Tier 2 & 3 Rugby Forum

Belgium-Spain statement

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Re: Belgium-Spain statement

Postby amz » Sun, 08 Apr 2018, 10:53

Happy Easter everyone! Hristos a inviat!

National Flag:
BrazilBrazil

Postby victorsra » Sun, 08 Apr 2018, 14:48

Let's be lucid.

There are only two non-moronic reasons for a referee in any sport to fuck a match:

1 - Match-fixing schemes. Money. And the nationality doesn't matter in this case. Corrupts can seell themselves to anyone;
2 - Job-risk/Job-profit/Blackmail from the teams/Unions involved/affected by a match. In other words, if the referee has a job in the Union or in an Union-related institution OR if the referee depends on the Union's internal or external politics (to keep being appointed to matches, international or even national ones... or to receive better appointments). In this cases, you can either have a blackmailed referee or a voluntarily-dirty referee.

This is the only reason why you can't have a referee from a country involved: referees depend on their Unions' politics. Ant that's why in leagues like Super Rugby it doesn't matter the nationality.

No one really cares about the nationality of the players involved. And you don't risk your professional life just because you drink some beers with someone or because you were born in the same place.
Brazilian Rugby News: www.portaldorugby.com.br

National Flag:
NicaraguaNicaragua

Postby Gen Santa » Sun, 08 Apr 2018, 15:42

happy easter my eastern european friends 8-)

National Flag:
St Pierre & MiquelonSt Pierre & Miquelon

Postby evil santa » Sun, 08 Apr 2018, 20:28

TheStroBro wrote:Without TMO, the ref couldn't award the Try. The only thing Russians should be mad about is Rugby Europe not adding TMO to the tournament.

Agree about TMO, but I think it was quite hard to keep calm when ball landing was shown several times behind the refs back.

National Flag:
New ZealandNew Zealand

Postby Immenso » Mon, 09 Apr 2018, 00:37

TheStroBro wrote:
Vova12 wrote:Decisions should not be based on perception, they must be based on facts, and all doubts should be interpreted in favor of acused.

I've already been pretty clear here. World Rugby set the precedent when they removed Marius the same week.

It wasn't 'the' precedent though. Because Iordanschu didn't referee a Belgium training session 4 days before the match. Which is the equivalent of what van der Westhuizen did.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby Bogdan_DC » Mon, 09 Apr 2018, 04:11

https://www.eurosport.es/rugby/blog-de- ... tory.shtml
Not much to say about this, Spain ask for changing the ref by a phone call? Go to WR with a YouTube clip made by some oz/scot ref? Arpaillange lying after the game? Lots of amateurism from everybody involved including WR.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby amz » Mon, 09 Apr 2018, 05:08

If they asked to change the ref by phone than I don't see why they are pissed Robin didn't change it.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby Bogdan_DC » Mon, 09 Apr 2018, 06:35

This is the local custom in REC aka villages Cup.Petrache said the same: “he phoned RE to pull out Iordachescu”.

National Flag:
SpainSpain

Postby BobFish » Mon, 09 Apr 2018, 08:28

You shouldn't believe everything that Fermín de la Calle says. He's in a personal crusade against FER, has been for years now. It has been already proven that his claim that the Spanish protest was based on a YouTube video is incorrect.my information is that the request to change the ref was made in writing.
Last edited by BobFish on Mon, 09 Apr 2018, 10:16, edited 1 time in total.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby Bogdan_DC » Mon, 09 Apr 2018, 09:00

Yes I doubt this also, is to much even for RE.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby Sick » Mon, 09 Apr 2018, 09:00

I honestly don't think it matters anyway.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby amz » Mon, 09 Apr 2018, 09:04

BobFish wrote:You shouldn't believe everything that Fermín de la Calle says. He's in a personal crusade against FER, has been for years now. It has been proven already that he's claim that the Spanish claim was based on a YouTube video is incorrect.my information is that the request to change the ref was made in writing.

Depends about what video we speak. First one sent was obviously from youtube because took sone days for
FER to acknowledge that number of penalties was 18-8 not 28-5. Than Spanish refs made a video and sent it again

National Flag:
WalesWales

Postby JamesWales » Mon, 09 Apr 2018, 10:38

So when are World Rugby likely to make a financial decision then?

National Flag:
RussiaRussia

Postby Zhenya_Zima » Mon, 09 Apr 2018, 11:02

JamesWales wrote:So when are World Rugby likely to make a financial decision then?

Ha. Typo? Or do you mean the one where they decide Spain are Europe 1 no matter what?

National Flag:
AndorraAndorra

Postby scrum » Mon, 09 Apr 2018, 11:11

I'm sorry, but I think Romania is going to be disqualified because of an ineligible player, and the complaint has not come from Spain, but from Russia. I think that regardless of whether the Tongan player is eligible or not, and although they are in their right, Russia has waited to lose, to make the complaint. Russian Fair Play. Personally I do not want to disqualify Romania, like many Spaniards. We want to repeat the game with an impartial referee and win Europe 1 on the field. If we lose justly, congratulate Romania

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby amz » Mon, 09 Apr 2018, 11:24

You lose it justly already but you don't want to acknowledge that

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby Sick » Mon, 09 Apr 2018, 12:29

scrum wrote:I'm sorry, but I think Romania is going to be disqualified because of an ineligible player, and the complaint has not come from Spain, but from Russia. I think that regardless of whether the Tongan player is eligible or not, and although they are in their right, Russia has waited to lose, to make the complaint. Russian Fair Play. Personally I do not want to disqualify Romania, like many Spaniards. We want to repeat the game with an impartial referee and win Europe 1 on the field. If we lose justly, congratulate Romania

Yeah, I tend to agree.

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Postby RugbyLiebe » Mon, 09 Apr 2018, 14:06

Don't hold your breath and expect a solution soon. Rugby Europe has postponed the relegation game Germany vs. Portugal (scheduled April 28th), without giving out a new date.

http://www.rugby-verband.de/reic-moegli ... l-verlegt/
How to grow rugby worldwide?
Look at the world ranking in July. Teams ranked 1-10 have to play one team from 11-20 (they don't play in a regular competition) away the next year. 11-20 play 21-30 away and so on. Yes, it really is that simple.

National Flag:
PortugalPortugal

Postby suofficer » Mon, 09 Apr 2018, 14:24

I feel like world rugby don't care about my plane tickets.......

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Postby RugbyLiebe » Mon, 09 Apr 2018, 14:28

suofficer wrote:I feel like world rugby don't care about my plane tickets.......

Well, if I remember correctly, you should look for some games played in France as that's the same distance from your last Poland-round-trip ;-)
You definitely have my sympathies. Maybe you are lucky and the German federation reschedules the changed Bundesliga games back to April 28th. Frankfurt would have an interesting home game then ;-)
http://rugbyweb.de/index.php?league=BL1S
How to grow rugby worldwide?
Look at the world ranking in July. Teams ranked 1-10 have to play one team from 11-20 (they don't play in a regular competition) away the next year. 11-20 play 21-30 away and so on. Yes, it really is that simple.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby Bogdan_DC » Mon, 09 Apr 2018, 15:32

RugbyLiebe wrote:
suofficer wrote:I feel like world rugby don't care about my plane tickets.......

Well, if I remember correctly, you should look for some games played in France as that's the same distance from your last Poland-round-trip ;-)

:))
In this moment your tickets could be changed to almost any REC country. Pls don’t come to Romania for this one. You are more than welcomed for the first game on the repechage route.One month ago I would have been very disappointed with this option, but times are changing.

National Flag:
PortugalPortugal

Postby suofficer » Mon, 09 Apr 2018, 15:37

I have this feeling they will make Germany x Portugal the game to not only decide promotion / relegation but for who will play Samoa.

Samoa in Lisbon, this is the stuff school boy dreams are made off.......Fiji in Lisbon was good, this would be huge.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby Bogdan_DC » Mon, 09 Apr 2018, 15:46

Neah, no matter what Spain will be Europe 1. Depends who will be sacrificed Belgium or/and Romania.

National Flag:
NetherlandsNetherlands

Postby Silver Fox » Mon, 09 Apr 2018, 20:26

As long as there is no verdict we are left with time to speculate.
We could make it a poll.
To start I can give you my prediction.
I'd say all Romanian wins featuring Faka'asileia will be reversed.
The one Belgian game with Paquet in it won't matter much.
So Russia will be Europe 1 with Spain playing off to Portugal.

Since these games double as the 2018 REC Romania will face Portugal in the relegation match.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby amz » Mon, 09 Apr 2018, 20:29

So how they ll bury Belie ?

PreviousNext

Return to Rugby Forum