Tier 2 & 3 Rugby Forum

Belgium V Spain (World Cup shootout)

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Re: Belgium V Spain (World Cup shootout)

Postby datodato » Sat, 31 Mar 2018, 18:26

„Spanish press reporting that Alain Roland has reviewed Vlad Iordachescu’s refereeing performance from the RWC qualifier of Belgium vs Spain and has concluded that:

“Iordachescu will not return to officiating matches at that level”.“

I am quoting. He is World Rugby's 'High Performance 15s Match Officials' Manager'.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby datodato » Sat, 31 Mar 2018, 18:31

Details also note that Romania will be disqualified from competing at RWC 2019 due to Sione Faka'osilea having played qualifiers when not eligible.

Spain to take Romania’s place with Russia into repecharge if they beat Portugal.

Spain, meanwhile, are to be notably sanctioned by World Rugby. Guillaume Rouet and Pierre Barthere, and there could be more, are to be cited for referee abuse - conduct contrary to rugby.

Ban on some Spanish players. ‘probably out of RWC’

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby Bogdan_DC » Sat, 31 Mar 2018, 18:37

These are pure speculations But Yes, we are in HOT water with Faka’osilea case.

National Flag:
SpainSpain

Postby BLASICO » Sat, 31 Mar 2018, 18:41

datodato wrote:Details also note that Romania will be disqualified from competing at RWC 2019 due to Sione Faka'osilea having played qualifiers when not eligible.

Spain to take Romania’s place with Russia into repecharge if they beat Portugal.

Spain, meanwhile, are to be notably sanctioned by World Rugby. Guillaume Rouet and Pierre Barthere, and there could be more, are to be cited for referee abuse - conduct contrary to rugby.

Out of RWC? are u joking?
Nobody hit the ref

I would be the worst long term ban ever. One year and a half? Lol

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby amz » Sat, 31 Mar 2018, 18:47

Spain have to face two formal complaints for two players for eligibility reasons.

Only two Spanish players cited would be extremely lenient.

National Flag:
PolandPoland

Postby Her Man » Sat, 31 Mar 2018, 19:04

@Datodato

Mate, are you faking or informing?

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby datodato » Sat, 31 Mar 2018, 19:06

I can’t confirm it. I can post the Spanish article but could not verify it but it seems like hot news.

National Flag:
ArgentinaArgentina

Postby carbonero » Sat, 31 Mar 2018, 19:11

The Spanish media is poorly sourced. If Faka'osilea is deemed ineligible, Russia goes directly to the World Cup and Spain stays in the playoff.

Also, we still have no answer on Belie’s eligibility.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby datodato » Sat, 31 Mar 2018, 19:26

carbonero wrote:The Spanish media is poorly sourced. If Faka'osilea is deemed ineligible, Russia goes directly to the World Cup and Spain stays in the playoff.

Isn’t Spain in front of Russia? If Spain has no problems with eligibility then it is correct.

National Flag:
ArgentinaArgentina

Postby carbonero » Sat, 31 Mar 2018, 19:40

The last precedent was overturning the results of the games where the ineligible players participated (Tahiti). Faka'osilea played both matches against Russia and the away fixture in Madrid. If those results are overturned, then Russia finishes with 30 points and Spain with 27 points.

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby STMKY » Sat, 31 Mar 2018, 19:40

Artemiev said that while McDermott remains the head coach, but if we get to the World Cup, then they will look for the top coach. There are options?

National Flag:
SpainSpain

Postby BLASICO » Sat, 31 Mar 2018, 19:41

carbonero wrote:The Spanish media is poorly sourced. If Faka'osilea is deemed ineligible, Russia goes directly to the World Cup and Spain stays in the playoff.

Belie?
More than one year wating for the OK of WR is enough prove that there is no issue.

FER had the OK from them.

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby Vova12 » Sat, 31 Mar 2018, 19:42

STMKY wrote:Artemiev said that while McDermott remains the head coach, but if we get to the World Cup, then they will look for the top coach. There are options?

Сплюнь!

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby STMKY » Sat, 31 Mar 2018, 19:46

Vova12 wrote:
STMKY wrote:Artemiev said that while McDermott remains the head coach, but if we get to the World Cup, then they will look for the top coach. There are options?

Сплюнь!

It was obvious after Krasnodar
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJfZj-SMq4A

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby Vova12 » Sat, 31 Mar 2018, 19:49

STMKY wrote:
Vova12 wrote:

Сплюнь!

It was obvious after Krasnodar
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJfZj-SMq4A

You a fatalist ))

National Flag:
ArgentinaArgentina

Postby carbonero » Sat, 31 Mar 2018, 19:57

BLASICO wrote:Belie? More than one year wating for the OK of WR is enough prove that there is no issue. FER had the OK from them.

Yeah, but we need to hear their official response. This is from the piece that datodato was quoting:

La Federación Rusa ha pedido que se investigue si Rumanía incurrió en alineación indebida con la presencia del tongano nacionalizado rumano Sione Faka'osilea en varios de los partidos de clasificación para el Mundial de Japón 2019. Faka'osilea participó en partidos de las Series Mundiales de Seven con Tonga en 2014. Entonces contaba con más de 20 años, por lo que la normativa no le permitiría jugar con otra selección, ya que World Rugby inhabilita a un jugador para defender a un país si, anteriormente, se ha representado a otro tras superar los 20 años de edad.

It says that World Rugby deems that a player ineligible if they had represented another federation after turning 20 year of age.

World Rugby regulations talk about age of majority not turning 20. The 2017 changes state that U20 cannot be used anymore as next representative team but Belie had already been capped for Spain before that so I can’t see how you could apply it retroactively. Maybe World Rugby green lighted the whole thing but again we need to hear that officially from the FER.

National Flag:
ItalyItaly

Postby Canalina » Sat, 31 Mar 2018, 20:02

BLASICO wrote:
datodato wrote:Details also note that Romania will be disqualified from competing at RWC 2019 due to Sione Faka'osilea having played qualifiers when not eligible.

Nobody hit the ref

I call it intimidation. I've never seen a similar scene in rugby, before. Of course I've nothing against Spain but I'd find fair a long long suspension

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby amz » Sat, 31 Mar 2018, 20:03

FER didn't said a thing about the complaints against them, if they're official or not. They seem to react only on what's on twitter

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby STMKY » Sat, 31 Mar 2018, 20:19

Some new information and our Western friends are shocked 8-)
https://www.reddit.com/r/rugbyunion/com ... ussia_and/

National Flag:
United StatesUnited States

Postby Coloradoan » Sat, 31 Mar 2018, 20:54

In that case, who goes to the RWC and who goes to repechage would depend on whether or not Romania were disqualified entirely or whether just the matches he played in were forfeited.

National Flag:
SpainSpain

Postby BLASICO » Sat, 31 Mar 2018, 21:18

carbonero wrote:
BLASICO wrote:Belie? More than one year wating for the OK of WR is enough prove that there is no issue. FER had the OK from them.

Yeah, but we need to hear their official response. This is from the piece that datodato was quoting:

La Federación Rusa ha pedido que se investigue si Rumanía incurrió en alineación indebida con la presencia del tongano nacionalizado rumano Sione Faka'osilea en varios de los partidos de clasificación para el Mundial de Japón 2019. Faka'osilea participó en partidos de las Series Mundiales de Seven con Tonga en 2014. Entonces contaba con más de 20 años, por lo que la normativa no le permitiría jugar con otra selección, ya que World Rugby inhabilita a un jugador para defender a un país si, anteriormente, se ha representado a otro tras superar los 20 años de edad.

It says that World Rugby deems that a player ineligible if they had represented another federation after turning 20 year of age.

World Rugby regulations talk about age of majority not turning 20. The 2017 changes state that U20 cannot be used anymore as next representative team but Belie had already been capped for Spain before that so I can’t see how you could apply it retroactively. Maybe World Rugby green lighted the whole thing but again we need to hear that officially from the FER.

You are wrong.
If an official complain comes, then FER will show the documents.
FER doesnt have to do anything till this moment.

National Flag:
ArgentinaArgentina

Postby carbonero » Sat, 31 Mar 2018, 21:24

I’m not trying to be an asshole. Romania thought Faka'osilea was eligible and he clearly wasn’t so the FER might be wrong as well. I just can’t find any piece of information that shows that Belie is eligible.

National Flag:
SpainSpain

Postby BLASICO » Sat, 31 Mar 2018, 21:31

Canalina wrote:
BLASICO wrote:

Nobody hit the ref

I call it intimidation. I've never seen a similar scene in rugby, before. Of course I've nothing against Spain but I'd find fair a long long suspension

Imaging the ref robbed you deleverated, and 4 years of work road to the RWC is going down due to f*cking corruption in RE.

I've never seen a similar arbitration in rugby before.

Just waiting for justice!

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby amz » Sat, 31 Mar 2018, 21:34

BLASICO wrote:

Imaging the ref robbed you deleverated, and 4 years of work road to the RWC is going down due to f*cking corruption in RE.

I've never seen a similar arbitration in rugby before.

Just waiting for justice!

I think eventually we would have ref killed or seriously injured if game would have allowed any type of abuse on ref until now. I don't think WR will start not to look into it differently.

National Flag:
SpainSpain

Postby BLASICO » Sat, 31 Mar 2018, 21:59

Spanish web forum info right now ...

* WR entered fully into its own investigation ...
* WR contact directly with the players (not federations) of Spain, Romania, Belgium and Russia so that each one presents his papers to prove his eligibility for each selection, for that reason the postponement.
* The game is not going to play again
* But if it is shown that some selection use illegible players will sanction it as it happened a month ago with another selection.
* The Romanian / Tongan is very clear and the Romanian defense does not exist, they are limited to a simple "we did not know"
* Spanish players under suspicion of being NOT eligible would all be with documentation and justification to be able to represent Spain without problems.
* If confirmed, the issue would be on track to be resolved.
* Penalty for Referee, sanctions for players, call of attention and possible resignation of some executives of ER. Romania out, if Spain and Russia are clean enter them as E1 and E2 respectively. WR would change the rules of the game in ER from now on.

PreviousNext

Return to Rugby Forum