CanadaCanada

Re: Canadian rugby

Unread postby grande » Sun, 03 May 2020, 14:35

Can't believe RC voted for Beaumont...

National Flag:
EnglandEngland

Unread postby Blurandski » Tue, 05 May 2020, 02:54

grande wrote:Can't believe RC voted for Beaumont...

Given Canada's struggles I'm not sure that they benefit from a meritocracy. Same as Samoa.

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Unread postby RugbyLiebe » Tue, 05 May 2020, 07:35

Blurandski wrote:

Given Canada's struggles I'm not sure that they benefit from a meritocracy. Same as Samoa.

So what could have convinced Canada to vote for BB?
Promise of tours?
Easier qualification pathway? Canada would have probably failed to qualify if not for the European eligibility problems. On the other hand qualifcation was just changed to the Americas 6N, so an easier path is maybe not even an option.
How to grow rugby worldwide?
Look at the world ranking in July. Teams ranked 1-10 have to play one team from 11-20 (they don't play in a regular competition) away the next year. 11-20 play 21-30 away and so on. Yes, it really is that simple.

National Flag:
EnglandEngland

Unread postby Chester-Donnelly » Tue, 05 May 2020, 08:50

RugbyLiebe wrote:
Blurandski wrote:

Promise of tours?
Easier qualification pathway? Canada would have probably failed to qualify if not for the European eligibility problems. On the other hand qualifcation was just changed to the Americas 6N, so an easier path is maybe not even an option.

Maybe he promised them a permanent place in the Nations League, so they don't have to play in that regional tournament with Cayman Islands and Trinidad and Tobago.

National Flag:
CanadaCanada

Unread postby snapper37 » Mon, 25 May 2020, 18:22

RugbyLiebe wrote:
Blurandski wrote:

Promise of tours?

Not probably< There is no way in hell that Canada would have qualified. And there are serous worries about making the next one

National Flag:
CanadaCanada

Unread postby snapper37 » Mon, 25 May 2020, 18:26

I can. Rees, Jones and Palfrey are all Welsh and have a kinship with the old country. Pichot is the one that brought the 7's to Vancouver and pushed for the ARC yet we turned our back on him. I have NO love affair with RC at the moment and only follow local rugby.

National Flag:
WalesWales

Unread postby sammo » Wed, 27 May 2020, 14:34

Macron are Canada’s new kit supplier - https://rugby.ca/en/news/2020/05/rugby- ... -agreement

National Flag:
CanadaCanada

Unread postby grande » Wed, 27 May 2020, 19:27

sammo wrote:Macron are Canada’s new kit supplier - https://rugby.ca/en/news/2020/05/rugby- ... -agreement

Macron makes the jerseys for the Canadian Premier League (soccer). My 2019 Forge FC shirt was very nice, fit well, comfortable. I wasn't thrilled with the 2020 designs. Hopefully they do good work for RC.

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Unread postby RugbyLiebe » Thu, 28 May 2020, 08:02

grande wrote:
sammo wrote:Macron are Canada’s new kit supplier - https://rugby.ca/en/news/2020/05/rugby- ... -agreement

Macron makes the jerseys for the Canadian Premier League (soccer). My 2019 Forge FC shirt was very nice, fit well, comfortable. I wasn't thrilled with the 2020 designs. Hopefully they do good work for RC.

We have their gear (actually apart from the shirts due to a long lasting relationsship to a shirt supplier) from them in our club. Good quality.
How to grow rugby worldwide?
Look at the world ranking in July. Teams ranked 1-10 have to play one team from 11-20 (they don't play in a regular competition) away the next year. 11-20 play 21-30 away and so on. Yes, it really is that simple.

National Flag:
CanadaCanada

Unread postby snapper37 » Mon, 01 Jun 2020, 17:33

RugbyLiebe wrote:
grande wrote:

We have their gear (actually apart from the shirts due to a long lasting relationsship to a shirt supplier) from them in our club. Good quality.

Doesn't matter what gear we wear, winning is the only thing important.

National Flag:
EnglandEngland

Unread postby Blurandski » Fri, 05 Jun 2020, 01:07

Macron are good quality and unique. Canterbury being torn apart.

Previous

Return to Rugby Forum