ArgentinaArgentina

Re: 25th November Georgia vs USA

Postby argie » Sat, 25 Nov 2017, 16:00

Wow!. What a finish!.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby RugbyPUBtbilisi » Sat, 25 Nov 2017, 16:01

Great performance from Eagles. You guys have nice team.

Heavy victory for Lelos.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby GeoRugby » Sat, 25 Nov 2017, 16:04

Entertaining game. I hope Lobjanidze will be OK. Georgian young backs really impressed me. Kveseladze specially. Aprasidze did great as well.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby datodato » Sat, 25 Nov 2017, 16:07

Uff... USA was very, very strong! Respect. I think they were the better team. Our disciplin cost us, but how good was the US No9? Boy! Great game, Georgian players can consider themselfes lucky. Kvirikshvili was absolutely terrible again. It was his 108th game and he played it like it was his first. Absolutely terrible. Can we just play with Soso at 15 and Modebadze and someone else in the wing? I don‘t get it.

National Flag:
United StatesUnited States

Postby TheStroBro » Sat, 25 Nov 2017, 16:08

God we played so poorly in the 2nd quarter.

National Flag:
AfghanistanAfghanistan

Postby lelopride » Sat, 25 Nov 2017, 16:08

Horrible second half from Georgia, apparently we did not score a single point in the second half. Most of the subs failed to make an impact in the second half.

But, win is a win and after hard game last weekend it is more than acceptable against such strong USA team which came with the intent to win in Tbilisi.

National Flag:

Postby Suiram » Sat, 25 Nov 2017, 16:11

Although clearly scrum penalties helped Georgia it’s not fair to blame the loss on that. US lost because they had horrible defensive structure and gave up break away runs all game.

Scrum penalties gave Georgia some points but US managed. Silly mistakes destroyed attacking opportunities but in the end we would have had plenty of opportunities to create points (and less impactful Scrum penalties) if we didn’t let Georgia wander 30-40 m into our 22 every time they went on attack.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby GeoRugby » Sat, 25 Nov 2017, 22:48

Having rewatched the game, I got a feeling that Georgian players still looked tired from the Wales game a week ago and not surprisingly. That was one energy draining game. That`s why this win is even more satisfying. Overall a very successful automne series for Georgia. Young Modebadze and Kveseladze impressed a lot and showed that there is bright future for Georgia as far as backs are concerned. Hopefully Georgia have a new fullback in Matiashvili who can kick from any position on the field and is a very good player. Aprasidze was great in today's game. Jinchvelashvili was OK. I hope he puts on some muscle mass. He looks a bit skinny to me.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby BigG » Sat, 25 Nov 2017, 23:27

Well it was not impressive, but victory. Congrats to Georgia. Young backs passed an exam .

In general, US was prepared for this game better than Georgia. Why they did not take over? May be kicker, may be luck, some other reasons.
The main conclusion - Georgians love rugby more than Americans.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby datodato » Sun, 26 Nov 2017, 09:59

BigG wrote:Well it was not impressive, but victory. Congrats to Georgia. Young backs passed an exam .

In general, US was prepared for this game better than Georgia. Why they did not take over? May be kicker, may be luck, some other reasons.

One kick could have changed the game. And Georgia didn't score in the second half. So I'm not so sure about the last part. Maybe the coaching staff should take a look into the mirror, because it seems that the USA were far better instructed for the second half. Tactically they just crushed us. Jinchvelashvili not even close to international level: passes going at the back of his players and were to high, knock ons, dropped balls, bad kicks, weak body, no danger to the defense line when he has a run... And Meko as great as a character he is, he should give it a rest now in international rugby... it was an utter embarrassing showing from him ones again. He served our National Team really well in 15s and 7s and in every way, but he should relax now and give it over to the younger generation.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby datodato » Sun, 26 Nov 2017, 10:00

datodato wrote:
BigG wrote:Well it was not impressive, but victory. Congrats to Georgia. Young backs passed an exam .

One kick could have changed the game. And Georgia didn't score in the second half. So I'm not so sure about the last part. Maybe the coaching staff should take a look at themselves, because it seems that the USA were far better instructed for the second half. Tactically they just crushed us. Jinchvelashvili not even close to international level: passes going at the back of his players and were to high, knock ons, dropped balls, bad kicks, weak body, no danger to the defense line when he has a run... And Meko as great as a character he is, he should give it a rest now in international rugby... it was an utter embarrassing showing from him ones again. He served our National Team really well in 15s and 7s and in every way, but he should relax now and give it over to the younger generation.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby amz » Sun, 26 Nov 2017, 13:27

Highlights here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJ7o0ruk0dw

Is there a link for full match?

Lucky win by Georgia it seems. Haven't though US will score two tries with maul.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby RugbyPUBtbilisi » Sun, 26 Nov 2017, 15:46

amz wrote:Lucky win by Georgia it seems. Haven't though US will score two tries with maul.

Georgia trashed USA by 1 point dear AMZ...

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby amz » Sun, 26 Nov 2017, 16:05

RugbyPUBtbilisi wrote:
amz wrote:Lucky win by Georgia it seems. Haven't though US will score two tries with maul.

Do you really know what "trashing" means?

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby Kiroshi » Sun, 26 Nov 2017, 16:51

amz wrote:
RugbyPUBtbilisi wrote:

Told you this guy doesn't know English.

National Flag:

Postby zgs » Sun, 26 Nov 2017, 17:45

:lol: :lol:
Great sense of humor!!!

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby RugbyPUBtbilisi » Sun, 26 Nov 2017, 19:08

amz wrote:
RugbyPUBtbilisi wrote:

Yea, trashing was when Romania beat Georgia 8-7, right deat AMZ?

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby RugbyPUBtbilisi » Sun, 26 Nov 2017, 19:11

Kiroshi wrote:
amz wrote:
RugbyPUBtbilisi wrote:

Really? I can tell u what you dont unferstand but it is already clear. Lol

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby datodato » Sun, 26 Nov 2017, 21:10

RugbyPUBtbilisi wrote:
Kiroshi wrote:
amz wrote:
RugbyPUBtbilisi wrote:

Really? I can tell u what you dont unferstand but it is already clear. Lol

One has to be a special kind of a person to not understand the joke...

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby Bogdan_DC » Mon, 27 Nov 2017, 08:12

I saw the game and even if it was full of errors it was a pleasant match to watch. USA had a good game and looks very solid but when you receive points with +2 players advantage on the field is hard to claim a victory on Georgian turf. And the kicker also didn't help either to the cause.
Georgian backs play some nice attacking rugby but i think they opened up in defense especially on the back three. Somehow Kvirikashvili put in the bad light the wings because he tries to take some of their ball. Kveseladze looks solid on centre and could make a longterm partenership with Sharikadze. My opinion is that Haig is trying to change the old servants Katckarava and Kvirikashvili from the first team but gradually. The bench didn't make the iompact that i aspected for Georgia but i guess they where tired after the exhausting game vs Wales.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby datodato » Mon, 27 Nov 2017, 14:41

The yellow card for Chilachava was veeeeery lucky. If it wasn't my team I would be extremely unhappy that the ref didn't show a red card. He leads with his forearm to the head of the (falling) US player. That to me is clearly a red card. And also the first penalty try was really weird... Ok, I guess we might have pushed them over a few times and would have gotten that penalty try anyway but to give away a penalty try after one push is really odd. The US was maybe the toughest opponent in the scrums for uns since Romania. But they pushed early every single time it has to be said. Still a very lucky win...

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby Bogdan_DC » Mon, 27 Nov 2017, 14:50

datodato wrote: And also the first penalty try was really weird... Ok, I guess we might have pushed them over a few times and would have gotten that penalty try anyway but to give away a penalty try after one push is really odd.
Yeah i noticed that too, right from the first scrum he award a try and in other games you should pushed them like 3-4 times at least..it was always inconstancy by the refs on this subject. There is any clear rule about that also?

Postby 4N » Mon, 27 Nov 2017, 14:56

datodato wrote:The US was maybe the toughest opponent in the scrums for uns since Romania. But they pushed early every single time it has to be said. Still a very lucky win...

The US scrum is best with heavy 4-8 forwards, which they clearly had in this game, even by Georgian or T1 standards.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby fullbackace » Mon, 27 Nov 2017, 15:08

datodato wrote:The yellow card for Chilachava was veeeeery lucky. If it wasn't my team I would be extremely unhappy that the ref didn't show a red card. He leads with his forearm to the head of the (falling) US player. That to me is clearly a red card. And also the first penalty try was really weird... Ok, I guess we might have pushed them over a few times and would have gotten that penalty try anyway but to give away a penalty try after one push is really odd. The US was maybe the toughest opponent in the scrums for uns since Romania. But they pushed early every single time it has to be said. Still a very lucky win...

We're 1-1 in lucky wins then. :D
Don't Pray For Easy lives, Pray for enough Beer!

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby datodato » Mon, 27 Nov 2017, 17:46

fullbackace wrote:
datodato wrote:The yellow card for Chilachava was veeeeery lucky. If it wasn't my team I would be extremely unhappy that the ref didn't show a red card. He leads with his forearm to the head of the (falling) US player. That to me is clearly a red card. And also the first penalty try was really weird... Ok, I guess we might have pushed them over a few times and would have gotten that penalty try anyway but to give away a penalty try after one push is really odd. The US was maybe the toughest opponent in the scrums for uns since Romania. But they pushed early every single time it has to be said. Still a very lucky win...

We're 1-1 in lucky wins then. :D

And we didn't cheat! :D

Previous

Return to Rugby Forum