RomaniaRomania

Re: 18th November Wales vs Georgia

Postby amz » Mon, 20 Nov 2017, 01:02

He wrote T1 actually but it is probably a typo, otherwise it doesn't make sense

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby Bogdan_DC » Mon, 20 Nov 2017, 07:50

@FLIDTA RISXVA tx for explanation! I didn't knew the 1st variant, strict interpretation in FRA&GEO. Sounds legit to me.

Postby FLIDTA RISXVA » Mon, 20 Nov 2017, 08:26

Any Tight-Head (#3 | 18) can easily play Loose-Head (#1 | 17)

Emergency #24 would be ALL-rounder, ie TH-cum-LH

National Flag:
WalesWales

Postby Figaro » Mon, 20 Nov 2017, 11:47

That game started exciting but quickly devolved into a very boring experience. Never heard the Millenium so quiet; even at the World Cup when it was full of non Welsh fans.

Lots of Welsh players I'd be happy to never see again, especially in the pack. Georgians effectively managed to put the game onto their own terms and defended very well throughout.

That nonsense at the end was ridiculous. There needs to be a rule change there as teams are effectively punished by having a good scrum, even assuming Leon Brown was genuinely injured. They should be allowed to cancel a yellow card where they feel it might be advantageous to do so. Georgia deserved a draw; let's bear in mind though that even if the scrum had happened it's not guaranteed they'd have scored.

National Flag:
CanadaCanada

Postby Canadian_Rugger » Mon, 20 Nov 2017, 12:01

I personally would have given a penalty try just for unsportsmanlike conduct and bringing the game in to disrepute.

That has no place on the rugby field. I don't know how people don't have a problem with that, the scrum is a fundamental part of rugby and Wales were rewarded for having a shit one.

National Flag:
WalesWales

Postby Figaro » Mon, 20 Nov 2017, 12:10

Canadian_Rugger wrote:I personally would have given a penalty try just for unsportsmanlike conduct and bringing the game in to disrepute.

That has no place on the rugby field. I don't know how people don't have a problem with that, the scrum is a fundamental part of rugby and Wales were rewarded for having a shit one.

It certainly leaves a bitter taste in the mouth. If it's any consolation everyone at the stadium was pretty angry about it, not least because something similar happened to Wales last 6N.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby Bogdan_DC » Mon, 20 Nov 2017, 12:30

In the summer in Japan vs Romania game, Japan put every scrum down and Romanians can't push them. It was clearly a tactic to destroy the Romanian scrum advantage. Teams like us or Georgia are just praying for a guy who can and want to really ref the scrums. Unfortunately they became rarities and soon will gonna have the league kind of scrum farce.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby GeoRugby » Mon, 20 Nov 2017, 15:13

That nonsense at the end was ridiculous. There needs to be a rule change there as teams are effectively punished by having a good scrum, even assuming Leon Brown was genuinely injured. They should be allowed to cancel a yellow card where they feel it might be advantageous to do so.

What happened happened. We can`t change that now. Georgian players seemed happy with their performance though and rightfully so. Clearly these games against tier1 nations are helping Georgia to become better and better, gain more confidence and is good to see. I was very impressed with Modebadze. He got so much from this game and it will help him become better player. I was surprised by how many Welsh fans in social media were outraged by their own coach`s tactics at the end. Great crowd as well. Stadium was full except for that little north stand with Welsh flag. It was awesome to see.

Postby FLIDTA RISXVA » Mon, 20 Nov 2017, 17:17

FROM web sources

Capacity: 74,500
MINUS
Attendance: 55,310
AMOUNTS to
19,190 empty seats

National Flag:
WalesWales

Postby Figaro » Tue, 21 Nov 2017, 10:56

GeoRugby wrote:Stadium was full except for that little north stand with Welsh flag. It was awesome to see.

I was in the stadium and I can tell you that the top third of the top tier was basically empty. The official attendance of 55,310 seems about right to me. It didn't feel like a half empty stadium or anything (55k in a 74k stadium feels a lot more full than than 6k in an 8k stadium). It's a typical crowd for a Wales vs T2 match in Autumn, though the game against Japan sold out last year (probably at least in part due to Japan's glorious WC the year before).

National Flag:
BelgiumBelgium

Postby bolleje » Tue, 21 Nov 2017, 12:20

I'm not sure the result (the ending with the resulting loss instead of a draw) is actually the biggest 'negative' factor for Georgia looking towards inclusion in the Six Nations. The fact is that most people (news sites, comments, ... ) seem to think the match was pretty bad and unattractive. From a sports point of view, Georgia probably deserves to get the chance as they were very competitive with Wales (probably more competitive then Italy has often been). But from a marketing/business point of view, do the organizers of the Six Nations really want to risk 5 or 6 matches like that every year? I think Georgia maybe might have done themselves a bigger favour losing with 10 points but playing attractive rugby then this... Not exactly fair to them, but well...

National Flag:
FranceFrance

Postby vino_93 » Tue, 21 Nov 2017, 13:27

There is no problem to play forward rugby, but this game was quite boring indeed. Georgian forwards were slow. Maybe they feared turnover. Don't know... Backs were quite correct, except Khmaladze who was horrible. But maybe you should think to be more dynamic with forwards. Of course, that game has nothing to see with rec, so you can't really train... But you have so many forwards in France, you could maybe with some you are more dynamic. F.e. Zvirikashvili is always doing great with Clermont. He is not very young, but he would be excellent for WC.
I dont know why for this game you had Bekoshvili and Asieshvili on the bench...

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby RugbyPUBtbilisi » Tue, 21 Nov 2017, 13:33

I was pretty enjoying the match, nearly got a heart attack during the last mins.

I was bored when Japan won Georgia in 2016 by 5 points. That was boring match, ne,t match when Georgia won Samoa by 5 points was also boring.

Because i was expecting winning Japan by 10+ points and Samoa by 15 points.

But wales match was good for me. Watched it 3 times...

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby GeoRugby » Tue, 21 Nov 2017, 13:36

I enjoyed the game. It was a grinding physical encounter and I liked it. Every game is different. When Georgia played Argentina last June it was more of an open game that many found very entertaining. Many 6N games are quiet 'boring'and some are entertaining. I`d rather have this type of game than Georgia get thrashed.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby Bogdan_DC » Tue, 21 Nov 2017, 14:00

Wales vs Georgia was boring from a neutral point of view, but Wales was the T1 country :). Why they didn't entertain? I remember NZ vs Georgia and it was a nice game. So don't blame Georgia for the snore fest because where 2 teams on the field.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby Kiroshi » Tue, 21 Nov 2017, 20:36

Regardless of what kind of team did the Welsh put in this is good result for Georgia and all T2 rugby. I wonder what Parisse has to say now about Georgia :lol:

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby GeoRugby » Tue, 21 Nov 2017, 21:27

Kiroshi wrote:Regardless of what kind of team did the Welsh put in this is good result for Georgia and all T2 rugby. I wonder what Parisse has to say now about Georgia :lol:

I'll be more interested to hear what he'll say next November if Georgia manages to beat his team.

National Flag:
United StatesUnited States

Postby TheStroBro » Wed, 22 Nov 2017, 03:35

Bogdan_DC wrote:Wales vs Georgia was boring from a neutral point of view, but Wales was the T1 country :). Why they didn't entertain? I remember NZ vs Georgia and it was a nice game. So don't blame Georgia for the snore fest because where 2 teams on the field.

It's Gatland Ball, defense, no offense.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby Kiroshi » Wed, 22 Nov 2017, 20:55

GeoRugby wrote:
Kiroshi wrote:Regardless of what kind of team did the Welsh put in this is good result for Georgia and all T2 rugby. I wonder what Parisse has to say now about Georgia :lol:

I'll be more interested to hear what he'll say next November if Georgia manages to beat his team.

Probably he will say that you shouldn't have played them in the first place because you didn't deserve it and thus your victory won't count :lol: . Or some other pathetic excuse.
Btw is that match confirmed by any official source or just a rumour? It wouldn't surprise me is WR tries(again) to protect Italy from these kind of matches :evil:

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby GeoRugby » Wed, 22 Nov 2017, 21:15

Kiroshi wrote:
GeoRugby wrote:

Probably he will say that you shouldn't have played them in the first place because you didn't deserve it and thus your victory won't count :lol: . Or some other pathetic excuse.
Btw is that match confirmed by any official source or just a rumour? It wouldn't surprise me is WR tries(again) to protect Italy from these kind of matches :evil:

It was confirmed by GRU president few weeks ago.

National Flag:
WalesWales

Postby dwpeate » Fri, 24 Nov 2017, 12:16

Haig also spoke about it in an interview with Walesonline I think!

National Flag:
ItalyItaly

Postby Canalina » Fri, 24 Nov 2017, 12:41

Kiroshi wrote:
GeoRugby wrote:

Again with this sort of moaning and complaining? And you accuse the other nations to search excuses?
Georgia has the chance to play in the World Cup and to defy all the world (Italy included) since 26 years; World Rugby gave Georgia the hosting of the Nations Cup (Tbilisi Cup) with the participation also of Italy A, Georgia lost against Italy A (if I remember correctly) and the tournament faded away due to lack of interest or due to incapacity of georgian federation. Georgian teams had the chance to play in the third european cup, a competition strongly supported by italian federation, but in some editions they avoided to play and in other editions they lost against italian clubs. Since some years the Lelos have test matches against prestigious nations like Fiji, Samoa and Tonga, and this autumn Wales. Now here there is a fixture with the bad and mean Italy in autumn 2018. I very hope you will win next year because in the opposite case you will keep to moan, moan, moan and accuse the world of something

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby GeoRugby » Fri, 24 Nov 2017, 12:59

Canalina wrote:
Kiroshi wrote:
GeoRugby wrote:

Again with this sort of moaning and complaining? And you accuse the other nations to search excuses?
Georgia has the chance to play in the World Cup and to defy all the world (Italy included) since 26 years; World Rugby gave Georgia the hosting of the Nations Cup (Tbilisi Cup) with the participation also of Italy A, Georgia lost against Italy A (if I remember correctly) and the tournament faded away due to lack of interest or due to incapacity of georgian federation. Georgian teams had the chance to play in the third european cup, a competition strongly supported by italian federation, but in some editions they avoided to play and in other editions they lost against italian clubs. Since some years the Lelos have test matches against prestigious nations like Fiji, Samoa and Tonga, and this autumn Wales. Now here there is a fixture with the bad and mean Italy in autumn 2018. I very hope you will win next year because in the opposite case you will keep to moan, moan, moan and accuse the world of something

If you referring to me, where do you see moaning in the quote? I'm glad Georgia will finally get to play Italy. It is long overdue. And if Georgia somehow wins, I would like to hear Parise's comments. That's all. Tbilisi Cup was cancelled not due to incapacity of Georgian Rugby UNION, but in favor of playing real test game in the June window. 100% correct decision.
Last edited by GeoRugby on Fri, 24 Nov 2017, 13:11, edited 1 time in total.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby amz » Fri, 24 Nov 2017, 13:04

If it's about Kiroshi I think he was refering to this exchange of lines:

http://www.planetrugby.com/news/gorgodz ... t-parisse/
https://www.balls.ie/rugby/history-made ... gby-328954

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby Kiroshi » Sat, 25 Nov 2017, 18:21

Canalina wrote:
Kiroshi wrote:
GeoRugby wrote:

It's not moaning it's about the stupid things that Parisse said about GEO & ROM rugby. And he is so ignorant that he doesn't know that we have beaten France, Wales, Scotland long before Italy joined 6N.

PreviousNext

Return to Rugby Forum