Tier 2 & 3 Rugby Forum

Men's CANAM Series-WC Qualifiers

Posts: 519
Joined: Thu, 28 Jul 2016, 19:33
National Flag:
ScotlandScotland

Re: Men's CANAM Series-WC Qualifiers

Postby Bruce_ma_goose » Sat, 01 Jul 2017, 23:04

Only one team playing much rugby. Canada showing some character but they obviously don't have the same depth as the US to handle injuries.

If I was Canada I'd kick for points at every opportunity when it is XV vs XV. They don't look capable of scoring a try today. Also O'Leary's kicking has not been good. Don't know if that will have to do with the strapping on his leg.

Posts: 1180
Joined: Thu, 17 Apr 2014, 09:18
Location: Bucharest
National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Re: Men's CANAM Series-WC Qualifiers

Postby amz » Sat, 01 Jul 2017, 23:10

19-9 at half time, could be game on if Canada manage to score on US yellow

Posts: 1180
Joined: Thu, 17 Apr 2014, 09:18
Location: Bucharest
National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Re: Men's CANAM Series-WC Qualifiers

Postby amz » Sat, 01 Jul 2017, 23:12

Bruce_ma_goose wrote:If I was Canada I'd kick for points at every opportunity when it is XV vs XV. They don't look capable of scoring a try today.


:thumbup: :D

Posts: 720
Joined: Mon, 02 Jun 2014, 03:08
Location: Ontario
National Flag:
CanadaCanada

Re: Men's CANAM Series-WC Qualifiers

Postby LittleGuy » Sat, 01 Jul 2017, 23:15

I thought this one was way out of hand at 19-3 but Canada have chipped away. 19-16

Posts: 720
Joined: Mon, 02 Jun 2014, 03:08
Location: Ontario
National Flag:
CanadaCanada

Re: Men's CANAM Series-WC Qualifiers

Postby LittleGuy » Sat, 01 Jul 2017, 23:28

Wow, stunned the Eagles didn't take the points there.

Posts: 671
Joined: Thu, 17 Apr 2014, 20:56
National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Re: Men's CANAM Series-WC Qualifiers

Postby fullbackace » Sat, 01 Jul 2017, 23:29

take the free kick ? that's just plain foolish.

guess not.


still foolish.
Last edited by fullbackace on Sat, 01 Jul 2017, 23:30, edited 1 time in total.
Don't Pray For Easy lives, Pray for enough Beer!

Posts: 720
Joined: Mon, 02 Jun 2014, 03:08
Location: Ontario
National Flag:
CanadaCanada

Re: Men's CANAM Series-WC Qualifiers

Postby LittleGuy » Sat, 01 Jul 2017, 23:29

Well it paid off.

Posts: 720
Joined: Mon, 02 Jun 2014, 03:08
Location: Ontario
National Flag:
CanadaCanada

Re: Men's CANAM Series-WC Qualifiers

Postby LittleGuy » Sat, 01 Jul 2017, 23:34

Eagles going for the jugular here.

Ardron off with a yellow, another try off a maul. This one is over.

Congratulations to the Eagles, and to Todd Clever who ends his career on a high note.

Canada have six months to get ready for the home and away vs. Uruguay.

Posts: 720
Joined: Mon, 02 Jun 2014, 03:08
Location: Ontario
National Flag:
CanadaCanada

Re: Men's CANAM Series-WC Qualifiers

Postby LittleGuy » Sat, 01 Jul 2017, 23:39

Eagles are just rampant now. This becoming a blowout.

Posts: 12
Joined: Mon, 26 Jun 2017, 22:10
National Flag:
CanadaCanada

Re: Men's CANAM Series-WC Qualifiers

Postby RivalBlue » Sat, 01 Jul 2017, 23:40

This is completely and utterly fucking embarassing.

Posts: 519
Joined: Thu, 28 Jul 2016, 19:33
National Flag:
ScotlandScotland

Re: Men's CANAM Series-WC Qualifiers

Postby Bruce_ma_goose » Sat, 01 Jul 2017, 23:41

Happy for the US to be at the RWC. They showed what they are capable of in the ARC and hopefully they'll rediscover that sort of form in the next year or two.

Posts: 720
Joined: Mon, 02 Jun 2014, 03:08
Location: Ontario
National Flag:
CanadaCanada

Re: Men's CANAM Series-WC Qualifiers

Postby LittleGuy » Sat, 01 Jul 2017, 23:43

First time I've ever seen Canada actually quit on a game. They don't care at this point. This last ten minutes have been the worst I've ever seen Canada play.

Does Anscombe survive?

Posts: 9
Joined: Sun, 05 Mar 2017, 15:49
National Flag:
United StatesUnited States

Re: Men's CANAM Series-WC Qualifiers

Postby MrBigglesworth » Sat, 01 Jul 2017, 23:43

US 47 - Canada 16

Posts: 12
Joined: Mon, 26 Jun 2017, 22:10
National Flag:
CanadaCanada

Re: Men's CANAM Series-WC Qualifiers

Postby RivalBlue » Sat, 01 Jul 2017, 23:44

LittleGuy wrote:First time I've ever seen Canada actually quit on a game. They don't care at this point. This last ten minutes have been the worst I've ever seen Canada play.

Does Anscombe survive?


He shouldn't but I'm willing to bet he will.

We should never have gotten rid of Crowley.

Posts: 1453
Joined: Wed, 30 Apr 2014, 16:57

Re: Men's CANAM Series-WC Qualifiers

Postby 4N » Sat, 01 Jul 2017, 23:46

Game really busted open when Taufetee came on. :)

Well done Eagles. Cam Dolan played well, as did Clever in a fitting sendoff.

Posts: 720
Joined: Mon, 02 Jun 2014, 03:08
Location: Ontario
National Flag:
CanadaCanada

Re: Men's CANAM Series-WC Qualifiers

Postby LittleGuy » Sat, 01 Jul 2017, 23:50

RivalBlue wrote:
LittleGuy wrote:First time I've ever seen Canada actually quit on a game. They don't care at this point. This last ten minutes have been the worst I've ever seen Canada play.

Does Anscombe survive?


He shouldn't but I'm willing to bet he will.

We should never have gotten rid of Crowley.


The results have really deteriorated in the last year. Even in 2016 we beat the Tier three teams we played and the losses were of respectable margins. We've lost to Brazil this year!

Our only win was vs. Chile at home and that draw in Hamilton last week.

The other games have been flat out ugly, not respectable losses that could have gone either way.

Posts: 720
Joined: Mon, 02 Jun 2014, 03:08
Location: Ontario
National Flag:
CanadaCanada

Re: Men's CANAM Series-WC Qualifiers

Postby LittleGuy » Sat, 01 Jul 2017, 23:58

Look at this rapid decline....


Canada's 2016.

Wins.

Uruguay 33-17
Brazil 52-25
Chile 64-13
Russia 46-21

Losses

States 22-30
Arg. XV 21-54
Japan 22-26
Italy 18-20
Ireland 21-52
Romania 16-21
Samoa 23-25


Canada 2017

Win

Chile 36-15

Draw.

States 28-28

Losses.

Arg. XV 6-20
States 34-51
Uruguay 13-17
Brazil 23-24
Georgia 0-13
Romania 9-25
States 16-52

Posts: 203
Joined: Fri, 14 Aug 2015, 13:58
National Flag:
CanadaCanada

Re: Men's CANAM Series-WC Qualifiers

Postby marvinparsons » Sun, 02 Jul 2017, 00:11

I don't know how anyone can blame Anscombe. The Canadian players aren't good. The sport is horribly managed at all levels.

The announcers were talking about rhe sport growing in spades in San Diego. Where is it growing in Canada? Nowhere.

Posts: 720
Joined: Mon, 02 Jun 2014, 03:08
Location: Ontario
National Flag:
CanadaCanada

Re: Men's CANAM Series-WC Qualifiers

Postby LittleGuy » Sun, 02 Jul 2017, 00:17

marvinparsons wrote:I don't know how anyone can blame Anscombe. The Canadian players aren't good. The sport is horribly managed at all levels.

The announcers were talking about rhe sport growing in spades in San Diego. Where is it growing in Canada? Nowhere.


Only place Rugby is growing in Canada right now is with League. Where the Wolfpack are getting decent crowds, good results and a few code converts.

Posts: 205
Joined: Sat, 03 May 2014, 02:22
Location: Beamsville, ON, Canada
National Flag:
CanadaCanada

Re: Men's CANAM Series-WC Qualifiers

Postby GentsRugger » Sun, 02 Jul 2017, 00:18

marvinparsons wrote:I don't know how anyone can blame Anscombe. The Canadian players aren't good. The sport is horribly managed at all levels.

The announcers were talking about rhe sport growing in spades in San Diego. Where is it growing in Canada? Nowhere.

At least Anscombe has made the forwards somewhat respectable. The win/losses hasn't changed but at least our 15's team isn't playing 7's like it was under Crowley. Can't blame Anscombe completely, he can only do so much with what he has.

Posts: 12
Joined: Mon, 26 Jun 2017, 22:10
National Flag:
CanadaCanada

Re: Men's CANAM Series-WC Qualifiers

Postby RivalBlue » Sun, 02 Jul 2017, 00:21

LittleGuy wrote:
marvinparsons wrote:I don't know how anyone can blame Anscombe. The Canadian players aren't good. The sport is horribly managed at all levels.

The announcers were talking about rhe sport growing in spades in San Diego. Where is it growing in Canada? Nowhere.


Only place Rugby is growing in Canada right now is with League. Where the Wolfpack are getting decent crowds, good results and a few code converts.


League isn't growing in Canada, especially anymore than Union.

Wolfpack aren't getting decent crowds consistently, most tickets are given away for free, and they play in Toronto and are winning...so of course people will jump on the wagon. As soon as they start losing and aren't branded as "new" they will fade away. They are getting decent media coverage however.

Posts: 203
Joined: Fri, 14 Aug 2015, 13:58
National Flag:
CanadaCanada

Re: Men's CANAM Series-WC Qualifiers

Postby marvinparsons » Sun, 02 Jul 2017, 00:27

I've had about 50 people who don't know rugby from cricket bring up the Wolfpack. More than you can say for anything Rugby Canada has concocted.

Posts: 1165
Joined: Wed, 25 Feb 2015, 17:54
National Flag:
CanadaCanada

Re: Men's CANAM Series-WC Qualifiers

Postby ruckovercdn » Sun, 02 Jul 2017, 00:31

RivalBlue wrote:
LittleGuy wrote:
marvinparsons wrote:I don't know how anyone can blame Anscombe. The Canadian players aren't good. The sport is horribly managed at all levels.

The announcers were talking about rhe sport growing in spades in San Diego. Where is it growing in Canada? Nowhere.


Only place Rugby is growing in Canada right now is with League. Where the Wolfpack are getting decent crowds, good results and a few code converts.


League isn't growing in Canada, especially anymore than Union.

Wolfpack aren't getting decent crowds consistently, most tickets are given away for free, and they play in Toronto and are winning...so of course people will jump on the wagon. As soon as they start losing and aren't branded as "new" they will fade away. They are getting decent media coverage however.


You're flat out wrong there man. Wolfpackis getting bigger crowds than our national side atm.

Posts: 12
Joined: Mon, 26 Jun 2017, 22:10
National Flag:
CanadaCanada

Re: Men's CANAM Series-WC Qualifiers

Postby RivalBlue » Sun, 02 Jul 2017, 00:32

ruckovercdn wrote:
RivalBlue wrote:
LittleGuy wrote:
marvinparsons wrote:I don't know how anyone can blame Anscombe. The Canadian players aren't good. The sport is horribly managed at all levels.

The announcers were talking about rhe sport growing in spades in San Diego. Where is it growing in Canada? Nowhere.


Only place Rugby is growing in Canada right now is with League. Where the Wolfpack are getting decent crowds, good results and a few code converts.


League isn't growing in Canada, especially anymore than Union.

Wolfpack aren't getting decent crowds consistently, most tickets are given away for free, and they play in Toronto and are winning...so of course people will jump on the wagon. As soon as they start losing and aren't branded as "new" they will fade away. They are getting decent media coverage however.


You're flat out wrong there man. Wolfpackis getting bigger crowds than our national side atm.


I'm going to need sources for that LMAO.

Posts: 720
Joined: Mon, 02 Jun 2014, 03:08
Location: Ontario
National Flag:
CanadaCanada

Re: Men's CANAM Series-WC Qualifiers

Postby LittleGuy » Sun, 02 Jul 2017, 00:47

Wolfpack home crowds have been in the 6,000-7,200 range.

PreviousNext

Return to Rugby Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests