City, this location is the easiest:

https://www.bilete.ro/info/retea/inmedio/
Pasaj Universitate
Pasaj Piata Universitatii
LU-SA: 06:00-20:00; DU: 08:00-16:00;

Anybody can direct you to the passage from University Square, it's really easy.

From myticket.ro, the closest of Old City (where I assume you'll spend a lot of time ;) ) is this one:

Libraria Mihai Eminescu
Telefon: 0213154428
E-mail: midavserv@yahoo.com
Adresa: Bulevardul Regina Elisabeta 16

As far as I know, guys who come with Eggchasers picked tickets from stadium but they talked at phone before with the seller. Maybe you try to catch them by phone.

My ticket is in B3 btw, maybe we'll have a pint

National Flag:
WalesWales

Postby sammo » Tue, 20 Jun 2017, 18:46

amz wrote:
From myticket.ro, the closest of Old City (where I assume you'll spend a lot of time ;) ) is this one:

Libraria Mihai Eminescu
Telefon: 0213154428
E-mail: midavserv@yahoo.com
Adresa: Bulevardul Regina Elisabeta 16

As far as I know, guys who come with Eggchasers picked tickets from stadium but they talked at phone before with the seller. Maybe you try to catch them by phone.

My ticket is in B3 btw, maybe we'll have a pint

Bought from myticket, and that is less than 10 mins walk from where we are staying, thanks for the info! We will be sat in C2, will send you a message later this week to see about a pint!

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby amz » Fri, 23 Jun 2017, 09:27

Lineups:

Romania:

1. Ionel Badiu (Carcassonne)
2. Andrei Radoi (Timisoara Saracens)
3.Andrei Ursache (Carcassonne)
4. Johannes Van Heerden (Stiinta Baia Mare)
5. Marius Antonescu (Colomiers)
6. Andrei Gorcioaia (Massy)
7. Vlad Nistor(Albi)
8. Mihai Macovei (C) (Colomiers)
9.Florin Surugiu (Steaua Bucuresti)
10. Luke Samoa (Stiinta Baia Mare)
11. Jack Cobden (CSM Bucuresti)
12.Sione Fakaosilea (Stiinta Baia Mare)
13.Paula Kinikinilau (CSM Bucuresti)
14. Fonovai Tangimana (Timisoara Saracens)
15. Marius Simionesuc (Timisoara Saracens)

Subs:
16. Ovidiu Cojocaru (CSM Baia Mare)
17. Constantin Pristavita (Stiinta Baia Mare)
18.Alexandru Gordas (CSA Steaua)
19. Valentin Poparlan (Timisoara Saracens)
20. Viorel Lucaci (Steaua Bucuresti)
21.Tudorel Bratu (Dinamo Bucuresti)
22. Florin Vlaicu (Steaua Bucuresti)
23. Ionut Dumitru (Steaua Bucuresti)

Brazil:

1. Jonatas Santos Paulo (Bandeirantes)
2. Yan Rosetti (C) (Club Universitario de Buenos Aires)
3. Pedro Bengalo (Desterro)
4. Cleber Dias (Poli)
5.Gabriel Paganini (Bandeirantes)
6. Joao Luis Da Ros (Desterro)
7. Arthur Bergo (SPAC)
8. Andre Arruda (Desterro)
9. Lucas Duque (Sao Jose)
10. Joshua Reeves (Jacarei)
11. Jacobus De Wet (Poli)
12. Moises Duque (Sao Jose)
13. Felipe (Sao Jose)
14. Laurent Bourda-Couhet (Bandeirantes)
15. Daniel Sancery (Sao Jose)

Subs:

16. Endy Willian (Curitiba)
17. Lucas Abud de Andrade(Poli)
18. Matheus Rocha (Jacarei)
19. Matheus Wolf (Joaca Rugby Club)
20. Nicholas Smith (SPAC)
21. Matheus Daniel (Jacarei)
22. Robert Tenorio (Pasteur)
23. Guilherme Coghetto (Desterro)

National Flag:
ArgentinaArgentina

Postby argie » Sat, 24 Jun 2017, 15:33

Thirty minutes to start.

National Flag:
ScotlandScotland

Postby Bruce_ma_goose » Sat, 24 Jun 2017, 16:11

I can't get either official stream to work. :(

https://www.rugbytv.ro/ (in Romanian)
https://ww2.brasilrugby.com.br/pages/ao-vivo (in Portuguese)

National Flag:
ArgentinaArgentina

Postby argie » Sat, 24 Jun 2017, 16:16

Here you can watch. http://live.shwidget.com/static/freepla ... 62440.html

14-0 for Romania at 11 min.

National Flag:
ScotlandScotland

Postby Bruce_ma_goose » Sat, 24 Jun 2017, 16:24

Thanks! Looks like it's going to be very onesided. 21-0 after 19 minutes. A little confused why Romania played such a strong side. They could have put out lots of players who hadn't travelled to Japan and the US and given more experienced players a rest.

National Flag:
SpainSpain

Postby Armchair Fan » Sat, 24 Jun 2017, 16:40

Bruce_ma_goose wrote:Thanks! Looks like it's going to be very onesided. 21-0 after 19 minutes. A little confused why Romania played such a strong side. They could have put out lots of players who hadn't travelled to Japan and the US and given more experienced players a rest.

Probably to prove a point and show World Rugby this game should have never taken place. At least not in Romania.

National Flag:
CanadaCanada

Postby Canadian_Rugger » Sat, 24 Jun 2017, 16:46

Armchair Fan wrote:
Bruce_ma_goose wrote:Thanks! Looks like it's going to be very onesided. 21-0 after 19 minutes. A little confused why Romania played such a strong side. They could have put out lots of players who hadn't travelled to Japan and the US and given more experienced players a rest.

Probably to prove a point and show World Rugby this game should have never taken place. At least not in Romania.

Romania is beasting them. I won't be surprised if they put 70-80pts on Brazil today.

National Flag:
SpainSpain

Postby Armchair Fan » Sat, 24 Jun 2017, 16:49

35-0 at halftime

National Flag:
CanadaCanada

Postby Canadian_Rugger » Sat, 24 Jun 2017, 16:57

Brazil's backs look alright when they get the ball. Their forward pack is getting absolutely wrecked though. Need to earn the right to go wide.

The Brazil hooker must think he's on the football pitch with the amount of whinging to the referee.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby Victor » Sat, 24 Jun 2017, 17:01

It would have been useful to have more new faces in the team, but then again it is also a matter of respect for the visiting team to field a strong squad. They didn't travel across the ocean to play Romania A.

Next

Return to Rugby Forum