Tier 2 & 3 Rugby Forum

#Georgia&RussiaRWC2027

User avatar
Posts: 1408
Joined: Wed, 22 Jul 2015, 18:20
Location: Moscow
National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Re: #Georgia&RussiaRWC2027

Postby Vova12 » Sun, 19 Nov 2017, 19:36

BigG wrote:Are you kidding? How two countries which do not have diplomatic relations with each other could make a joint bid?

At the moment I do not want to make a focus on Georgian territories occupied by Russia.

Do the US ask. They will give ...
Image

Posts: 2935
Joined: Thu, 17 Apr 2014, 02:51
Location: São Paulo
National Flag:
BrazilBrazil

Re: #Georgia&RussiaRWC2027

Postby victorsra » Sun, 19 Nov 2017, 21:30

It is just an impossible bid to ever happen.

But it is pretty dificult to see 2027 in Europe. As 2023 will be in Europa, 2027 will be outside Europe. That is the patterns: 2007 Europe, 2011 outside Europe, 2015 Europe, 2019 outside Europe, 2023 Europe, 2027 outside Europe.

I know 2023 could have beem outside Europe again, but I don't see 2 tournaments in Europe in a row happening.
Brazilian Rugby News: www.portaldorugby.com.br

Posts: 24
Joined: Sat, 11 Feb 2017, 01:16
National Flag:
St Pierre & MiquelonSt Pierre & Miquelon

Re: #Georgia&RussiaRWC2027

Postby evil santa » Sun, 19 Nov 2017, 23:14

RugbyPUBtbilisi wrote:Second problem is total ignorance from Russian population this game we call rugby.
99% of Russians dint know Rugby or dont inderstand it's rules.

Actually, 99% of Georgians also do not know the rules. The main reason for Georgians to love rugby - is that they always win against the Russians ;)

Posts: 738
Joined: Thu, 17 Apr 2014, 20:56
National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Re: #Georgia&RussiaRWC2027

Postby fullbackace » Mon, 20 Nov 2017, 00:05

evil santa wrote:
RugbyPUBtbilisi wrote:Second problem is total ignorance from Russian population this game we call rugby.
99% of Russians dint know Rugby or dont inderstand it's rules.

Actually, 99% of Georgians also do not know the rules. The main reason for Georgians to love rugby - is that they always win against the Russians ;)



I assume you've conducted controlled research on the subject ?
Don't Pray For Easy lives, Pray for enough Beer!

User avatar
Posts: 1408
Joined: Wed, 22 Jul 2015, 18:20
Location: Moscow
National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Re: #Georgia&RussiaRWC2027

Postby Vova12 » Mon, 20 Nov 2017, 03:18

1993 year. Russia - Georgia 15 - 9. :D
Image

Posts: 757
Joined: Thu, 16 Jul 2015, 17:26
National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Re: #Georgia&RussiaRWC2027

Postby RugbyPUBtbilisi » Fri, 08 Dec 2017, 15:24

evil santa wrote:Actually, 99% of Georgians also do not know the rules. The main reason for Georgians to love rugby - is that they always win against the Russians ;)


Classic bullMEAT. :D

Posts: 69
Joined: Mon, 10 Nov 2014, 06:54
National Flag:
ArgentinaArgentina

Re: #Georgia&RussiaRWC2027

Postby Hernan14 » Fri, 08 Dec 2017, 18:31

fullbackace wrote:
evil santa wrote:
RugbyPUBtbilisi wrote:Second problem is total ignorance from Russian population this game we call rugby.
99% of Russians dint know Rugby or dont inderstand it's rules.

Actually, 99% of Georgians also do not know the rules. The main reason for Georgians to love rugby - is that they always win against the Russians ;)



I assume you've conducted controlled research on the subject ?


I just leave this here...

"In spite of strong support for rugby, many Georgians don’t know much about the game. The survey shows that only 18% of the population knows what the amount of points for a try without conversion kick is (five points), and only 6% of Georgians know how many players are in the scrum (eight players) for each team. While 21% gave the incorrect answer on this question, 73% responded don’t know. Notably, men (28%) gave the right answer more often than women (10%) to the question on tries."

http://crrc-caucasus.blogspot.com.ar/20 ... ry-is.html

Posts: 738
Joined: Thu, 17 Apr 2014, 20:56
National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Re: #Georgia&RussiaRWC2027

Postby fullbackace » Fri, 08 Dec 2017, 19:59

Hernan14 wrote:
fullbackace wrote:
evil santa wrote:
RugbyPUBtbilisi wrote:Second problem is total ignorance from Russian population this game we call rugby.
99% of Russians dint know Rugby or dont inderstand it's rules.

Actually, 99% of Georgians also do not know the rules. The main reason for Georgians to love rugby - is that they always win against the Russians ;)



I assume you've conducted controlled research on the subject ?


I just leave this here...

"In spite of strong support for rugby, many Georgians don’t know much about the game. The survey shows that only 18% of the population knows what the amount of points for a try without conversion kick is (five points), and only 6% of Georgians know how many players are in the scrum (eight players) for each team. While 21% gave the incorrect answer on this question, 73% responded don’t know. Notably, men (28%) gave the right answer more often than women (10%) to the question on tries."

http://crrc-caucasus.blogspot.com.ar/20 ... ry-is.html



which proves my point.
Don't Pray For Easy lives, Pray for enough Beer!

Posts: 69
Joined: Mon, 10 Nov 2014, 06:54
National Flag:
ArgentinaArgentina

Re: #Georgia&RussiaRWC2027

Postby Hernan14 » Fri, 08 Dec 2017, 22:14

fullbackace wrote:
Hernan14 wrote:
fullbackace wrote:
evil santa wrote:
RugbyPUBtbilisi wrote:Second problem is total ignorance from Russian population this game we call rugby.
99% of Russians dint know Rugby or dont inderstand it's rules.

Actually, 99% of Georgians also do not know the rules. The main reason for Georgians to love rugby - is that they always win against the Russians ;)



I assume you've conducted controlled research on the subject ?


I just leave this here...

"In spite of strong support for rugby, many Georgians don’t know much about the game. The survey shows that only 18% of the population knows what the amount of points for a try without conversion kick is (five points), and only 6% of Georgians know how many players are in the scrum (eight players) for each team. While 21% gave the incorrect answer on this question, 73% responded don’t know. Notably, men (28%) gave the right answer more often than women (10%) to the question on tries."

http://crrc-caucasus.blogspot.com.ar/20 ... ry-is.html



which proves my point.


My intention was not to prove anyone's point, but it caught my attention if there was any research about it...but at least the research leaves a couple of things clearer:

"...only 18% of the population knows what the amount of points for a try without conversion kick is..." which explains the low propensity of the georgians to score tries, basically they don't know they are worth more!

"...only 6% of Georgians know how many players are in the scrum..." which explains why the XV georgians on the field play as if they are all forwards...What are backs? Those bloody foreign players playing with the Oaks? Who need backs? Puff...

Stupid humor for a stupid comment...chill out mate ;)

Posts: 757
Joined: Thu, 16 Jul 2015, 17:26
National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Re: #Georgia&RussiaRWC2027

Postby RugbyPUBtbilisi » Sat, 09 Dec 2017, 06:53

Hernan14 wrote:which explains why the XV georgians on the field play as if they are all forwards...What are backs? Those bloody foreign players playing with the Oaks? Who need backs? Puff...


Ansver on this:
Stupid humor for a stupid comment...chill out mate ;)


Thats why i like rhetorical posts. :D Dont play that stupid humor thing Hernan

Georgia has National Team not International. And hiring low quality mercenaries is not a goal for GRU. Better PRODUCE low quality backs than hire them from god know where.

User avatar
Posts: 1325
Joined: Thu, 26 Jun 2014, 05:56
Location: Zemo Vera, Tbilissi, GEORGIA

Re: #Georgia&RussiaRWC2027

Postby FLIDTA RISXVA » Sat, 09 Dec 2017, 07:46

Hernan14
Very interesting

I'd rather set similar questions about soccer and basketball
and see, what percent of Argies answer it


Try is worth 5 points

How many points a football team gets for winning a game?

How many points a basketball team gets for making a basket from within arch?

8 players per team form a scrum

How far an opposition lines up at free kick in football?

How many seconds are allocated for a basketball team in attack - to make a shot?


:lol: Or I'd rather test posters of this forum ...

Your answers, please ...

User avatar
Posts: 1318
Joined: Fri, 16 May 2014, 17:25
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
National Flag:
CanadaCanada

Re: #Georgia&RussiaRWC2027

Postby Buffalo » Sat, 09 Dec 2017, 13:56

FLIDTA RISXVA wrote:Hernan14
Very interesting

I'd rather set similar questions about soccer and basketball
and see, what percent of Argies answer it


Try is worth 5 points

How many points a football team gets for winning a game?

How many points a basketball team gets for making a basket from within arch?

8 players per team form a scrum

How far an opposition lines up at free kick in football?

How many seconds are allocated for a basketball team in attack - to make a shot?


:lol: Or I'd rather test posters of this forum ...

Your answers, please ...


You get 3 points for winning a soccer match.

Baskets made within the arch are worth 2 points. Bonus Point: Baskets made from outside the arch are worth 3 points.

I think you have to line up 10 meters away. Though it could be 15. I'm not a big soccer fan.

I believe you have 24 seconds in basketball to make a shot while on attack. At least in the NBA, again like soccer I'm not a big basketball fan.

Posts: 757
Joined: Thu, 16 Jul 2015, 17:26
National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Re: #Georgia&RussiaRWC2027

Postby RugbyPUBtbilisi » Sat, 09 Dec 2017, 14:05

Buffalo wrote:
FLIDTA RISXVA wrote:Hernan14
Very interesting

I'd rather set similar questions about soccer and basketball
and see, what percent of Argies answer it


Try is worth 5 points

How many points a football team gets for winning a game?

How many points a basketball team gets for making a basket from within arch?

8 players per team form a scrum

How far an opposition lines up at free kick in football?

How many seconds are allocated for a basketball team in attack - to make a shot?


:lol: Or I'd rather test posters of this forum ...

Your answers, please ...


You get 3 points for winning a soccer match.

Baskets made within the arch are worth 2 points. Bonus Point: Baskets made from outside the arch are worth 3 points.

I think you have to line up 10 meters away. Though it could be 15. I'm not a big soccer fan.

I believe you have 24 seconds in basketball to make a shot while on attack. At least in the NBA, again like soccer I'm not a big basketball fan.


And the Golden Cup goes to this Canadian guy for his amazing Sports understanding. :D

ok Im out!

User avatar
Posts: 1325
Joined: Thu, 26 Jun 2014, 05:56
Location: Zemo Vera, Tbilissi, GEORGIA

Re: #Georgia&RussiaRWC2027

Postby FLIDTA RISXVA » Sat, 09 Dec 2017, 15:55

9 metres away in soccer, the rest is OK

Online
Posts: 1494
Joined: Wed, 14 Oct 2015, 13:30
National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Re: #Georgia&RussiaRWC2027

Postby RugbyLiebe » Mon, 11 Dec 2017, 08:03

Only thing this proves, that the counting in rugby is way to complicated. :D
How to grow rugby worldwide?
Look at the world ranking in July. Teams ranked 1-10 have to play one team from 11-20 (they don't play in a regular competition) away the next year. 11-20 play 21-30 away and so on. Yes, it really is that simple.

Posts: 48
Joined: Sun, 21 May 2017, 09:02
National Flag:
PolandPoland

Re: #Georgia&RussiaRWC2027

Postby rey200 » Mon, 11 Dec 2017, 08:42

it's 9,15 metres @FLIDTA RISXVA

Posts: 480
Joined: Sun, 07 Dec 2014, 20:31
National Flag:
WalesWales

Re: #Georgia&RussiaRWC2027

Postby Figaro » Mon, 11 Dec 2017, 10:03

Leaving aside the obvious political issues, and assuming that the Georgians and Russians are the best of buddies, co-hosting has usually been between relatively equally matched states in terms of size and fanbases - think like the European football championships in Austria/Switzerland and Poland/Ukraine.

Georgia/Russia would be an extremely lopsided pairing. Russia have the stadiums but none of the crowd interest. Georgia have decent crowds but only a couple of stadiums big enough, neither of which are big enough for the final. Russia is way too big for lots of foreign fans travelling around attending lots of games, so you would have to rely on selling a lot of tickets to native Russians, and the game just doesn't have the profile in Russia (yet) to do that. By the time it does, then Russia would be able to host on their own, and Georgia wouldn't have anything obvious to offer them in a partnership.

User avatar
Posts: 1325
Joined: Thu, 26 Jun 2014, 05:56
Location: Zemo Vera, Tbilissi, GEORGIA

Re: #Georgia&RussiaRWC2027

Postby FLIDTA RISXVA » Tue, 12 Dec 2017, 10:25

rey200
And how the poor ref checks those extra 15 cm's?

By measure chains?

Image

Online
Posts: 1494
Joined: Wed, 14 Oct 2015, 13:30
National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Re: #Georgia&RussiaRWC2027

Postby RugbyLiebe » Tue, 12 Dec 2017, 11:00

FLIDTA RISXVA wrote:rey200
And how the poor ref checks those extra 15 cm's?
By measure chains?


10 yards are exactly the distance 9,15m describe. Those soccer rules come from the island of funny measurements, the chain would be perfect indeed.
How to grow rugby worldwide?
Look at the world ranking in July. Teams ranked 1-10 have to play one team from 11-20 (they don't play in a regular competition) away the next year. 11-20 play 21-30 away and so on. Yes, it really is that simple.

User avatar
Posts: 65
Joined: Mon, 30 Jun 2014, 08:59
National Flag:
FranceFrance

Re: #Georgia&RussiaRWC2027

Postby gambass » Tue, 12 Dec 2017, 12:35

Do everyone forgets about the 2013 seven world cup in Moscow ?

Posts: 48
Joined: Sun, 21 May 2017, 09:02
National Flag:
PolandPoland

Re: #Georgia&RussiaRWC2027

Postby rey200 » Tue, 12 Dec 2017, 13:58

FLIDTA RISXVA wrote:rey200
And how the poor ref checks those extra 15 cm's?

By measure chains?



Well, I guess the refs are trained to measure 9,15 metres... noone cares about the 15 cm, that's for sure.

Posts: 1556
Joined: Sun, 20 Apr 2014, 16:57
Location: Leicester
National Flag:
Great BritainGreat Britain

Re: #Georgia&RussiaRWC2027

Postby sk 88 » Tue, 12 Dec 2017, 14:07

rey200 wrote:it's 9,15 metres @FLIDTA RISXVA



It's ten yards, a real, proper, manly, measurement! None of this vaguely antipodean, or worse continental, "metre" malarky!!

:thumbup: :thumbup:

Online
Posts: 1494
Joined: Wed, 14 Oct 2015, 13:30
National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Re: #Georgia&RussiaRWC2027

Postby RugbyLiebe » Tue, 12 Dec 2017, 19:25

sk 88 wrote:
rey200 wrote:it's 9,15 metres @FLIDTA RISXVA



It's ten yards, a real, proper, manly, measurement! None of this vaguely antipodean, or worse continental, "metre" malarky!!

:thumbup: :thumbup:


Take a closer look and you look at feet. I know it helps against the rain, you have every day, to look downwards, but that's not manly at all.
How to grow rugby worldwide?
Look at the world ranking in July. Teams ranked 1-10 have to play one team from 11-20 (they don't play in a regular competition) away the next year. 11-20 play 21-30 away and so on. Yes, it really is that simple.

Previous

Return to Rugby Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], fridge46, rugby.change, RugbyLiebe, toulousain and 14 guests