Tier 2 & 3 Rugby Forum

Frustrated with Rugby cartel

Posts: 307
Joined: Wed, 15 Mar 2017, 09:56
National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Re: Frustrated with Rugby cartel

Postby Bogdan_DC » Wed, 26 Jul 2017, 10:58

iul wrote:The stereotype is based on reality. Boys and girls, men and women have different interests naturally.

Yes and reality it is a conclusion of this kind of induce stereotypes: buying to your little girl pink clothes, watching ballet, making a soft sport etc. Anyway this is far away from the original thread so let's move on.

Posts: 52
Joined: Sun, 21 May 2017, 06:04
National Flag:
KenyaKenya

Re: Frustrated with Rugby cartel

Postby SANE17 » Wed, 26 Jul 2017, 11:12

Bogdan_DC wrote:
iul wrote:The stereotype is based on reality. Boys and girls, men and women have different interests naturally.

Yes and reality it is a conclusion of this kind of induce stereotypes: buying to your little girl pink clothes, watching ballet, making a soft sport etc. Anyway this is far away from the original thread so let's move on.


What's wrong with little pink cloths for girls. Do you want same for boyz? :lol: :lol:

Posts: 52
Joined: Sun, 21 May 2017, 06:04
National Flag:
KenyaKenya

Re: Frustrated with Rugby cartel

Postby SANE17 » Wed, 26 Jul 2017, 11:20

iul wrote:The stereotype is based on reality. Boys and girls, men and women have different interests naturally.


Fact! Not everything was socially induced as some would want us to believe. Nature plays a big role in determining roles. An army is active combat would never send an all women battalion in the war front just to prove a point! Anyway, back to cartels.

Posts: 213
Joined: Tue, 12 Apr 2016, 14:19
National Flag:
WalesWales

Re: Frustrated with Rugby cartel

Postby sammo » Wed, 26 Jul 2017, 11:24

With regard to female army units; https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women%2 ... tion_Units

Very famous Kurdish all-female fighting unit

With regard to 'pink for girls blue for boys'; http://jezebel.com/5790638/the-history- ... e-for-boys

Blue was originally for girls and pink for boys, what an unnatural horror that must have been!! /s
Last edited by sammo on Wed, 26 Jul 2017, 11:27, edited 1 time in total.

Posts: 1609
Joined: Tue, 06 Oct 2015, 22:54
National Flag:
SpainSpain

Re: Frustrated with Rugby cartel

Postby Armchair Fan » Wed, 26 Jul 2017, 11:24

SANE17 wrote:
Bogdan_DC wrote:
iul wrote:The stereotype is based on reality. Boys and girls, men and women have different interests naturally.

Yes and reality it is a conclusion of this kind of induce stereotypes: buying to your little girl pink clothes, watching ballet, making a soft sport etc. Anyway this is far away from the original thread so let's move on.


What's wrong with little pink cloths for girls. Do you want same for boyz? :lol: :lol:

Why not? You may have a Stade Français fan in the making.

Posts: 307
Joined: Wed, 15 Mar 2017, 09:56
National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Re: Frustrated with Rugby cartel

Postby Bogdan_DC » Wed, 26 Jul 2017, 11:34

Armchair Fan wrote:
SANE17 wrote:
Bogdan_DC wrote:
iul wrote:The stereotype is based on reality. Boys and girls, men and women have different interests naturally.

Yes and reality it is a conclusion of this kind of induce stereotypes: buying to your little girl pink clothes, watching ballet, making a soft sport etc. Anyway this is far away from the original thread so let's move on.


What's wrong with little pink cloths for girls. Do you want same for boyz? :lol: :lol:

Why not? You may have a Stade Français fan in the making.

Actually pink is pretty popular in rugby lately: SF, Bulls, Glasgow Warriors,etc.
And more interesting facts about sport and pink: http://thevisualcommunicationguy.com/20 ... n-inmates/

Posts: 1609
Joined: Tue, 06 Oct 2015, 22:54
National Flag:
SpainSpain

Re: Frustrated with Rugby cartel

Postby Armchair Fan » Wed, 26 Jul 2017, 11:39

Current Spanish champions...
Image

Posts: 2774
Joined: Thu, 17 Apr 2014, 02:51
Location: São Paulo
National Flag:
BrazilBrazil

Re: Frustrated with Rugby cartel

Postby victorsra » Wed, 26 Jul 2017, 14:33

Pink is popular for men in many places. Social pink shirts are common here and I know Italians appreciate too. BTW, not just rugby recently. Italian soccer club Palermo is pink and Juventus has used it as an away kit. And since the gothic/metal culture emergence decades ago dark colours for women are very cool :D
Brazilian Rugby News: www.portaldorugby.com.br

Posts: 1408
Joined: Wed, 14 Oct 2015, 13:30
National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Re: Frustrated with Rugby cartel

Postby RugbyLiebe » Wed, 26 Jul 2017, 15:02

How did we come from a rugby cartel to a gender discussion?
Can we please go back to accuse the Home Nations of bad sportsmanship ;-)
How to grow rugby worldwide?
Look at the world ranking in July. Teams ranked 1-10 have to play one team from 11-20 (they don't play in a regular competition) away the next year. 11-20 play 21-30 away and so on. Yes, it really is that simple.

Posts: 307
Joined: Wed, 15 Mar 2017, 09:56
National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Re: Frustrated with Rugby cartel

Postby Bogdan_DC » Wed, 26 Jul 2017, 15:10

RugbyLiebe wrote:How did we come from a rugby cartel to a gender discussion?
Can we please go back to accuse the Home Nations of bad sportsmanship ;-)


It's getting better&better: Home Nations are to blame for pink kits also!

Posts: 206
Joined: Sun, 31 Aug 2014, 11:36
National Flag:
PakistanPakistan

Re: Frustrated with Rugby cartel

Postby jservuk » Wed, 26 Jul 2017, 20:45

Getting back to the original subject, the main thrust of my post was the lack of effort in actually doing some real promotional work by the established unions and clubs.

There is a real lack of missionary zeal among these organisations. I find it sickening the bi-annual corporate scrum-along that is the Lions, I don't even watch the 6N because it does not serve the greater rugby public, Far too often rugby is inward looking, looking out for vested interests in the name of tradition.

It only cares about the global sport come RWC or Olympics purely out of greed, and the tendency to refer to new territories as "Markets" is frankly insulting to people who genuinely love the sport.

If they were genuinely wanting to grow the game, they would have regular tours to new frontiers.

They are happy to send the Web Ellis trophy to Germany in RWC year, but won't send a couple of teams to play exhibition matches.

Posts: 424
Joined: Thu, 23 Feb 2017, 01:37
National Flag:
United StatesUnited States

Re: Frustrated with Rugby cartel

Postby TheStroBro » Wed, 26 Jul 2017, 21:40

I was hyped about the Lions. The issue you run into say having them tour Pakistan is you'd have professionals on the field murdering amateur players.

Now...after 10 years of professional play in the United States they better send a Lions tour to North America.

Posts: 1408
Joined: Wed, 14 Oct 2015, 13:30
National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Re: Frustrated with Rugby cartel

Postby RugbyLiebe » Thu, 27 Jul 2017, 08:36

jservuk wrote:
They are happy to send the Web Ellis trophy to Germany in RWC year, but won't send a couple of teams to play exhibition matches.


This is actually consistent. They just went to Germany because of their German sponsors. Not to promote anything to the public.
How to grow rugby worldwide?
Look at the world ranking in July. Teams ranked 1-10 have to play one team from 11-20 (they don't play in a regular competition) away the next year. 11-20 play 21-30 away and so on. Yes, it really is that simple.

User avatar
Posts: 226
Joined: Mon, 21 Sep 2015, 15:38
National Flag:
Great BritainGreat Britain

Re: Frustrated with Rugby cartel

Postby Bolaroid » Thu, 27 Jul 2017, 08:41

Bruce_ma_goose wrote:Canada have had way more Tier1 tests than Georgia over the years. The situation has only recently been addressed due to the likes of Pichot and the move for Tier1 tests to be allocated against the highest ranking Tier2s.

I think Canada have had very favourable treatment over the years, but whether that is more to do with "Empire" or simply geographic proximity to the USA I couldn't say.

Yeah, but Georgia have only become "good" fairly recently i.e. they have been closer to the top table for a longer period.
Last edited by Bolaroid on Thu, 27 Jul 2017, 08:50, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Posts: 226
Joined: Mon, 21 Sep 2015, 15:38
National Flag:
Great BritainGreat Britain

Re: Frustrated with Rugby cartel

Postby Bolaroid » Thu, 27 Jul 2017, 08:48

jservuk wrote:Getting back to the original subject, the main thrust of my post was the lack of effort in actually doing some real promotional work by the established unions and clubs.

There is a real lack of missionary zeal among these organisations. I find it sickening the bi-annual corporate scrum-along that is the Lions, I don't even watch the 6N because it does not serve the greater rugby public, Far too often rugby is inward looking, looking out for vested interests in the name of tradition.

It only cares about the global sport come RWC or Olympics purely out of greed, and the tendency to refer to new territories as "Markets" is frankly insulting to people who genuinely love the sport.

If they were genuinely wanting to grow the game, they would have regular tours to new frontiers.

They are happy to send the Web Ellis trophy to Germany in RWC year, but won't send a couple of teams to play exhibition matches.

Indeed, the Lions should've had a couple of warm-up tests against Germany.

There is a lack of "missionary zeal" as you put it, it's all about short-term profit. In fairness, some of them can't afford any more than to focus on that, but the RFU certainly can.

Posts: 1329
Joined: Thu, 17 Apr 2014, 09:18
Location: Bucharest
National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Re: Frustrated with Rugby cartel

Postby amz » Thu, 27 Jul 2017, 10:36

LOL why would Lions play warmp-ups in Germany before countries like Argentina, Japan, Romania, Georgia, US?

Posts: 249
Joined: Thu, 26 Jun 2014, 11:52
National Flag:
PortugalPortugal

Re: Frustrated with Rugby cartel

Postby suofficer » Thu, 27 Jul 2017, 11:15

Lions v Georgia at Twickenham or a "Rugby Europe XV"

User avatar
Posts: 226
Joined: Mon, 21 Sep 2015, 15:38
National Flag:
Great BritainGreat Britain

Re: Frustrated with Rugby cartel

Postby Bolaroid » Thu, 27 Jul 2017, 13:02

amz wrote:LOL why would Lions play warmp-ups in Germany before countries like Argentina, Japan, Romania, Georgia, US?

Those sides might beat us first up, Argentina came bloody close in '05, can't be having that.

Besides what could be better than watching the Brits hammer the Germans again? Perfect send-off. :P

User avatar
Posts: 464
Joined: Sat, 05 Jul 2014, 11:27

Re: Frustrated with Rugby cartel

Postby ihateblazers » Fri, 28 Jul 2017, 04:46

dropkick wrote:

The old cartel as you call it is battling ever increasing costs. Why shouldn't they look after themselves first?


And you think these soccer clubs are visiting asia to make the little children happy? Yeah right. Its for business reasons.


The increasing costs faced by the cartel are caused by their own decisions to centralise their systems. If they didn't put the professional side on their expenses and focused on administering the game and organising national team most of the unions expenses would half.

Tier 2 shouldn't have to suffer because the so many T1 nations are so incompetent and conservative.

Posts: 1408
Joined: Wed, 14 Oct 2015, 13:30
National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Re: Frustrated with Rugby cartel

Postby RugbyLiebe » Fri, 28 Jul 2017, 07:47

amz wrote:LOL why would Lions play warmp-ups in Germany before countries like Argentina, Japan, Romania, Georgia, US?


Before Romania and Georgia.
Because:
- 80 million people (where even the lowest class has an income way over the average income in countries like Romania and Georgia).
- 4th biggest economy in the world
- many German companies sponsor rugby

Before Argentina, USA and Japan.
- No jetlag.
- Chance for every Lion's supporter to see an affordable away game. The last away game of the Lion's on European soil was 1989 against France (if I am not wrong).

Not saying that everyone of those mentioned should get a game, but this answers your question, why Germany, from an economical and strategic view, would make sense
How to grow rugby worldwide?
Look at the world ranking in July. Teams ranked 1-10 have to play one team from 11-20 (they don't play in a regular competition) away the next year. 11-20 play 21-30 away and so on. Yes, it really is that simple.

Posts: 307
Joined: Wed, 15 Mar 2017, 09:56
National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Re: Frustrated with Rugby cartel

Postby Bogdan_DC » Fri, 28 Jul 2017, 08:26

Bonus reason: in which sport Brits can ship over 100+ to Germany (except cricket)?

Posts: 1329
Joined: Thu, 17 Apr 2014, 09:18
Location: Bucharest
National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Re: Frustrated with Rugby cartel

Postby amz » Fri, 28 Jul 2017, 08:38

RugbyLiebe wrote:- many German companies sponsor rugby


Than it seems it is like a bad investment considering those "many" companies come from the 4th economy yet the return from rugby it is so small.

Posts: 1408
Joined: Wed, 14 Oct 2015, 13:30
National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Re: Frustrated with Rugby cartel

Postby RugbyLiebe » Fri, 28 Jul 2017, 09:20

Bogdan_DC wrote:Bonus reason: in which sport Brits can ship over 100+ to Germany (except cricket)?


Apparently this doesn't seem to be that tempting as we never ever played a Home Nation in 15s. :lol:
But I've seen two World Cup participants losing in Germany and not even a year has passed. You might remember one particular game 8-)

amz wrote:
RugbyLiebe wrote:- many German companies sponsor rugby

Than it seems it is like a bad investment considering those "many" companies come from the 4th economy yet the return from rugby it is so small.


I have not the slightest idea what you really want to say with that.
If you question many, than I have to reply that Allianz, DHL, BMW, Adidas, Capri Sun are just five international players (Capri Sun is way bigger than just the drink) who warrant "many" in my eyes. They don't sponsor necessary German rugby, but international rugby.
How many Romanian companies sponsor international rugby?
How to grow rugby worldwide?
Look at the world ranking in July. Teams ranked 1-10 have to play one team from 11-20 (they don't play in a regular competition) away the next year. 11-20 play 21-30 away and so on. Yes, it really is that simple.

Posts: 1329
Joined: Thu, 17 Apr 2014, 09:18
Location: Bucharest
National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Re: Frustrated with Rugby cartel

Postby amz » Fri, 28 Jul 2017, 10:06

I counted like 4-5 with Romanian capital on FRR's page. Depends what you count as Romanian, Orange how is it considered? It is registered here so I'd count it as Romanian.

What I wanted to say is that many companies sponsorship isn't exactly reflected in the level of rugby and much of the sponsorship goes for other markets than Germany...for example Volvo sponsors southern hemisphere competitions/clubs but I didn't see Sweden claiming to play home nations. Allianz Arena is built in UK for the respective market, not for the German one and examples can continue. As for that defeat you keep mention every time I disagree with you ;), a year before Oaks put 60 pts on about the same team so I wonder how many points Lions would be able to score. Look I don't say Germany didn't improved lately but your claim to play Lions for warm up is based on fictional facts.. ;)

After all, we all know that without Capri Sun XV German rugby would suffer a lot (we have no idea here wtf is Capri Sun tbh).

Posts: 307
Joined: Wed, 15 Mar 2017, 09:56
National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Re: Frustrated with Rugby cartel

Postby Bogdan_DC » Fri, 28 Jul 2017, 10:10

Yep, one of them just waiting with great interest for this game in 2018 :).

@amz may refer to the fact that didn't look like this companies invest in rugby IN GERMANY with great effect.Of course except Capri Sun.

Dacia is the sponsor of this competition https://sponsorship.org/dacias-rugby-fo ... rtainment/ I wish them invest in Romania but commercial reasons are behind for sure...

PreviousNext

Return to Rugby Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: A_FlyingMegaKiwi and 11 guests