Re: Americas Rugby

Postby victorsra » Wed, 12 Sep 2018, 19:32

Yes. 2020 everything changes.
Brazilian Rugby News: www.portaldorugby.com.br

National Flag:
ArgentinaArgentina

Postby carbonero » Wed, 12 Sep 2018, 22:06

victorsra wrote:I talked to the Brazilian Rugby Union on Monday and they told me that it is a possibility to have in 2020 a cup between LAR and MLR best teams in June. This means both LAR and MLR running from February to May/early June.

Just listened to your radio show. The president of the CBRu board sounded pretty skeptical about the league. He said that World Rugby would have not only to provide funding but also bring in some of their own sponsors for the league to happen. Did you get the same vibe or was it just my rudimentary Portuguese?

PS: Nice news about the Tupis. I think they won’t change the name.

National Flag:
BrazilBrazil

Postby victorsra » Wed, 12 Sep 2018, 22:10

Yes! On Monday we had the general meeting and on Tuesday our radio/podcast show. The information I posted about the league's calendar came from the CEO on Monday, while the president was indeed a bit cautious about talking about the league. I agree with you!

Anyone that understands Spanish can try to listen to our interview with Eduardo Mufarej, CBRu's president. It was very interesting: http://www.portaldorugby.com.br/noticia ... mesoval122

National Flag:
United StatesUnited States

Postby TheStroBro » Thu, 13 Sep 2018, 00:01

carbonero wrote:
victorsra wrote:I talked to the Brazilian Rugby Union on Monday and they told me that it is a possibility to have in 2020 a cup between LAR and MLR best teams in June. This means both LAR and MLR running from February to May/early June.

Just listened to your radio show. The president of the CBRu board sounded pretty skeptical about the league. He said that World Rugby would have not only to provide funding but also bring in some of their own sponsors for the league to happen. Did you get the same vibe or was it just my rudimentary Portuguese?

PS: Nice news about the Tupis. I think they won’t change the name.

Yeah, they're getting additional HP grants to pay players. But I highly doubt WR is funding the operations. This is gonna be sponsor driven.

National Flag:

Postby Tobar » Fri, 14 Sep 2018, 15:06

The Dropped Kick-Off (Aussie Podcast) interview with Paul Tait from ARN. Talking the preview of Australia-Argentina and a general Americas rugby overview. It's mostly about TRC matchup but at around 26 mins they start talking about the ARC, LAR, MLR etc.

http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/?p=118110

National Flag:

Postby Tobar » Mon, 24 Sep 2018, 13:21

Americas Rugby Challenge post-tournament video, interviews with players and coaches

https://youtu.be/mbmNezeTw4k

National Flag:
BrazilBrazil

Postby victorsra » Tue, 25 Sep 2018, 16:02

With RAN Sevens https://rugbyamericasnorth.com/events/r ... 4d30a-3db9 the Pan American Games - Lima 2019 have 7 out of 8 teams:

- Canada
- USA
- Argentina
- Uruguay
- Chile
- Jamaica
- Guyana
- TBD in May or June 2019, during the South American Olympics Qualy tournament - venue TBA (I hope Brazil)

Odd that Peru has no spot. They received only a womens tournament spot.

Jamaica got the RAN's 2019 Hong Kong Sevens spot.

National Flag:

Postby Tobar » Tue, 25 Sep 2018, 16:34

So how are teams decided for this? Guyana and Jamaica are definitely not on the same level as Brazil or even Colombia (who they lost to in the CACSA games)

National Flag:
BrazilBrazil

Postby victorsra » Tue, 25 Sep 2018, 17:15

3 best teams of the 2015 Pan-American Games: CAN, USA, ARG
2 best teams of the 2018 South American Games: URU, CHL
2 best teams of RAN Sevens: JAM, GUY
1 extra team from South America TBD in 2019 (during the Olympics Qualy tournament): BRA or PAR or COL or PER... (these teams I am sure will be there....)

National Flag:
UruguayUruguay

Postby NaBUru38 » Thu, 18 Oct 2018, 17:31

Rugby Americas XV will play the Glendale Raptors on October 27 at Infinity Park.

The team will feature players from Canada, Uruguay, Brazil and Chile.

National Flag:

Postby TheStroBro » Thu, 18 Oct 2018, 19:01

NaBUru38 wrote:Rugby Americas XV will play the Glendale Raptors on October 27 at Infinity Park.

The team will feature players from Canada, Uruguay, Brazil and Chile.

Important to not that the Rugby Americas XV will be selected from players that attend the Rugby Americas Combine that takes place from 22-26 October in Glendale.

National Flag:
ArgentinaArgentina

Postby carbonero » Mon, 05 Nov 2018, 20:59

2019 Americas Rugby Championship schedule confirmed > http://www.americasrugbynews.com/2018/1 ... confirmed/

- They added one rest weekend.

- Canada will play one of their home games in Seattle.

- Brazil, Chile and Uruguay don’t move from their capitals.

- Argentina XV returns to Patagonia with games in Neuquén and Cipolletti. Both cities are adjacent to each other. No stadiums this time around. Neuquen RC will host Brasil and Marabunta RC will host USA.

- The Uruguay game is set for Velez before Jaguares.

National Flag:

Postby Coloradoan » Mon, 05 Nov 2018, 22:05

USA home matches being hosted at MLR stadiums, possibly as double-headers with MLR? Either way, good to see Seattle getting its first test this century.

National Flag:
BrazilBrazil

Postby victorsra » Tue, 06 Nov 2018, 03:03

carbonero wrote:2019 Americas Rugby Championship schedule confirmed > http://www.americasrugbynews.com/2018/1 ... confirmed/

- Brazil, Chile and Uruguay don’t move from their capitals.

Biggest cities you mean :lol:

The rest weekend is great, but it should be between rounds 3 and 4 and not between rounds 2 and 3 IMO.

Are there stands at Marabunta RC? Is it a proper stadium?

National Flag:
ArgentinaArgentina

Postby carbonero » Tue, 06 Nov 2018, 03:28

Sorry, my bad. Yeah, no proper stadium in the first two fixtures.

National Flag:

Postby TheStroBro » Tue, 06 Nov 2018, 05:23

Coloradoan wrote:USA home matches being hosted at MLR stadiums, possibly as double-headers with MLR? Either way, good to see Seattle getting its first test this century.

The First two yes as their both on Saturday, not sure about the Canada match since it's a Friday.

National Flag:

Postby Tobar » Tue, 06 Nov 2018, 13:30

Coloradoan wrote:USA home matches being hosted at MLR stadiums, possibly as double-headers with MLR? Either way, good to see Seattle getting its first test this century.

Yes I’m very happy to see Seattle and Houston get these matches, more Seattle though because this is a direct result of the fans showing up for all the matches with some passion and fire. Houston has hosted a few games already but this is bringing a test match to the new stadium they’re investing in. Just goes to show, if you want a test match then either invest in the infrastructure or show up to games.

National Flag:
UruguayUruguay

Postby NaBUru38 » Wed, 07 Nov 2018, 15:49

carbonero wrote: The Uruguay game is set for Velez before Jaguares.

I'd like to attend it.

National Flag:
UruguayUruguay

Postby NaBUru38 » Wed, 07 Nov 2018, 15:51

So the ARC will be played again on February-March, rather than move to July-September.

When will the MLR start?

National Flag:
CanadaCanada

Postby Buffalo » Wed, 07 Nov 2018, 16:39

NaBUru38 wrote:So the ARC will be played again on February-March, rather than move to July-September.

When will the MLR start?

Well there’s a World Cup next year that would kinda interfere with a summer schedule.

http://www.americasrugbynews.com/compet ... gue-rugby/
MLR regular season runs from late January to June. Then I suspect teams will have their International players move on to their National teams camps for July and August.

National Flag:

Postby TheStroBro » Wed, 07 Nov 2018, 19:30

NaBUru38 wrote:So the ARC will be played again on February-March, rather than move to July-September.

When will the MLR start?

It was never moving this year. MLR starts 26 January, so the ARC runs for five weeks during the MLR season. NT players are supposed to be released to clubs during the bye week supposedly. Moving the ARC in a World cup year would not have given the WC qualified teams max preparation matches before warmups.

The question is whether the ARC moves in 2020 which is last year of the current contract between the Unions and WR.

USA will play in the PNC as part of WC Warmups.

Previous

Return to Rugby Forum