National Flag:
SpainSpain

Belgium-Spain statement

Postby BobFish » Thu, 05 Apr 2018, 15:36

National Flag:
Great BritainGreat Britain

Re: New Belgium/Spain/Romania/Player eligibility / qualy' th

Postby sk 88 » Thu, 05 Apr 2018, 15:51

Well that's a load of rubbish. It barely says anything and we've been waiting weeks for it.

A replay is really not on, and I say that as someone who is dubious of the refereeing appointment process, it is out right saying that the referee was biased and so was the appointment process.

If they think that then surely a WR forced takeover of RE needs to happen too? And everyone involved banned from the game?

Postby FLIDTA RISXVA » Thu, 05 Apr 2018, 15:51

WR deserve applauding for their bravery -- unlike past matters,
in this case they have recognized that not everything is OK

@

National Flag:
SpainSpain

Postby BobFish » Thu, 05 Apr 2018, 15:54

sk 88 wrote:Well that's a load of rubbish. It barely says anything and we've been waiting weeks for it.

A replay is really not on, and I say that as someone who is dubious of the refereeing appointment process, it is out right saying that the referee was biased and so was the appointment process.

If they think that then surely a WR forced takeover of RE needs to happen too? And everyone involved banned from the game?

Completely disagree.

It says loads: it says that WR saw what most people in rugby saw in Vlad Dracul's performance in Brussels. It says that RE was completely wrong to dismiss the Spanish request to change the ref.

It says that a lawyers committee has been set up to review the ineligibility issues.

Whichever way it goes, I am happy with WR acting valiantly and showing that rugby is different.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Re: Belgium-Spain to be replayed

Postby Sick » Thu, 05 Apr 2018, 16:13

Well I'm fine with a replay if it happens. We all know a romanian ref should have never officiated that game.

National Flag:
UruguayUruguay

Postby qwerty » Thu, 05 Apr 2018, 16:13

WR initially wanted a replay, but given these discoveries about ineligible players, it is unlikely the game will be actually replayed, and it will probably come down to cancelled results. I'd say the title of this post is wrong.

National Flag:
United StatesUnited States

Postby TheStroBro » Thu, 05 Apr 2018, 16:15

sk 88 wrote:Well that's a load of rubbish. It barely says anything and we've been waiting weeks for it.

Not necessarily. I think they're stating that RE and should have taken Spains request and taken care of it so as not to create the perception and put the Ref in that position per se. Remember, Perception:Reality.

National Flag:
WalesWales

Postby JamesWales » Thu, 05 Apr 2018, 16:15

Sick wrote:Well I'm fine with a replay if it happens. We all know a romanian ref should have never officiated that game.

Fair play to you for saying as much.

A replay is right. It seems unfair on Romania, whom I will now hope qualify themselves.

This farce should never happen again.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby Sick » Thu, 05 Apr 2018, 16:16

Yes, they are stupidly vague about it, they are saying it like it's RE's decision...
We live in very vague and stupid times apparently...

National Flag:
SpainSpain

Postby BobFish » Thu, 05 Apr 2018, 16:18

Sick wrote:Well I'm fine with a replay if it happens. We all know a romanian ref should have never officiated that game.

It won't happen because it won't be necessary.

Romania and Belgium are in deep trouble. It all turn on whether Belie and Fuster are on the clear. I believe they are, if so, Spain qualifies as Europe 1 and Russia as Europe 2. If they are not, Spain will joint Romania and Belgium in the bin, Russia qualified and Germany against Portugal in the play-off.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby Sick » Thu, 05 Apr 2018, 16:18

qwerty wrote:WR initially wanted a replay, but given these discoveries about ineligible players, it is unlikely the game will be actually replayed, and it will probably come down to cancelled results. I'd say the title of this post is wrong.

Yes, that's the most likely outcome to me as it stands right now.

National Flag:
SpainSpain

Postby BobFish » Thu, 05 Apr 2018, 16:18

qwerty wrote:WR initially wanted a replay, but given these discoveries about ineligible players, it is unlikely the game will be actually replayed, and it will probably come down to cancelled results. I'd say the title of this post is wrong.

That's true. To clear my name: I never put that title :D

National Flag:
SpainSpain

Postby Madridista » Thu, 05 Apr 2018, 16:19

AHaHahaahah I want to see the face of Romanian posters ahaahahahah

Postby 4N » Thu, 05 Apr 2018, 16:22

You're right. Scanned to the eligibility portion and took the title from another rugby forum. My mistake. Fixed.

National Flag:
BrazilBrazil

Re: Belgium-Spain statement

Postby victorsra » Thu, 05 Apr 2018, 16:27

What we know from this: WR has settle 2 different comissions to analyse those cases:
- The Spanish players behavior;
- The players' eligibility-gate

About the Spain vs Belgium/Vlad/RE problem, I couldn't understand. WR hasn't formed its comission to judge the case but they are pressing RE to do that?

My opinion: a replay is an unwise move that opens a dangerous precedent for international rugby.
Brazilian Rugby News: www.portaldorugby.com.br

National Flag:
SpainSpain

Postby EspañaRugby » Thu, 05 Apr 2018, 16:30

Madridista, please show some respect, the situation is serious for our sport.

In my opinion WR has been very brave in betting on the most difficult path and has shown that rugby is different, that’s all I can say.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby amz » Thu, 05 Apr 2018, 16:32

victorsra wrote:
My opinion: a replay is an unwise move that opens a dangerous precedent for international rugby.

This was such a stupid thing to say before settling the eligibility part.
Fine, make it later if the first issue will pass without modifications in standings.

Just a spineless political declaration, I presume they already have the solution on eligibility issue

National Flag:
BrazilBrazil

Postby victorsra » Thu, 05 Apr 2018, 16:34

Yep, nonsene statement.
Brazilian Rugby News: www.portaldorugby.com.br

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby Bogdan_DC » Thu, 05 Apr 2018, 16:39

Mr Pichot surfing the wave of popularity&WR opening the Pandora box. Good luck with that!

National Flag:
SpainSpain

Postby BobFish » Thu, 05 Apr 2018, 16:52

Bogdan_DC wrote:Mr Pichot surfing the wave of popularity&WR opening the Pandora box. Good luck with that!

Or in other words: WR seeing what (almost) everyone saw in Brussels.

National Flag:
SpainSpain

Postby payoranger » Thu, 05 Apr 2018, 16:55

Rugby Europe was delaying the decision so WR has to take the command, nothing rare on that. WR says that the match would have to be replayed, something incredible if I heard it before the match, so WR is givind an advice for the future. If this will happen again they are going to take measures, very serious. If I were the 47 old farts in RE I wouldn't sleep very well, this statement is a direct strike to the way of making things in RE

I don't know what is going to happen with this, but I will be satisfied if clean RE for good, regardless the result for my country

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby Sick » Thu, 05 Apr 2018, 16:59

EspañaRugby wrote:Madridista, please show some respect, the situation is serious for our sport.

In my opinion WR has been very brave in betting on the most difficult path and has shown that rugby is different, that’s all I can say.

it's fine we're not 12. We were 100% sure we were not going to the WC anyway after you guys beat us. The only thing i have doubts on are whether all spanish players are ok eligibility wise.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby Sick » Thu, 05 Apr 2018, 17:00

payoranger wrote:Rugby Europe was delaying the decision so WR has to take the command, nothing rare on that. WR says that the match would have to be replayed, something incredible if I heard it before the match, so WR is givind an advice for the future. If this will happen again they are going to take measures, very serious. If I were the 47 old farts in RE I wouldn't sleep very well, this statement is a direct strike to the way of making things in RE

I don't know what is going to happen with this, but I will be satisfied if clean RE for good, regardless the result for my country

I would like a better RE as well for sure!

National Flag:
SpainSpain

Postby BobFish » Thu, 05 Apr 2018, 17:07

Sick wrote:
EspañaRugby wrote:Madridista, please show some respect, the situation is serious for our sport.

it's fine we're not 12. We were 100% sure we were not going to the WC anyway after you guys beat us. The only thing i have doubts on are whether all spanish players are ok eligibility wise.

Yep, that will be the deciding factor.

National Flag:
ItalyItaly

Postby Canalina » Thu, 05 Apr 2018, 17:10

From my point of view the repetition of the match would be a shame. I already wrote my reasons so I don't bore you with an other version of them.
The only motivation to repeat the game, in my opinion, would be to have a proof that the referee was dishonest; but how may you ever proof that?

Next

Return to Rugby Forum