Tier 2 & 3 Rugby Forum

General topic for African Rugby

National Flag:
PolandPoland

Re: General topic for African Rugby

Postby rey200 » Mon, 27 Nov 2017, 10:21

imo World Rugby should be aware of this kind of misdoing, but I don't think they care.

National Flag:
KenyaKenya

Postby Neptune » Mon, 27 Nov 2017, 10:55

In 2014, Kenya beat Namibia and were destined for the 2015 RWC, the only thing we needed was a draw with Zimbabwe to go through , or in the worst case scenario a loss of more than 3 tries was the only way Namibia would be back in contention. That night, whatever conspiracy happened behind closed doors, I don't know, but the following morning when we met Zimbabwe, the referee one by the name of Lourens Van der Merwe swore on his mother's grave that Kenya would loose, and truth be told he participated to ensure we lost by four tries to a very inferior Zim side by four tries to let Namibia slide back in. I wish I had everything on YouTube, but they made sure all evidence was deleted, you can only find the last few minutes on YouTube. Up to this day, we always beat Zim with a bonus. Last year we racked 61 against Zimbabwe in Harare, and this year we racked 41 against them in Bulawayo, but for some reason, Zim beat us on the day we urgently needed a win courtesy of Lourens Van der Merwe, who must have struck some behind the scenes deals with You know who.

National Flag:
KenyaKenya

Postby Neptune » Mon, 27 Nov 2017, 11:02

Also after Kenya winning the 2013 African cup, we were strong contenders to host the 2014 qualifiers. Then the usual suspects went to Rugby Afrique to ensure that never happens, as they knew their qualification would be at risk. They managed to manipulate the process, but still the hosting rights were given to Neutral Madagascar. We still beat them, but they pulled some last minute strings to frustrate our qualification process through one Lourens Van der Merwe.

National Flag:
KenyaKenya

Postby Neptune » Mon, 27 Nov 2017, 11:08

They could easily have manipulated the 7s version, but Kenya is just too fast. We are an athletic nation. So, they only way they knew they could win was frustrating us in the longer version which they have managed to perfect.

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Postby RugbyLiebe » Mon, 27 Nov 2017, 13:44

Neptune wrote:Up to this day, we always beat Zim with a bonus. Last year we racked 61 against Zimbabwe in Harare, and this year we racked 41 against them in Bulawayo, but for some reason, Zim beat us on the day we urgently needed a win courtesy of Lourens Van der Merwe, who must have struck some behind the scenes deals with You know who.

Or, apart from your conspiracy theory, Zimbabwe simply called up all their European based players for that tournament. Also they apparently had a 10-day-training-camp together, which they normally don't get. Before talking conspiracy theories you might double-check that facts. I am also quite positive, that nobody swore on anyone's mother's grave.
http://www.thezimbabwean.co/2014/06/zim ... for-world/
How to grow rugby worldwide?
Look at the world ranking in July. Teams ranked 1-10 have to play one team from 11-20 (they don't play in a regular competition) away the next year. 11-20 play 21-30 away and so on. Yes, it really is that simple.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby amz » Mon, 27 Nov 2017, 13:50

Yeah I do remember Zimbabwe called European based players also some from SA who I didn't noticed in the following events. Probably after the recent political changes Zimbabwean rugby will do better and they will be able to use all their best players, imo they have more potential than Namibia.

Kenya is very good at 7s but they simply lack a pack.
Last edited by amz on Wed, 29 Nov 2017, 08:15, edited 1 time in total.

National Flag:
KenyaKenya

Postby Neptune » Mon, 27 Nov 2017, 15:20

RugbyLiebe wrote:
Neptune wrote:Up to this day, we always beat Zim with a bonus. Last year we racked 61 against Zimbabwe in Harare, and this year we racked 41 against them in Bulawayo, but for some reason, Zim beat us on the day we urgently needed a win courtesy of Lourens Van der Merwe, who must have struck some behind the scenes deals with You know who.

Or, apart from your conspiracy theory, Zimbabwe simply called up all their European based players for that tournament. Also they apparently had a 10-day-training-camp together, which they normally don't get. Before talking conspiracy theories you might double-check that facts. I am also quite positive, that nobody swore on anyone's mother's grave.

I agree, but can you simply explain the fact where all the major decisions go Namibia's way? The last time Namibia came to Nairobi was 11 years ago in 2006, and by then, we never posed any threat to them, hence why they came. Since 2007, they have never set foot in Nairobi, but we always keep travelling to Windhoek.

National Flag:
MacauMacau

Postby olivier » Mon, 27 Nov 2017, 15:47

Zimbabwe will call Europeans again in 2018 and beat Kenya.

National Flag:
ZimbabweZimbabwe

Postby Sables4EVA » Mon, 27 Nov 2017, 17:59

Neptune wrote:In 2014, Kenya beat Namibia and were destined for the 2015 RWC, the only thing we needed was a draw with Zimbabwe to go through , or in the worst case scenario a loss of more than 3 tries was the only way Namibia would be back in contention. That night, whatever conspiracy happened behind closed doors, I don't know, but the following morning when we met Zimbabwe, the referee one by the name of Lourens Van der Merwe swore on his mother's grave that Kenya would loose, and truth be told he participated to ensure we lost by four tries to a very inferior Zim side by four tries to let Namibia slide back in. I wish I had everything on YouTube, but they made sure all evidence was deleted, you can only find the last few minutes on YouTube. Up to this day, we always beat Zim with a bonus. Last year we racked 61 against Zimbabwe in Harare, and this year we racked 41 against them in Bulawayo, but for some reason, Zim beat us on the day we urgently needed a win courtesy of Lourens Van der Merwe, who must have struck some behind the scenes deals with You know who.

You wish you were more superior to us on that day of the 2015 qualifiers. The Sables had Kenyas number that day and it was actually a severe disappointment we didn't get a bonus point that game because our scrum totally squashed any opposition. Our weakness was bad decision making that day and a too cautious approach. Rather than denigrating the Zimbabweans, which by the way I have avoided doing the same to the Simbas due to how tacky those arguments can get, focus more on your other point where Namibia still managed to qualify. The 2015 WC was Zimbabwe's to qualify for and the capitulation of the Makis against Namibia was much more of a farce. I lost all respect for the Madagascar team that day.

The fact is that if Zim had qualified for the 2015 WC there would have been a paradigm sift in African rugby, our overseas based players would now be looking at Zim in a different light and our local league would have grown in quality. As AMZ says, with a new regime that will hopefully improve the economy rugby should start to grow in zim again.

National Flag:
ZimbabweZimbabwe

Postby Sables4EVA » Mon, 27 Nov 2017, 18:04

Rugby Africa Gold Cup Fixtures

16 June 2018
Zimbabwe v Morocco
Namibia v Uganda

23 June 2018
Namibia v Tunisia
Morocco v Kenya

30 June 2018
Kenya v Zimbabwe
Morocco v Namibia

7 July 2018
Kenya v Uganda
Tunisia v Zimbabwe

4 August 2018
Uganda v Tunisia
Zimbabwe v Namibia

11 August 2018
Uganda v Morocco
Kenya v Tunisia

18 August 2018
Uganda v Zimbabwe
Namibia v Kenya
Tunisia v Morocco

National Flag:
ItalyItaly

Postby Canalina » Mon, 27 Nov 2017, 18:45

Is there a reason for that 3-weeks break in july?

National Flag:
BrazilBrazil

Postby victorsra » Mon, 27 Nov 2017, 19:45

Apart from this talk of who is the best, the situation that Namibia always play decisive matches at home is bad for everybody, not only Kenya. Zimbabwe, Madagascar, Uganda, Tunisia, Morocco, everybody, black or white. How those countries are not united in making Rugby Africa fair?
Brazilian Rugby News: www.portaldorugby.com.br

National Flag:
KenyaKenya

Postby Trendsetta » Mon, 27 Nov 2017, 20:57

This conspiracy theories are hilarious.... :lol:

Canalina wrote:Is there a reason for that 3-weeks break in july?

The KRU website says it's because of the rugby world cup sevens from the 20-22 July. This will help some Uganda and Kenya sevens players to also play the qualifiers. :roll: . Rugby Afrique must be favouring Kenya and Uganda :lol:

National Flag:
KenyaKenya

Postby Neptune » Mon, 27 Nov 2017, 22:55

Trendsetta wrote:This conspiracy theories are hilarious.... :lol:

The KRU website says it's because of the rugby world cup sevens from the 20-22 July. This will help some Uganda and Kenya sevens players to also play the qualifiers. :roll: . Rugby Afrique must be favouring Kenya and Uganda :lol:

Hehehe, I had to make this thread more active again, it was too quiet. Even Sables4EVA who has never talked for a year, came out guns blazing today. :lol: :lol:

National Flag:
KenyaKenya

Postby Neptune » Mon, 27 Nov 2017, 23:20

But can someone simply explain why everything goes Namibia's way? The last time we hosted them was 11 years ago, I don't know about Zimbabwe's case, maybe Sables4EVA can tell us.

National Flag:
KenyaKenya

Postby Neptune » Mon, 27 Nov 2017, 23:24

We need a Namibian kid to defend his country here.

National Flag:
ZimbabweZimbabwe

Postby Sables4EVA » Tue, 28 Nov 2017, 10:01

I have no idea, and Namibians do not converse on this forum, they seem to avoid it.

National Flag:
KenyaKenya

Postby Neptune » Tue, 28 Nov 2017, 22:39

Sables4EVA wrote:I have no idea, and Namibians do not converse on this forum, they seem to avoid it.

At least we get to host the Sables. The last time we hosted them was in 2012 at the Nyayo stadium.

National Flag:
ZimbabweZimbabwe

Postby Sables4EVA » Wed, 29 Nov 2017, 07:28

The Sables need to get revenge for losing at home 2 years running, we look forward to the clash.

National Flag:
UgandaUganda

Postby ugrugbychiclet » Wed, 06 Dec 2017, 07:43

RugbyLiebe wrote:

:thumbup:

National Flag:
UgandaUganda

Postby ugrugbychiclet » Wed, 06 Dec 2017, 07:44

Trendsetta wrote:This conspiracy theories are hilarious.... :lol:

:thumbup:

National Flag:
ItalyItaly

Postby Canalina » Wed, 06 Dec 2017, 13:44

No further news about Sierra Leone v Guinea Conakry, possibly to be played this sunday after a postponement since two weeks ago.
I've seen now that Sierra and Guinea are neighbor countries, there are just 250 km from Conakry to Freetown. The organizing of a match shouldn't be so onerous

National Flag:
ItalyItaly

Postby Canalina » Thu, 07 Dec 2017, 04:03

The game seems confirmed

See the most recent post on https://www.facebook.com/events/1787533 ... discussion

Venue is the Siaka Steven Stadium, apparently the biggest stadium in Freetown; maybe this is the reason because they needed funds. I wonder why often minor african national teams play in giant (empty) stadia. Due to lack of other sport fields?
Italian rugby news blog: http://www.rugby.it/news/

National Flag:
ItalyItaly

Postby Canalina » Fri, 08 Dec 2017, 06:50

The Maghreb Tri-Nations (or "Trighreb"), already highlighted by an other forumist, is confirmed. They will be the last test matches of the year and Morocco v Tunisia could be the last one affecting the world ranking

National Flag:
WalesWales

Postby dwpeate » Fri, 08 Dec 2017, 08:23

So, are match dates as listed above the poster?
Otherwise, I expect they are 16th, 20th, 24th if they are to match the poster dates :)

PreviousNext

Return to Rugby Forum