Tier 2 & 3 Rugby Forum

Americas Rugby

National Flag:
AustraliaAustralia

Re: Americas Rugby

Postby Working Class Rugger » Thu, 20 Dec 2018, 06:40

Sables4EVA wrote:Just a quick note so the thread can get back to being about rugby:

Italian people have the same regional accents as the English and my mother who is born and bred Italian but lived in an English country since she was a teenager (50+years) says Italian people struggle to understand her as she now has a very strong foreign accent to her Italian.

Same for my mother. She's lived in Australia for 35 years now which is longer than she lived in Ireland but every time we go back or a relative comes here there comment on how Aussie her accent is. It's not. At least to our ears but they all seem to think so.

National Flag:
United StatesUnited States

Postby Tobar » Thu, 20 Dec 2018, 15:04

Same with my Aunt. She's from Belfast but after living here for as long as your mother has lived in Australia she's considered a Yank and with an American accent. I can definitely hear a difference between her and her siblings (who sound like Rory Best with a thicker accent) but she by no means sounds American.

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Postby Sony D » Sun, 30 Dec 2018, 15:45

Hy
are there any new signing of Brazilian Players to the Major League Rugby League besides Josh Reeves to Utah? I have counted a lot of Uruguayans and some Chilean Players...?? Or do you know any reason why not?

National Flag:
BrazilBrazil

Postby victorsra » Sun, 30 Dec 2018, 18:59

None
Brazilian Rugby News: www.portaldorugby.com.br

National Flag:
United StatesUnited States

Postby Tobar » Mon, 31 Dec 2018, 04:13

Apparently the 2019 ARCh will be in Colombia again and the remaining teams have yet to be confirmed. According to ARN, the RAN teams will be the top 2 qualified so if that’s the case it would be Mexico and Trinidad and Tobago. I suppose I find it odd to be played in Colombia again but since they have a pretty strong union considering their size along with a decent stadium they may want to reward it again. Seems a bit unfair for the other countries but I’m not complaining.

http://www.americasrugbynews.com/2018/1 ... e-in-2019/

National Flag:
UruguayUruguay

Postby qwerty » Mon, 31 Dec 2018, 15:52

It was already decided since before the first tournament that the first two editions would be in Colombia. I saw it in some interview.

Previous

Return to Rugby Forum