Tier 2 & 3 Rugby Forum

11 November: Moldova - Netherlands

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Re: 11 November: Moldova - Netherlands

Postby amz » Sat, 11 Nov 2017, 13:28

I think is some sort of civil war in rugby community from Moldova after elections within their Union so best players didn't come. Good win for Netherlands, they were much much better organised.

National Flag:
Faroe IslandsFaroe Islands

Postby Ser Podrick of Payne » Sat, 11 Nov 2017, 13:48

NedRugby wrote:I caught most of the second half. Not too much difference in the forwards, but it seemed like every time the Dutch backs had the ball they could score at will. I'm not convinced it was through great play, just that the Moldovan defence was very leaky. It will be interesting to see how they perform against better opposition.

It is only a couple of years since Moldova was one of the strongest teams at this level and it's sad to see them in freefall like this. I hope they can sort out their problems.

Moldovan backs when I have watched the have long been "unimpressive" in offence with positional kicking or giving it to the forwards the preferred option but defensively they were up to now fairly sound. Also they have been pretty solid home performers but not so good away from home, so this result doesn't augur well/

National Flag:
Faroe IslandsFaroe Islands

Postby Ser Podrick of Payne » Sun, 12 Nov 2017, 08:30

National Flag:
BrazilBrazil

Postby SallesNeto_BR » Sun, 12 Nov 2017, 23:41

Omg. Moldovan rugby, following the Ukrainian and Kazakh way, is dead :/

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby STMKY » Mon, 13 Nov 2017, 08:51

SallesNeto_BR wrote:Omg. Moldovan rugby, following the Ukrainian and Kazakh way, is dead :/

The inertia of the Soviet Union has ended, and there is no money to support sports schools, that's the result.

Previous

Return to Rugby Forum