Tier 2 & 3 Rugby Forum

RWCQ - Jun16th - Germany v Portugal

National Flag:
BrazilBrazil

Re: RWCQ - Jun16th - Germany v Portugal

Postby victorsra » Sat, 16 Jun 2018, 15:55

You forget. To qualify they would have to win the playoff v Samoa. If they lose tat, they still have to win the repechage to qualify. They are NOT qualifying for RWC by beating one Championship team.

I know that. I am talking about the possibility to see such bizarre situation happening.
Brazilian Rugby News: www.portaldorugby.com.br

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby Bogdan_DC » Sat, 16 Jun 2018, 15:58

Samoa will smash soooo bad Germany.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby Sick » Sat, 16 Jun 2018, 16:47

Bogdan_DC wrote:Samoa will smash soooo bad Germany.

Yes, they will get royaly f*****.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby Sick » Sat, 16 Jun 2018, 16:49

frakturfreak wrote:I don’t care how we’ve won. We’ve won. Portugal might have been better on the field but if their kicker can’t kick dead in-front penalties it’s their bad.

I think you should be gracious in defeat. Not in victory. Don't worry. You will lose a lot starting from now. You'll get the chance.

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Postby frakturfreak » Sat, 16 Jun 2018, 17:41

Sick wrote:
frakturfreak wrote:I don’t care how we’ve won. We’ve won. Portugal might have been better on the field but if their kicker can’t kick dead in-front penalties it’s their bad.

I think you should be gracious in defeat. Not in victory. Don't worry. You will lose a lot starting from now. You'll get the chance.

How gracious was the pointless Romanian appeal? I think I remember that we've accepted going down before the eligiblity stuff and weren't the ones asking for an investigation. At least now your national team might have some video material to also play Portugal.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby Sick » Sat, 16 Jun 2018, 17:57

frakturfreak wrote:
Sick wrote:

How gracious was the pointless Romanian appeal? I think I remember that we've accepted going down before the eligiblity stuff and weren't the ones asking for an investigation. At least now your national team might have some video material to also play Portugal.

Utterly pointles was that appeal. Even if we convinced 1 of 3 judges. But when it comes to playing rugby in the field... with the curent form your team is showing...maaaaaan... pointless...

National Flag:
United StatesUnited States

Postby sanitycheck » Sat, 16 Jun 2018, 18:21

Sick wrote:
frakturfreak wrote:
Sick wrote:

Utterly pointles was that appeal. Even if we convinced 1 of 3 judges. But when it comes to playing rugby in the field... with the curent form your team is showing...maaaaaan... pointless...

How old are you ?
Formerly known as "Aus_in_Germany"

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby amz » Sat, 16 Jun 2018, 18:28

frakturfreak wrote:
Sick wrote:

Whatever is permitted by law in gracious enough so stop with whataboutism.

You should be thankful for this chance and try to get the best out of it. Instead what I've seen was not conscious enough of its chances.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby Sick » Sat, 16 Jun 2018, 21:08

sanitycheck wrote:
Sick wrote:
frakturfreak wrote:
Sick wrote:

How old are you ?

Old enough to know a bad side when i see it.

National Flag:
EnglandEngland

Postby Tomster7uk » Sun, 17 Jun 2018, 00:35

So we have clarification as in to which country the second leg of the Europe/Oceania play off shall be contested in, Germany. Samoa (16th) will kick off things in Apia against the 29th ranked team in the world, Germany.

First leg

Samoa v Germany - 30th June 2018

Second leg

Germany v Samoa - 14th July 2018

The winner of said match shall join Pool A as the play off winner whilst the loser enters the repechage.

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Postby RugbyLiebe » Sun, 17 Jun 2018, 06:39

German coach Kobus Potgieter:

"We played like crap, but in the end we've won and that's the most important thing"
"Wir haben scheiße gespielt, aber am Ende trotzdem gewonnen, das ist das Wichtigste!“
http://www.totalrugby.de/content/view/9498/37/
How to grow rugby worldwide?
Look at the world ranking in July. Teams ranked 1-10 have to play one team from 11-20 (they don't play in a regular competition) away the next year. 11-20 play 21-30 away and so on. Yes, it really is that simple.

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Postby germanbullsfan » Sun, 17 Jun 2018, 07:54

Once i read a definiton of what makes a good team, the Ability to win crappy games! What makes this game different from the past ones ? They not lost it in the last 10 min like they did so often in the past. So at least in that point they matured!

National Flag:
PortugalPortugal

Postby suofficer » Mon, 18 Jun 2018, 08:15

well there we go. Germany took their chances and Portugal didn't Good luck to Germany. anyone know when we play Romania?

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby amz » Mon, 18 Jun 2018, 08:18

germanbullsfan wrote:Once i read a definiton of what makes a good team, the Ability to win crappy games! What makes this game different from the past ones ? They not lost it in the last 10 min like they did so often in the past. So at least in that point they matured!

A good team is one that wins even when play bad not who wins crappy games. :roll:

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby Bogdan_DC » Mon, 18 Jun 2018, 11:56

suofficer wrote:well there we go. Germany took their chances and Portugal didn't Good luck to Germany. anyone know when we play Romania?

It looks that we will play in November.

National Flag:
WalesWales

Postby rugby.change » Mon, 18 Jun 2018, 17:18

Germany should use the Samoa games as a way to see where they stand. They are pretty much not gonna win away, and I'd be surprised if they put up much of a fit at home either. But develop them selves and use the exposure as a way to develop ahead of the Repechage. They have a good chance I think in the Rep. The Africa 2 nation is gonna be there about's the same level as Portugal as will Hong Kong (they should beat Cook Islands). Use the fact that Germany beat Uruguay who beat Canada as an intensive that there's no massive reason why Canada is not beatable, especially on current form.

National Flag:
UruguayUruguay

Postby qwerty » Tue, 19 Jun 2018, 08:00

Any videos of the game? The stream from the RE page seems to be corrupted.

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Postby RugbyLiebe » Tue, 19 Jun 2018, 08:04

qwerty wrote:Any videos of the game? The stream from the RE page seems to be corrupted.

If I was you, I wouldn't waste my time. Not a game to rewatch.
How to grow rugby worldwide?
Look at the world ranking in July. Teams ranked 1-10 have to play one team from 11-20 (they don't play in a regular competition) away the next year. 11-20 play 21-30 away and so on. Yes, it really is that simple.

National Flag:
AustraliaAustralia

Postby thatrugbyguy » Tue, 19 Jun 2018, 12:53

rugby.change wrote:Germany should use the Samoa games as a way to see where they stand. They are pretty much not gonna win away, and I'd be surprised if they put up much of a fit at home either. But develop them selves and use the exposure as a way to develop ahead of the Repechage. They have a good chance I think in the Rep. The Africa 2 nation is gonna be there about's the same level as Portugal as will Hong Kong (they should beat Cook Islands). Use the fact that Germany beat Uruguay who beat Canada as an intensive that there's no massive reason why Canada is not beatable, especially on current form.

I understand what you're saying but I also think walking in with that kinda of attitude is not the best. They've got to try and go for the win no matter how impossible it may seem. T2 nations for years held that attitude against tougher opposition and it got them nowhere. It's only been in the last 10 years with the increasing in professionalism at the T2 level that the attitudes have change. Whilst the drama with Wild has ended these guys are still professionals until the end of the year. Yes, plan for the repechage, but don't just throw in the towel for the Samoa series.

National Flag:
EnglandEngland

Postby Tomster7uk » Tue, 19 Jun 2018, 15:16

Go with the winning mentality, you never know which Samoa will come out...they could have an off day so Germany could capitalise on and therefore improve their chances.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby Sick » Tue, 19 Jun 2018, 19:15

Tomster7uk wrote:Go with the winning mentality, you never know which Samoa will come out...they could have an off day so Germany could capitalise on and therefore improve their chances.

... I don't think it matters how Samoa plays. Even if they are shit Germany shouldn't be a problem for them.

Gap in individual quality on every position is just huge.

National Flag:
UruguayUruguay

Postby qwerty » Tue, 19 Jun 2018, 19:43

Exactly. Samoa would win by 30 in a bad day for them.

Previous

Return to Rugby Forum