Tier 2 & 3 Rugby Forum

New U20 tournament for 6 Nations, Georgia, Romania

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Re: New U20 tournament for 6 Nations, Georgia, Romania

Postby fullbackace » Sat, 15 Jul 2017, 03:41

thatrugbyguy wrote:There seems to be a lot of heat in this thread. Can someone fill me in as to what the issues are?

People having mental age of 12 year olds.
Don't Pray For Easy lives, Pray for enough Beer!

National Flag:
ScotlandScotland

Postby Bruce_ma_goose » Sat, 15 Jul 2017, 08:41

With Samoa losing this morning Romania has risen to 15th in the world. They are dying in style!

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby Bogdan_DC » Sat, 15 Jul 2017, 09:52

It will be a huge accomplishment if 2 REC countries will overcome Italy in ranking. We have our chance this autumn.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby Bogdan_DC » Sat, 15 Jul 2017, 10:15

Bruce_ma_goose wrote:With Samoa losing this morning Romania has risen to 15th in the world. They are dying in style!

:))

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby Kiroshi » Sat, 15 Jul 2017, 15:26

thatrugbyguy wrote:There seems to be a lot of heat in this thread. Can someone fill me in as to what the issues are?

The usual Romanian Rugby Apocalypse that just doesn't start already. ;)

Postby 4N » Sat, 15 Jul 2017, 15:40

Bruce_ma_goose wrote:With Samoa losing this morning Romania has risen to 15th in the world. They are dying in style!

Ignores the fair points others have raised about lack of young Romanian talent coming through (pretty relevant to an U20 thread) and the senior Oaks' revival since importing a backline.

Romanian posters, who are your good U18/U20 talents to look out for? Any Gela Aprasidze types? Maybe outsiders will see the potential in Romania U20 if they start becoming familiar with some of the prospects.

National Flag:
ScotlandScotland

Postby Bruce_ma_goose » Sat, 15 Jul 2017, 16:20

There is young talent making its way into the Romanian side and they are being incorporated into the senior side aged 20-22 in the past 12 successful months. As an outsider I think Romania is doing okay with youth development despite poor results recently.

The obvious one to look out for is Tudor Boldor. A 19 year old fly half for Steaua. He is so young who can say if he will fully develop but he seems quite composed, has a good boot and is quite mobile. At times seeing him this season I thought I was seeing someone really quite special.

Postby ultravioletu » Sat, 15 Jul 2017, 16:28

@4N: yeah, Romania did not have quite the results lately at junior level. Yeah, the stubborn refusal of the Oaks to go down the way of the repeatedly predicted apocalyptic downfalls is partly due to the backline implants.

But so what?

What has fairness to do to with the private club "6N"? I can imagine the blazer brigade in Dublin calling up an emergency meeting on Monday: "Gentlemen, we invited Romania, but you see, 4N from the t2 forum feels it's rather unfair, so it HAS to have been shortsighted. Let's revert that - John, go pen the letter, please".

And, last but not least: for the hater brigade around here that uses again and again any opportunity, with or without valid reason, to gang up on Romania, I have only four words: go suck a lemon. Or get a life, if that is still possible.

Postby 4N » Sat, 15 Jul 2017, 16:39

Bruce_ma_goose wrote:There is young talent making its way into the Romanian side and they are being incorporated into the senior side aged 20-22 in the past 12 successful months. As an outsider I think Romania is doing okay with youth development despite poor results recently.

The obvious one to look out for is Tudor Boldor. A 19 year old fly half for Steaua. He is so young who can say if he will fully develop but he seems quite composed, has a good boot and is quite mobile. At times seeing him this season I thought I was seeing someone really quite special.

I just scanned the ages of their XV vs Canada last month. Only two under age 27, mostly 30+. Six imports.

Spoiler:
30*
30*

30*
30*
27*
29*

Honestly hope it works out for Romania U20, because with the increasing residency period and aging national side, Romanian rugby desperately needs good prospects coming through.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby datodato » Sat, 15 Jul 2017, 17:01

Bruce_ma_goose wrote:As an outsider I think Romania is doing okay with youth development despite poor results recently.

Eh.. what? Don't read too much "amz" or "ultravioletu" postings or soon you might believe that Romania is doing very well in 7s and will win in Tokio in 2019 despite their poor results recently.

ultravioletu wrote:...for the hater brigade around here that uses again and again any opportunity, with or without valid reason, to gang up on Romania...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EL8e2ujXe8g

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby Bogdan_DC » Sat, 15 Jul 2017, 17:13

@4n i will make a list but you are ready to read it? For example Chirica, Simionescu or Popa already played for Oaks&Superliga. Iftimciuc, Boldor, Lamboiu,Hartig already playing in Superliga.A lot of U18-20 already playing in National Division. This transition is a huge advantage for young players if you really want to SEE THAT. Yes they dont have a press like Aprasidze who really is a Very talented young man but also Macovei&co doesn't and still beat Gorgodze&co.

National Flag:
ScotlandScotland

Postby Bruce_ma_goose » Sat, 15 Jul 2017, 17:18

I've actually watched a fair amount of Superliga and all Romanian international matches in the past 12 months. I struggle with names / spellings but Popa, Stratila and Simionescu were all young backs and all played in the last month for the senior Romanian side (not 100% on Popa, but he played last year). All of them aquitted themselves well but are too young to be making first choice players in my opinion.

This announcement is perfect timing for Romania as with residency being extended to 5 years they will need to shift some of the priority more towards youth development anyway.

Anyone wishing the decline of Romanian rugby is going to have a very disappointing next 10 years if they can keep their Superliga afloat and have it fully professional.

Postby 4N » Sat, 15 Jul 2017, 17:25

Yes I have seen Simionescu and Popa and they are quality. Need a few more to go along with them.

As far as Superliga goes, it has a similar standard to Russia's league. Both countries need more to improve, especially at academy level (though somehow Russia is often better than Romania at junior level). Obviously inclusion in any type of tournament with the 6N will be a shot in the arm for Romania.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby Bogdan_DC » Sat, 15 Jul 2017, 18:07

Of course, everybody knows that playing with the best is worst thing can happen. Saturday evening, you should have a pint or two but you prefer spitting your hate over here.

Postby 4N » Sat, 15 Jul 2017, 18:23

Just facts, no hate. Not Saturday night where I am but you enjoy yours. :)

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby RugbyPUBtbilisi » Sat, 15 Jul 2017, 18:33

Bogdan_DC wrote:Macovei&co doesn't and still beat Gorgodze&co.

Please tell me that you realize that Gorgodze is world star and Macovei is regular flanker. If you dont than its not a place for you to argue.

God damn Kvirikashvili's boot and that goalpost. 5cm and this talk would never happen. I guess another destructive scoreline must be shown in 2018REC and Gorgodze will play that match.
40+ points or this only 1 point victory for 7 years will overcome last years's 38-9. Georgia scored 14 tries against romania's 2, in the last 7 years, winning 7 matches, 1 draw and famous 8-7 victory of the Oaks.

It is not fair for Georgia and Romania to have exclusive spot in this tournament, last place team must relegate and other U20 must be promoted to keep rugby as a sport not elite club.

Georgia U20 is ready for any match and i dobt think that Young lelos will loose to Italy, Scotland, Wales or Ireland. Any team finishing last must be replaced.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby Kiroshi » Sat, 15 Jul 2017, 19:59

RugbyPUBtbilisi wrote:
Bogdan_DC wrote:Macovei&co doesn't and still beat Gorgodze&co.

Please tell me that you realize that Gorgodze is world star and Macovei is regular flanker. If you dont than its not a place for you to argue.

God damn Kvirikashvili's boot and that goalpost. 5cm and this talk would never happen. I guess another destructive scoreline must be shown in 2018REC and Gorgodze will play that match.
40+ points or this only 1 point victory for 7 years will overcome last years's 38-9. Georgia scored 14 tries against romania's 2, in the last 7 years, winning 7 matches, 1 draw and famous 8-7 victory of the Oaks.

It is not fair for Georgia and Romania to have exclusive spot in this tournament, last place team must relegate and other U20 must be promoted to keep rugby as a sport not elite club.

Georgia U20 is ready for any match and i dobt think that Young lelos will loose to Italy, Scotland, Wales or Ireland. Any team finishing last must be replaced.

You do realize that Vlaicu also missed a lot of points that day right? If Vlaicu scored all his kickable shots we would have beaten you by a larger margin.
Yes Gorgodze is a world star and got his ass kicked by the regular flanker Macovei & co.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby RugbyPUBtbilisi » Sat, 15 Jul 2017, 21:35

It is not last match betwwen Lelos and Oaks. 2018-... lets see how future matches will end. And will Romania take an Antim cup ones more in thus decade or will they wait for 2020th for that.

I believe Gorgodzila will play his last cap in Tbilisi against Romania and will kick everyones ass ones more.

Anyways its funny how 1 point victory can boost a fake confidence and make unreal plans.
By the way congrats to Romania you guys have Samoa in the group and Japan with perfect shape. Hope this time you will take part in pressing 6N.

This championship will start and will be great to watch how both teams perform. At least 1 of tgem will fit in. )

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby sandro » Sat, 15 Jul 2017, 22:26

Come on you guys what is all this fuzz about? This tournament has proved that Georgia and Romania will only be considerd by the 6N together! We are side on side in this battle! Every Georgian and Romanian win in the WC will be a victory for our common cause! Our riverly is fine and makes our games more spicey, but after that we are partners. I hope Romania wins all it's matches (execpt against Georgia offcourse)

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby sandro » Sat, 15 Jul 2017, 22:46

Ps: how long are we going to talk about that match? The result is set 9-8 the game is over Romania won because they where the team who wanted to win more.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby Kiroshi » Sun, 16 Jul 2017, 07:06

sandro wrote:Come on you guys what is all this fuzz about? This tournament has proved that Georgia and Romania will only be considerd by the 6N together! We are side on side in this battle! Every Georgian and Romanian win in the WC will be a victory for our common cause! Our riverly is fine and makes our games more spicey, but after that we are partners. I hope Romania wins all it's matches (execpt against Georgia offcourse)

I agree. Since WR and 6N don't give a damn about us, we should have a rival-partner and not a rival-enemy type of rivalry.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby amz » Sun, 16 Jul 2017, 10:40

datodato wrote:
Bruce_ma_goose wrote:As an outsider I think Romania is doing okay with youth development despite poor results recently.

Eh.. what? Don't read too much "amz" or "ultravioletu" postings or soon you might believe that Romania is doing very well in 7s and will win in Tokio in 2019 despite their poor results recently.

I wanted to avoid answering to you or any Georgian post (you have a strange way to see sports trough simple maths, it doesn't work like that). But since you mention me...I don't know from where you got that with 7s, I never claimed such a thing and certainly I didn't posted in the manner you are suggesting. This is slander and I expected moderation team to do its work and not dismiss such provocative posts

4N wrote:I just scanned the ages of their XV vs Canada last month. Only two under age 27, mostly 30+. Six imports.

Spoiler:
30*
30*

30*
30*
27*
29*

Did you bothered to look at the bench?

Did you also bothered to see how many debuts of young players were in last two years? Are you aware that Popa debuted vs Canada last year with a solid performance and it didn't looked bothered at all? It doesn't look as talent is lacking and as a footnote not all talent is in the frontrow ;) Also I wouldn't rate Turashvili as import, he was playing here his entire senior career and he is Romanian citizen from quite some time.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby datodato » Sun, 16 Jul 2017, 12:28

amz wrote:I wanted to avoid answering to you or any Georgian post...

To quote George Orwell: You must try harder, it is not easy to become sane.

amz wrote:you have a strange way to see sports trough simple maths, it doesn't work like that.

It's also called "facts" and it works wonders. From the Oxford Dictionary of English for you: fact - (Noun) a thing that is known or proved to be true.

amz wrote:Also I wouldn't rate Turashvili as import, he was playing here his entire senior career and he is Romanian citizen from quite some time.

I admire the fact that you accept him as one of your own and he is doing a great job and seems to love playing for Romania, which is great for both. But since he was born in Georgia and didn't went to Romania as a young kid or so, he is still an "import" (which by the way is an insensitive term to describe human but I think I also used it unfortunately).

amz wrote:and as a footnote not all talent is in the frontrow ;)

Cheeky comment eh. Here is a list of Georgian talent who are not frontrow players:

Machaladze, Aprasidze, Abzhandadze, Modebadze, Spanderashvili, Lobzhanidze, Sharikadze, Matiashvili, Giorgadze, Gorgadze, Koshadze, Mchedlidze, Tsutskiridze...

And as a footnote: Not having having any talents means also not having any talents in the frontrow. ;) Simple math again.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby Bogdan_DC » Sun, 16 Jul 2017, 12:38

I make a list of players but you,4N& others just ignored this and keeping up with your conclusion.Why I even bother to answer you?Not gonna happen again.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby amz » Sun, 16 Jul 2017, 13:23

datodato wrote:
amz wrote:I wanted to avoid answering to you or any Georgian post...

To quote George Orwell: You must try harder, it is not easy to become sane.

You are taking it out of context. Bolshevik approach...old habits die hard.

datodato wrote:
amz wrote:Also I wouldn't rate Turashvili as import, he was playing here his entire senior career and he is Romanian citizen from quite some time.

I admire the fact that you accept him as one of your own and he is doing a great job and seems to love playing for Romania, which is great for both. But since he was born in Georgia and didn't went to Romania as a young kid or so, he is still an "import" (which by the way is an insensitive term to describe human but I think I also used it unfortunately).

He become a senior player here, I think he was 21 when he come in Romania, he's citizen and is married with a Romanian. He named his son Antim to underline his wish to develop the relationship between our countries which shows he although become a citizen he don't forget his roots. You know, beside our proud rugby tradition we have another proud tradition, we are a Latin people and trough our entire history we had the conscience of being part of a great civilization. Romans used to have a word, ubi bene ibi patria. I don't value ethnicity much but I do value the capacity of an individual to adhere at a set of values so being born in Georgia for me carries little meaning. He would have played for Romania even if the period would have been raised to 5 years earlier. Import of not, he fit in here not only as a sportsman but also as a citizen and we do value this, regardless of his ethnicity.

Anyway I find laughable this attitude of counting imports of Romania, it's not like we have tons of $$$ to throw on this, I wonder why nobody is doing this when watching France, Scotland, Ireland, England etc. At least we don't have project players, we only select what clubs are signing, nothing more. How many imports BIL had? And you find this as a problem for Romania...isn't this silly?

datodato wrote:Machaladze, Aprasidze, Abzhandadze, Modebadze, Spanderashvili, Lobzhanidze, Sharikadze, Matiashvili, Giorgadze, Gorgadze, Koshadze, Mchedlidze, Tsutskiridze...

I did expressed my surprise that many of the players you listed hardly get game time at test level. Also some of them aren't anything special so just listing Georgian squad here doesn't impress me much. Some of them failed to play abroad or in a professional league despite being 24 yo so I don't see what you want to prove.

This being said, I wonder why moderators don't check your username closer, I remember it appeared at an Antim brawl while one of the posters here was banned. The only reason you post here is to slander and offend Romanian posters and I do wonder how much you will be allowed to continue.

Without mods intervention or not, you are a shame for Georgian posters and trough your attitude you devalue Georgian fans image. Luckily we are grown up enough to not associate you with Lelos. :)

PreviousNext

Return to Rugby Forum