Tier 2 & 3 Rugby Forum

11 November: Georgia vs Canada

National Flag:
NetherlandsNetherlands

Re: 11 November: Georgia vs Canada

Postby NedRugby » Sun, 12 Nov 2017, 22:42

GeoRugby wrote:It will be interesting how Georgia approach game against Wales. They need to avoid repeat of the first half against Scotland. If they come out on the pitch with the right frame of mind, have self believe and play with discipline, they can make a game of it.

I seem to remember them kicking the ball to the Scottish backs for them to run in tries one after the other. In the 2nd half Georgia kept the ball in the forwards and were a match for Scotland. In fact the forwards would be a match for most opponents, so I hope they can keep their heads cool and play to their strengths against Wales.

Although Haig says he is going for a win against Wales, which is very commendable, Georgia would continue to gain repect if they lost by a small margin. I'm not sure what would constitute a small margin - maybe 15 points?

National Flag:
AustraliaAustralia

Postby thatrugbyguy » Sun, 12 Nov 2017, 23:42

RugbyPUBtbilisi wrote:Milton said lately that he is tired of "we will loose BUT we will play our best".
He said he is going to win the match vs Wales.

I dont know how realistic is that but im waiting of tier 1 scull many years, (after 2013).

This match vs canada was definitely possitive but i saw many misstakes in defence. Canadians were using these misstakes and 2 tries from their 3 was completely on Georgian misstakes and excellent performance from Canadian N9.

Eales will not forgive such misstakes. Lelos must be more concentrated next week.

This is the right attitude to have from the coach, and if he's filtered it down to the players then he's done his job right. I think too often in rugby teams and coaches go into matches believing they are going to lose, and thus the effort isn't always there. It's more about containing the opposition than competing.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby Bogdan_DC » Mon, 13 Nov 2017, 07:22

Greatest achievement for Georgia: finally they find a replacement for Kvirikasvili at 15! Maybe Haig should read this forum, because maaaany posters ask for Matiasvili for long time.And still think that Nemsadze should captain Georgia. Nothing against Sharikadze but Nemsadze just looks like a natural option.

Postby FLIDTA RISXVA » Mon, 13 Nov 2017, 07:47

Bogdan_DC

That's why he is shown on GEO Lawbook front cover

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby Bogdan_DC » Mon, 13 Nov 2017, 08:01

@FLIDTA RISXVA Good choice:)

National Flag:
Great BritainGreat Britain

Postby sk 88 » Mon, 13 Nov 2017, 12:07

NedRugby wrote:
GeoRugby wrote:It will be interesting how Georgia approach game against Wales. They need to avoid repeat of the first half against Scotland. If they come out on the pitch with the right frame of mind, have self believe and play with discipline, they can make a game of it.

I seem to remember them kicking the ball to the Scottish backs for them to run in tries one after the other. In the 2nd half Georgia kept the ball in the forwards and were a match for Scotland. In fact the forwards would be a match for most opponents, so I hope they can keep their heads cool and play to their strengths against Wales.

Although Haig says he is going for a win against Wales, which is very commendable, Georgia would continue to gain repect if they lost by a small margin. I'm not sure what would constitute a small margin - maybe 15 points?

I think its more about the journey than the destination.

In that if they were ahead in the second half, or within a score at 70 mins they could concede three at the end and people be more impressed than if they went 20 points down in the first 10 minutes then battled slowly back to lose by 10 points or so.

Do you get what I mean?

National Flag:
KenyaKenya

Postby Neptune » Mon, 13 Nov 2017, 16:46

Can someone explain to me this, like im a 5 year old kindergarten child. How does Canada loose with such a huge margin, but manage to climb up in the rankings? :?

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby fullbackace » Mon, 13 Nov 2017, 17:40

Neptune wrote:Can someone explain to me this, like im a 5 year old kindergarten child. How does Canada loose with such a huge margin, but manage to climb up in the rankings? :?

Canada and Georgia are too far apart so the game didn't affect the rankings.

So I guess HonG KonG lost some points and went down.

TIL Hong Kong was ahead of Canada in the rankings :|
Don't Pray For Easy lives, Pray for enough Beer!

National Flag:
UruguayUruguay

Postby NaBUru38 » Mon, 13 Nov 2017, 21:38

In the past 4 years, Canada has defeated Portugal (Nov 2013), Namibia (Nov 2014), Georgia (Sep 2015) and Russia (June 2016).

Now they have lost to Georgia (twice this year), Romania, Japan, Uruguay, Samoa, Fiji and Tonga.

- o -

Georgia have defeated defeated Russia, Germany, Spain, Fiji, Samoa, Tonga, Canada (twice this year), United States, Uruguay and Namibia.

They have lost to Japan twice (home and away), Argentina, Romania and Scotland (all away).

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby GeoRugby » Mon, 13 Nov 2017, 22:42

Georgia have defeated Japan in the past 4 years and Romania.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby fullbackace » Tue, 14 Nov 2017, 04:36

Bogdan_DC wrote:Greatest achievement for Georgia: finally they find a replacement for Kvirikasvili at 15! Maybe Haig should read this forum, because maaaany posters ask for Matiasvili for long time.And still think that Nemsadze should captain Georgia. Nothing against Sharikadze but Nemsadze just looks like a natural option.

It's probably Sharikadzes English skills. Otherwise you'd definitely have Nemsadze or Katcharava ahead of him.
Don't Pray For Easy lives, Pray for enough Beer!

National Flag:
ItalyItaly

Postby Canalina » Tue, 14 Nov 2017, 13:35

The roman helmet with whom Kacharava has been awarded has a meaning (maybe concerning Italy?) or is it just a sort of joke?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DOltBqFW4AA6pZH.jpg
Italian rugby news blog: http://www.rugby.it/news/

Postby 4N » Tue, 14 Nov 2017, 13:41

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby RugbyPUBtbilisi » Tue, 14 Nov 2017, 14:35

Canalina wrote:The roman helmet with whom Kacharava has been awarded has a meaning (maybe concerning Italy?) or is it just a sort of joke?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DOltBqFW4AA6pZH.jpg

It has nothing to do with Italy.

Kacharava gained his 100th cap and teammates put a Centurion helmet on him. He is extremely experienced and has played for Lelos starting XV for last decade. David Kacharva is "Centurion" (100+ cap)

Previous

Return to Rugby Forum