Tier 2 & 3 Rugby Forum

Americas Rugby

National Flag:
United StatesUnited States

Re: Americas Rugby

Postby Suiram » Tue, 24 Apr 2018, 17:07

From the statements this seems like largely a Pichot driven initiative. Putting someone that is passionate and focused in a role with authority

National Flag:
ArgentinaArgentina

Postby carbonero » Tue, 24 Apr 2018, 23:39

Dan Payne is pulling double duty. He replaces Agustín Pichot as chairman of Americas Rugby and Tom Jones as Americas Regional Manager. South America already has a regional manager in Santiago Ramallo.

Also, Rugby Americas was created in 2015 to run the Americas Rugby Championship. This year the organization will also oversee the Americas Rugby Challenge and the Americas Sevens Series. It doesn’t sit on top of the regional governing bodies: it’s just an entity where WR, RAN and SR negotiate and manage joint ventures.

National Flag:
AustraliaAustralia

Postby thatrugbyguy » Wed, 25 Apr 2018, 01:59

I would imagine things would change a little if RWC qualifiers were ever merged, which I think is more and more likely going to happen in the future. There's going to be very little need for separate regional bodies if the AR Championship expands to more than just the AR Challenge next year.

National Flag:
CanadaCanada

Postby grande » Wed, 25 Apr 2018, 14:19

Are there any details about the Americas Sevens Series yet?

National Flag:
UruguayUruguay

Postby NaBUru38 » Wed, 25 Apr 2018, 14:38

http://www.sudamericarugby.org/2018/04/ ... tiene-ceo/

World Rugby announced the appointment of Dan Payne as the first Executive Director of Rugby Americas.

Under the presidency of Agustín Pichot, Rugby Americas, which comprises representatives of Rugby Americas North and Sudamérica Rugby, promotes the development of elite inter-regional competitions and cooridantes intitiatives of continental development to guarantee that both regions get optimal results through collective work.

Agustín Pichot will continue as president of Rugby Americas.

National Flag:

Postby TheStroBro » Thu, 10 May 2018, 19:16

https://twitter.com/danpayne_USAR/statu ... 6576567296

Dean Howes is at the Rugby Americas Meetings...they always have these things in Miami...gotta get one of those jobs.

National Flag:

Postby TheStroBro » Mon, 18 Jun 2018, 00:48

Interesting talks in Houston. USAR is preparing for the ARC window to shift to the same as TRC. This will actually work ok with how the MLR schedule will evolve. It would also be cool if we improve enough to join TRC should RSA attempt it's full European Migration (read: implosion).

National Flag:
BrazilBrazil

Postby victorsra » Mon, 18 Jun 2018, 01:18

Interesting talks in Houston. USAR is preparing for the ARC window to shift to the same as TRC.

Remember I said this some months ago?
Brazilian Rugby News: www.portaldorugby.com.br

National Flag:
EnglandEngland

Postby Blurandski » Mon, 18 Jun 2018, 01:36

TheStroBro wrote:Interesting talks in Houston. USAR is preparing for the ARC window to shift to the same as TRC. This will actually work ok with how the MLR schedule will evolve. It would also be cool if we improve enough to join TRC should RSA attempt it's full European Migration (read: implosion).

Also considering that all other sides bar Canada are in the SH, it will enable them to call up all their best players.

National Flag:

Postby TheStroBro » Mon, 18 Jun 2018, 01:39

Blurandski wrote:
TheStroBro wrote:Interesting talks in Houston. USAR is preparing for the ARC window to shift to the same as TRC. This will actually work ok with how the MLR schedule will evolve. It would also be cool if we improve enough to join TRC should RSA attempt it's full European Migration (read: implosion).

Also considering that all other sides bar Canada are in the SH, it will enable them to call up all their best players.

It would still be a bit of a development tournament for us, which is ok.

National Flag:
AustraliaAustralia

Postby Working Class Rugger » Mon, 18 Jun 2018, 02:35

We'll see how SA fleshes out. I suspect if they do move north we'll still see them want to remain in the RC unless they are offered a place in an expanded 6N's tournament. Which I tend not to think will happen as SA is seen as a talent pool for a number of the northern leagues and them getting into the 6N's structure would vastly improve their financial clout and ability to compete.

That doesn't mean the Eagle couldn't get into the RC. If they continue to improve such as they are I could see them being fast-tracked into the RC as the 5th or even 6th team.

National Flag:

Postby Tobar » Mon, 18 Jun 2018, 04:34

victorsra wrote:
Interesting talks in Houston. USAR is preparing for the ARC window to shift to the same as TRC.

Stop trying to take rightful credit for something you did

National Flag:

Postby Tobar » Mon, 18 Jun 2018, 04:37

Blurandski wrote:

There aren’t really that many though to begin with. Argentina’s best players wouldn’t play for their XV side. Someone else can correct me but I don’t think Brazil or Chile have too many playing in Europe...I think a few in France.

National Flag:

Postby TheStroBro » Mon, 18 Jun 2018, 05:55

victorsra wrote:

Yeah...but they weren't talking about it up here at all. Just because you picked heads and the coin got flipped months later in your favor :D :lol:

National Flag:
BrazilBrazil

Postby victorsra » Mon, 18 Jun 2018, 12:32

Yeah...but they weren't talking about it up here at all. Just because you picked heads and the coin got flipped months later in your favor :D :lol:

:lol:

This was in their table since the start of the talks about the South American League creation. They are talking with North America about this since late 2017.

There aren’t really that many though to begin with. Argentina’s best players wouldn’t play for their XV side. Someone else can correct me but I don’t think Brazil or Chile have too many playing in Europe...I think a few in France.

More Chileans than Brazilians. There is 1 or 2 players in France and 1 in Spain that maybe could play for the Tupis. The thing is: the Tupis are professional players that train every day together now in a high performance centre. They have better training with the Tupis than with a French 3rd division club.

National Flag:
UruguayUruguay

Postby NaBUru38 » Mon, 18 Jun 2018, 15:00

Moving the Americas Rugby Championship to September-October is meant to help the North American rugby, not South American rugby.

National Flag:
UruguayUruguay

Postby qwerty » Tue, 21 Aug 2018, 21:23

Will there be streaming of the Americas Rugby Challenge?

National Flag:
AustraliaAustralia

Postby thatrugbyguy » Wed, 22 Aug 2018, 06:12

I imaging given the investment World Rugby has in the Americas they will be streaming it on their Youtube page like they did for the ARC. In fact I must say World Rugby have done a pretty good job in the last 12 months or so in providing coverage to a lot of internationals tournaments.

National Flag:
BrazilBrazil

Postby victorsra » Wed, 22 Aug 2018, 14:35

Meanwhile the South American Womens Sevens Championship has only 1 tournament/year and they are cutting costs using Valentin Martinez for that. They say the national Unions dont have money for a 2nd tournament... Pathetic excuse

National Flag:

Postby Tobar » Wed, 22 Aug 2018, 14:40

qwerty wrote:Will there be streaming of the Americas Rugby Challenge?

In Colombia the games will be broadcast on Win Sports. I have no idea what that means for everyone else from other countries, however when the Sudamerica 6 Naciones was taking place, each of the host countries' TV network aired the games on their Youtube page. I also hope WR will air the games, even if there is a geoblock. They should be looking to really promote this.

National Flag:

Postby TheStroBro » Wed, 22 Aug 2018, 15:34

USA Fixtures for Americas Pacific Challenge were released.

Postby 4N » Wed, 22 Aug 2018, 16:25

Saturday, October 6th 2018 (all times local)
11:00 - Argentina XV v Samoa A
13:30 - Tonga A v USA Selects
16:00 - Uruguay XV v Canada A

Wednesday, October 10th 2018
11:00 - Tonga A v Samoa A
13:30 - Argentina XV v Canada A
16:00 - Uruguay XV v USA Selects

Sunday, October 14th 2018
11:00 - Tonga A v Canada A
13:30 - Argentina XV v USA Selects
16:00 - Uruguay A v Samoa A

https://www.usarugby.org/2018/08/2018apc/

National Flag:
BrazilBrazil

Postby victorsra » Wed, 22 Aug 2018, 16:41

USA Fixtures for Americas Pacific Challenge were released.

Everybody's

National Flag:
BrazilBrazil

Postby victorsra » Wed, 22 Aug 2018, 16:55

I guess that is the never released Americas Rugby logo - berween World Rugby logo and Colombia Rugby logo.

National Flag:

Postby Tobar » Wed, 22 Aug 2018, 18:29

The games actually start later in the day, around 1 or 2 local time. Idk why it says 9 past the first day because that is the time of the press meeting.

Paul Tait said it will be available to watch on YouTube, just waiting for final confirmation of where.

PreviousNext

Return to Rugby Forum