Tier 2 & 3 Rugby Forum

Canadian rugby

National Flag:
SpainSpain

Re: Canadian rugby

Postby Armchair Fan » Sun, 03 Feb 2019, 01:05

I know Opera has a pretty good one included in its browser, maybe you can install it quickly https://www.opera.com/computer/features/free-vpn

National Flag:
CanadaCanada

Postby ruckovercdn » Sun, 03 Feb 2019, 01:26

Stream is back up.

National Flag:
AustraliaAustralia

Postby thatrugbyguy » Sun, 03 Feb 2019, 01:59

Who the hell's the second commentator in the match? I seriously can't tell if it's male or female.

National Flag:
NetherlandsNetherlands

Postby Silver Fox » Sun, 03 Feb 2019, 17:34

I'll refrain from commenting on that last post, TRG.

But to judge her expertise I suggest you read the article https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phaidra_Knight fully to the last line.

National Flag:
CanadaCanada

Postby ruckovercdn » Sun, 03 Feb 2019, 22:04

I think she was fucking excellent honestly, much better than the usual commentary for Canada.

God, remember when this thread was active and we still believed this team was better than the ranking they hold?

National Flag:
AustraliaAustralia

Postby thatrugbyguy » Sun, 03 Feb 2019, 22:40

I care little about her expertise. Her voice was simply annoying to listen to.

National Flag:
United StatesUnited States

Postby TheStroBro » Sun, 03 Feb 2019, 23:34

ruckovercdn wrote:I think she was fucking excellent honestly, much better than the usual commentary for Canada.

God, remember when this thread was active and we still believed this team was better than the ranking they hold?

Phaidra was horrible. She didn't know any of the stuff she was talking about when it came to the US players. FLO Sports isn't paying for the broadcast talent that has previously commentated on Test Rugby. All of them are covering MLR games.

National Flag:
IrelandIreland

Postby Grayday88 » Mon, 04 Feb 2019, 16:45

Seeing Canada struggle so much with goal kicking against Uruguay I can’t help but wonder why Canada don’t play Brock Staller. Any thoughts?

Postby 4N » Mon, 04 Feb 2019, 17:33

Grayday88 wrote:Seeing Canada struggle so much with goal kicking against Uruguay I can’t help but wonder why Canada don’t play Brock Staller. Any thoughts?

He should be in the squad, others shouldn’t (especially Parfrey).

National Flag:
IrelandIreland

Postby Grayday88 » Thu, 07 Feb 2019, 23:49

I saw this earlier on a rugby league website https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/salford- ... ion-18988/ I know the previous issue with a late payment was resolved but I was wondering if anyone had heard anymore about this

National Flag:

Postby TheStroBro » Fri, 08 Feb 2019, 04:34

Grayday88 wrote:Seeing Canada struggle so much with goal kicking against Uruguay I can’t help but wonder why Canada don’t play Brock Staller. Any thoughts?

Someone asked me if Theo was kicking...and I said yeah...their response was: NOOOOOOOOOOOO.

National Flag:
EnglandEngland

Postby Blurandski » Fri, 08 Feb 2019, 09:53

Grayday88 wrote:I saw this earlier on a rugby league website https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/salford- ... ion-18988/ I know the previous issue with a late payment was resolved but I was wondering if anyone had heard anymore about this

OJX (TWP fan) at TotalRL had the following to say:

"I agree, even as a Toronto fan, it does give me an uneasy feeling about the future of the club as there seems to be a pattern developing:

Players not getting paid at Christmas.
Salford are now apparently taking them to court for Gaz O'Brien fees not being paid.
Wakefield complaining last year about MCB's non-payment of transfer fee.
Winding up order last year for non payment of Ryan Bailey legal fees.
Rumoured non/slow payment of suppliers.
It may become an easy option to move the club to a city in the UK at some point. There are very few roots in Toronto, except a rented stadium and shop front and no youth programs associated with the club. Don't get me wrong, I have love every bit of watching the Wolfpack and this great sport, but why do these stories keep popping up? I'm still hoping for the best. Sorry if this post is Parky bait, as I do believe there is a developing market for RL in Toronto, if the project is given enough time.'

Best case is a cash crunch, worst case is a more permanent cash crunch.

National Flag:
CanadaCanada

Postby snapper37 » Fri, 08 Feb 2019, 22:33

Blurandski wrote:
Grayday88 wrote:I saw this earlier on a rugby league website https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/salford- ... ion-18988/ I know the previous issue with a late payment was resolved but I was wondering if anyone had heard anymore about this

OJX (TWP fan) at TotalRL had the following to say:

"I agree, even as a Toronto fan, it does give me an uneasy feeling about the future of the club as there seems to be a pattern developing:

Players not getting paid at Christmas.
Salford are now apparently taking them to court for Gaz O'Brien fees not being paid.
Wakefield complaining last year about MCB's non-payment of transfer fee.
Winding up order last year for non payment of Ryan Bailey legal fees.
Rumoured non/slow payment of suppliers.
It may become an easy option to move the club to a city in the UK at some point. There are very few roots in Toronto, except a rented stadium and shop front and no youth programs associated with the club. Don't get me wrong, I have love every bit of watching the Wolfpack and this great sport, but why do these stories keep popping up? I'm still hoping for the best. Sorry if this post is Parky bait, as I do believe there is a developing market for RL in Toronto, if the project is given enough time.'

Best case is a cash crunch, worst case is a more permanent cash crunch.

Tick Tock. See ya League and bring on the Arrows

National Flag:
ScotlandScotland

Postby Edinburra » Sat, 09 Feb 2019, 07:54

If the Wolfpack owner is looking to sell , there is a buyer waiting in the wings.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/47090287

National Flag:
CanadaCanada

Postby LittleGuy » Sat, 09 Feb 2019, 22:17

Sauder out for Blevins, Hearn goal kicking as of now and hit his first one.

GREAT Hearn try, he's doing it all today so far.

Brazilian scrum is bossing us around totally and have gotten two penalties off of it already.

Campbell off with maybe a torn ACL or something.

Canada had a solid first fifteen minutes and have been very poor since. the halfback combination of Mackenzie-Parfrey is just not up to even THIS level.

Brazil now UP 12-10 after being down 10-0. Canada just so dour at the moment.

15-10 now, LOL, Canada melting down.

National Flag:
CanadaCanada

Postby LittleGuy » Sat, 09 Feb 2019, 23:31

This is embarrassing stuff from Canada, Mackenzie just threw the ball directly into Tierney's face. One of the sloppiest performances I've seen Canada ever do, aside from Hearn, Lloyd and Blevins most of this side have no business playing international rugby.

National Flag:

Postby TheStroBro » Sat, 09 Feb 2019, 23:40

So...If Canada loses this?

National Flag:
CanadaCanada

Postby GentsRugger » Sat, 09 Feb 2019, 23:56

TheStroBro wrote:So...If Canada loses this?

Send some of these boys home and call up some Arrows. Absolutely no heart shown today. They showed up for the first 10 and last 10. Everything in between that...no heart..no effort..just coasting. The lack of urgency and the body language today was just all around bad. They let Brazil bully them.

National Flag:
CanadaCanada

Postby LittleGuy » Sun, 10 Feb 2019, 00:01

GentsRugger wrote:

Send some of these boys home and call up some Arrows. Absolutely no heart shown today. They showed up for the first 10 and last 10. Everything in between that...no heart..no effort..just coasting. The lack of urgency and the body language today was just all around bad. They let Brazil bully them.

This is SPOT ON. Who has shown passion today? Hearn, Lloyd? Maybe Percillier since he came on? The rest of the team have looked disinterested and have spent more time whinging to the referee than playing hard. Mackenzie throwing the ball into Tierney's face sums up the pathetic display better than anything else.

A small pedantic point but Canada taking the points instead of kicking to the corner earlier would have at least earned them a losing bonus point, a captain actually thinking of the game might have considered that small consolation.

Bryan makes a great point here.....

https://twitter.com/raysrugby/status/10 ... 8167214081

National Flag:
AustraliaAustralia

Postby thatrugbyguy » Sun, 10 Feb 2019, 00:02

Need to get the Arrows pros in ASAP.

National Flag:
CanadaCanada

Postby LittleGuy » Sun, 10 Feb 2019, 00:02

thatrugbyguy wrote:Need to get the Arrows pros in ASAP.

Arrows, call in some overseas guys for a game or two as well, maybe not against Chile but Argentina XV and the Eagles yes.

National Flag:
CanadaCanada

Postby snapper37 » Sun, 10 Feb 2019, 00:05

GentsRugger wrote:

But they get to wear great kit and call themselves National rugby players

National Flag:
AustraliaAustralia

Postby thatrugbyguy » Sun, 10 Feb 2019, 00:05

I was against the ARC moving to August/September due to having to compete with the NFL, but I'm starting to think it's going to be better for the sport if all the teams have access to their pro players.

National Flag:
CanadaCanada

Postby GentsRugger » Sun, 10 Feb 2019, 00:07

Glad you saw the same thing I did, LittleGuy. I guess I wasn't the only person that noticed the lack of passion from the whole team. Even the captain Rumball looked defeated out there. Show some pride in wearing the jersey...or get some guys that will.

National Flag:
IrelandIreland

Postby Grayday88 » Sun, 10 Feb 2019, 00:08

Genuine question how many of the 23 that played today will be at the RWC because if it’s a sizeable number I would be incredibly concerned about Canada’s competiveness

PreviousNext

Return to Rugby Forum