Tier 2 & 3 Rugby Forum

25th November - Fiji vs Canada

Posts: 1674
Joined: Tue, 06 Oct 2015, 22:54
National Flag:
SpainSpain

Re: 25th November - Fiji vs Canada

Postby Armchair Fan » Sat, 25 Nov 2017, 19:35

snapper37 wrote:We aren't qualifying for the world cup.

Come on... Even if you lose against Uruguay your rival could potentially be Spain in a neutral ground, while you defeated us last week away...

Posts: 232
Joined: Thu, 01 May 2014, 08:33
Location: Auckland
National Flag:
New ZealandNew Zealand

Re: 25th November - Fiji vs Canada

Postby Muzzy » Sun, 26 Nov 2017, 01:41

Yeah at times Fiji showed when they get it together, they can be dangerous against any team in the world. Fiji could have cut Canada to shreds, but too many of the same errors they showed against Italy and Ireland. We were just lucky Canada let us off the hook with errors of their own. A lot of times Fijians were running by themselves straight into 3 opposition forwards, thats going to be a turn over every time. Kunatani and Yato played well, its a real asset to have these tall lanky guys in the forwards along with Nakarawa. Good to see Kunatani playing well as a forward. Not sure if Viliame Mata is injured, but he was in the team during the PNC. Imagine Kunatani, Yato, Nakarawa, Mata and even Botia in the same forward pack. Seniloli looked good when he came on in the last 10 minutes, he's a good play maker around the field. Nadolo was looking fat lol.

Posts: 873
Joined: Thu, 15 Dec 2016, 11:18
National Flag:
KenyaKenya

Re: 25th November - Fiji vs Canada

Postby Neptune » Sun, 26 Nov 2017, 02:22

Muzzy wrote:Yeah at times Fiji showed when they get it together, they can be dangerous against any team in the world. Fiji could have cut Canada to shreds, but too many of the same errors they showed against Italy and Ireland. We were just lucky Canada let us off the hook with errors of their own. A lot of times Fijians were running by themselves straight into 3 opposition forwards, thats going to be a turn over every time. Kunatani and Yato played well, its a real asset to have these tall lanky guys in the forwards along with Nakarawa. Good to see Kunatani playing well as a forward. Not sure if Viliame Mata is injured, but he was in the team during the PNC. Imagine Kunatani, Yato, Nakarawa, Mata and even Botia in the same forward pack. Seniloli looked good when he came on in the last 10 minutes, he's a good play maker around the field. Nadolo was looking fat lol.


Hehehe, I wonder who made the decision to put Nadolo on the wing. Every Fijian wants to be a back player, even the ones who weigh 110 kgs and above. Nadolo would be put to good use as a second row or back row. Even the forwards themselves play no contact rugby like the backs. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Posts: 268
Joined: Sun, 06 Dec 2015, 06:42
National Flag:
CanadaCanada

Re: 25th November - Fiji vs Canada

Postby snapper37 » Sun, 26 Nov 2017, 06:24

LittleGuy wrote:
north walian wrote:who was unavailable?


For the last two games Ardron and Carpenter for most of the tour. Completely..... Evans, O'Leary, McRorie, Trainor, Hassler, Cejanovic, Braid, Blevins, Keith, Desmond. A couple of others but they are around the same quality or worse than the guys that went.

O'Leary and Evans were missed in a big way, even McRorie backing up Mack or being put in at FH would have been nice, Hassler is amazing, Ardron and Carps missing hurt a lot today. Trainor and Braid could have pushed Staller and Coe to the bench.

I'm not certain on that snapper, like it is possible, but with most of the boys showing up we can beat Uruguay maybe it's even a 50/50. If not we still have the repechage route which will be against the likes of Korea, Spain, Kenya et. al. if we can beat Spain than I think we can get through that round, unless of course tons of people can't make it.


First off i bet the Repechage game will be against Russia and i have doubts. Ardron was missed but Carps wasn't, unless they move him to Hooker his time is done, as is Barkwell (too slow, too short throw are shit). Not a fan of McRorie at all, if we can bring some of the 7's guys in then we have a shot, if we don't were done.....

Posts: 268
Joined: Sun, 06 Dec 2015, 06:42
National Flag:
CanadaCanada

Re: 25th November - Fiji vs Canada

Postby snapper37 » Sun, 26 Nov 2017, 06:24

Armchair Fan wrote:
snapper37 wrote:We aren't qualifying for the world cup.

Come on... Even if you lose against Uruguay your rival could potentially be Spain in a neutral ground, while you defeated us last week away...


Russia

Posts: 727
Joined: Thu, 16 Jul 2015, 17:26
National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Re: 25th November - Fiji vs Canada

Postby RugbyPUBtbilisi » Sun, 26 Nov 2017, 06:31

Neptune wrote:
Hehehe, I wonder who made the decision to put Nadolo on the wing. Every Fijian wants to be a back player, even the ones who weigh 110 kgs and above. Nadolo would be put to good use as a second row or back row. Even the forwards themselves play no contact rugby like the backs. :lol: :lol: :lol:


Nadolonis world star wing, he is massive, runs fast, charges like bull, kicks to the goal.

Who will put him in 2nd row?!

Posts: 1674
Joined: Tue, 06 Oct 2015, 22:54
National Flag:
SpainSpain

Re: 25th November - Fiji vs Canada

Postby Armchair Fan » Sun, 26 Nov 2017, 09:45

snapper37 wrote:
Armchair Fan wrote:
snapper37 wrote:We aren't qualifying for the world cup.

Come on... Even if you lose against Uruguay your rival could potentially be Spain in a neutral ground, while you defeated us last week away...


Russia

¿The same Russia you destroyed last year? I understand you're worried, but even in the repechage you'd be heavy favourites.

Previous

Return to Rugby Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 10 guests