National Flag:
UgandaUganda

Re: 2018 African Gold Cup

Postby ugrugbychiclet » Mon, 09 Jul 2018, 14:03

Canalina wrote:Bad visus injuries for an Uganda player

- - -
9th July 2018.
UPDATE ON NATIONAL XV TEAM PLAYER- MARVIN ODONGO
The Rugby Cranes back row player Marvin Odongo sustained injuries on Saturday 7th July 2018 in Nairobi while
playing for the Uganda team against the Kenya National team. He sustained fractures to the nose and the jaw
as well as a hit to the head.
Together with immense support from Kenya Rugby Union, Marvin was immediately taken to Nairobi Hospital
and all the necessary scans done and he was stabilised. The scans revealed that there was no damage to the
brain which was a huge relief. However he had a fractured glabellar bone and a fracture of the nasal complex
plus maxilla.
The Uganda Rugby Union had earlier this year negotiated and paid our medical cover with UMC Victoria
hospital which is a very excellent facility. This facility has been handling all the injury related cases for all the
national team players and very recently performed surgery on Lawrence Ssebuliba who got a fracture during
the Gold Cup game played in Windhoek.
Unfortunately for Marvin, it is risky for him to travel back to seek medical care at UMC because of the nose
bleeds and uncertainty with the cabin pressure in the plane. As such his facial reconstruction surgery needs to
be done in Nairobi.
The Sports Ministry has been engaged and a decision has been reached to have the surgery done in Nairobi
Hospital immediately. The Ministry and the URU have reached an understanding to pay for this procedure in
Nairobi although these funds may not be accessible now since it is some process before this is completed.
We hope that this procedure will be done immediately and that Marvin can then return to Uganda and
continue his rehabilitation at UMC Victoria where we have sufficient cover.
We encourage all friends of the support to contribute as they so can. Contributions can be made to
+256777912029 (Godwin Kayangwe) in Uganda and +254728600181(Benjamin Mugisha) in Kenya.
We immensely thank Kenya Rugby Union, the Ugandan Community in Kenya, the Uganda Rugby Community,
the Sports Ministry of Uganda and above all the Family of Marvin who are all standing with him in this tough
time.
Godwin A. Kayangwe
Hon. Secretary
Uganda Rugby Union.

- - -
PS: I've some euros on PayPal account. Do you think I can donate them, via PayPal, to one of those phone numbers? If so, may you explain me the procedure?

Yes, you can. Using World Remit. https://www.worldremit.com/ The Ugandan network is MTN while the Kenyan network is Safaricom. Let me know if you need help getting it done and I can try and walk you through it.

National Flag:
ItalyItaly

Postby Canalina » Mon, 09 Jul 2018, 14:29

ugrugbychiclet wrote:Yes, you can. Using World Remit. https://www.worldremit.com/ The Ugandan network is MTN while the Kenyan network is Safaricom. Let me know if you need help getting it done and I can try and walk you through it.

Sent you a PM

Anyway the situation seems less bad than how the press communicate seemed meaning, at least judging by this photo. The player is at the hospital but smiling and with no evident bandages
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DhqKX-lUYAAqoE2.jpg

National Flag:
ItalyItaly

Postby Canalina » Thu, 12 Jul 2018, 06:11

A cartoon from a namibian newspaper. I can't read the afrikaans but the worm seems joking about the gap between Namibia and the pursuers

National Flag:
Isle of ManIsle of Man

Postby Ser Podrick of Payne » Thu, 12 Jul 2018, 09:15

Canalina wrote:A cartoon from a namibian newspaper. I can't read the afrikaans but the worm seems joking about the gap between Namibia and the pursuers

Something to the effect of "Well done, you are out in front of ..."

National Flag:
ItalyItaly

Postby Canalina » Thu, 12 Jul 2018, 10:11

Thank you SPoP

- -

Gold Cup top scorers after the first half of the tournament, according to my calculations

LOUBSER Nam 48 pts (2 tries)
MUKIDZA Ken 29
TAMBWERA Zim 26 (1)
GREYLING  Nam 25 (5)
BOTHA  Nam 22 (4)
KLIM Nam 20 (4)
CHENGE Ken 20 (4)

Postby FLIDTA RISXVA » Sat, 14 Jul 2018, 09:35

https://translate.google.com.hk/?hl=en# ... Kenia%20...

Nice so, Namibia, you are loose, than Kenya ...

Previous

Return to Rugby Forum