SpainSpain

Re: Youth Internationals

Postby Armchair Fan » Tue, 28 Jan 2020, 09:59

No, there wouldn't have been Poland.

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Postby RugbyLiebe » Tue, 28 Jan 2020, 10:19

Armchair Fan wrote:No, there wouldn't have been Poland.

Seems logical :roll:
How to grow rugby worldwide?
Look at the world ranking in July. Teams ranked 1-10 have to play one team from 11-20 (they don't play in a regular competition) away the next year. 11-20 play 21-30 away and so on. Yes, it really is that simple.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby Bogdan_DC » Tue, 28 Jan 2020, 13:32

RugbyLiebe wrote:
Bogdan_DC wrote:Rugby Europe competitions are a joke.

Compared to most other continental federations they are not. And the one's who made it a joke are the Cartel nations when they dropped out.

So how you describe 2019 - U20 MEN XV CHAMPIONSHIP (6 teams and one it was Nouvelle Aquitainne)? Remember 2017-2018 RWC qualifiers? No TMO even on senior level? Refs appointed by some telenovelas lover?

You dont have the feeling that ARC in few years already overpassed REC as a competition?

But i agree with you, Cartel unions leaving RE juniors championship was one of the most unfair things i ever heard in a sport competition.

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Postby RugbyLiebe » Tue, 28 Jan 2020, 13:43

Bogdan_DC wrote:
RugbyLiebe wrote:
Bogdan_DC wrote:Rugby Europe competitions are a joke.

Compared to most other continental federations they are not. And the one's who made it a joke are the Cartel nations when they dropped out.

So how you describe 2019 - U20 MEN XV CHAMPIONSHIP (6 teams and one it was Nouvelle Aquitainne)? Remember 2017-2018 RWC qualifiers? No TMO even on senior level? Refs appointed by some telenovelas lover?

You dont have the feeling that ARC in few years already overpassed REC as a competition?

But i agree with you, Cartel unions leaving RE juniors championship was one of the most unfair things i ever heard in a sport competition.

Also not sure, if it hasn't already, that's why I wrote "most" :D ARC happens, when you have only cartel unions in your continent(s) who are willing to cooperate. Actually the whole thing was Pichot's idea, right? But yeah, Rugby Europe is not exactly the hub of brilliant organization, but neither is World Rugby.
How to grow rugby worldwide?
Look at the world ranking in July. Teams ranked 1-10 have to play one team from 11-20 (they don't play in a regular competition) away the next year. 11-20 play 21-30 away and so on. Yes, it really is that simple.

Postby FLIDTA RISXVA » Wed, 29 Jan 2020, 09:31

Rugby Europe competitions are a joke

Comp's presentation is a joke, indeed

They publish QF dates and pairs for U18
and NOTHING about SF and Finals

How one calculates at least further DATES:

add 3 | 4 days at random? or just have a guess?

:::

National Flag:
ItalyItaly

Postby Canalina » Thu, 30 Jan 2020, 21:33

Tomorrow afternoon the first round of U20 Six Nations purposes Wales v Italy. The game will be shown by S4C (welsh main channel) but apparently no one will broadcasted it in Italy.
Do you have a suggestion to see S4C outside UK?

National Flag:
ChileChile

Postby Pichulonko » Thu, 30 Jan 2020, 21:39

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby BigG » Fri, 31 Jan 2020, 09:09

Today starts u20 six nations.
It is always interesting to watch.
I would be grateful to our Welsh/British and Italian mates if they post a link for Wales vs Italy.

P.S. I was very much surprised to learn that bookies give 15 point handicap to Welsh team.

National Flag:
ItalyItaly

Postby Canalina » Fri, 31 Jan 2020, 11:26

BigG wrote:Today starts u20 six nations.
I would be grateful to our Welsh/British and Italian mates if they post a link for Wales vs Italy.

Me too. It will be live on welsh channel S4C but I can't find any pirate stream about.
Apparently no one will show it in Italy and it's a bit strange, because the women 6N games are shown free and live on facebook in the countries where any tv doesn't show them.

BigG wrote:P.S. I was very much surprised to learn that bookies give 15 point handicap to Welsh team.

It means that they think Wales is going to win by 15 points or to lose by 15 points? :geek:
Anyway it surprises me too, I expect a quite balanced match; our U20 team should be not bad this year

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby BigG » Fri, 31 Jan 2020, 11:38

Canalina wrote:
BigG wrote:Today starts u20 six nations.

Me too. It will be live on welsh channel S4C but I can't find any pirate stream about.
Apparently no one will show it in Italy and it's a bit strange, because the women 6N games are shown free and live on facebook in the countries where any tv doesn't show them.

BigG wrote:P.S. I was very much surprised to learn that bookies give 15 point handicap to Welsh team.

It means that they think Wales is going to win by 15 points or to lose by 15 points? :geek:
Anyway it surprises me too, I expect a quite balanced match; our U20 team should be not bad this year

What a shame. After all it is u20, not senior competition. Why they try to make money on that? Anyway, if you get any link, please post here.
As for game result, I also think it will be very close one.

National Flag:
RomaniaRomania

Postby Bogdan_DC » Fri, 31 Jan 2020, 12:02

Italy looks better and better at u20s and u18s every year. Their problem looks in transition to seniors, Top 12 clubs are not appealing for young players to try a pro career. Anyhow i rate Italy youth above Scotland right now and about equal with Wales.

National Flag:
ItalyItaly

Postby Canalina » Fri, 31 Jan 2020, 19:39

From our forum, a link for Wal v Ita

https://easyview.eu/watch.php?stream=s4c

Hard to make it starting, but then it works!

National Flag:
ItalyItaly

Postby Canalina » Fri, 31 Jan 2020, 20:34

Wales v Italy 7-8 at the end of the first half

And Italy deserved a larger gap

Postby 4N » Fri, 31 Jan 2020, 20:40

14-7 now. Forza Azzurrini :thumbup:

National Flag:
BrazilBrazil

Postby victorsra » Fri, 31 Jan 2020, 21:03

Awesome!
Brazilian Rugby News: www.portaldorugby.com.br

National Flag:
ItalyItaly

Postby Canalina » Fri, 31 Jan 2020, 21:12

Italy lead 17-7 with ten minutes left, despite three kicks missed (one conversion and two penalty kicks)

National Flag:
SpainSpain

Postby Armchair Fan » Fri, 31 Jan 2020, 21:14

They are really superior in all aspects of the game, but a bit more intelligence would be welcome.

National Flag:
ItalyItaly

Postby Canalina » Fri, 31 Jan 2020, 21:18

The player now entering (Michele Brighetti) won last year the Africa Cup U20 (or U19 ?) with the shirt of Kenya
From "Chipu" to "Azzurrini" : )

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby tryman » Fri, 31 Jan 2020, 22:20

Italy end up winning 17-7. A smashing result considering it was played in Wales.

Postby 4N » Fri, 31 Jan 2020, 23:28

Watched most of it. Italy dominated possession and lineouts, they could have won by more really. The 9 & 10 were skilled, controlled the game with good territorial kicking.

National Flag:
WalesWales

Postby ihateblazers » Sat, 01 Feb 2020, 06:34

Bogdan_DC wrote:Italy looks better and better at u20s and u18s every year. Their problem looks in transition to seniors, Top 12 clubs are not appealing for young players to try a pro career. Anyhow i rate Italy youth above Scotland right now and about equal with Wales.

Like Scotland, the problem they have is they've only got 2 pro teams. The academy program develops good players but they struggle with depth due to the lack of contracts available and the relative poor level/appeal of domestic rugby like you mentioned. That is ultimately why Scotland and Italy can't compete as well as other T1 at senior level and will always be playing catch up until that changes or they push young guys to play in the French and English 2nd division.

That's why I'm confident about the future of USA and Canada with MLR and Japan if the JRFU eventually sorts out it's youth pathways . If local Argentine clubs or at least provincial unions went pro they'd be developing even more high level players.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby BigG » Sat, 01 Feb 2020, 08:45

Italy deserved the win. They were better in all components of a game. Italian second and third rows are physically much stronger then the Welsh ones.
Wales lacks good playmakers, i.e. ##9,10,15.

Scotland looked good to me vs. Ireland. They lost, but progress is there. Scots fully dominated In scrummage. That was a big surprise.

National Flag:
IrelandIreland

Postby dropkick » Sat, 01 Feb 2020, 10:33

ihateblazers wrote:
Bogdan_DC wrote:Italy looks better and better at u20s and u18s every year. Their problem looks in transition to seniors, Top 12 clubs are not appealing for young players to try a pro career. Anyhow i rate Italy youth above Scotland right now and about equal with Wales.

Like Scotland, the problem they have is they've only got 2 pro teams. The academy program develops good players but they struggle with depth due to the lack of contracts available and the relative poor level/appeal of domestic rugby like you mentioned. That is ultimately why Scotland and Italy can't compete as well as other T1 at senior level and will always be playing catch up until that changes or they push young guys to play in the French and English 2nd division.

That's why I'm confident about the future of USA and Canada with MLR and Japan if the JRFU eventually sorts out it's youth pathways . If local Argentine clubs or at least provincial unions went pro they'd be developing even more high level players.

They're in a good position. They can keep improving Benetton and Zebre and then have the potential to expand to somewhere like Rome or Milan.

National Flag:
ArgentinaArgentina

Postby carbonero » Sat, 01 Feb 2020, 16:24

ihateblazers wrote:Like Scotland, the problem they have is they've only got 2 pro teams. The academy program develops good players but they struggle with depth due to the lack of contracts available and the relative poor level/appeal of domestic rugby like you mentioned. That is ultimately why Scotland and Italy can't compete as well as other T1 at senior level and will always be playing catch up until that changes or they push young guys to play in the French and English 2nd division.

Would an Argentine league have more appeal/level than the Italian Top 12? You bash the level of their league but then ask Argentina to follow the same path.

National Flag:
GeorgiaGeorgia

Postby BigG » Sat, 01 Feb 2020, 17:57

Dear mates,
Do you have the link for U20 France vs England?

PreviousNext

Return to Rugby Forum