Tier 2 & 3 Rugby Forum

RWC19 Ticketing

National Flag:
New ZealandNew Zealand

RWC19 Ticketing

Postby YamahaKiwi » Tue, 26 Jun 2018, 12:17

Just a heads up to anyone thinking of going into the general ballot that single match ticket applications for that ballot are about to finish in a couple of hours. If you want to apply for the general ballot you can join WR's "The Front Row" club and register for ticketing.

Most of the games involving T2 teams are at mid or low level demand except for the host's games including the opening match so there's a good chance to get tickets. FRA v ARG & IRE v SCO is mid demand for t1 v t1 and RSA v ITA is low demand. Outside of the hosts games ARG v TON is high demand for T1 v T2 in Osaka. This is a rematch from one of the best 2015 games which I went to. Also the two matches at the smallest venue in Kamaishi are high demand. Surprisingly some of the better T1 v T2 games are low demand eg Fiji v Wales, Georgia v Wales.

For our US posters v ENG is mid, v FRA low, v ARG mid, v TON mid.

Seems overall demand is actually a bit lower than in 2015 so outside the really big games and host games, there should still be a reasonable chance to get tickets when they go on general sale in January 2018. There will also, like 2015 be a face value resale service.

https://www.rugbyworldcup.com/tickets

National Flag:
ScotlandScotland

Re: RWC19 Ticketing

Postby doonhamer » Fri, 13 Jul 2018, 10:45

Did anyone else get lucky in the ballot?I got the 2 games i wanted
Scotland v Samao/Germany und Fiji v Georgia

National Flag:
New ZealandNew Zealand

Re: RWC19 Ticketing

Postby YamahaKiwi » Sun, 15 Jul 2018, 07:49

I didn't as there still seems to be a good number of tickets left for many of the games (despite all the spin WR were putting on their press release the other day) except the obvious big ones so decided just to wait see what is left over when general sales start in January 2019. I'm also waiting to see who wins the repechage. If it's not Canada and therefore a debut country, might be worth going to see someone new at the RWC.

Return to Rugby Forum