Tier 2 & 3 Rugby Forum

11 November: Moldova - Netherlands

Posts: 1345
Joined: Thu, 17 Apr 2014, 09:18
Location: Bucharest
National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

11 November: Moldova - Netherlands

Postby amz » Thu, 09 Nov 2017, 19:36

Image

I hardly recognize players in Moldovan squad, will be a tough one for them.

Posts: 1532
Joined: Wed, 30 Apr 2014, 16:57

Re: 11 November: Moldova - Netherlands

Postby 4N » Thu, 09 Nov 2017, 19:57

Alexei Cotruta is now Moldovan union president AFAIK. I guess he's come out of retirement to play as well.

Weak side though. I know Prepelita is injured, not sure where the others are, Arhips, Mahu etc.

Posts: 1345
Joined: Thu, 17 Apr 2014, 09:18
Location: Bucharest
National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Re: 11 November: Moldova - Netherlands

Postby amz » Thu, 09 Nov 2017, 20:05

I posted earlier on Romanian rugby thread but I presume you don't open that one :)

amz wrote:News from Moldova:

New national team coach is Constantin Vlad who was until this year to Bucovina Suceava, team that won National Senior Division (2nd tier competition). He is a very experienced coach.

About players, there are new faces in the team but Vadim and Maxim Cobâlaş refused to play again for Moldovan national team, Victor Arhip and Andrei Mahu are not allowed by their clubs to come to play and Prepelita is injured.

https://www.publika.md/ultimele-pregati ... 86128.html

Posts: 1532
Joined: Wed, 30 Apr 2014, 16:57

Re: 11 November: Moldova - Netherlands

Postby 4N » Thu, 09 Nov 2017, 20:26

Missed that, thanks for the info. :thumbup:

Online
Posts: 872
Joined: Mon, 21 Apr 2014, 08:23
National Flag:
FranceFrance

Re: 11 November: Moldova - Netherlands

Postby beber » Thu, 09 Nov 2017, 21:47

Cotruta was the best top try scorer in Russian championship for years when he played for VVA but I think he is retired since 2012 or 2013...

Except for Titica, most of the squad looks domestic with few players from the DNS (romanian second division)

Online
Posts: 872
Joined: Mon, 21 Apr 2014, 08:23
National Flag:
FranceFrance

Re: 11 November: Moldova - Netherlands

Postby beber » Thu, 09 Nov 2017, 21:48

Thanks to amz post, we know why Vadim Cobilas, Dumitru Arhip, Victor Arhip, Mahu and Prepelita are not included but what about the others ?

Online
Posts: 872
Joined: Mon, 21 Apr 2014, 08:23
National Flag:
FranceFrance

Re: 11 November: Moldova - Netherlands

Postby beber » Thu, 09 Nov 2017, 21:48

I mean front rowers Maxim Cobilas (Macon, Federale1), Gheorge Gajion (Trélissac, Fédérale1), Victor Leon (Trélissac, Fédérale1), Cristian Ojovan (Aurillac, espoirs) or even Ruslan Dorogan and Igor Orghianu

Online
Posts: 872
Joined: Mon, 21 Apr 2014, 08:23
National Flag:
FranceFrance

Re: 11 November: Moldova - Netherlands

Postby beber » Thu, 09 Nov 2017, 21:49

lock Maxim Gargalic (Enisei-STM) ?
promising backs Ion Calvcaliuc and Golubenco who played in Super Liga? english born flyhalf Craig Felston? french-moldovan winger Andrei Olari?
a short time ago, Moldova was scolding its opponents, but now, it looks Moldovan rugby is dying

Online
Posts: 872
Joined: Mon, 21 Apr 2014, 08:23
National Flag:
FranceFrance

Re: 11 November: Moldova - Netherlands

Postby beber » Thu, 09 Nov 2017, 21:50

(sorry for so many posts but when I wanted to post the whole message, there was written acced denied)

Posts: 1345
Joined: Thu, 17 Apr 2014, 09:18
Location: Bucharest
National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Re: 11 November: Moldova - Netherlands

Postby amz » Fri, 10 Nov 2017, 06:00

I have no idea, I googled for more info in Romanian but couldn't find anything else. It was a conflict between old leadership of Moldovan Federation and new leadership so I presume it may have something to do with this. I found some legal documents posted on facebook one of the 3 pages they have (I presume the side which lost the court case claims something else) but I didn't have time to actually read them.

Also on their site nothing new compared with what was in press but they have a new sponsor:
http://rugby.md/acord-fsnr-glassdebourg.html

Posts: 324
Joined: Wed, 15 Mar 2017, 09:56
National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Re: 11 November: Moldova - Netherlands

Postby Bogdan_DC » Fri, 10 Nov 2017, 07:00

Moldovan rugby have big problems, from one of the best teams in REC second division (with everybody available their pack can challenge any team), now they have like 8 players from Galati, team from Romanian second league ranked 6th from 8!
If they escape relegation this year will be a wonder. Lack of funds & internal conflicts in their union are first to blame for this.

Posts: 266
Joined: Wed, 26 Oct 2016, 16:02
National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Re: 11 November: Moldova - Netherlands

Postby STMKY » Fri, 10 Nov 2017, 07:27

Gargalyk mayby hope play for Russia like Rudoy?

User avatar
Posts: 1835
Joined: Thu, 08 May 2014, 11:00
National Flag:
Faroe IslandsFaroe Islands

Re: 11 November: Moldova - Netherlands

Postby Ser Podrick of Payne » Fri, 10 Nov 2017, 11:48


Posts: 1532
Joined: Wed, 30 Apr 2014, 16:57

Re: 11 November: Moldova - Netherlands

Postby 4N » Fri, 10 Nov 2017, 13:13

STMKY wrote:Gargalyk mayby hope play for Russia like Rudoy?


That thought crossed my mind.

Posts: 266
Joined: Wed, 26 Oct 2016, 16:02
National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Re: 11 November: Moldova - Netherlands

Postby STMKY » Fri, 10 Nov 2017, 14:01

4N wrote:
STMKY wrote:Gargalyk mayby hope play for Russia like Rudoy?


That thought crossed my mind.

And Victor Arkhip, Krasilnyk and Orlov? And maybe Mahu, although he is only 2 years in Russia.

Posts: 324
Joined: Wed, 15 Mar 2017, 09:56
National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Re: 11 November: Moldova - Netherlands

Postby Bogdan_DC » Fri, 10 Nov 2017, 14:14

STMKY wrote:
4N wrote:
STMKY wrote:Gargalyk mayby hope play for Russia like Rudoy?


That thought crossed my mind.

And Victor Arkhip, Krasilnyk and Orlov? And maybe Mahu, although he is only 2 years in Russia.


Gargalic&Mahu already played for Moldova. I don't know about Victor Arhip.

Posts: 266
Joined: Wed, 26 Oct 2016, 16:02
National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Re: 11 November: Moldova - Netherlands

Postby STMKY » Fri, 10 Nov 2017, 14:23

Bogdan_DC wrote:
STMKY wrote:
4N wrote:
STMKY wrote:Gargalyk mayby hope play for Russia like Rudoy?


That thought crossed my mind.

And Victor Arkhip, Krasilnyk and Orlov? And maybe Mahu, although he is only 2 years in Russia.


Gargalic&Mahu already played for Moldova. I don't know about Victor Arhip.

They all played for other teams, but they live in Russia and maybe theoretically can probably play for Russia as Rudoy, who used to play for Kazakhstan.

Posts: 1345
Joined: Thu, 17 Apr 2014, 09:18
Location: Bucharest
National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Re: 11 November: Moldova - Netherlands

Postby amz » Fri, 10 Nov 2017, 21:02

STMKY wrote:
Bogdan_DC wrote:
STMKY wrote:
4N wrote:
STMKY wrote:Gargalyk mayby hope play for Russia like Rudoy?


That thought crossed my mind.

And Victor Arkhip, Krasilnyk and Orlov? And maybe Mahu, although he is only 2 years in Russia.


Gargalic&Mahu already played for Moldova. I don't know about Victor Arhip.

They all played for other teams, but they live in Russia and maybe theoretically can probably play for Russia as Rudoy, who used to play for Kazakhstan.


Such a big country like yours need players from poor Moldova? ;)

Posts: 266
Joined: Wed, 26 Oct 2016, 16:02
National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Re: 11 November: Moldova - Netherlands

Postby STMKY » Sat, 11 Nov 2017, 07:48

amz wrote:
Such a big country like yours need players from poor Moldova? ;)


Orlov and Krasilnik generally are Russians from Kiev and Kharkov. Gargalyk is Gagauz, who was born in Russia. Arkhip and Mahu are Moldovans, a very close people for us, with whom we lived in one country. All of them feel themselves in Russia at home and regard them as their own people. It's not the Oceans like in the national team of Romania ;)

Posts: 1345
Joined: Thu, 17 Apr 2014, 09:18
Location: Bucharest
National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Re: 11 November: Moldova - Netherlands

Postby amz » Sat, 11 Nov 2017, 08:28

STMKY wrote:
amz wrote:
Such a big country like yours need players from poor Moldova? ;)


Orlov and Krasilnik generally are Russians from Kiev and Kharkov. Gargalyk is Gagauz, who was born in Russia. Arkhip and Mahu are Moldovans, a very close people for us, with whom we lived in one country. All of them feel themselves in Russia at home and regard them as their own people. It's not the Oceans like in the national team of Romania ;)


Yeah yeah, that's why they were so keen to leave it in 90s. As for Romanian players from Pacific Islands or South Africa, they find a home here and a place to work and this is not a small thing. We clearly have different values as for us ethnicity doesn't matter that much but qualities of the respective person, probably that's why we have a German ethnic as president, a Palestinian as state secretary from few years already etc. If I am not mistaken, Adam Byrne played for Russia way before any foreigners played for Oaks.

Btw, do you know that Putin name come from Romanian "Putină" (barrel)? ;)

User avatar
Posts: 1149
Joined: Wed, 22 Jul 2015, 18:20
Location: Moscow
National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Re: 11 November: Moldova - Netherlands

Postby Vova12 » Sat, 11 Nov 2017, 09:56

amz wrote:
Such a big country like yours need players from poor Moldova? ;)



Well then help Moldova with your players. :lol:
Image

User avatar
Posts: 1149
Joined: Wed, 22 Jul 2015, 18:20
Location: Moscow
National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Re: 11 November: Moldova - Netherlands

Postby Vova12 » Sat, 11 Nov 2017, 10:03

amz wrote:
Yeah yeah, that's why they were so keen to leave it in 90s. As for Romanian players from Pacific Islands or South Africa, they find a home here and a place to work and this is not a small thing. We clearly have different values as for us ethnicity doesn't matter that much but qualities of the respective person, probably that's why we have a German ethnic as president, a Palestinian as state secretary from few years already etc.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
I see you have well washed brains ...

amz wrote: If I am not mistaken, Adam Byrne played for Russia way before any foreigners played for Oaks.



At the beginning of 00 Russia played 4 South Africans because of them our team was disqualified.

amz wrote:Btw, do you know that Putin name come from Romanian "Putină" (barrel)? ;)


From the English "put in" ...
Image

User avatar
Posts: 111
Joined: Mon, 28 Apr 2014, 23:16

Re: 11 November: Moldova - Netherlands

Postby Silver Fox » Sat, 11 Nov 2017, 12:08

A very stop-go stream,but for as far as I have been able to follow it‘s a comfortable 7 - 28 lead for the Dutch at half time.

User avatar
Posts: 111
Joined: Mon, 28 Apr 2014, 23:16

Re: 11 November: Moldova - Netherlands

Postby Silver Fox » Sat, 11 Nov 2017, 12:59

Final score 7-59

User avatar
Posts: 630
Joined: Sat, 19 Apr 2014, 14:41
National Flag:
NetherlandsNetherlands

Re: 11 November: Moldova - Netherlands

Postby NedRugby » Sat, 11 Nov 2017, 13:10

I caught most of the second half. Not too much difference in the forwards, but it seemed like every time the Dutch backs had the ball they could score at will. I'm not convinced it was through great play, just that the Moldovan defence was very leaky. It will be interesting to see how they perform against better opposition.

It is only a couple of years since Moldova was one of the strongest teams at this level and it's sad to see them in freefall like this. I hope they can sort out their problems.

Next

Return to Rugby Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: beber, Bing [Bot] and 14 guests