Tier 2 & 3 Rugby Forum

2017 World Rugby Under 20 Trophy

Posts: 1260
Joined: Wed, 16 Apr 2014, 22:26
National Flag:
CanadaCanada

2017 World Rugby Under 20 Trophy

Postby grande » Thu, 29 Jun 2017, 20:57

Pools have been drawn for Montevideo!

Pool A

Canada
Chile
Japan
Namibia

Pool B

Fiji
Hong Kong
Portugal
Uruguay

User avatar
Posts: 572
Joined: Thu, 28 Apr 2016, 14:02
Location: Las Canteras, Uruguay
National Flag:
UruguayUruguay

Re: 2017 World Rugby Under 20 Trophy

Postby NaBUru38 » Fri, 30 Jun 2017, 16:05

I wish to attend as many Teritos matches as possible.

User avatar
Posts: 467
Joined: Fri, 19 Feb 2016, 22:49
Location: Córdoba
National Flag:
ArgentinaArgentina

Re: 2017 World Rugby Under 20 Trophy

Postby argie » Sat, 01 Jul 2017, 00:18

FIXTURE

TUESDAY, AUGUST 29TH
1. Namibia vs Canada, 10:00 hs (Pool A)
2. Portugal vs Uruguay, 12:00 hos (Pool B)
3. Japan vs Chile, 14:00 hs (Pool A)
4. Fiji vs Hong Kong, 16:00 hs (Pool B)

SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 2ND
5. Portugal vs Hong Kong, 10:00 hs (Pool B)
6. Namibia vs Chile, 12:00 hs (Pool A)
7. Japan vs Canada, 14:00 hs (Pool A)
8. Uruguay vs Fiji, 16:00 hs (Pool B)

WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 6TH
9. Chile vs Canada, 10:00 hs (Pool A)
10. Uruguay vs Hong Kong, 12:00 hs (Pool B)
11. Fiji vs Portugal, 14:00 hs (Pool B)
12. Japan vs Namibia, 16:00 hs (Pool A)

SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 10TH
13. 4th of Pool "A" vs 4th of Pool "B", 10:00 hs (Match for the 7th and 8th spot)
14. 3rd of Pool "A" vs 3rd of Pool "B", 12:00 hs (Match for the 5th and 6th spot)
15. 2nd of Pool "A" vs 2nd of Pool "B", 14:00 hs (Match for the 3rd and 4th spot)
16. 1st of Pool "A" vs 1st of Pool "B", 16:00 hs (Match for the 1st and 2nd spot)

Posts: 1502
Joined: Sun, 20 Apr 2014, 16:57
Location: Leicester
National Flag:
Great BritainGreat Britain

Re: 2017 World Rugby Under 20 Trophy

Postby sk 88 » Fri, 07 Jul 2017, 20:19

You'd think Canada v Japan and Uruguay v Fiji would be the group deciders.

I fancy Fiji to go back up this year but I suppose Japan are the favourites?

Posts: 258
Joined: Sat, 26 Apr 2014, 07:43
National Flag:
JapanJapan

Re: 2017 World Rugby Under 20 Trophy

Postby Hinato » Fri, 07 Jul 2017, 21:05

sk 88 wrote:You'd think Canada v Japan and Uruguay v Fiji would be the group deciders.

I fancy Fiji to go back up this year but I suppose Japan are the favourites?


Grosse génération U20 japonaise avec les Shogo Nakano, Naoto Saito, Faulua Makisi, Shota Fukui, Taichi Mano, Kyohei Yamasawa, etc...

=> Surveillez de près Shogo Nakano (186 cm, 100 kg), celui que l'on surnomme le "Sonny Bill Williams" japonais, futur grand joueur au centre en sélection japonaise et Naoto Saito, excellent 1/2 de mêlée (copie de Fumiaki Tanaka) et qui est aussi très bon buteur!

User avatar
Posts: 572
Joined: Thu, 28 Apr 2016, 14:02
Location: Las Canteras, Uruguay
National Flag:
UruguayUruguay

Re: 2017 World Rugby Under 20 Trophy

Postby NaBUru38 » Tue, 15 Aug 2017, 13:19

Bump! The tournament starts in two weeks.

Posts: 851
Joined: Thu, 15 Dec 2016, 11:18
National Flag:
KenyaKenya

Re: 2017 World Rugby Under 20 Trophy

Postby Neptune » Tue, 15 Aug 2017, 15:02

Hinato wrote:
sk 88 wrote:You'd think Canada v Japan and Uruguay v Fiji would be the group deciders.

I fancy Fiji to go back up this year but I suppose Japan are the favourites?


Grosse génération U20 japonaise avec les Shogo Nakano, Naoto Saito, Faulua Makisi, Shota Fukui, Taichi Mano, Kyohei Yamasawa, etc...

=> Surveillez de près Shogo Nakano (186 cm, 100 kg), celui que l'on surnomme le "Sonny Bill Williams" japonais, futur grand joueur au centre en sélection japonaise et Naoto Saito, excellent 1/2 de mêlée (copie de Fumiaki Tanaka) et qui est aussi très bon buteur!

What are you saying Hinato?

Posts: 258
Joined: Sat, 26 Apr 2014, 07:43
National Flag:
JapanJapan

Re: 2017 World Rugby Under 20 Trophy

Postby Hinato » Tue, 15 Aug 2017, 15:15

Le groupe U20 japonais pour le World Rugby U20 Trophy 2017
http://www.japonrugby.net/le-groupe-u20 ... y-2017.php

Grande absence: Shogo Nakano (Waseda Univ.) blessé.

User avatar
Posts: 1300
Joined: Fri, 16 May 2014, 17:25
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
National Flag:
CanadaCanada

Re: 2017 World Rugby Under 20 Trophy

Postby Buffalo » Tue, 15 Aug 2017, 15:34

Neptune wrote:
Hinato wrote:
sk 88 wrote:You'd think Canada v Japan and Uruguay v Fiji would be the group deciders.

I fancy Fiji to go back up this year but I suppose Japan are the favourites?


Grosse génération U20 japonaise avec les Shogo Nakano, Naoto Saito, Faulua Makisi, Shota Fukui, Taichi Mano, Kyohei Yamasawa, etc...

=> Surveillez de près Shogo Nakano (186 cm, 100 kg), celui que l'on surnomme le "Sonny Bill Williams" japonais, futur grand joueur au centre en sélection japonaise et Naoto Saito, excellent 1/2 de mêlée (copie de Fumiaki Tanaka) et qui est aussi très bon buteur!

What are you saying Hinato?


My french is rusty so someone correct me if I'm wrong but he's saying this crop of Japanese U20s are a big one. And that Shogo Nakano, a particularly big lad, is nicknamed the Japanese Sonny Bill and is a big prospect for then at center while another kid to watch is Naoto Saito who's a Scrum-Half in the style of Fumiaki Tanaka and is also a good kicker.

Posts: 851
Joined: Thu, 15 Dec 2016, 11:18
National Flag:
KenyaKenya

Re: 2017 World Rugby Under 20 Trophy

Postby Neptune » Tue, 15 Aug 2017, 16:50

Buffalo wrote:
Neptune wrote:
Hinato wrote:
sk 88 wrote:You'd think Canada v Japan and Uruguay v Fiji would be the group deciders.

I fancy Fiji to go back up this year but I suppose Japan are the favourites?


Grosse génération U20 japonaise avec les Shogo Nakano, Naoto Saito, Faulua Makisi, Shota Fukui, Taichi Mano, Kyohei Yamasawa, etc...

=> Surveillez de près Shogo Nakano (186 cm, 100 kg), celui que l'on surnomme le "Sonny Bill Williams" japonais, futur grand joueur au centre en sélection japonaise et Naoto Saito, excellent 1/2 de mêlée (copie de Fumiaki Tanaka) et qui est aussi très bon buteur!

What are you saying Hinato?


My french is rusty so someone correct me if I'm wrong but he's saying this crop of Japanese U20s are a big one. And that Shogo Nakano, a particularly big lad, is nicknamed the Japanese Sonny Bill and is a big prospect for then at center while another kid to watch is Naoto Saito who's a Scrum-Half in the style of Fumiaki Tanaka and is also a good kicker.

Is French an official language in Japan, or what I'm I seeing here. We also need Google Translator here so that we can all understand each other. Thanks for the clarity Buffalo. You must be from Quebec. Good job.

User avatar
Posts: 1300
Joined: Fri, 16 May 2014, 17:25
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
National Flag:
CanadaCanada

Re: 2017 World Rugby Under 20 Trophy

Postby Buffalo » Tue, 15 Aug 2017, 18:19

Neptune wrote:
Buffalo wrote:
Neptune wrote:
Hinato wrote:
sk 88 wrote:You'd think Canada v Japan and Uruguay v Fiji would be the group deciders.

I fancy Fiji to go back up this year but I suppose Japan are the favourites?


Grosse génération U20 japonaise avec les Shogo Nakano, Naoto Saito, Faulua Makisi, Shota Fukui, Taichi Mano, Kyohei Yamasawa, etc...

=> Surveillez de près Shogo Nakano (186 cm, 100 kg), celui que l'on surnomme le "Sonny Bill Williams" japonais, futur grand joueur au centre en sélection japonaise et Naoto Saito, excellent 1/2 de mêlée (copie de Fumiaki Tanaka) et qui est aussi très bon buteur!

What are you saying Hinato?


My french is rusty so someone correct me if I'm wrong but he's saying this crop of Japanese U20s are a big one. And that Shogo Nakano, a particularly big lad, is nicknamed the Japanese Sonny Bill and is a big prospect for then at center while another kid to watch is Naoto Saito who's a Scrum-Half in the style of Fumiaki Tanaka and is also a good kicker.

Is French an official language in Japan, or what I'm I seeing here. We also need Google Translator here so that we can all understand each other. Thanks for the clarity Buffalo. You must be from Quebec. Good job.


No idea about Hinato and their Japanese/French posts, I've just grown used to them the last couple years. And I'm actually from Alberta which is about as different from Quebec as you can get hahaha. My dad was French Canadian though.

Posts: 603
Joined: Tue, 27 May 2014, 20:40
National Flag:
Great BritainGreat Britain

Re: 2017 World Rugby Under 20 Trophy

Postby Thomas » Tue, 15 Aug 2017, 20:29

Hinato wrote:Le groupe U20 japonais pour le World Rugby U20 Trophy 2017
http://www.japonrugby.net/le-groupe-u20 ... y-2017.php

Grande absence: Shogo Nakano (Waseda Univ.) blessé.


Large absence: Shogo Nakano (Waseda Univ.) injured.

Return to Rugby Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], mulu, Yahoo [Bot] and 9 guests