Tier 2 & 3 Rugby Forum

Pacific Nations Cup 2017

Posts: 223
Joined: Thu, 01 May 2014, 08:33
Location: Auckland
National Flag:
New ZealandNew Zealand

Re: Pacific Nations Cup 2017

Postby Muzzy » Sat, 08 Jul 2017, 03:28

Warpath wrote:
rugby.change wrote:
Warpath wrote:the game won't be shown anywhere BUT Tonga :/


Do you mean the only place you can see it is at the Stadium, or you have to live in Tonga to see a broadcast?


Stadium yes, but TongaTV is broadcasting it LIVE on TV in TONGA ONLY, they are not able to broadcast it online or via WorldRugby.. :( the game will be shown delayed later on WorldRugby website.


smh.

I've seen some people saying its 10 - 8 to Tonga.

Posts: 278
Joined: Wed, 20 Aug 2014, 08:36
National Flag:
FijiFiji

Re: Pacific Nations Cup 2017

Postby Warpath » Sat, 08 Jul 2017, 03:29

10-8 to tonga, 55mins gone

Posts: 223
Joined: Thu, 01 May 2014, 08:33
Location: Auckland
National Flag:
New ZealandNew Zealand

Re: Pacific Nations Cup 2017

Postby Muzzy » Sat, 08 Jul 2017, 03:45

I'm seeing Fiji 11 - 10 with 1 min left to play

edit: this site has live scores http://www.flashscore.com/

Fiji up 14 - 10


Fiji win 14 - 10. Well at least Fiji continue to win and can take the pressure off knowing they've secured the top spot for the world cup. Way too close for comfort though and Fiji only scored 1 try, doesn't sound very good. Gonna have to wait for the full game I guess.

Next goal is to beat Samoa to get a possible 8th place ranking this year, it would be their highest ever ranking.

Ironically the pool for 3rd place looks easier than the one for 2nd place. It may even be easier than Fiji's pool.
Last edited by Muzzy on Sat, 08 Jul 2017, 03:57, edited 1 time in total.

Posts: 278
Joined: Wed, 20 Aug 2014, 08:36
National Flag:
FijiFiji

Re: Pacific Nations Cup 2017

Postby Warpath » Sat, 08 Jul 2017, 03:56

fiji win 14-10

Posts: 278
Joined: Wed, 20 Aug 2014, 08:36
National Flag:
FijiFiji

Re: Pacific Nations Cup 2017

Postby Warpath » Sat, 08 Jul 2017, 04:03

Muzzy wrote:
Next goal is to beat Samoa to get a possible 8th place ranking this year, it would be their highest ever ranking.

Ironically the pool for 3rd place looks easier than the one for 2nd place. It may even be easier than Fiji's pool.


nah, they needed to beat Tonga by 15 points or more to get closer to argentina but they only won, so even if they thrash samoa, they will remain 10th

Posts: 278
Joined: Wed, 20 Aug 2014, 08:36
National Flag:
FijiFiji

Re: Pacific Nations Cup 2017

Postby Warpath » Sat, 08 Jul 2017, 04:37

Tonga got 7 points, samoa got 5, tonga collected a point by losing by less than 7, they need a draw to qualify

Posts: 223
Joined: Thu, 01 May 2014, 08:33
Location: Auckland
National Flag:
New ZealandNew Zealand

Re: Pacific Nations Cup 2017

Postby Muzzy » Sat, 08 Jul 2017, 04:55

Warpath wrote:
Muzzy wrote:
Next goal is to beat Samoa to get a possible 8th place ranking this year, it would be their highest ever ranking.

Ironically the pool for 3rd place looks easier than the one for 2nd place. It may even be easier than Fiji's pool.


nah, they needed to beat Tonga by 15 points or more to get closer to argentina but they only won, so even if they thrash samoa, they will remain 10th


What if Argentina lose a bunch of games during the Rugby Championship though?

Posts: 278
Joined: Wed, 20 Aug 2014, 08:36
National Flag:
FijiFiji

Re: Pacific Nations Cup 2017

Postby Warpath » Sat, 08 Jul 2017, 05:03

Muzzy wrote:
Warpath wrote:
Muzzy wrote:
Next goal is to beat Samoa to get a possible 8th place ranking this year, it would be their highest ever ranking.

Ironically the pool for 3rd place looks easier than the one for 2nd place. It may even be easier than Fiji's pool.


nah, they needed to beat Tonga by 15 points or more to get closer to argentina but they only won, so even if they thrash samoa, they will remain 10th


What if Argentina lose a bunch of games during the Rugby Championship though?


yep, if they lose to south africa and australia at home, we could move up to 9th but we need to beat samoa first lol, never count ur chickens bro....Fiji has successfully done what they went out to do, beating samoa is not a priority for mcshit, he may name the worst team possible against samoa next weekend.

Posts: 871
Joined: Thu, 17 Apr 2014, 13:53
National Flag:
FranceFrance

Re: Pacific Nations Cup 2017

Postby olivier » Sat, 08 Jul 2017, 10:06

Another disappointing performance from Fiji. I don't think the Fijians will be strongly motivated to win in Samoa now they secured Oceania 1 spot...

Posts: 223
Joined: Thu, 01 May 2014, 08:33
Location: Auckland
National Flag:
New ZealandNew Zealand

Re: Pacific Nations Cup 2017

Postby Muzzy » Sat, 08 Jul 2017, 11:59

Warpath wrote:yep, if they lose to south africa and australia at home, we could move up to 9th but we need to beat samoa first lol, never count ur chickens bro....Fiji has successfully done what they went out to do, beating samoa is not a priority for mcshit, he may name the worst team possible against samoa next weekend.


Yeah that could happen, thats what he did against Georgia last year when it was Fiji's last test. There's a few guys in the team that haven't had much game time so I can definitely see this happening. Losing to our island rivals sucks though.

olivier wrote:Another disappointing performance from Fiji. I don't think the Fijians will be strongly motivated to win in Samoa now they secured Oceania 1 spot...


What do you mean "Another" disappointing performance?

Posts: 278
Joined: Wed, 20 Aug 2014, 08:36
National Flag:
FijiFiji

Re: Pacific Nations Cup 2017

Postby Warpath » Sat, 08 Jul 2017, 12:16

Fiji wins all its matches in the last 10 minutes, quite disappointing really, we usually end up FIGHTING to win in all games instead of a comfortable win, like against Italy, fiji butchered 7 tries, against australia, 3 against Scotland and fiji had many chances against tonga, but could not finish :(

Posts: 2443
Joined: Thu, 17 Apr 2014, 02:51
Location: São Paulo
National Flag:
BrazilBrazil

Re: Pacific Nations Cup 2017

Postby victorsra » Sat, 08 Jul 2017, 15:04

any highlights video?
Brazilian Rugby News: www.portaldorugby.com.br

Posts: 223
Joined: Thu, 01 May 2014, 08:33
Location: Auckland
National Flag:
New ZealandNew Zealand

Re: Pacific Nations Cup 2017

Postby Muzzy » Sun, 09 Jul 2017, 02:45

Still no proper footage. Hopefully World Rugby will put out something, they put out footage of last weeks game so idk why they haven't for this one yet.

Here's a report from World Rugby

http://www.worldrugby.org/pnc/news/264892

The first half would end tryless, Fiji fly-half Ben Volavola opening the scoring with a penalty before scrum-half Sonatane Takulua cancelled that out with a kick of his own after 21 minutes. Takulua had an opportunity to edge the hosts ahead but missed a second penalty attempt on the half hour so the two rivals went into half-time locked at 3-3.

The second half began in a different fashion and prop Siegfried Fisihoi sent the home crowd into a frenzy when he scored the first try within six minutes of the restart, Takulua making no mistake with the conversion to put Tonga ahead 10-3.

Fiji's response was swift, though, with full-back Timoci Nagusa doing some great work in the lead up to second-row Leone Nakarawa (pictured) running in for a try to cut the deficit to two points after Volavola was unable to add the conversion.

With both Toutai Kefu and John McKee starting to make changes off the bench the score remained at 10-8 until the 65th minute when Volavola kicked his second penalty to edge Fiji into a one-point lead. The fly-half then added a third with six minutes to go after a period of Fijian pressure.

That set up a tense final five minutes in which both teams tried to fashion an attack, but with defences holding firm the game was played out near halfway, leaving Fiji able to celebrate their RWC 2019 place and move on to Apia with the intention of defending their Pacific Nations Cup title.


Main thing I'm disappointed to hear is that Fiji didn't dominate Tonga in the scrums, that was one area we've had over Samoa and Tonga in recent years. Only footage so far is what a guy in the crowd was livestreaming.

Seen some reports saying Fiji won the PNC but thats not true. The PNC title is still up for grabs against Samoa.

Posts: 278
Joined: Wed, 20 Aug 2014, 08:36
National Flag:
FijiFiji

Re: Pacific Nations Cup 2017

Postby Warpath » Sun, 09 Jul 2017, 08:29

yeah local media thinking fiji won PNC, fucking idiots, we are behind by 1 point, we need to DRAW with samoa or BEAT them to win the PNC.

User avatar
Posts: 1830
Joined: Tue, 15 Apr 2014, 18:36
National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Re: Pacific Nations Cup 2017

Postby iul » Sun, 09 Jul 2017, 21:00

Apparently some guy was live streaming the Tonga - Fiji game himself: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAHpbv3hfXI You can see part of the game and then the guy got kicked out.

...there's a pic of him on reddit:
Image
Fucking incompetent twats. Some dude manages to live stream but WR doesn't.

Posts: 474
Joined: Thu, 28 Jul 2016, 19:33
National Flag:
ScotlandScotland

Re: Pacific Nations Cup 2017

Postby Bruce_ma_goose » Sun, 09 Jul 2017, 21:28

victorsra wrote:any highlights video?


https://youtu.be/rWkVsdyeYO4

Posts: 223
Joined: Thu, 01 May 2014, 08:33
Location: Auckland
National Flag:
New ZealandNew Zealand

Re: Pacific Nations Cup 2017

Postby Muzzy » Sun, 09 Jul 2017, 23:15

Yeah what happened is World Rugby did film it, but they had to fly back to New Zealand to edit it smh

From these highlights looks like the bench made a good impact for Fiji. I still rate Seniloli ahead of Vularika, add Vularika to your list Warpath haha. They showed in parts they were still dangerous in the loose play. Looks like Peni Ravai went off injured in the second half and looks like Tuisova might have been injured too. Hopefully they'll be okay for the game against Samoa. Very lucky win for Fiji though, could have easily been won by Tonga at the end there.

Posts: 276
Joined: Mon, 28 Apr 2014, 17:36
National Flag:
WalesWales

Re: Pacific Nations Cup 2017

Postby rugby.change » Mon, 10 Jul 2017, 17:12

Based on previous results between Fiji and Samoa in Apia it looks like it will be a close game in favor of Samoa.

Should Samoa not win with a bonus point and win by 4 points, that puts Tonga Samoa and Fiji all on 5 pts and equal PD. What happens then?

Posts: 1396
Joined: Sun, 20 Apr 2014, 16:57
Location: Leicester
National Flag:
Great BritainGreat Britain

Re: Pacific Nations Cup 2017

Postby sk 88 » Mon, 10 Jul 2017, 19:20

iul wrote:Apparently some guy was live streaming the Tonga - Fiji game himself: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAHpbv3hfXI You can see part of the game and then the guy got kicked out.

...there's a pic of him on reddit:
Image
Fucking incompetent twats. Some dude manages to live stream but WR doesn't.



I don't know if this is a Tongan equivalent of the "all Smiths are related" but are the two people named in that posted related to Nili Latu or Opeti Fonua?

User avatar
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue, 22 Nov 2016, 00:42
National Flag:
United StatesUnited States

Re: Pacific Nations Cup 2017

Postby WarBomb » Mon, 10 Jul 2017, 19:37

Silly question here but when and how will we know who won the "Oceania 2" Spot?

Posts: 1350
Joined: Tue, 06 Oct 2015, 22:54
National Flag:
SpainSpain

Re: Pacific Nations Cup 2017

Postby Armchair Fan » Mon, 10 Jul 2017, 20:03

This weekend.

Posts: 2443
Joined: Thu, 17 Apr 2014, 02:51
Location: São Paulo
National Flag:
BrazilBrazil

Re: Pacific Nations Cup 2017

Postby victorsra » Mon, 10 Jul 2017, 21:00

If Samoa wins or draws, it is Samoa the Oceania 2

If Samoa loses without bonus points it is Tonga the Oceania 2

If Samoa loses but wins a bonus points both Tonga and Samoa would have the same number of points... and I am not sure - what is the criterea?
Brazilian Rugby News: www.portaldorugby.com.br

Posts: 278
Joined: Wed, 20 Aug 2014, 08:36
National Flag:
FijiFiji

Re: Pacific Nations Cup 2017

Postby Warpath » Tue, 11 Jul 2017, 00:43

victorsra wrote:If Samoa wins or draws, it is Samoa the Oceania 2

If Samoa loses without bonus points it is Tonga the Oceania 2

If Samoa loses but wins a bonus points both Tonga and Samoa would have the same number of points... and I am not sure - what is the criterea?


yep, Tongans will be cheering for Fiji this weekend, shame they damaged two of our best players in tuisova and ravai :/ who would have made a huge difference and also, Samoa only has one point, they just need a draw to be oceania 2 but if they do get that one point for losing adn equal tonga, I thin ksamoa will go thru to the RWC go as oceania 2 because both tonga and samoa have played each other home and away but samoa has scored more points in their loss to tonga in tonga than Tonga did in their loss to samoa in samoa. I think this rule may apply (just like the 2011PNC)

User avatar
Posts: 1143
Joined: Thu, 26 Jun 2014, 05:56
Location: Zemo Vera, Tbilissi, GEORGIA

Re: Pacific Nations Cup 2017

Postby FLIDTA RISXVA » Tue, 11 Jul 2017, 06:30

Tie-Break from OCEANIA RUGBY MEDIA RELEASE

http://mailchi.mp/8f54b0d074fd/media-re ... cup-868645

The winner* of the match in which the two tied teams have played each other
* it is 1-1 between SAM and TON, so this para does NOT matter

The team which has the best difference between points scored for and points scored against in all their pool matches
:!: This is what matters: as it stands now SAM has +6, and TON -25

Hence, SAM have to just pick 1 COMP point -
EITHER score 4T AND NOT lose by 32,
OR simply lose WITHIN 7


(( and THEN ...

The team which has the best difference between tries scored for and tries scored against in all their pool matches
SAM =0, TON -2

The team which has scored most points in all their pool matches
SAM 72, TON 68

The team which has scored most tries in all its pool matches
SAM 6, TON 7

If none of the above produces a result, then it will be resolved with a toss of a coin ))

Posts: 278
Joined: Wed, 20 Aug 2014, 08:36
National Flag:
FijiFiji

Re: Pacific Nations Cup 2017

Postby Warpath » Thu, 13 Jul 2017, 05:04

Image

PreviousNext

Return to Rugby Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], CM, Google [Bot] and 11 guests