Tier 2 & 3 Rugby Forum - View topic - New Belgium/Spain/Romania/eligibility thread UPDATE

Tier 2 & 3 Rugby Forum

New Belgium/Spain/Romania/eligibility thread UPDATE

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Re: New Belgium/Spain/Romania/eligibility thread UPDATE

Postby Bogdan_DC » Wed, 16 May 2018, 06:35

Romania will play Portugal for relegation. The way are things right now in Romania, this will be a very tough game for us. No joke.

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Postby RugbyLiebe » Wed, 16 May 2018, 06:36

amz wrote:
let's hope they find Samoa on the map provided they win vs Portugal.

No worries, Western Samoa was a former German colony. We will find our way there if necessary, but maybe a little bit too early. :D
How to grow rugby worldwide?
Look at the world ranking in July. Teams ranked 1-10 have to play one team from 11-20 (they don't play in a regular competition) away the next year. 11-20 play 21-30 away and so on. Yes, it really is that simple.

National Flag:
PortugalPortugal

Postby suofficer » Wed, 16 May 2018, 06:39

One of the first things that needs to be done after the appeal process is ove,r is an education package for everyone , not just those involved in this episode but everyone involved in the game. There is clearly still some confusion.

Secondly, does anybody know how the IRB mediation is going in Germany ? Not that I'm worried or anything.....

Thirdly, if anyone finds out where the match on the 9th is going to be held can they post here please.

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Postby RugbyLiebe » Wed, 16 May 2018, 06:39

Bogdan_DC wrote:Romania will play Portugal for relegation. The way are things right now in Romania, this will be a very tough game for us. No joke.

We don't know that yet, or have all parties involved in the REC agreed? There was explicit no solution for the REC, but just a "direction", well with the implicit threat, that they will judge if no agreement is found.
Look at the world ranking in July. Teams ranked 1-10 have to play one team from 11-20 (they don't play in a regular competition) away the next year. 11-20 play 21-30 away and so on. Yes, it really is that simple.

National Flag:
PortugalPortugal

Postby suofficer » Wed, 16 May 2018, 07:09

Just as an update, I emailed the DRV this morning. Got an extremely efficient and polite response within 15 minutes informing me the location of the game will be decided before the end of next week.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby RugbyPUBtbilisi » Wed, 16 May 2018, 07:24

Considering the last season i dont think Germany will win Portugal for play off

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Postby cheesus » Wed, 16 May 2018, 07:58

RugbyPUBtbilisi wrote:Considering the last season i dont think Germany will win Portugal for play off

i guess (and deeply hope) that we will see a very different german team for the next qualification games.
with all the wild academy players portugal should be no problem.

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Postby Gorbeh » Wed, 16 May 2018, 08:04

suofficer wrote:Just as an update, I emailed the DRV this morning. Got an extremely efficient and polite response within 15 minutes informing me the location of the game will be decided before the end of next week.

Nice to hear, they answered so quickly. As soon as I see an update I'll post it here. And hopefully both teams are at full strength. Then it will be a nice match-up. Without the Academy players you guys will probably and rightfully advance :)

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby mihaic » Wed, 16 May 2018, 08:12

Test.
Last edited by mihaic on Wed, 16 May 2018, 09:08, edited 1 time in total.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby Bogdan_DC » Wed, 16 May 2018, 08:27

cheesus wrote:
RugbyPUBtbilisi wrote:Considering the last season i dont think Germany will win Portugal for play off

i guess (and deeply hope) that we will see a very different german team for the next qualification games.

Even with the first team Germany will have big problems against Portugal.

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Postby RugbyLiebe » Wed, 16 May 2018, 08:28

cheesus wrote:

Well two likely outcomes.
- if the WRA employed players are available => our chances to beat Portugal are very good. (a team with only 2-non-German-eligible players in the starting line-up narrowly lost 20-24 against Enisei). This together with the foreign based players and we will have a great team.

- when the WRA doesn't release their employees, our chances are extremely slim, even if we might get some more French legionaires this time, as it is in off-season.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby Bogdan_DC » Wed, 16 May 2018, 08:32

RugbyLiebe wrote:
Bogdan_DC wrote:Romania will play Portugal for relegation. The way are things right now in Romania, this will be a very tough game for us. No joke.

We don't know that yet, or have all parties involved in the REC agreed? There was explicit no solution for the REC, but just a "direction", well with the implicit threat, that they will judge if no agreement is found.

From my knowledge Romania will play Portugal for relegation but yes, nothing official.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby iul » Wed, 16 May 2018, 08:35

Oh man, getting relegated would be just about the last thing we need right now.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby Bogdan_DC » Wed, 16 May 2018, 08:46

With captain of the Oaks, bursting against FRR on social media, we can expect anything. Including a strike from our players or things like that. And this is just the beginning, i hear even more worrying rumors. One time Petrache was right: this decision will be catastrophic for our rugby.

National Flag:
Great BritainGreat Britain

Postby Thomas » Wed, 16 May 2018, 08:49

I have been listening to Spanish Radio and one of the biggest issues and gripes from the Spanish perspective was the amateur setup of the back office and their bad organisation and a firm restructure is required. they squarely blame the back office for this eligibility debacle people who have been in their posts for over 20 years and still do the same ways and have not updated their process.

Further too many Spanish players are been left out of the national selection at the expense of 2nd, 3rd generation foreign players this were members of local clubs talking on radio, that many young players who can play at National Level are being overlooked. Also the lack of Spanish Clubs in European championships shows the lack of proper club development.

I stressed this is what I heard on the Radio.

Can someone from Spanish Rugby clarify this? Armchair??

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby amz » Wed, 16 May 2018, 08:53

iul wrote:Oh man, getting relegated would be just about the last thing we need right now.

yeah, a Oaks' strike is exactly what we need right now.

National Flag:
PolandPoland

Postby rey200 » Wed, 16 May 2018, 09:12

why would they strike?

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby amz » Wed, 16 May 2018, 09:14

rey200 wrote:why would they strike?

They feel they were let down by the FRR clerks and probably will ask for the head of those who failed to make the checkings. Just rumors for now but they're not in a good mood.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby iul » Wed, 16 May 2018, 09:19

it would be great if the players would finally stand up to FRR about having foreigners in the national team.

National Flag:
AustraliaAustralia

Postby thatrugbyguy » Wed, 16 May 2018, 09:21

Gen Santa wrote:
i dont disagree, in fact spain have an argument for injustice because it seems the anglos at world rugby didnt understand their rules, did they?

romania on the other hand suffered at the incompetence of tonga's rugby board... but if they had doubts, why not avoid using said player?

this whole thing is pandora's box...

You would think a player database would already have existed. I understand we are talking a lot of players but pay someone to do the bloody for crying out loud. WR makes hundreds of million of dollars every World Cup and they can't afford to pay someone to create a player database than can be accessed to all unions globally? It's simple, the union provides the lists of players tied to their nation through senior XV's and 7's teams, they email it to World Rugby, someone at World Rugby puts into a system that everyone can access. Done.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby amz » Wed, 16 May 2018, 09:22

iul wrote:it would be great if the players would finally stand up to FRR about having foreigners in the national team.

it is not about that :) you hater

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby Bogdan_DC » Wed, 16 May 2018, 09:22

rey200 wrote:why would they strike?

How do you feel to break your bones on the field and FRR officials with some help from WR to fuck everything like this?

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby GeoRugby » Wed, 16 May 2018, 09:22

Bogdan_DC wrote:With captain of the Oaks, bursting against FRR on social media, we can expect anything. Including a strike from our players or things like that. And this is just the beginning, i hear even more worrying rumors. One time Petrache was right: this decision will be catastrophic for our rugby.

I cant blame him. They bust their asses on the field and get this. There is a history of conflict between the players and FRR and if you go by it, it wont be good for Romanian rugby at all.

National Flag:
AustraliaAustralia

Postby thatrugbyguy » Wed, 16 May 2018, 09:33

The players are the ones you feel sorry for that's for sure. They did nothing wrong.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby Sick » Wed, 16 May 2018, 09:36

iul wrote:it would be great if the players would finally stand up to FRR about having foreigners in the national team.

Yes, Captain!

Purtam in crivat si in soare,
Lumini pentru biruitori.
Pentru cei viteji zidim altare,
Si-avem doar gloante pentru tradatori!!!

PreviousNext

Return to Rugby Forum