Tier 2 & 3 Rugby Forum

European U18 Championships 2018

National Flag:
United StatesUnited States

Re: European U18 Championships 2018

Postby zgs » Sat, 31 Mar 2018, 17:34

AF wrote:
8-3 win against France B

Dear AF, from your posts I got feeling that you are somehow underestimating the Georgians’ win. Your posts emphasize that Georgia won against France B. I want to remind you that this was an official U18 championship, and the team representing France trashed Romania (67:8) and Spain (38:7) on their way to finals. After loosing against them you “forgot “ to mention that it was France B. France scored only 3 points against Georgians.
Officially this was a France national team. No game-sheets mention that it was France B. Yet, you stubbornly repeat that it was France B, but this is just your guess. The same way, I can announce that Georgia was represented with D team. The fact is that all counties choose their teams and are expected to win this championship.
And now, after the battle is over, and Georgians are celebrating their victory, your messages are unfair and out of place.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby GeoRugby » Sat, 31 Mar 2018, 17:36

BigG wrote:
GeoRugby wrote:
It makes France's behavior shameful (Nothing saying about other six nations' countries).
Again why European Championship is less important than 6N's festival?

It would only make it shameful if they refuse to participate next year. So far I dont blame them for wanting to play 6N teams when they have an opportunity. I blame the others for running away with tails between their legs.

I don't say we should refuse to play there. However it would be relevant send to that festival the "B" team. The main tournament in Europe is the its championship, therefore we need to focus on winning the continental title.

P.S. By the way why they did not invite us this year? The reason is simple. They do not wish to watch how Georgia defeats e.g. Ireland or Scotland.

Yes. The main tournament is the championship but clearly the other 5 couldn't care less about it. I'm not going to include France with them until I see the participating teams for next years championship. You right. Thats exactly why they didnt invite Georgia this or any other year. Their narrow mindedness doesn't allow them to see that they would actually benefit from playing another strong team like Georgia. Fear outweighs common sense.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby amz » Sat, 31 Mar 2018, 17:39

Congrats Georgia, well done! Maybe wasn't the best rugby but it's a big win.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby GeoRugby » Sat, 31 Mar 2018, 17:41

Officially this was a France national team. No game-sheets mention that it was France B.

It was France B. It is fact.

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Postby RugbyLiebe » Sat, 31 Mar 2018, 17:44

zgs wrote:AF wrote:
8-3 win against France B

Dear AF, from your posts I got feeling that you are somehow underestimating the Georgians’ win. Your posts emphasize that Georgia won against France B. I want to remind you that this was an official U18 championship, and the team representing France trashed Romania (67:8) and Spain (38:7) on their way to finals. After loosing against them you “forgot “ to mention that it was France B. France scored only 3 points against Georgians.
Officially this was a France national team. No game-sheets mention that it was France B. Yet, you stubbornly repeat that it was France B, but this is just your guess. The same way, I can announce that Georgia was represented with D team. The fact is that all counties choose their teams and are expected to win this championship.
And now, after the battle is over, and Georgians are celebrating their victory, your messages are unfair and out of place.

Go to the French Union's homepage. They call it France B there. From the beginning. I'm quite sure that AF never ever meant that in a bad way.
But it is France's fault. If they don't send the best team, it is there fault. When the Shame Nations and Italy left the U18 Euro championships and restored their apartheid regime, the ranking was 1st France 2nd Georgia. So Georgia is without a doubt the best U18 team in Europe.

Everybody who thinks otherwise is free to play the U18 Euros next year. Thank you Georgia for winning this!
Last edited by RugbyLiebe on Sat, 31 Mar 2018, 17:44, edited 1 time in total.
How to grow rugby worldwide?
Look at the world ranking in July. Teams ranked 1-10 have to play one team from 11-20 (they don't play in a regular competition) away the next year. 11-20 play 21-30 away and so on. Yes, it really is that simple.

National Flag:
SpainSpain

Postby Armchair Fan » Sat, 31 Mar 2018, 17:44

zgs wrote:Dear AF, from your posts I got feeling that you are somehow underestimating the Georgians’ win.

Officially this was a France national team. No game-sheets mention that it was France B. Yet, you stubbornly repeat that it was France B, but this is just your guess.

From your post I get the feeling you have deep issues to understand what I write. There is no way I'm underestimating what my national team could never dream of, FFS.

And these are FFR press releases all stating it's France B, it's not my invention:
http://www.ffr.fr/Equipes-de-France/Hau ... t-d-Europe
http://www.ffr.fr/Equipes-de-France/Hau ... ur-le-pont
http://www.ffr.fr/Equipes-de-France/Hau ... 8-ans-67-8
http://www.ffr.fr/Equipes-de-France/Hau ... -l-Espagne
http://www.ffr.fr/Equipes-de-France/Hau ... pagne-38-7
http://www.ffr.fr/Equipes-de-France/Hau ... la-Georgie
http://www.ffr.fr/Equipes-de-France/Hau ... 18-ans-3-8

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby Bogdan_DC » Sat, 31 Mar 2018, 17:49

Georgia at junior level is better than their seniors. But More victories for Georgia in junior tournaments against 6N sides will support the claims to open up the senior tournament. I think this is the real reason why they run away like rabbits from Georgia.Portugal and Spain can be tough competitors for them also at this level.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby BigG » Sat, 31 Mar 2018, 17:54

Bogdan_DC wrote: Portugal and Spain can be tough competitors for them also at this level.

Yes, they as well as others soon will compete with 6Ns junior teams at equal level.

National Flag:
SpainSpain

Postby Armchair Fan » Sat, 31 Mar 2018, 17:58

I'll add another thing. For Italy a big part of their Six Nations lobbying started when they beat France A in 1993. Yes, it was France A, not France. It doesn't matter at all. But they don't say their first victory over France was in 1993, that happened in 1997, in Grenoble. You can perfectly defend your case without misleading anybody. It's way more powerful to tell 5 out of the 6 Nations ran away from the championship and that France switched to its B when you were catching up than trying to cheat people and bring up confusion.

In this forum we are all aware of what this means and we all celebrate it. I know you'll probably be already 'killing' me in forum.ge, but it's just an advice and an opinion.

National Flag:
ItalyItaly

Postby Canalina » Sat, 31 Mar 2018, 18:04

Maybe "France B" doesn't mean that all their best players went to Wales and all the second choices to Poland, maybe they formed two teams more or less similar picking the one slightly better for the Six Nations. We can't know

Meanwhile also Italy did well, losing just in the last minutes versus Ireland after having recovered from 5-17 to 17-17
"Six Nations" U18, day one
Scotland v England 32-27
Wales v France 14-22
Ireland v Italy 20-17
Ranking should be: Scotland 5, France 4, Ireland 4, England 2, Italy 1, Wales 0

National Flag:
SpainSpain

Postby Armchair Fan » Sat, 31 Mar 2018, 18:07

Canalina wrote:Maybe "France B" doesn't mean that all their best players went to Wales and all the second choices to Poland, maybe they formed two teams more or less similar picking the one slightly better for the Six Nations. We can't know

From the press release before the start of both tournaments:
"Nous avons donc décidé de faire deux groupes de niveau, une équipe A qui fera le Festival et une B qui fera le Championnat d’Europe."

I'm not a master of translation, but "groupes de niveau" is used in schools to talk about regrouping pupils depending on their skills...

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby fullbackace » Sat, 31 Mar 2018, 18:10

BigG wrote:
GeoRugby wrote: It doesn't make Georgia victory any less.

It makes France's behavior shameful (Nothing saying about other six nations' countries).
Again why European Championship is less important than 6N's festival?

Can we for once enjoy victory without moaning about something ? France brought the B team because they thought it was a right thing to do for them, there is no shame or tragedy in it. It's nobody's business how France decides to raise their kids.
Don't Pray For Easy lives, Pray for enough Beer!

Postby FLIDTA RISXVA » Sat, 31 Mar 2018, 19:14

Is this game-sheet correct :?:

http://www.rugbyeurope.eu/sites/default ... eorgia.pdf

Did GEO used only TWO subs :?:

If that penalty was goaled after 69'
then when FT called :?:

REMINDER: U18 games are 2 * 35'

National Flag:
ItalyItaly

Postby Canalina » Sun, 01 Apr 2018, 06:08