18th November Wales vs Georgia

National Flag:
AfghanistanAfghanistan

Re: 18th November Wales vs Georgia

Postby lelopride » Sat, 25 Nov 2017, 19:10

Canalina wrote:
Kiroshi wrote:
GeoRugby wrote:
Kiroshi wrote:Regardless of what kind of team did the Welsh put in this is good result for Georgia and all T2 rugby. I wonder what Parisse has to say now about Georgia :lol:

I'll be more interested to hear what he'll say next November if Georgia manages to beat his team.

Probably he will say that you shouldn't have played them in the first place because you didn't deserve it and thus your victory won't count :lol: . Or some other pathetic excuse.
Btw is that match confirmed by any official source or just a rumour? It wouldn't surprise me is WR tries(again) to protect Italy from these kind of matches :evil:

Again with this sort of moaning and complaining? And you accuse the other nations to search excuses?
Georgia has the chance to play in the World Cup and to defy all the world (Italy included) since 26 years; World Rugby gave Georgia the hosting of the Nations Cup (Tbilisi Cup) with the participation also of Italy A, Georgia lost against Italy A (if I remember correctly) and the tournament faded away due to lack of interest or due to incapacity of georgian federation. Georgian teams had the chance to play in the third european cup, a competition strongly supported by italian federation, but in some editions they avoided to play and in other editions they lost against italian clubs. Since some years the Lelos have test matches against prestigious nations like Fiji, Samoa and Tonga, and this autumn Wales. Now here there is a fixture with the bad and mean Italy in autumn 2018. I very hope you will win next year because in the opposite case you will keep to moan, moan, moan and accuse the world of something

2007: Italy A 20-22 Georgia
2008: Italy A 3-25 Georgia
2010: Italy A 21-3 Georgia (We beat Scotland A this year)

Georgia mostly had second string players in those tournaments so not sure where you are going with this argument. Nations cup tournament was not beneficial for the Union so it was decided not to participate in it, especially when we were not allowed to place Georgia A there. Plus it was replaced by real test matches which are much better for the development of 2 tier unions.

As for Parisse's words, he is a great player but it is unethical on his part to say that Georgia is not ready for the 6N. Its like if Gorgodze would say that Italy should be kicked out of the 6N. It would not be nice, would it?

National Flag:
SpainSpain

Postby Armchair Fan » Sat, 25 Nov 2017, 19:34

He's probably refering to the defeat to Italia Emergenti in 2015. Yeah, preparing RWC, with lots of yougnsters... but this defeat is recurring whenever the debate about Georgia and Six Nations emerges in any international rugby debate.

National Flag:
AfghanistanAfghanistan

Postby lelopride » Sat, 25 Nov 2017, 20:29

Armchair Fan wrote:He's probably refering to the defeat to Italia Emergenti in 2015. Yeah, preparing RWC, with lots of yougnsters... but this defeat is recurring whenever the debate about Georgia and Six Nations emerges in any international rugby debate.

...and we beat Italy year before that. Now I am not even going to mention youth team results between Italy and Georgia in recent years

2014 IRB Tbilisi Cup: Georgia 34-10 Emerging Italy
2015 IRB Tbilisi Cup: Georgia 10-26 Emerging Italy

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_IRB_Tbilisi_Cup

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_Worl ... bilisi_Cup

National Flag:
SpainSpain

Postby Armchair Fan » Sat, 25 Nov 2017, 20:36

I perfectly know what happened in 2014, I bring it everytime a Tier 1 remembers that defeat from 2015. I'm just pointing out this is ALWAYS remarked.

National Flag:
IrelandIreland

Postby kearnc25 » Mon, 27 Nov 2017, 15:37

Georgia have to be kicking themselves here. They were a man up and on the Welsh 3m line and cough the ball up that just isn't good enough. The Welsh management are scum for pulling that move but Georgia still should have scored this was a massive squandered opportunity.

Previous

Return to Rugby Forum