Tier 2 & 3 Rugby Forum

Americas Rugby

Posts: 1895
Joined: Thu, 23 Feb 2017, 01:37
National Flag:
United StatesUnited States

Re: Americas Rugby

Postby TheStroBro » Tue, 23 Apr 2019, 16:51

It doesn't align with Canada's either. But they just kind of do it. Sent their U20s on a tour to Europe in the winter. That was also funded from philanthropy. If we had some big time donors that focused on youth pathways rather than Eagles 7s we might be doing more stuff at that level. But our current Donor Class, the Golden Eagles spends money on Men's 7s. The new donor group, Eagles XVs Club is meant to support senior and age grade teams but they're nowhere near the membership level of the Golden Eagles yet.

Posts: 5893
Joined: Thu, 17 Apr 2014, 02:51
Location: São Paulo
National Flag:
BrazilBrazil

Re: Americas Rugby

Postby victorsra » Thu, 27 Jun 2019, 18:49

http://colombia.rugby/wp-content/upload ... 3wwOplfDds

Americas Rugby Challenge 2019 confirmed. It will be again in Colombia involving Colombia, Paraguay, Mexico and newcommers Cayman Islands.

Round 1 - August 25th: COL vs CAY, PAR vs MEX
Round 2 - August 28th: PAR vs CAY, COL vs MEX
Round 3 - August 31st: MEX vc CAY, COL vs PAR
Brazilian Rugby News: www.portaldorugby.com.br

Posts: 1483
Joined: Thu, 06 Apr 2017, 17:09
National Flag:
United StatesUnited States

Re: Americas Rugby

Postby Tobar » Fri, 28 Jun 2019, 18:54

Oof...3 games in 6 days. They couldn't at least do Saturday to Sunday?

Posts: 5565
Joined: Sat, 05 Jul 2014, 02:44
National Flag:
AustraliaAustralia

Re: Americas Rugby

Postby thatrugbyguy » Sat, 29 Jun 2019, 05:13

Tough schedule.

Posts: 5893
Joined: Thu, 17 Apr 2014, 02:51
Location: São Paulo
National Flag:
BrazilBrazil

Re: Americas Rugby

Postby victorsra » Wed, 04 Sep 2019, 02:25

Not sure if everybody saw Sudamerica Rugby chairman Sebastián Piñeyrua's last interview https://www.elobservador.com.uy/nota/li ... 1982919157

He said the 2020 Americas Rugby Championship will be played from August 15th to September 15th. Well, just checked, August 15th is indeed a Saturday, but September 15th is a Tuesday. As the ARC currently is played in a 6 weekends period, it will probably end on September 19th.
Brazilian Rugby News: www.portaldorugby.com.br

Posts: 1483
Joined: Thu, 06 Apr 2017, 17:09
National Flag:
United StatesUnited States

Re: Americas Rugby

Postby Tobar » Tue, 03 Dec 2019, 18:50

Americas Rugby officially changes to Southern Hemisphere calendar. ARC moved to August and lined up with ARCh.

https://www.usa.rugby/2019/12/rugby-ame ... ut-region/

Posts: 5893
Joined: Thu, 17 Apr 2014, 02:51
Location: São Paulo
National Flag:
BrazilBrazil

Re: Americas Rugby

Postby victorsra » Tue, 03 Dec 2019, 19:24

Wasn't it wiser to have all USA home matches in August?
Brazilian Rugby News: www.portaldorugby.com.br

Posts: 586
Joined: Wed, 11 Jun 2014, 07:45
National Flag:
ArgentinaArgentina

Re: Americas Rugby

Postby carbonero » Tue, 03 Dec 2019, 19:41

Their three home games are in August

Posts: 5893
Joined: Thu, 17 Apr 2014, 02:51
Location: São Paulo
National Flag:
BrazilBrazil

Re: Americas Rugby

Postby victorsra » Tue, 03 Dec 2019, 19:45

Sorry, I forgot they write in the opposite way.
Brazilian Rugby News: www.portaldorugby.com.br

Posts: 1895
Joined: Thu, 23 Feb 2017, 01:37
National Flag:
United StatesUnited States

Re: Americas Rugby

Postby TheStroBro » Tue, 03 Dec 2019, 19:55

victorsra wrote:Wasn't it wiser to have all USA home matches in August?



So much Summer Rugby up here. Gonna be interesting.

Posts: 5893
Joined: Thu, 17 Apr 2014, 02:51
Location: São Paulo
National Flag:
BrazilBrazil

Re: Americas Rugby

Postby victorsra » Tue, 03 Dec 2019, 20:14

That's pretty much what we were talking some months ago was set to happen.
Brazilian Rugby News: www.portaldorugby.com.br

Posts: 1483
Joined: Thu, 06 Apr 2017, 17:09
National Flag:
United StatesUnited States

Re: Americas Rugby

Postby Tobar » Tue, 03 Dec 2019, 21:05

victorsra wrote:Sorry, I forgot they write in the opposite way.


"Opposite way"

What day is it today? December 3rd, 2019. 12/03/19. Any other way is just backwards.

I get into plenty of fights with my fiancee about this. I will concede that Celsius makes more sense but will never ever ever believe that dd/mm/yyyy makes more sense. I really hope this doesn't create another unnecessary debate :lol: .

User avatar
Posts: 2240
Joined: Tue, 15 Apr 2014, 18:36
National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Re: Americas Rugby

Postby iul » Tue, 03 Dec 2019, 21:08

Tobar wrote:
victorsra wrote:Sorry, I forgot they write in the opposite way.


"Opposite way"

What day is it today? December 3rd, 2019. 12/03/19. Any other way is just backwards.

I get into plenty of fights with my fiancee about this. I will concede that Celsius makes more sense but will never ever ever believe that dd/mm/yyyy makes more sense. I really hope this doesn't create another unnecessary debate :lol: .

Dd/mm/yyyy makes more sense because the measuring units are in increasig order. It starts with the smallest unit, then the bigger one, then the biggest one.

Posts: 586
Joined: Wed, 11 Jun 2014, 07:45
National Flag:
ArgentinaArgentina

Re: Americas Rugby

Postby carbonero » Tue, 03 Dec 2019, 21:14

Victor was talking about the @. Outside of the US, the home team goes first.

Posts: 1483
Joined: Thu, 06 Apr 2017, 17:09
National Flag:
United StatesUnited States

Re: Americas Rugby

Postby Tobar » Tue, 03 Dec 2019, 21:17

carbonero wrote:Victor was talking about the @. Outside of the US, the home team goes first.


Oh yeah, that's something that always confused me too. Yeah, I'll fight that fight too - home team on the bottom because it's Away Team @ Home Team so makes sense.

iul wrote:
Tobar wrote:
victorsra wrote:Sorry, I forgot they write in the opposite way.


"Opposite way"

What day is it today? December 3rd, 2019. 12/03/19. Any other way is just backwards.

I get into plenty of fights with my fiancee about this. I will concede that Celsius makes more sense but will never ever ever believe that dd/mm/yyyy makes more sense. I really hope this doesn't create another unnecessary debate :lol: .

Dd/mm/yyyy makes more sense because the measuring units are in increasig order. It starts with the smallest unit, then the bigger one, then the biggest one.


I've heard that before, doesn't change my opinion at all. Don't know why that matters. My mind doesn't think about that when I'm figuring out the date.

Posts: 5893
Joined: Thu, 17 Apr 2014, 02:51
Location: São Paulo
National Flag:
BrazilBrazil

Re: Americas Rugby

Postby victorsra » Tue, 03 Dec 2019, 22:24

:lol:

All rugby's world writes first home team :P Pretty much everybody except USA.

I need to remember that and pay more attention. No debate! :D
Brazilian Rugby News: www.portaldorugby.com.br

Posts: 101
Joined: Sat, 25 Apr 2015, 17:39
National Flag:
ChileChile

Re: Americas Rugby

Postby Amargo » Wed, 04 Dec 2019, 06:11

Tobar wrote:
victorsra wrote:Sorry, I forgot they write in the opposite way.


"Opposite way"

What day is it today? December 3rd, 2019. 12/03/19. Any other way is just backwards.


You do realize that there are 6000 languages in the world?

There's no need to have a debate because you're the only speaking in terms of "making more sense". There are different ways of being a human being and more the most par of it they are just a product of randomness, not of making sense.

Posts: 5565
Joined: Sat, 05 Jul 2014, 02:44
National Flag:
AustraliaAustralia

Re: Americas Rugby

Postby thatrugbyguy » Wed, 04 Dec 2019, 06:30

I know Americans have done many things simply to be different from everyone else in the world, but I am never going to understand the whole '@' thing with sports schedules. It makes zero sense for the away team to be listed first.

Posts: 350
Joined: Sun, 21 May 2017, 09:02
National Flag:
PolandPoland

Re: Americas Rugby

Postby rey200 » Wed, 04 Dec 2019, 12:51

"Opposite way"

What day is it today? December 3rd, 2019. 12/03/19. Any other way is just backwards.

I get into plenty of fights with my fiancee about this. I will concede that Celsius makes more sense but will never ever ever believe that dd/mm/yyyy makes more sense. I really hope this doesn't create another unnecessary debate :lol: .

Dd/mm/yyyy makes more sense because the measuring units are in increasig order. It starts with the smallest unit, then the bigger one, then the biggest one.


I've heard that before, doesn't change my opinion at all. Don't know why that matters. My mind doesn't think about that when I'm figuring out the date.


Well, it confuses me all the time, because almost all other "western" countries have dd/mm/yyyy. And in Britain it's also 3 December and not vice versa. But still, your point stands, because I'd say it is right from a linguistic point of view.
I'd still say opposite, just because I'm used to something different and I was also taught British english at school (since I left I tend to use my own version, very sorry!)
BTW what version do Canadians use? Sorry for the OT ^^
Ceterum censeo Sex Nationes esse augendas.

Posts: 1483
Joined: Thu, 06 Apr 2017, 17:09
National Flag:
United StatesUnited States

Re: Americas Rugby

Postby Tobar » Wed, 04 Dec 2019, 13:28

Canadians use more of a British version of English. They're a rather silly group of people.

Posts: 1483
Joined: Thu, 06 Apr 2017, 17:09
National Flag:
United StatesUnited States

Re: Americas Rugby

Postby Tobar » Wed, 04 Dec 2019, 13:29

thatrugbyguy wrote:I know Americans have done many things simply to be different from everyone else in the world, but I am never going to understand the whole '@' thing with sports schedules. It makes zero sense for the away team to be listed first.


Really? How so? I mean, this is completely subjective and there doesn't seem to be tons of logic behind it for either side (again, it's not like Celsius which is objectively easier to follow) but just curious how this makes no sense to you.

Posts: 5893
Joined: Thu, 17 Apr 2014, 02:51
Location: São Paulo
National Flag:
BrazilBrazil

Re: Americas Rugby

Postby victorsra » Wed, 04 Dec 2019, 14:50

About dd/mm/yyyy in Latin languages it is that way that makes sense as we speak (using Portuguese, but the others are the same) like "4 de dezembro de 2019". It doesn't exist "Dezembro 4 de 2019", so mm/dd//yyyy is weird for us. But in English obviously you speak in a different order ;)
Brazilian Rugby News: www.portaldorugby.com.br

Posts: 1895
Joined: Thu, 23 Feb 2017, 01:37
National Flag:
United StatesUnited States

Re: Americas Rugby

Postby TheStroBro » Wed, 04 Dec 2019, 15:04

Tobar wrote:
thatrugbyguy wrote:I know Americans have done many things simply to be different from everyone else in the world, but I am never going to understand the whole '@' thing with sports schedules. It makes zero sense for the away team to be listed first.


Really? How so? I mean, this is completely subjective and there doesn't seem to be tons of logic behind it for either side (again, it's not like Celsius which is objectively easier to follow) but just curious how this makes no sense to you.


Fahrenheit plenty easy to follow...100F makes more sense than 35C :D

Posts: 1895
Joined: Thu, 23 Feb 2017, 01:37
National Flag:
United StatesUnited States

Re: Americas Rugby

Postby TheStroBro » Wed, 04 Dec 2019, 15:04

Tobar wrote:
thatrugbyguy wrote:I know Americans have done many things simply to be different from everyone else in the world, but I am never going to understand the whole '@' thing with sports schedules. It makes zero sense for the away team to be listed first.


Really? How so? I mean, this is completely subjective and there doesn't seem to be tons of logic behind it for either side (again, it's not like Celsius which is objectively easier to follow) but just curious how this makes no sense to you.


Fahrenheit plenty easy to follow...100F makes more sense than 35C :D

Posts: 5893
Joined: Thu, 17 Apr 2014, 02:51
Location: São Paulo
National Flag:
BrazilBrazil

Re: Americas Rugby

Postby victorsra » Wed, 04 Dec 2019, 15:20

:lol: Why? 0ºC is the pretty logical

But the only temperature that REALLY makes sense is Kelvin. Period :P
Brazilian Rugby News: www.portaldorugby.com.br

PreviousNext

Return to Rugby Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot] and 8 guests