Tier 2 & 3 Rugby Forum

Belgium V Spain (World Cup shootout)

National Flag:
IrelandIreland

Re: Belgium V Spain (World Cup shootout)

Postby Grayday88 » Sat, 31 Mar 2018, 22:05

BLASICO wrote:Spanish web forum info right now ...

* WR entered fully into its own investigation ...
* WR contact directly with the players (not federations) of Spain, Romania, Belgium and Russia so that each one presents his papers to prove his eligibility for each selection, for that reason the postponement.
* The game is not going to play again
* But if it is shown that some selection use illegible players will sanction it as it happened a month ago with another selection.
* The Romanian / Tongan is very clear and the Romanian defense does not exist, they are limited to a simple "we did not know"
* Spanish players under suspicion of being NOT eligible would all be with documentation and justification to be able to represent Spain without problems.
* If confirmed, the issue would be on track to be resolved.
* Penalty for Referee, sanctions for players, call of attention and possible resignation of some executives of ER. Romania out, if Spain and Russia are clean enter them as E1 and E2 respectively. WR would change the rules of the game in ER from now on.

If this is proven as correct RE needs wound up and replaced by a completely new organisation

National Flag:
AustraliaAustralia

Postby netrug1 » Sat, 31 Mar 2018, 22:13

Who are the players from Romania, Spain and Belgium whose eligibility for the RWC are being questioned?

I believe it is Sione Faka'osilia from Romania and Mathieu Belie from Spain. However, could someone tell the name of the other Spaniard and the Belgian, please?

National Flag:
FranceFrance

Postby beber » Sat, 31 Mar 2018, 22:36

netrug1 wrote:Who are the players from Romania, Spain and Belgium whose eligibility for the RWC are being questioned?

I believe it is Sione Faka'osilia from Romania and Mathieu Belie from Spain. However, could someone tell the name of the other Spaniard and the Belgian, please?

Bastien Fuster from Spain, Victor Paquet from Belgium

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby Zhenya_Zima » Sat, 31 Mar 2018, 22:51

BLASICO wrote:Spanish web forum info right now ...

* WR entered fully into its own investigation ...
* WR contact directly with the players (not federations) of Spain, Romania, Belgium and Russia so that each one presents his papers to prove his eligibility for each selection, for that reason the postponement.
* The game is not going to play again
* But if it is shown that some selection use illegible players will sanction it as it happened a month ago with another selection.
* The Romanian / Tongan is very clear and the Romanian defense does not exist, they are limited to a simple "we did not know"
* Spanish players under suspicion of being NOT eligible would all be with documentation and justification to be able to represent Spain without problems.
* If confirmed, the issue would be on track to be resolved.
* Penalty for Referee, sanctions for players, call of attention and possible resignation of some executives of ER. Romania out, if Spain and Russia are clean enter them as E1 and E2 respectively. WR would change the rules of the game in ER from now on.

With exception of the two Spaniards (selective reporting - ESP have proved how they do qualify for ESP, they are not prepared for how they do not - ROM to lead challenge), this is all correct from my understandings from different source. ROM look done. I have no problem with any of this.

GER, after actively trying to throw this entire REC, might be about to progress in RWC qualifying. This is all insane, and, I would like to add, unwanted
Last edited by Zhenya_Zima on Sat, 31 Mar 2018, 23:03, edited 1 time in total.

National Flag:
WalesWales

Postby A_FlyingMegaKiwi » Sat, 31 Mar 2018, 22:59

sk 88 wrote:Is there a list anywhere of who has used the 7s loophole?

I think Cooper Vuna, Tim Nanai-Williams and Anton Rudoy all spring to mind. I think England used it to cap a 7s guy (Warwick something?)

I believe that was Warwick Lahmert. Played for NZ Sevens first.

National Flag:
SpainSpain

Postby ForzaAtleti » Sun, 01 Apr 2018, 00:30

It may sound arrogant but it seems that all my information provided was correct. Do not thank me!!

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby STMKY » Sun, 01 Apr 2018, 07:32

Question to the Germans. If you are told to play qualification against Portugal \ Samoa you will be able to invite your strongest squad?

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Postby germanbullsfan » Sun, 01 Apr 2018, 08:16

STMKY wrote:Question to the Germans. If you are told to play qualification against Portugal \ Samoa you will be able to invite your strongest squad?

Thats the wrong question , it must be said , will you be able to pay your best squad ?

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby Vova12 » Sun, 01 Apr 2018, 08:45

germanbullsfan wrote:
STMKY wrote:Question to the Germans. If you are told to play qualification against Portugal \ Samoa you will be able to invite your strongest squad?

Thats the wrong question , it must be said , will you be able to pay your best squad ?

Where can i read about the conflict in Germany rugby?
I know little about what happened ...

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby Vova12 » Sun, 01 Apr 2018, 08:59

I think i can read about this in topic of German rugby!
It was obvious! :D

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby BigG » Sun, 01 Apr 2018, 09:20

According to latest information the World Rugby made a decision on WC 2019 extension.
Investigation of cases of ineligibility of players as well as other cases is cancelled, therefore Romania, Spain, Russia, Belgium will take part in WC 2019 in Japan.

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby STMKY » Sun, 01 Apr 2018, 09:21

germanbullsfan wrote:

How much does it cost if you invite all the best? For the sake of the World Cup, is the German Union ready to pay this money?

Postby FLIDTA RISXVA » Sun, 01 Apr 2018, 09:32

BigG wrote:According to latest information the World Rugby made a decision on WC 2019 extension.

Investigation of cases of ineligibility of players as well as other cases is cancelled, therefore Romania, Spain, Russia, Belgium will take part in WC 2019 in Japan.

WELL, expansion to 24 teams was well overdue and
it seems the only recipe to cure the VLAD headache :lol:

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby Vova12 » Sun, 01 Apr 2018, 09:39

I can not find the fairy tale "Shemyakin court" in English))

http://skazachok.ru/shemyakin-sud/

But still i"m happy!

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby BigG » Sun, 01 Apr 2018, 09:43

FLIDTA RISXVA wrote:
BigG wrote:According to latest information the World Rugby made a decision on WC 2019 extension.

WELL, expansion to 24 teams was well overdue and
it seems the only recipe to cure the VLAD headache :lol:

I forgot to mention that Vlad is nominated for the best referee in 2019.

Postby FLIDTA RISXVA » Sun, 01 Apr 2018, 10:01

According to TCHoReBy.abh both he and Robin will be promoted as TMOs for REC 2019

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby Vova12 » Sun, 01 Apr 2018, 10:31

April fools!
Today i do not believe anyone!

National Flag:
SpainSpain

Postby ForzaAtleti » Sun, 01 Apr 2018, 11:21

Postby armchair_expert » Sun, 01 Apr 2018, 11:30

Romanian fly-half, Tongan-born Sione Faka’osilea, who has appeared frequently this season, is not qualified for Romania. Each rugby nation has a nominated “capture” team and if one of their nationals plays for that side he can never switch nations. The capture team in Tonga is the Tongan Sevens side, for whom Faka’osilea has played.

quality journalism by award-winning Stephen Jones

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby datodato » Sun, 01 Apr 2018, 11:56

armchair_expert wrote:
Romanian fly-half, Tongan-born Sione Faka’osilea, who has appeared frequently this season, is not qualified for Romania. Each rugby nation has a nominated “capture” team and if one of their nationals plays for that side he can never switch nations. The capture team in Tonga is the Tongan Sevens side, for whom Faka’osilea has played.

quality journalism by award-winning Stephen Jones

Wow... is this true?

National Flag:
Great BritainGreat Britain

Postby sk 88 » Sun, 01 Apr 2018, 12:50

carbonero wrote:The Spanish media is poorly sourced. If Faka'osilea is deemed ineligible, Russia goes directly to the World Cup and Spain stays in the playoff.

Also, we still have no answer on Belie’s eligibility.

We don't know that.

In domestic rugby a team playing an ineligible player has points deducted rather than results reversed. If they go with that route Spain would qualify.

National Flag:
BrazilBrazil

Postby victorsra » Sun, 01 Apr 2018, 13:53

That is true. Tahiti lost its "points" in the playoff. As it was a playoff, the Cook Islands advanced, but it wasn't awarded a victory in the match to the Cooks. Right?
Brazilian Rugby News: www.portaldorugby.com.br

Previous

Return to Rugby Forum