Tier 2 & 3 Rugby Forum

#Georgia&RussiaRWC2027

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Re: #Georgia&RussiaRWC2027

Postby Vova12 » Sun, 19 Nov 2017, 19:36

BigG wrote:Are you kidding? How two countries which do not have diplomatic relations with each other could make a joint bid?

At the moment I do not want to make a focus on Georgian territories occupied by Russia.

Do the US ask. They will give ...

National Flag:
BrazilBrazil

Postby victorsra » Sun, 19 Nov 2017, 21:30

It is just an impossible bid to ever happen.

But it is pretty dificult to see 2027 in Europe. As 2023 will be in Europa, 2027 will be outside Europe. That is the patterns: 2007 Europe, 2011 outside Europe, 2015 Europe, 2019 outside Europe, 2023 Europe, 2027 outside Europe.

I know 2023 could have beem outside Europe again, but I don't see 2 tournaments in Europe in a row happening.
Brazilian Rugby News: www.portaldorugby.com.br

National Flag:
St Pierre & MiquelonSt Pierre & Miquelon

Postby evil santa » Sun, 19 Nov 2017, 23:14

RugbyPUBtbilisi wrote:Second problem is total ignorance from Russian population this game we call rugby.
99% of Russians dint know Rugby or dont inderstand it's rules.

Actually, 99% of Georgians also do not know the rules. The main reason for Georgians to love rugby - is that they always win against the Russians ;)

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby fullbackace » Mon, 20 Nov 2017, 00:05

evil santa wrote:
RugbyPUBtbilisi wrote:Second problem is total ignorance from Russian population this game we call rugby.

Actually, 99% of Georgians also do not know the rules. The main reason for Georgians to love rugby - is that they always win against the Russians ;)

I assume you've conducted controlled research on the subject ?
Don't Pray For Easy lives, Pray for enough Beer!

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby Vova12 » Mon, 20 Nov 2017, 03:18

1993 year. Russia - Georgia 15 - 9. :D

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby RugbyPUBtbilisi » Fri, 08 Dec 2017, 15:24

evil santa wrote:Actually, 99% of Georgians also do not know the rules. The main reason for Georgians to love rugby - is that they always win against the Russians ;)

Classic bullMEAT. :D

National Flag:
ArgentinaArgentina

Postby Hernan14 » Fri, 08 Dec 2017, 18:31

fullbackace wrote:
evil santa wrote:

I just leave this here...

"In spite of strong support for rugby, many Georgians don’t know much about the game. The survey shows that only 18% of the population knows what the amount of points for a try without conversion kick is (five points), and only 6% of Georgians know how many players are in the scrum (eight players) for each team. While 21% gave the incorrect answer on this question, 73% responded don’t know. Notably, men (28%) gave the right answer more often than women (10%) to the question on tries."

http://crrc-caucasus.blogspot.com.ar/20 ... ry-is.html

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby fullbackace » Fri, 08 Dec 2017, 19:59

Hernan14 wrote:
fullbackace wrote:
evil santa wrote:

"In spite of strong support for rugby, many Georgians don’t know much about the game. The survey shows that only 18% of the population knows what the amount of points for a try without conversion kick is (five points), and only 6% of Georgians know how many players are in the scrum (eight players) for each team. While 21% gave the incorrect answer on this question, 73% responded don’t know. Notably, men (28%) gave the right answer more often than women (10%) to the question on tries."

which proves my point.
Don't Pray For Easy lives, Pray for enough Beer!

National Flag:
ArgentinaArgentina

Postby Hernan14 » Fri, 08 Dec 2017, 22:14

fullbackace wrote:
Hernan14 wrote:
fullbackace wrote:
evil santa wrote:

which proves my point.

My intention was not to prove anyone's point, but it caught my attention if there was any research about it...but at least the research leaves a couple of things clearer:

"...only 18% of the population knows what the amount of points for a try without conversion kick is..." which explains the low propensity of the georgians to score tries, basically they don't know they are worth more!

"...only 6% of Georgians know how many players are in the scrum..." which explains why the XV georgians on the field play as if they are all forwards...What are backs? Those bloody foreign players playing with the Oaks? Who need backs? Puff...

Stupid humor for a stupid comment...chill out mate ;)

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby RugbyPUBtbilisi » Sat, 09 Dec 2017, 06:53

Hernan14 wrote:which explains why the XV georgians on the field play as if they are all forwards...What are backs? Those bloody foreign players playing with the Oaks? Who need backs? Puff...

Ansver on this:
Stupid humor for a stupid comment...chill out mate ;)

Thats why i like rhetorical posts. :D Dont play that stupid humor thing Hernan

Georgia has National Team not International. And hiring low quality mercenaries is not a goal for GRU. Better PRODUCE low quality backs than hire them from god know where.

Postby FLIDTA RISXVA » Sat, 09 Dec 2017, 07:46

Hernan14
Very interesting

I'd rather set similar questions about soccer and basketball
and see, what percent of Argies answer it

Try is worth 5 points

How many points a football team gets for winning a game?

How many points a basketball team gets for making a basket from within arch?

8 players per team form a scrum

How far an opposition lines up at free kick in football?

How many seconds are allocated for a basketball team in attack - to make a shot?

:lol: Or I'd rather test posters of this forum ...

Your answers, please ...

National Flag:
CanadaCanada

Postby Buffalo » Sat, 09 Dec 2017, 13:56

FLIDTA RISXVA wrote:Hernan14
Very interesting

Try is worth 5 points

How many seconds are allocated for a basketball team in attack - to make a shot?

Your answers, please ...

You get 3 points for winning a soccer match.

Baskets made within the arch are worth 2 points. Bonus Point: Baskets made from outside the arch are worth 3 points.

I think you have to line up 10 meters away. Though it could be 15. I'm not a big soccer fan.

I believe you have 24 seconds in basketball to make a shot while on attack. At least in the NBA, again like soccer I'm not a big basketball fan.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby RugbyPUBtbilisi » Sat, 09 Dec 2017, 14:05

Buffalo wrote:
FLIDTA RISXVA wrote:Hernan14
Very interesting

Try is worth 5 points

Your answers, please ...

You get 3 points for winning a soccer match.

Baskets made within the arch are worth 2 points. Bonus Point: Baskets made from outside the arch are worth 3 points.

I think you have to line up 10 meters away. Though it could be 15. I'm not a big soccer fan.

I believe you have 24 seconds in basketball to make a shot while on attack. At least in the NBA, again like soccer I'm not a big basketball fan.

And the Golden Cup goes to this Canadian guy for his amazing Sports understanding. :D

ok Im out!

Postby FLIDTA RISXVA » Sat, 09 Dec 2017, 15:55

9 metres away in soccer, the rest is OK

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Postby RugbyLiebe » Mon, 11 Dec 2017, 08:03

Only thing this proves, that the counting in rugby is way to complicated. :D
How to grow rugby worldwide?
Look at the world ranking in July. Teams ranked 1-10 have to play one team from 11-20 (they don't play in a regular competition) away the next year. 11-20 play 21-30 away and so on. Yes, it really is that simple.

National Flag:
PolandPoland

Postby rey200 » Mon, 11 Dec 2017, 08:42

it's 9,15 metres @FLIDTA RISXVA

National Flag:
WalesWales

Postby Figaro » Mon, 11 Dec 2017, 10:03

Leaving aside the obvious political issues, and assuming that the Georgians and Russians are the best of buddies, co-hosting has usually been between relatively equally matched states in terms of size and fanbases - think like the European football championships in Austria/Switzerland and Poland/Ukraine.

Georgia/Russia would be an extremely lopsided pairing. Russia have the stadiums but none of the crowd interest. Georgia have decent crowds but only a couple of stadiums big enough, neither of which are big enough for the final. Russia is way too big for lots of foreign fans travelling around attending lots of games, so you would have to rely on selling a lot of tickets to native Russians, and the game just doesn't have the profile in Russia (yet) to do that. By the time it does, then Russia would be able to host on their own, and Georgia wouldn't have anything obvious to offer them in a partnership.

Postby FLIDTA RISXVA » Tue, 12 Dec 2017, 10:25

rey200
And how the poor ref checks those extra 15 cm's?

By measure chains?

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Postby RugbyLiebe » Tue, 12 Dec 2017, 11:00

FLIDTA RISXVA wrote:rey200
By measure chains?

10 yards are exactly the distance 9,15m describe. Those soccer rules come from the island of funny measurements, the chain would be perfect indeed.
Look at the world ranking in July. Teams ranked 1-10 have to play one team from 11-20 (they don't play in a regular competition) away the next year. 11-20 play 21-30 away and so on. Yes, it really is that simple.

National Flag:
FranceFrance

Postby gambass » Tue, 12 Dec 2017, 12:35

Do everyone forgets about the 2013 seven world cup in Moscow ?

National Flag:
PolandPoland

Postby rey200 » Tue, 12 Dec 2017, 13:58

FLIDTA RISXVA wrote:rey200

By measure chains?

Well, I guess the refs are trained to measure 9,15 metres... noone cares about the 15 cm, that's for sure.

National Flag:
Great BritainGreat Britain

Postby sk 88 » Tue, 12 Dec 2017, 14:07

rey200 wrote:it's 9,15 metres @FLIDTA RISXVA

It's ten yards, a real, proper, manly, measurement! None of this vaguely antipodean, or worse continental, "metre" malarky!!

:thumbup: :thumbup:

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Postby RugbyLiebe » Tue, 12 Dec 2017, 19:25

sk 88 wrote:
rey200 wrote:it's 9,15 metres @FLIDTA RISXVA

It's ten yards, a real, proper, manly, measurement! None of this vaguely antipodean, or worse continental, "metre" malarky!!

:thumbup: :thumbup:

Take a closer look and you look at feet. I know it helps against the rain, you have every day, to look downwards, but that's not manly at all.

Previous

Return to Rugby Forum