Tier 2 & 3 Rugby Forum

Georgia vs Romania discussion

Posts: 1585
Joined: Wed, 30 Apr 2014, 16:57

Re: Georgia vs Romania discussion

Postby 4N » Wed, 22 Nov 2017, 10:17

Amz no other poster complains as much as you do. Give it a rest.

Posts: 1404
Joined: Thu, 17 Apr 2014, 09:18
Location: Bucharest
National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Re: Georgia vs Romania discussion

Postby amz » Wed, 22 Nov 2017, 11:01

4N wrote:Amz no other poster complains as much as you do. Give it a rest.


You may need to review the thread. My first complaint was about closing it after few other complaints about being offtopic (promptly resolved by our wise mods), teams fielding mercenaries, aggressive me etc.

This discussions wouldn't have escalated if mod team would have been looked into this phenomenon earlier. But few posters left because some posters were allowed to spread all kind of BS like datodato calling Romania as a mercenary team. This discussion started because out of the blue someone thought to bash a team than started complaining about offtopic. Some Portuguese left from FIRA-AER forums because of such bashing, some from here and during Spring one Romanian with German residency (ultravioletu) who was always a fair play and objective poster. Shall I remind you previous discussions?. I don't go into further details as I want to end this discussion myself, but before complaining for other complaining too much you should review your previous decisions. One thing I can reckon some small steps were made this last few months but after years of leniency.

Posts: 46
Joined: Sun, 21 May 2017, 09:02
National Flag:
PolandPoland

Re: Georgia vs Romania discussion

Postby rey200 » Wed, 22 Nov 2017, 13:48

@amz

I quickly looked over Brive forum and yes indeed, they crave for Lobzhanidze to play, like it or not. And my french is mediocre, at best :D

Posts: 1404
Joined: Thu, 17 Apr 2014, 09:18
Location: Bucharest
National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Re: Georgia vs Romania discussion

Postby amz » Wed, 22 Nov 2017, 14:00

rey200 wrote:@amz

I quickly looked over Brive forum and yes indeed, they crave for Lobzhanidze to play, like it or not. And my french is mediocre, at best :D


Thank you and fair enough, probably fans like him and I can understand why.

I am asking for years for some players to play for Oaks yet they aren't and I can't blame Howells he isn't good at his job :D

Yet my first argument stands, his form is not good for quite some time and is surprising because he was one of the most exciting prospect back in 2015...this was not as a blame for the player, it may happen even to the best but rather as an example that enumeration of some U20 good players in forums cannot replace reality, nor discussions of fans on various forums.

Posts: 727
Joined: Thu, 16 Jul 2015, 17:26
National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Re: Georgia vs Romania discussion

Postby RugbyPUBtbilisi » Wed, 22 Nov 2017, 14:34

I agree AMZ Surugiu is better than Lobzhanidze.
Image

But for real Lobzhanidze is not and wont be super star but he really can stay in Top14 club and play on highest level...

Posts: 132
Joined: Mon, 28 Nov 2016, 20:57
National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Re: Georgia vs Romania discussion

Postby datodato » Wed, 22 Nov 2017, 16:50

Romania is compensating their poor ability to develop new players themselves with importing foreign mercenaries. This is the hard truth! Luke Samoa, Sione Faka'osilea, Paula Kinikinilau, Jack Umaga, Jack Cobden, Tangimana Fonovai to name a few only. These people are rugby mercenaries and nothing else. If someone it Tahiti or Nicaragua would give them a bigger salary, they would go there tomorrow. Deal with this fact! Now you might say that you don’t care and that they have a wife now in Romania and they drink Romanian water and eat Romanian food, but guess what: They still are and always will stay rugby mercenaries and you cheer a team full of them, because your coaches and structures are not able to produce quality players who can compete on a high level. Our coaches and clubs produce very good young players who are recognized in the world, not only in the forwards, where our players go to Top14 clubs, but also in the backline now.
Yes, Georgia is a poor country where people cannot afford to pay 15 € for a match. So what? That has nothing to do with rugby, it’s an economic problem. It is remarkable that we draw 50.000 people in the stadiums who don’t have money but still give 10 Lari or 5 Lari to support their team. To me a young boy whose parents buy him a ticket for 5 Lari to watch his Lelos, these 5 Lari is worth much more than 15 €.
You lost against Germany this year! You knew that? You. lost. against. Germany! This is the team who played in the second tier 2 years ago. Yes, you managed to beat us in a rigged game with some cheating in the front row and so on, but guess what: Our player’s didn’t care, the rugby world didn’t care and nobody else really cares about it, because we are already qualified for the RWC19. It doesn’t matter. It was like Ireland winning against the AB or Japan beating SA: The last win for the rest of your lives. So cling on your one-point win. You will never achieve it again. You will see, because the players coming up in your U20 just lost with 30 points against the Russian U20, who I didn’t knew even existed, while we beat Argentina and came close against Ireland. You are no opposition any more for our younger generation and with the new rules on foreign mercenary players, you will be even weaker in 3+ years. Now go on and tell us that Macovei is better than Gorgodze as you did and your No9 is better than Lobzhanidze. Not even you believe the crap you write here every day.

Posts: 349
Joined: Wed, 15 Mar 2017, 09:56
National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Re: Georgia vs Romania discussion

Postby Bogdan_DC » Wed, 22 Nov 2017, 17:24

What are you trying to say man?that you where beat by a team beaten by Germany?!ahaha :)))).

Posts: 6
Joined: Fri, 04 Mar 2016, 14:24
National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Re: Georgia vs Romania discussion

Postby Sergiu » Wed, 22 Nov 2017, 17:44

Bogdan_DC wrote:What are you trying to say man?that you where beat by a team beaten by Germany?!ahaha :)))).

:)))))

Posts: 193
Joined: Mon, 28 Apr 2014, 14:30
National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Re: Georgia vs Romania discussion

Postby Stef » Wed, 22 Nov 2017, 17:55

@datodato, I trully agree with you. It really doesn't matter who won or who will win REC as long as there is no path to go up in the 6N.

Although the international eligibility period was raised from three to five years, you must also take into the account the new JIFF changes in France that will affect all the T2 countries. In fact, the new French rules impose a maximum of 16 non-JIFF players for both pro and éspoirs contracts. LNR wants more French in teams. Undoubtedly, there will be little room for your younger generations. Some of them will probably end up in Didi10 or Fédérale Elite.

Surprisingly, 2 players of the team that lost against U20 Russia were on the field against Samoa, one was Simionescu (Timisoara) that played 80 minutes and Cojocaru (Baia Mare) that played 10 minutes. Compared to other T2 countries, the best U20 Romanian players receive pro contracts from the Superliga teams. So the best players can easily make their transition in developing their skills by the end of age 23-24.

Japan is full of mercenaries. Do they care? No. Were they able to beat a T1 opposition? Yes. Having some foreign players in the national team is just an externality of having a professional league. Our clubs invested money in better teams. Why should not the national team benefit from those investments?

I hope that you are not disappointed but Romanian clubs already started to hire PI players aged 18-19 years. :lol: We are adapting to the new rules.

Posts: 190
Joined: Sat, 03 Jan 2015, 23:01
National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Re: Georgia vs Romania discussion

Postby Kiroshi » Wed, 22 Nov 2017, 20:48

datodato wrote:Romania is compensating their poor ability to develop new players themselves with importing foreign mercenaries. This is the hard truth! Luke Samoa, Sione Faka'osilea, Paula Kinikinilau, Jack Umaga, Jack Cobden, Tangimana Fonovai to name a few only. These people are rugby mercenaries and nothing else. If someone it Tahiti or Nicaragua would give them a bigger salary, they would go there tomorrow. Deal with this fact! Now you might say that you don’t care and that they have a wife now in Romania and they drink Romanian water and eat Romanian food, but guess what: They still are and always will stay rugby mercenaries and you cheer a team full of them, because your coaches and structures are not able to produce quality players who can compete on a high level. Our coaches and clubs produce very good young players who are recognized in the world, not only in the forwards, where our players go to Top14 clubs, but also in the backline now.
Yes, Georgia is a poor country where people cannot afford to pay 15 € for a match. So what? That has nothing to do with rugby, it’s an economic problem. It is remarkable that we draw 50.000 people in the stadiums who don’t have money but still give 10 Lari or 5 Lari to support their team. To me a young boy whose parents buy him a ticket for 5 Lari to watch his Lelos, these 5 Lari is worth much more than 15 €.
You lost against Germany this year! You knew that? You. lost. against. Germany! This is the team who played in the second tier 2 years ago. Yes, you managed to beat us in a rigged game with some cheating in the front row and so on, but guess what: Our player’s didn’t care, the rugby world didn’t care and nobody else really cares about it, because we are already qualified for the RWC19. It doesn’t matter. It was like Ireland winning against the AB or Japan beating SA: The last win for the rest of your lives. So cling on your one-point win. You will never achieve it again. You will see, because the players coming up in your U20 just lost with 30 points against the Russian U20, who I didn’t knew even existed, while we beat Argentina and came close against Ireland. You are no opposition any more for our younger generation and with the new rules on foreign mercenary players, you will be even weaker in 3+ years. Now go on and tell us that Macovei is better than Gorgodze as you did and your No9 is better than Lobzhanidze. Not even you believe the crap you write here every day.


Like I said before, your brain is probably binary or you don't understand English. Again, I repeat, we went through your scrum in that match twice like knife through butter. And Lobzhanidze didn't existed on the field that day. If you say he was better than Surugiu then you probably don't know what rugby is or that is played with an oval shaped ball.
Like I said before, we'll see how though you are when french clubs will severely limit foreign players because of JIFF rule.

Oh and one more thing. We lost against Germany. You have never ever beaten a T1 nation. And you are the ONLY T2 who 'managed' to do that.

Posts: 1251
Joined: Tue, 10 Jun 2014, 18:27
National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Re: Georgia vs Romania discussion

Postby GeoRugby » Wed, 22 Nov 2017, 21:11

You have never ever beaten a T1 nation. And you are the ONLY T2 who 'managed' to do that.


Georgia is the youngest tier 2 nation. How long did it take Japan to beat SA? It is not a question of if but when Georgia beats T1. I think it may happen as soon as next year in Italy or when tier1 countries start visiting Georgia after 2019.
And yes, up to this point in Georgia`s young rugby existence as an independent nation we have never beaten tier1.We can all agree on that. :thumbup:

Posts: 193
Joined: Thu, 04 Jun 2015, 12:34
National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Re: Georgia vs Romania discussion

Postby Zhenya_Zima » Wed, 22 Nov 2017, 22:53

GeoRugby wrote:
And yes, up to this point in Georgia`s young rugby existence as an independent nation we have never beaten tier1.We can all agree on that. :thumbup:


Or Luxembourg.

Posts: 1251
Joined: Tue, 10 Jun 2014, 18:27
National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Re: Georgia vs Romania discussion

Postby GeoRugby » Thu, 23 Nov 2017, 00:15

Zhenya_Zima wrote:
GeoRugby wrote:
And yes, up to this point in Georgia`s young rugby existence as an independent nation we have never beaten tier1.We can all agree on that. :thumbup:


Or Luxembourg.

Georgia is 0-2 against Poland and somehow it's totally fine with me. Go figure.

Posts: 2
Joined: Fri, 18 Apr 2014, 14:01
National Flag:
New ZealandNew Zealand

Re: Georgia vs Romania discussion

Postby WoodlandsRFC » Thu, 23 Nov 2017, 05:09

datodato wrote:Romania is compensating their poor ability to develop new players themselves with importing foreign mercenaries. This is the hard truth! Luke Samoa, Sione Faka'osilea, Paula Kinikinilau, Jack Umaga, Jack Cobden, Tangimana Fonovai to name a few only. These people are rugby mercenaries and nothing else. If someone it Tahiti or Nicaragua would give them a bigger salary, they would go there tomorrow. Deal with this fact! Now you might say that you don’t care and that they have a wife now in Romania and they drink Romanian water and eat Romanian food, but guess what: They still are and always will stay rugby mercenaries and you cheer a team full of them, because your coaches and structures are not able to produce quality players who can compete on a high level. Our coaches and clubs produce very good young players who are recognized in the world, not only in the forwards, where our players go to Top14 clubs, but also in the backline now.
Yes, Georgia is a poor country where people cannot afford to pay 15 € for a match. So what? That has nothing to do with rugby, it’s an economic problem. It is remarkable that we draw 50.000 people in the stadiums who don’t have money but still give 10 Lari or 5 Lari to support their team. To me a young boy whose parents buy him a ticket for 5 Lari to watch his Lelos, these 5 Lari is worth much more than 15 €.
You lost against Germany this year! You knew that? You. lost. against. Germany! This is the team who played in the second tier 2 years ago. Yes, you managed to beat us in a rigged game with some cheating in the front row and so on, but guess what: Our player’s didn’t care, the rugby world didn’t care and nobody else really cares about it, because we are already qualified for the RWC19. It doesn’t matter. It was like Ireland winning against the AB or Japan beating SA: The last win for the rest of your lives. So cling on your one-point win. You will never achieve it again. You will see, because the players coming up in your U20 just lost with 30 points against the Russian U20, who I didn’t knew even existed, while we beat Argentina and came close against Ireland. You are no opposition any more for our younger generation and with the new rules on foreign mercenary players, you will be even weaker in 3+ years. Now go on and tell us that Macovei is better than Gorgodze as you did and your No9 is better than Lobzhanidze. Not even you believe the crap you write here every day.

Crikey, he gave one of your players the slightest of criticism, this is quite possibly the most precious post I've ever read... get a grip, seriously :shock:

User avatar
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun, 03 Jul 2016, 10:32
Location: Lelo's Stronghold
National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Re: Georgia vs Romania discussion

Postby SHIZZZO » Thu, 23 Nov 2017, 08:49

I love it when AMZ plays selfrighteousness card and than drools himself on every opportunity to answer a provocative post.

On the side note though, I admit, I do not like mercs (does not matter whether they speak Romanian, have kids etc, call me old fashioned but, to me NT is for people who were born in the country have that countries parents or at least one of their parents is from that country, you get the picture).

As for supporting Romanian rugby, I lost any kind of respect for them following that fight when they targeted Georgian players, however I do realize that we need Romania to have any kind of competitive games in REC, therefore I am sort of rooting for them in the interests of Georgian rugby and also in order to have someone to beat once we enter the extended 6N (No way we will be admitted alone without Romania).
You are terminated!

Posts: 349
Joined: Wed, 15 Mar 2017, 09:56
National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Re: Georgia vs Romania discussion

Postby Bogdan_DC » Thu, 23 Nov 2017, 09:18

I hope we win in Tbilisi with a last second try scored by the pure Romanian Tangimana Fonovai from a huge forward pass received from old Thracian Fakaosilea (because everybody knows that we win against Georgia only if we cheat). The ref must be Italian (second nation loved by Georgians over here) and on the lines a Spanish or a Portuguese(they are not always singing praise here on forum and they are also on the blacklist) and a Welsh (new included cheaters on the list).Like any world conspiration against Georgia the TMO must be Russian. After that i hope to lose again to Germany, because in your bright logic will mean that you are weaker than Germany. All of this is more probably than you playing in 6N.

Posts: 727
Joined: Thu, 16 Jul 2015, 17:26
National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Re: Georgia vs Romania discussion

Postby RugbyPUBtbilisi » Thu, 23 Nov 2017, 09:43

Bogfan where do you read or heared hatred agaist any team?

Italy has great team but yes im cheering for Georfia and hope we will win because i think Georgia is stronger team than Italy. Do i have rifht to think so? Or i need someones permission for that?

Wales cheating is not my fantasy, u can read British press or british forums and listen to Welsh fans.

While i think Romania will be without victory agains Georgia for a looong time. Thats not real goal for Oaks.

Tbilisi match is not easy for anyone especially for T2 nations. Lets be realistic and dont dream about fairy tales.

Bettee think about Tonga who is going to be favorites this weekend.

Lelos have USA to think about, ant Spring will come soon, than we will see everythong on the FIELD!

Posts: 349
Joined: Wed, 15 Mar 2017, 09:56
National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Re: Georgia vs Romania discussion

Postby Bogdan_DC » Thu, 23 Nov 2017, 11:48

RugbyPUBtbilisi wrote: ant Spring will come soon, than we will see everythong on the FIELD!

Exactly in the FIELD where we defeat you but you don't accept that because we cheat, we have mercenaries, because the ref etc.

Posts: 727
Joined: Thu, 16 Jul 2015, 17:26
National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Re: Georgia vs Romania discussion

Postby RugbyPUBtbilisi » Thu, 23 Nov 2017, 12:05

Bogdan_DC wrote:
RugbyPUBtbilisi wrote: ant Spring will come soon, than we will see everythong on the FIELD!

Exactly in the FIELD where we defeat you but you don't accept that because we cheat, we have mercenaries, because the ref etc.


Yea, 8-7. Outstanding performance from Oaks. Trashing Lelos by 1 point.

Last time Romania arrived in Tbilisi it was 38-9, Lelos were lucky to win that match. Oh it Was Romania B team right?

Posts: 349
Joined: Wed, 15 Mar 2017, 09:56
National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Re: Georgia vs Romania discussion

Postby Bogdan_DC » Thu, 23 Nov 2017, 12:40

Good win and right after you was defetead in Bucharest by Romania.By a single point. By a team beaten by G.E.R.M.A.N.Y.

Posts: 727
Joined: Thu, 16 Jul 2015, 17:26
National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Re: Georgia vs Romania discussion

Postby RugbyPUBtbilisi » Thu, 23 Nov 2017, 13:10

I am officially out of this thread.
Good luch to u and AMZ

Posts: 1404
Joined: Thu, 17 Apr 2014, 09:18
Location: Bucharest
National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Re: Georgia vs Romania discussion

Postby amz » Thu, 23 Nov 2017, 13:17

RugbyPUBtbilisi wrote:I am officially out of this thread.
Good luch to u and AMZ


How come "officially"? :shock: Are you here on behalf of GRU?

I thought we're only petty fans mocking each other

Posts: 2
Joined: Fri, 14 Jul 2017, 07:49
National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Re: Georgia vs Romania discussion

Postby radu florea » Thu, 23 Nov 2017, 13:52

datodato wrote:Romania is compensating their poor ability to develop new players themselves with importing foreign mercenaries. This is the hard truth! Luke Samoa, Sione Faka'osilea, Paula Kinikinilau, Jack Umaga, Jack Cobden, Tangimana Fonovai to name a few only. These people are rugby mercenaries and nothing else. If someone it Tahiti or Nicaragua would give them a bigger salary, they would go there tomorrow. Deal with this fact! Now you might say that you don’t care and that they have a wife now in Romania and they drink Romanian water and eat Romanian food, but guess what: They still are and always will stay rugby mercenaries and you cheer a team full of them, because your coaches and structures are not able to produce quality players who can compete on a high level. Our coaches and clubs produce very good young players who are recognized in the world, not only in the forwards, where our players go to Top14 clubs, but also in the backline now.
Yes, Georgia is a poor country where people cannot afford to pay 15 € for a match. So what? That has nothing to do with rugby, it’s an economic problem. It is remarkable that we draw 50.000 people in the stadiums who don’t have money but still give 10 Lari or 5 Lari to support their team. To me a young boy whose parents buy him a ticket for 5 Lari to watch his Lelos, these 5 Lari is worth much more than 15 €.
You lost against Germany this year! You knew that? You. lost. against. Germany! This is the team who played in the second tier 2 years ago. Yes, you managed to beat us in a rigged game with some cheating in the front row and so on, but guess what: Our player’s didn’t care, the rugby world didn’t care and nobody else really cares about it, because we are already qualified for the RWC19. It doesn’t matter. It was like Ireland winning against the AB or Japan beating SA: The last win for the rest of your lives. So cling on your one-point win. You will never achieve it again. You will see, because the players coming up in your U20 just lost with 30 points against the Russian U20, who I didn’t knew even existed, while we beat Argentina and came close against Ireland. You are no opposition any more for our younger generation and with the new rules on foreign mercenary players, you will be even weaker in 3+ years. Now go on and tell us that Macovei is better than Gorgodze as you did and your No9 is better than Lobzhanidze. Not even you believe the crap you write here every day.


Jesus Christ...
I'm not sure, do you suffer from inferiority or superiority complex?!
Have a life, man...

Posts: 1251
Joined: Tue, 10 Jun 2014, 18:27
National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Re: Georgia vs Romania discussion

Postby GeoRugby » Thu, 23 Nov 2017, 14:12

What are you all trying to prove to each other? Just repeating same staff that's been argued before and won't change anything. Level of maturity on this thread in kindergarten level. (no offense to kindergarten).

Posts: 132
Joined: Mon, 28 Nov 2016, 20:57
National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Re: Georgia vs Romania discussion

Postby datodato » Thu, 23 Nov 2017, 17:21

Stef wrote:@datodato, I trully agree with you. It really doesn't matter who won or who will win REC as long as there is no path to go up in the 6N.

Although the international eligibility period was raised from three to five years, you must also take into the account the new JIFF changes in France that will affect all the T2 countries. In fact, the new French rules impose a maximum of 16 non-JIFF players for both pro and éspoirs contracts. LNR wants more French in teams. Undoubtedly, there will be little room for your younger generations. Some of them will probably end up in Didi10 or Fédérale Elite.

Surprisingly, 2 players of the team that lost against U20 Russia were on the field against Samoa, one was Simionescu (Timisoara) that played 80 minutes and Cojocaru (Baia Mare) that played 10 minutes. Compared to other T2 countries, the best U20 Romanian players receive pro contracts from the Superliga teams. So the best players can easily make their transition in developing their skills by the end of age 23-24.

Japan is full of mercenaries. Do they care? No. Were they able to beat a T1 opposition? Yes. Having some foreign players in the national team is just an externality of having a professional league. Our clubs invested money in better teams. Why should not the national team benefit from those investments?

I hope that you are not disappointed but Romanian clubs already started to hire PI players aged 18-19 years. :lol: We are adapting to the new rules.


I am not dissapointed but I just don't like this way. It must be said that Romania has managed to build a league with really good Clubs and they attract a lot of good Players. Saulo went streight from the Romanian league to Toulon, that says it all. And I'm not taking away that many Players who are in the Romanian U20 or U18 and are not good, only a few years later after playing in your league are really good Players. You do have a strong league and there is a lot of energy and work going into that. However I don't think that just because foreign Players are pushing up the Level of your league you should automaticly put them into the National Team. But of Course you are right: It's the way it is today, that's professional sports. But I think it is not good for our game, because it devalues the National Teams and the Jersey. And in the long run I believe that it will hurt the international game, because National Teams will become National "Clubs".

On the other side, GRU are relying too much on favours from France. It's the complete opposite and not good in the long run as well. Because as you mentioned they could just have a bad day and cut the amount of foreign Players and what happens then? We have 55k when the national Team is playing but around 10 People and two Dogs, when there is the DIDI10 final. Not good as well.

PreviousNext

Return to Rugby Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 13 guests