Tier 2 & 3 Rugby Forum

The 1014 Rugby - Tier 2 Research

National Flag:
IrelandIreland

The 1014 Rugby - Tier 2 Research

Postby Gareth 1014 Rugby » Wed, 20 Dec 2017, 18:35

Hi everyone, Gareth here from The 1014 Rugby.
We have a free App and YouTube channel covering International rugby. We are doing research for a Youtube video about the global game and Tier 1 - 2 - etc. I found this wonderful forum and some great threads like this one... viewtopic.php?f=3&t=833

If there are other helpful statistics like this it would be great if people could let me know and I can included them in the video... if that was OK?
Wishing everyone a great 2018!!!
Gareth

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Re: The 1014 Rugby - Tier 2 Research

Postby fullbackace » Wed, 20 Dec 2017, 19:15

Gareth 1014 Rugby wrote:Hi everyone, Gareth here from The 1014 Rugby.
We have a free App and YouTube channel covering International rugby. We are doing research for a Youtube video about the global game and Tier 1 - 2 - etc. I found this wonderful forum and some great threads like this one... viewtopic.php?f=3&t=833

If there are other helpful statistics like this it would be great if people could let me know and I can included them in the video... if that was OK?
Wishing everyone a great 2018!!!
Gareth

First of all welcome to the jungle. Nice to have you here. I discovered your channel during November tests and I have to say I'm impressed. English speaking rugby journalists rarely bother with actual Tier 2 research and instead focus on myths, legends and stereotypes. Nice to have somebody who does it like a professional.

As for statistics we should introduce you to "Beber" and "Flidta Risxva". They're the best Tier 2 researchers and statisticians that you can find anywhere, and they do it purely out of enthusiasm. FR also a Commentator, a bit of a legend in these parts because he is one of the people responsible for the rise of Rugby in Georgia(although he wouldn't admit it). There's also 'Beeman' with his blog/twitter http://tier2rugby.blogspot.com/ . For American POV there's Rugby wrap up and the guys in USA/Canada thread. I think that pretty much sums up some of the best sources on Tier 2 rugby. Hopefully we can add 1040 to the list from now on.

Rest of us are mostly former/current players and fans who follow tier 2 rugby.
Last edited by fullbackace on Wed, 20 Dec 2017, 19:19, edited 1 time in total.
Don't Pray For Easy lives, Pray for enough Beer!

National Flag:
United StatesUnited States

Postby TheStroBro » Wed, 20 Dec 2017, 19:19

I do a lot of previews on USA Eagles on my own youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/B1gC4st

National Flag:
IrelandIreland

Postby Gareth 1014 Rugby » Wed, 20 Dec 2017, 19:37

Ahh excellent lads (please excuse the Irish way of calling both male and females 'lads')
Thanks so much for your tips, will definitely check out "Beber" and "Flidta Risxva" and your youtube channel TheStroBro. We want to try and highlight the fact the 'Old boys Club' is still very much in play in Rugby Union, things will get a bit better in 2020-2032 with the new World Rugby plans... but it's baby steps unfortunately.

National Flag:
NetherlandsNetherlands

Postby NedRugby » Wed, 20 Dec 2017, 22:37

Nice site Gareth. You might like to add a link to it to your signature.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby tryman » Wed, 20 Dec 2017, 22:44

I read this forum every single day but rarely get time to post proper content but one thing I will say is that chap Beber has a great insight particularly in Georgian players in France. Always find his posts to be very insightful. He has posted on other sites such as boards in Ireland and other rugby forums I'm sure we also read as well. Flidta Risxva also great too!

Postby FLIDTA RISXVA » Fri, 22 Dec 2017, 06:45

BIG YES, it is a *close shop* | *old boys network *
even in discussing HIA

World's top defence coaches unite to enhance injury-prevention

https://www.worldrugby.org/news/302964

Meeting attendees:

Bill Beaumont (World Rugby Chairman)
Jacques Nienaber (South Africa)
Shaun Edwards (Wales)
Nathan Grey (Australia)
Omar Hassanein (IRPA)
Scott Johnson (Scotland)
Andy Farrell (Ireland)
Paul Gustard (England)
Pablo Bouza (Argentina)
Gerard Bastide (France)
Mark Harrington; Martin Raftery; Ross Tucker (World Rugby)

Return to Rugby Forum