Tier 2 & 3 Rugby Forum

Namibia vs Kenya Saturday 29th July 2017

National Flag:
KenyaKenya

Namibia vs Kenya Saturday 29th July 2017

Postby Neptune » Sun, 23 Jul 2017, 04:25

The Kenya Simbas are now in high spirits after coming from an away win defeating our African brothers the Zimbabwe Sables.
The Sables put up a good fight, but in the end the Simbas had a happy hunting day and won with a bonus. Kudos to the Sables for being good hosts.
As the Simbas head to Windhoek, they know the Welschwistas will provide a mammoth battle, but quoting Simbas captain Wilson K'opondo, the team is
up to the task.

Date: 29th July 2017
Venue: Hague Geinghob stadium Windhoek Namibia
Time : 6pm (E.A.T) East African Time
Team lists: Coming up shortly
Twitter handle :#SimbaniMoja Swahili for (The lion is one pack)

National Flag:
KenyaKenya

Re: Namibia vs Kenya Saturday 29th July 2017

Postby Neptune » Sun, 23 Jul 2017, 04:41

To watch the game, please follow these instructions carefully
1. Log into your facebook account
2. Search for Kwese sports and go to their facebook page.
3. Click on the page and enlargen it to watch full screeen.

NB: Residents of the following countries can watch it as an (F.T.A) - Free to Air channel on their T.V screens.
Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, Burundi, Zimbabwe, Botswana, Namibia, Zambia, Angola, Malawi, Ghana and Nigeria.

National Flag:
KenyaKenya

Postby SANE17 » Sun, 23 Jul 2017, 05:19

Neptune wrote:To watch the game, please follow these instructions carefully

NB: Residents of the following countries can watch it as an (F.T.A) - Free to Air channel on their T.V screens.
Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, Burundi, Zimbabwe, Botswana, Namibia, Zambia, Angola, Malawi, Ghana and Nigeria.

Regarding the Facebook page, many people complained yesterday that it was not pinned even though I messaged Kwese & they insisted the live stream has been pinned on the same page. Had no problem watching previous week matches on the same page. Since I cannot watch through FTA (outside the covered countries), I may miss out on the gold cup ''finals'' this weekend (Kenya vs Namibia).

National Flag:
KenyaKenya

Postby Neptune » Sun, 23 Jul 2017, 05:35

SANE17 wrote:

Regarding the Facebook page, many people complained yesterday that it was not pinned even though I messaged Kwese & they insisted the live stream has been pinned on the same page. Had no problem watching previous week matches on the same page. Since I cannot watch through FTA (outside the covered countries), I may miss out on the gold cup ''finals'' this weekend (Kenya vs Namibia).

I think there is some miscommunication somwhere. On facebook, Kwese seem to have three pages. Kwese free sports, Kwese TV and Kwese sports. Best be safe and check all three if you want to watch the game. Otherwise, I see no other tangible reason the game might not be aired. Asante.

National Flag:
ZimbabweZimbabwe

Postby Sables4EVA » Sun, 23 Jul 2017, 08:30

The Simbas will be getting full support from the Zimbabwean side, we need Namibia to fall off the top of the table, next years World Cup qualifying will be more interesting if not so many games are played in Windhoek.

National Flag:
KenyaKenya

Postby SANE17 » Sun, 23 Jul 2017, 11:32

Sables4EVA wrote:The Simbas will be getting full support from the Zimbabwean side, we need Namibia to fall off the top of the table, next years World Cup qualifying will be more interesting if not so many games are played in Windhoek.

Indeed! Namibia need to play in Harare & Nairobi next year.

National Flag:
ScotlandScotland

Postby Bruce_ma_goose » Sun, 23 Jul 2017, 13:40

SANE17 wrote:

I spent quite some time searching for Saturdays games on Kwese Facebook and twitter. The only thing I could find was an advert for the games being shown. When I eventually found a link (through twitter I think) it did not work and Facebook suggested it might be geo-locked. Even when I tried to trick my computer into thinking it was in Kenya through VPN the link would not work.

I'd consider myself pretty computer literate and it left me scratching my head. Hopefully it was straightforward for those of you viewing in Africa. I had no problem viewing Kenya vs Uganda live.

National Flag:
New ZealandNew Zealand

Postby Natal » Mon, 24 Jul 2017, 04:27

SANE17 wrote:
Sables4EVA wrote:The Simbas will be getting full support from the Zimbabwean side, we need Namibia to fall off the top of the table, next years World Cup qualifying will be more interesting if not so many games are played in Windhoek.

Indeed! Namibia need to play in Harare & Nairobi next year.

I can't be certain, but I don't think there's any guarantee of that. My understanding of the competition format is that the top three teams are guaranteed three home games, whereas the bottom three only get two (hence this year's structure). It would be quite different from the European Six Nations, then, where home advantage simply alternates by year.

So, one wonders if the top team this year will be given a favourable draw next year. If they follow the same principles in 2018, then there is a lot at stake in the game between Uganda and Zimbabwe: it basically decides who gets an extra home game next year.

National Flag:
KenyaKenya

Postby Neptune » Mon, 24 Jul 2017, 04:53

Thank you Sables4EVA, :) Namibia needs to fall and fall hard. The over domination and monopoly of Namibia representing Africa in XVs rugby, should change. We need the tide to shift to other countries, and so far, Kenya has the best shot at doing that. Hopefully, Louvrens Van der Merwe doesn't ref the game. He is a Namibian in South African colours. I hope Rasta Rashivenge gets to ref it. He is the most sensical and the best ref i have come across so far, giving teams to compete fairly.

National Flag:
KenyaKenya

Postby Neptune » Mon, 24 Jul 2017, 05:06

Bruce_ma_goose wrote:
SANE17 wrote:

I spent quite some time searching for Saturdays games on Kwese Facebook and twitter. The only thing I could find was an advert for the games being shown. When I eventually found a link (through twitter I think) it did not work and Facebook suggested it might be geo-locked. Even when I tried to trick my computer into thinking it was in Kenya through VPN the link would not work.

I'd consider myself pretty computer literate and it left me scratching my head. Hopefully it was straightforward for those of you viewing in Africa. I had no problem viewing Kenya vs Uganda live.

Hi Bruce_ma_goose, Im sincerely sorry about that. Kwese could have been having some technical problems that Saturday. Tricking your computer that it is in Nairobi Kenya by changing the VPN, was actually very smart of you. :lol: , Although, re- routing it to Bulawayo Zimbabwe, would have been much easier, coz the game was also being played there. :lol: . Anyway, I am sure they have heard those complaints, and will be spot on in airing the next game in Windhoek. :) All the best to the Kenya Simbas.

NB: You can also follow the twitter handle #SimbaNiMoja

National Flag:
KenyaKenya

Postby Neptune » Fri, 28 Jul 2017, 07:19

James Kilonzo the MVP player for the concluded Kenya Cup season, and who was to debut for the Simbas this year will be honoured at the Namibia - Kenya clash.
So sad, so much talent just down the drain. :cry:
http://www.kru.co.ke/news/minute-of-sil ... r-kilonzo/

National Flag:
KenyaKenya

Postby Neptune » Fri, 28 Jul 2017, 11:43

Kenya Simbas squad unchanged for final clash in Windhoek.
http://www.kru.co.ke/news/simbas-unchan ... encounter/

National Flag:
Faroe IslandsFaroe Islands

Postby Ser Podrick of Payne » Fri, 28 Jul 2017, 12:22

Namibië:

15 Chrysander Botha, 14 Johann Tromp, 13 Justin Newman, 12 JC Greyling, 11 David Philander, 10 Cliven Loubser, 9 Damian Stevens, 8 Wian Conradie, 7 Janco Venter, 6 Rohan Kitshoff (kapt), 5 Ruan Ludick, 4 Mahepisa Tjeriko, 3 Aranos Coetzee, 2 Louis van der Westhuizen, 1 Casper Viviers.

Reserwes: 16 Obert Nortjé, 17 Collen Smith, 18 AJ de Klerk, 19 Max Katjijeko, 20 Christo van der Merwe, 21 Eugene Jantjies, 22 Theuns Kotzé, 23 Lesley Klim, 24 Thomasau Forbes, 25 Gino Wilson.

National Flag:
AustraliaAustralia

Postby thatrugbyguy » Sat, 29 Jul 2017, 01:49

Hoping for a Kenyan win to boost their chances next year. No disrespect to the Namibian team but I'm sick of seeing the same teams qualify.

National Flag:
KenyaKenya

Postby Neptune » Sat, 29 Jul 2017, 07:32

thatrugbyguy wrote:Hoping for a Kenyan win to boost their chances next year. No disrespect to the Namibian team but I'm sick of seeing the same teams qualify.

Thank you thatrugbyguy. :) , we are all tired of the status quo, but as I said earlier hopefully Namibia will play fair and not try to influence decisions through Rugby Afrique. We always have a handicap due to Namibia's heavy connections to rugby afrique. They set the venues, the times and the dates to face their opponents. From an observers perspective, I could actually say Namibia are bank rolling rugby Afrique and Rugby Afrique bow down to anything they say, but although it is not prooven, it seems that way.

National Flag:
KenyaKenya

Postby SANE17 » Sat, 29 Jul 2017, 11:45

Neptune wrote:
thatrugbyguy wrote:Hoping for a Kenyan win to boost their chances next year. No disrespect to the Namibian team but I'm sick of seeing the same teams qualify.

Thank you thatrugbyguy. :) , we are all tired of the status quo, but as I said earlier hopefully Namibia will play fair and not try to influence decisions through Rugby Afrique. We always have a handicap due to Namibia's heavy connections to rugby afrique. They set the venues, the times and the dates to face their opponents. From an observers perspective, I could actually say Namibia are bank rolling rugby Afrique and Rugby Afrique bow down to anything they say, but although it is not prooven, it seems that way.

There's alot of anticipation from my side. It's been 3 years since we lifted the cup. Today's bonus win will ensure the cup & hopefully hosting rights next year against Namibia.

National Flag:
KenyaKenya

Postby Neptune » Sat, 29 Jul 2017, 12:05

SANE17 wrote:
Neptune wrote:

There's alot of anticipation from my side. It's been 3 years since we lifted the cup. Today's bonus win will ensure the cup & hopefully hosting rights next year against Namibia.

I would just like everyone from the globe to watch the game, and feel free to point out any irregularities that you may see. I don't want to be pessimistic, but with Namibia, there is always something fishy.

National Flag:
Faroe IslandsFaroe Islands

Postby Ser Podrick of Payne » Sat, 29 Jul 2017, 17:13

Final score: Namibia 45-7 Kenya

It could just be that Namibia are the best Africa team after South Africa, no matter how much wish another team was ;)

National Flag:
KenyaKenya

Postby Neptune » Sat, 29 Jul 2017, 17:25

Congratulations to Namibia. Well played. The Simbas live to fight another day. Now, I hope Namibia will come to Nairobi next year. Next up Hong Kong in Nairobi

National Flag:
AustraliaAustralia

Postby thatrugbyguy » Sun, 30 Jul 2017, 01:06

Well, something needs to be done then moving forward. Africa was the only region in the world that was pretty open and competitive for World Cup qualification but that appears to no longer be the case. We're basically all but guaranteed to have the exact same teams qualify for 2019 and as far as I'm concerned that's not good enough. Since 2003 we've had a grand total of 3 teams make debuts at the world cup. We may as well not bother with qualifiers at this point. i'm sick of seeing the exact same teams in every world cup.

National Flag:
KenyaKenya

Postby SANE17 » Sun, 30 Jul 2017, 02:02

thatrugbyguy wrote:Well, something needs to be done then moving forward. Africa was the only region in the world that was pretty open and competitive for World Cup qualification but that appears to no longer be the case. We're basically all but guaranteed to have the exact same teams qualify for 2019 and as far as I'm concerned that's not good enough. Since 2003 we've had a grand total of 3 teams make debuts at the world cup. We may as well not bother with qualifiers at this point. i'm sick of seeing the exact same teams in every world cup.

You're right somehow. As things stand, Namibia chances for WC automatic slot seems secured. However, with a young Kenyan, inexperienced team assembled only weeks before Germany game, they still have a chance to cause an upset next year.

Postby Raven » Mon, 31 Jul 2017, 11:41

thatrugbyguy wrote:Well, something needs to be done then moving forward. Africa was the only region in the world that was pretty open and competitive for World Cup qualification but that appears to no longer be the case. We're basically all but guaranteed to have the exact same teams qualify for 2019 and as far as I'm concerned that's not good enough. Since 2003 we've had a grand total of 3 teams make debuts at the world cup. We may as well not bother with qualifiers at this point. i'm sick of seeing the exact same teams in every world cup.

I hear you loud and clear, but despite it also bugs me personally a bit, I think it´s not a bad thing that the level is enhanced at the biggest rugby event. Back in the day bulky results would be a common thing between Tier 1 and Tier 2/3 countries, and those margins have been narrowed in recent WCs (surprises like Tonga beating France in RWC2011, Japan vs South Africa in RWC2015) partly because of the experience the WC gives to certain teams that might not have that in any other regular competition.

However, I wouldn´t cross out a surprise on either the Oceania v Europe Play Off and / or the Repechage...

Return to Rugby Forum