2017-18 Continental Shield

National Flag:
EnglandEngland

Re: 2017-18 Continental Shield

Postby Blurandski » Mon, 14 May 2018, 16:29

STMKY wrote:
RugbyLiebe wrote:
http://www.5-jahres-wertung.de/APD/Online/5JW.php
I loved this page. Not something to show around at parties, but a simple and great overview of the 5-year-ranking.
The flaw of your cumulated ranking is that, you can't really tell the years. I remember it and still think it is a great overview to begin with.

We do not need to make the system too complicated. Just count the points for the last 5 seasons. This will really reflect the level of teams. We need two ratings: the rating of the clubs and the rating of the championships.

It doesn't reflect the strength of performances in the Challenge cup though, which is arguably the most important bit of it. I've had a go at creating a system that reflects the strength of the Russians.

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby STMKY » Mon, 14 May 2018, 16:45

Blurandski wrote:
It doesn't reflect the strength of performances in the Challenge cup though, which is arguably the most important bit of it. I've had a go at creating a system that reflects the strength of the Russians.

The Challenge Cup is still another tournament. Although if you consider the Continental Shield of the Challenge Cup qualifications, then I agree. But it is necessary that the EPCR approved this form officially.

National Flag:
EnglandEngland

Postby Blurandski » Mon, 14 May 2018, 17:04

STMKY wrote:
Blurandski wrote:

The Challenge Cup is still another tournament. Although if you consider the Continental Shield of the Challenge Cup qualifications, then I agree. But it is necessary that the EPCR approved this form officially.

True, it would be quite nice if the EPCR implemented something like this for all of European club rugby, for if you left enough points for the Champions cup the top 3 would rarely be threatened.

Previous

Return to Rugby Forum